Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1273348 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (421) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by question(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2011
pslm23:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It means a lot to me smiley

Update: Today is day 2 since the retrieval and the clinic called (they are required to call the patient every morning with an update) and the "embies" are doing well and dividing normally like they should. Tomorrow when I get my update call, i will be told the exact day the embies will be tranferred back to my uterus to continue thier 9 month journey grin and how many will be transferred.
I started a whole bunch of medication today to prepare my uterus for the upcoming tranfer. I pray everything goes according to God's will.
Wishing you a BFP in a few weeks time and BBB or twins in 9 months time. God bless u.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
Yesterday morning I had my ET. 9 out of the 10 embryos reached the blast stage and we had 3 beautiful embryos were transferred back to their rightful home (my uterus). We signed up for cryopreservation so the rest of our embies will be frozen for future use. I am so freaking excited it is unbelievable. grin
Of course I am on bed and chair rest for the next 48 hours. Hubby has to do the cooking, cleaning and I'm enjoying every minute of it. grin grin
I also started my Estradiol and Prenatal Plus pills today. My only problem now is the size of my ovaries and the pain they are causing me. My RE says they will go back to their normal size in about 2-3 weeks, I'm like WTF?? they are pressing down on my bladder and causing me to run to the bathroom every 30 mins. He did say that the meds i was on for stimming was what caused the ovaries to be enlarged so they could produce good viable follicles/eggs.

Alls well that ends well. I'm letting go and letting God take control now. If all 3 embies decide to stay, then I will have triplets but it's all in God's hands.

13 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by stages: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2011
My My
I really don't know what to say.
You are a strong and determined woman
and God would see you through

i know the God mother list is too long but
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz add my name
even if am number 200

I can see 2 pretty girls and a cute handsome boy in 9 months.

My sister your story will motivate many women and only God can
repay you for this step you've taken to share your experience.

Please help me buy a bottle of cold beer for ur hubby (i'll pay) lol, i admire his determination too.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 18, 2011
I came across this thread by accident and reading it really hit me deep at what some people go through for something that so many take forgranted.

From the bottom of my heart I salute you all, your strength and determination and I pray that there will be shouts of joy in all of your households soon. I am excited for those of you who have started the journey and exited for those who are doing it the natural way too because God is everywhere and forever faithful. He will not let any of you down. Amen.

I commend your husband’s because they are good men and they will all surely be rewarded for their patience and support;  so are the ladies too going through the same.

You are all strong women but the God that I serve is stronger than us all put together and I know that he can perform any feat and I know and believe that this thread will not just be a source of strength for many but will have a happy ending for all Amen. Lots of kisses to you all.  kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2011
Congrats dear, for 9 out of 10 to get to blast, whaoooo, I'm short of words. The egg quality must have been very good, probably due to the drugs they used and also the weather over there. Congrats! this crinone 8% gel is not used here. At least all the centres I've used and others I made enquiries, none of them seem to use them. I really don't mind these drugs if I have to go through the path of IVF again. Then that estradiol stuff you talked about, how is it used? pls I need the names of all the drugs you were given after ER and how they are used and also the dosage. Like I said I've done 4 IVFs with no success, I really don't mind trying something new even if it means going against doc's prescription. Congrats O and rest enough in preparation for your triplets cos I have faith and believe all 3 will implant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
Rust2000:

Congrats dear, for 9 out of 10 to get to blast, whaoooo, I'm short of words. The egg quality must have been very good, probably due to the drugs they used and also the weather over there. Congrats! this crinone 8% gel is not used here. At least all the centres I've used and others I made enquiries, none of them seem to use them. I really don't mind these drugs if I have to go through the path of IVF again. Then that estradiol stuff you talked about, how is it used? pls I need the names of all the drugs you were given after ER and how they are used and also the dosage. Like I said I've done 4 IVFs with no success, I really don't mind trying something new even if it means going against doc's prescription. Congrats O and rest enough in preparation for your triplets cos I have faith and believe all 3 will implant.

[b]I would suggest taking the names of these meds to your doc and have him or her research it before prescribing it for you. A lot of us going through IVF have different antagonist protocols prescribed to us. I know of a few women that started with Lupron which is a longer antagonist protocol but my doc started me off with BCPs.

After ER, I was put on Medrol which is a kind of steroid used primarily for ICSI procedures. My doc says it is used to prepare the uterus so that it won't reject the embryos when they are transferred. I was on this for 5 days.

The other medication I was told to start 2 days after ER was the Crinone 8% gel. It is a gel like substance in a tube like pen which you insert into the vajay-jay (  grin ) and squeeze to deposit the gel right on the cervix where it will make it's way into the uterus.

I am also on  Estrace (Estradiol) pills 2wice a day. I started taking it a day after my ET. My doc says that while we are stimming, our estrogen levels are usually so high from all the follicles we produce and so what happens is that after ER, the estrogen level drops dramatically and when that happens our uterus could get "unhappy" and my doc wants me to have  a "happy uterus".  grin grin

The last pill I'm taking is the prenatal plus. Every woman TTCing should be on prenatal vitamins anyway without any doctor telling them.

These are the only meds I'm taking since ER. Let me know if u have any other questions.

Try going online and looking up these medications and find out if they are sold in neighboring countries like Ghana if they are not sold in Nigeria. If you are in London, I'm pretty sure they'll have them there but again, bear in mind that you will need a prescription from your doctor for all of them except the prenatal vitamins which is sold OTC (over the counter).

God bless  grin[/b]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
@pslm23

Hang in there girl! i found my self laughing and smiling when i read this latest update,(hubby doing the house chores) that happened to me as well ,some times i try to take a piss by saying stuffs like"hun ,can you wipe my bum for me,you know the doctor said not to bend over all the time, i also need a drink & get me a straw while you're at it " lol.
,its nice to see your hubby is being supportive all the way.
i guess you'll be shopping & buying in dozens since its TRIPLETS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
uzoo:

@pslm23
Hang in there girl! i found my self laughing and smiling when i read this latest update,(hubby doing the house chores) that happened to me as well ,some times i try to take a piss by saying stuffs like"hun ,can you wipe my bum for me,you know the doctor said not to bend over all the time, i also need a drink & get me a straw while you're at it " lol.
,its nice to see your hubby is being supportive all the way.
i guess you'll be shopping & buying in dozens since its TRIPLETS

grin grin grin grin grin grin knowing my husband, if i were to tell him to come help wipe my bum, he will tell me that it wasn't in the marriage contract. He has been very supportive though and even now that I'm off bed rest and back to work, he still wants to keep helping with  the cooking and cleaning. The only thing he has a problem with is the no se.x ban which our doctor has put in place until 10 weeks of gestation.  The thing dey vex am no be small  grin ,  as for me, I'm enjoying the hiatus while it lasts  grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by missuzoma: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
girl i admire your courage. millions of us are praying for you. oh lord pls answer our prayer concerning our dear sister and the triplets amen. as for the ten week ban na waoh i can hear the hissing and sighing from here. he is a wonderful man though. our lord .is able dear sister. i got three beautiful kids and was only told i wasnt supposed to have any kids during screening prior to determining an appropriate birth control measure. remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
Well, like you said, will have to cross-check with my Doc cos the drugs are much! I'm in the Uk presently for 2 weeks and the drugs are there but u were right can't any drugs without prescription and moreover I'm not starting the procedure now till December that is if I don't get a bfp naturally before then. Will be in houston next month for an official assignment, If you can send me the name of your clinic, really don't mind making enquiries about their price just to see if its something I can afford grin. I think I'm already impressed with their results. I called Houston fertility center the last time I was in Houston, Katy. But it wasn't really cheap and its not as if it was recommended by anyone, just saw the sign post when I went shopping at the memorial shopping mall and decided to make enquiries. My email add is ruonar2000@yahoo.com. Congrats in advance.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by OAM4J: 12:13am On Oct 20, 2011
@ Psalm23

I salute your courage. And I pray that the good Lord will give you the grace and the strength to carry it through. I will be praying for u.

All will be well.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by brauneyes: 1:25am On Oct 20, 2011
I read all these posts with utter admiration for Psalm 23 and all those that support her and her husband. I have nothing else to say but to say that Psalm 23 is one lady with b.a.l.l.s I pray that God will crown all your efforts with success. I am visiting a friend who had a visitor from Nigeria with a similar case, she conceived after 14 years. Psalm 23, God has already given you all your heart desires, stay focused and believe in Him totally while reaching out to possess your possession.
God will make you smile, you will walk with your shoulders held high, you will carry your own bundle of joy, you will live up to God's purpose for your life.
Remember, you are wonderfully made, God will make all things new in His time. God bless you and give you the courage to travel this road, AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by diva90: 2:06am On Oct 20, 2011
never loose hope ladies. i had 2 aunts who went tru these procedures and now they are blessed with 2 kids each. there is nothing God can not do if you have faith in him
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Breeze5000: 3:33am On Oct 20, 2011
One of the best thread on NL. No insults, no screaming, etc People finally being normal and supportive. Isn't this what we all crave for?
@Pslm23 pls let us know when the babies come so we can send lil gifts and cards, Somehow we have to hook up via FB or email, but we will definitely hook up. Greetings to Oga, that is how men should be, always being supportive of their wives no matter what. To every other woman out there, GOD will see you through and no there is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

NB:
Something funny though. A friend of mine in Europe tried this for so long and spent so much money, finally when nothing happened she gave up. She started went on diet to lose weight and bought all the skimpy dresses to rock the summer, then she fell sick and went to the hospital where she was told she was Pregnant!, Her baby is about a year now, grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Abuloma80(f): 5:21am On Oct 20, 2011
What an outspoken, enlightened open minded and an inspiring Lady, my prayers with you dear, By God's grace its a success story.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AuntyK: 6:13am On Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for sharing pslm23, God that answer Hannah and Sarah will do it for you. I know two people who went thru IVF, my aunty after 12yrs of marriage conceived thru IVF did it twice she is blessed with 2girls/boy and a friend gave birth to triplet two yrs ago (2boys/1girl). Keep praying, have faith that God as began molding your babies in the next 9month they will here.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mazaje(m): 6:40am On Oct 20, 2011
Pls whats the meaning of TTC?

Wishing pslm23 all the best and hoping that your wishes come true. . . . .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 20, 2011
mazaje:

Pls whats the meaning of TTC?

Wishing pslm23 all the best and hoping that your wishes come true. . . . .

TTC means trying to conceive
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mazaje(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2011
chaircover:

TTC means trying to conceive

Thanks. . . .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Africaine(f): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2011
Congrats pslm23,I know you have triplets already, just relax, let your mind,body and spirit be in agreement. God will do the rest, cheers

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2011
Wow!! To say I am overwhelmed by the support and encouragement I've received here since posting my journey would be an understatement. I'm crying because it feels like I have my family all around me supporting me. What a great feeling.
Ok, here's an update. I got for my BETA next Tuesday but i couldn't resist POAS'ing (peeing on a stick) this morning out of curiosity and it was positive grin I've promised myself I won't do it anymore and just wait until the BETA test to conclusively confirm it. But what a great feeling I had when i saw the positive sign on the digital test.

You guys are the best support group a girl could ask for.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Pelycan: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2011
^^ The testimonies have begun. It is well with you and your family. smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oluite(f): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
pslm23:

Wow!! To say I am overwhelmed by the support and encouragement I've received here since posting my journey would be an understatement. I'm crying because it feels like I have my family all around me supporting me. What a great feeling.
Ok, here's an update. I got for my BETA next Tuesday but i couldn't resist POAS'ing (peeing on a stick) this morning out of curiosity and it was positive grin I've promised myself I won't do it anymore and just wait until the BETA test to conclusively confirm it. But what a great feeling I had when i saw the positive sign on the digital test.

You guys are the best support group a girl could ask for.
Yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeee,it is so.
I am praying for you and am sure many others are.
I was so touched by the depth of your Strength.
You opened your heart to share your inspiring story.
God has done it already,We all celebrate with you.
Please take very good care of yourself during this Journey.
God has taken charge already,enjoy the ride.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by monie(f): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
@pslm23My God,what a couragous girl u are,as the ist test is positive,so shall all others be. if i were u i will start shopping for baby clothes grin, stay blessed girl.and other trying to conceive,it will happen.nothing last forever,this is a passing phase,have that in mind.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tessybaby(f): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
hope you are not working now or doing strainous work
you need to be on bed rest
Those babies need no stress am begging you

looking forward to a daily update and if possible hourly even lol
am already in love with those babies lol
they have come to stay

You are a strong lady my dear
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
Wow this is wonderful news. Congratulations dear. God is indeed great and I pray that all the other mothers in waiting in the house will have their own testimony's too soon IJN
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by favouredjb(f): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
i m tearing up right now reading your story,thank God for the good news,u ll deliver ur children successfully i jesus name

i admire your courage,and the children will be a source of joy to u,love you with the love of God

oyinbos and technology should also be saluted,they used the ideas God gave them well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2011
@ Psalm 23. God will perfect everything that concerns your home in Jesus name. Amen. I wish everyone else including my wife who also is undergoing the IVF process goodnews in Jesus' name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijogbon(m): 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
@ Psalm23

I will reply here because i think i am safe, No other guy around to see me sissy up  grin

Your name is apt.

I couldnt really control it, I am in the office and I am tearing up sooo furiously a male colleague came by, saw my tears and just jejeje walked away. I dont do sissy you see, i dont know what I'll tell him when he comes back to ask if i am better.

I admire you. I am in awe of you, and your husband? I cannot even worship on the ground that man walks.

I just want to pray for all 5 of you: My best psalm is 51 but 23 will do for now. The lord is your strength.

Trust me i have an idea what your Husband is going thru, but I could never imagine what you are,

Please never keep quiet, shout from the roof tops what God is doing in your life, you made me cry, at work, imagine what other Women who want to be you will be moved to do.

Gods strength.

May i suggest 'Gods promise' as one of the triplets names? Please, in Yoruba (which is my tongue) it is 'AdeunOluwa' (excuse the spelling, if you promise to choose it I will promise to find the correct spelling - Deal?),

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^^ and mine is IleriOluwakiiye. Meaning Gods Promise never fails.

Psalm23 you only need one more name now sis  smiley  kiss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by hannydarl(f): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
My dear you are really brave. I had4 miscarriages with before I sought doctors help cos they normally dont do much for you with miscarriages until you've had two or 3. So I went to the gyno and I was told 1 of my tubes was blocked, I had uterine subseptum,and I think some cysts too and a small fibroid. and I was also sent with my hubby to run genetic tests. We were praying that all will be solved before matter of big money treatment arise cos we had no insurance to cover such high cost medicals. As God would have it I got preggers again (note I wasn't having problem conceiving it was keeping the embryo for 9 months that was the problem) Anyways to cut long story short The doctor tried to help us even though it was stupid of us not to have waited to see what the problem was that was causing me to miscarry. She prescribed progesterone injection I think once in 3 days for a week or two then changed it to progesterone tablet one 2x a day for the next 12 weeks.
With prayers fear and hope I carried my first born till 40weeks and 3 days and had him through CS he was 4.2kg.
Now I recently had a baby girl I also was placed on progesterone she was born at 39 weeks 5 days a healthy 3.9kg

I wish you all TTCers good luck and I hope you have 2wns and 3plets at once.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
I could have done this thing for you here without injection or side effects, simple thing that I have done for several women is what you are spending all that money on,  angry Why didnt you consult me first before going to Oyinbo doctors?! , lol

Anyways!! My dear I really glad that you are taking the bull by the horn!!  A lot of women in Nigeria who are having similar  issues are running from one church to the other looking for devine intervention that rarely ever comes and in the end most of never get pregnant. I wish you well dear and this thread will be very educational and helpful to those women who may be considering it but are too scared or dont know how to,

I'll stay tuned to this and follow your progress,

Infact, I'll offer a sacrifice on your behalf for the gods to grant you favour in your endeavour,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (421) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.