Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,995 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:10 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1265334 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lateralmaths(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
https://olivemums./2015/09/30/the-idahosas-journey-to-parenthood/

During the first year of our marriage, pregnancy didn’t
happen like I expected. Subsequently, I convinced my
husband to go with me for a fertility check-up. He
thought it was silly because he was so sure that we’d
have our kids. Eventually, just to pacify me, we went for
the check-up.
To our surprise, they did all the testing and came back
to us with tormenting news. They told us that both he
and I had very serious fertility issues and that we would
never be able to have a child without In-Vitro
Fertilization (IVF). The Doctor looked at us both in our
eyes and told us that we are 99.9% infertile.
My world felt like it crashed down on me. It was a
journey I never expected to undergo. My husband on the
other hand had steadfast faith and kept reassuring me,
saying, “We will have our children! God promised it, He
will do it!”
Following the logical path of thinking, we decided to
embark on the journey of IVF. The next year, we
gathered our money together from some investments we
made before marriage and went for our first treatment.
After $25,000, injections, surgery and so many stories
that ought not to be told, we did our first embryo
transfer. 2 weeks later, so full of hope, we went back to
see if we were pregnant and my world crashed again; it
didn’t work...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamacajah: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2015
Lateralmaths:
https://olivemums./2015/09/30/the-idahosas-journey-to-parenthood/ ...
@lateralmaths, thanks for this link. I know the couple in question but I didn't have a full information of their journey. Wow. Isn't our GOD awesome. grin kiss.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Quincygirl: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2015
GOD is faithful and there is always a prove that HE alone is worthy to be Praised and seek our desires. Here is another inspiring IVF story. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2eAuPDOpBs8
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyEsther: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
mamacajah:

Morning @Godmercy2015, what exactly have you done? what was the results of the investigative test you did? That would determine which supplements to take.

I also did what you are trying to do now, to prepare my body physicaly for a 2nd IVF when I conceived naturally by GOD's grace last year. I had researched and read a lot of things here, on the ttc thread, weight loss thread and the alternative to ttc threads on the need to prepare myself before starting the IVF cycle . Truth is only a few centres in Nigeria would tell you to embark on this body preparation process, most would deceive you to start as soon as possible, as a trial and error case. If you are amongst the few .001% to get a BFP on your 1st or 2nd trial, you are very fortunate. Most people get theirs after several trials.

Meanwhile I learnt one key information that it takes the body 3 months to produce a good egg/sperm, so ideally one should prepare themselves 3 - 6 months before embarking on any cycle. But we all are so impatient to get the result immediately. Yet in the long run, its when we meet this time target that most of us get our solution(ironic ?) after spending so much time and money. It is well. We can only improve from our past mistakes and move forward towards our goals. Don't mind me, I am just reminiscing on my 12 year journey to hold my baby girl in my arms. wink

Becos I was diagnosed of ovarian failure due to low AMH, hormonal imbalance, I took ACV (apple cider vinegar with braggs), Fertlitea daily from AF to O, took grape juice in the mornings for the week of O, did castor oil massage from after AF to O (only did it 2ice), took Vit E, royal jelly 3-in-1 combo (royal jelly, bee pollen, bee propolis), DHEA and folic acid. changed my diet, stop eating sugary things like sweets, chocolate, cake, biscuits.. anything processed and sweet. Reduced my rice intake, switched to beans, ugwu, titus fish, chicken(boiled), quaker oats in the morning with boiled broccoli/apple, did lots of fruit juice (watermelon, carrot, apple, cucumber, cabbage), tigernut milk, changed my cooking oil to less cholestrol (wesson) and if i had to use oil, just very very little. Stopped drinking cold water, switched to warm or room temperature water. Gave my hubby tomatoes juice (blended 2 big ripe tomatoes) every day with his meal in the evening along with the varied fruit juice I did every two days. Men I spent money on fruits, no bi small..lol. I also did the water therapy thing ( drinking lots of water in the morning, during the day and at night) and exercise (walking for a minimum of 40 mins twice a week / using the staircase at work). I believed all these things contributed to my success story. Most importantly I spent time praying and working on my faith.

Wish you the best and that you also come out with your testimony.

@Mamacajah: Please how many months did you stay on the above protocol? Thanks for your contributions, I await your response.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamacajah: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
MummyEsther:

@Mamacajah: Please how many months did you stay on the above protocol? Thanks for your contributions, I await your response.
for the diet about 3 months and the supplements 2 months. my sister I strongly believe prayers faith and a determination to hold on to GOD made this work.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
olubankemi:
Hello all. I don't know where and how to begin. I was supposed to see my period yesterday and when I went to the loo I wiped and saw brown blood, this is what normally begin with my period so I was like it's here again I don't bother using any thing cos I was in the office and was close to closing time.

I got home and nothing, before I slept I put something in there so that I won't wet the bed, behold I woke up dry, this is never in my life the case.

On my way today I just decided to buy 50 50 naira pregnancy test and behold...... It was showing positive, I doubted and used the second one, still came positive. Though faint sha.

Help me Thank God oo.

Congratulations Olubanke. I am very happy for you. May your be permanent.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyEsther: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2015
@mamacajah: Thanks a lot for your response. So one can get result from 2months of dhea? God bless you Sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamacajah: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
MummyEsther:
@mamacajah: Thanks a lot for your response. So one can get result from 2months of dhea? God bless you Sis.
my sister we serve a God who changes protocols ad makes nonsense of medical prognosis. Ideally improvements as I read takes 3 to 6 months (Google treating low amh levels with dhea for more information). While holding on the fact that what works for one quickly might work for another in a slower pace the most important factor there is that it works. Please remember above all these drugs we take, our prayers and faith supercedes all things. It is well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
Moyinoluwa83:

Congratulations Olubanke. I am very happy for you. May your be permanent.

You are a darling. Thanks for logging in to wish me well.

How is your boy?

It's been a while.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by thermolady: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Quincygirl:
GOD is faithful and there is always a prove that HE alone is worthy to be Praised and seek our desires. Here is another inspiring IVF story. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2eAuPDOpBs8

Good evening house, my own ivf story is still unfolding but I would like to appreciate a listening Nigerian IVF Doctor:

I’m a ‘ work in progress,’ an ‘alumnus’ of 4 different IVF clinics and currently at my 5th, which I’m hoping and praying, is my last & successful ‘bus stop!' Having been ‘bitten’ in recent times during my long infertility journey as a result of going along with cycles that ought to have been cancelled before embryo transfer, I - now very ‘shy’, some days ago, decided just before the transfer, not to go ahead with it, and my sympathetic doctor willingly agreed to this cancellation & to start the cycle over, despite unforeseen costs to him that this entails.
In a clime where usually, the only reason deemed sufficient to stop/shelve a scheduled transfer is embryo death, threat to life or an act of God, this cancellation is particularly appreciated. Dr. Emeka, if you’re reading this, I’m saying ‘thank you.’ May your good work continue to speak for you. [Your ‘thermo’ patient]

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulme(f): 1:02am On Oct 05, 2015
Hello Fruitful Women. I am new here. Pls can anyone recommend a hospital where i can do IUI in Abuja. Also, about how much do you think i should have for all the procedure? All responses would be well appreciated. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
Am currently using regenesis .. Well so far they are good. Pls I will like to hear success stories from anyone who has used the hospital. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
sofruitful:
Am currently using regenesis .. Well so far they are good. Pls I will like to hear success stories from anyone who has used the hospital. Thanks

sofruitful, I used them for my 3rd ivf cycle and I must say I was not disappointed. I tried two other clinics for my first two but they were more expensive and I had bfns in both.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 07, 2015
Thank you at faithful wife.. Congrats on your babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
My very own family. Thank God for his goodness towards us all. The good lord blessed us with the gift of a son on the 6th of October. We can't thank him enough. Just to remind us that he is still in the business of doing wondrous things in the life of his pple. This miracle will definitely go round.

20 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Congratulations beauty4ashes, thank God for safe delivery and may your son bring joy to your home.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
oluwashindara01:
tnks I wldnt mind hearing from her, I noticed some couple of things dat got me thinking as well,I come and they start looking for ur file for several minutes, d workers re too layed back, even d doc himself,no good customer relationship, plus it looks sooo tribalistic just igbo staff.but true be told I hear they have good success rate and it also quite affordable.
Sorry for the late response. She has replied.
@itissettled3 thanks for speaking out
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 8:19am On Oct 09, 2015
@ Lady Guinvere how are u,been trying to get in touch with u tried sending u a PM but not sure it's been delivered,noticed u talked abt PGD in previous posts.Have you heard of genesis genetics?They have der HQ in USA but a branch in SA now and they are reasonable depending on what you are testing for
All the best
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oluwashindara01: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry for the late response. She has replied.
@itissettled3 thanks for speaking out
my sister tnks I read her post.... Pls does anybody have success stories frm st ives...though I did one iui with dem but no bfp... Am thinking of going back dere ni o...abi bawo? Kinda really confused.ttc is gulping too much money frm us its not even funny anymore!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
tanidabi:
@ Lady Guinvere how are u,been trying to get in touch with u tried sending u a PM but not sure it's been delivered,noticed u talked abt PGD in previous posts.Have you heard of genesis genetics?They have der HQ in USA but a branch in SA now and they are reasonable depending on what you are testing for
All the best
Yup. I believe they work in conjunction with MART and did my ist pgd.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
@ beauty ashes congratulations. ....may ur baby continue to flourish n blossom.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sanrima(f): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
@ beauty4ashes, congratulations. Oh what a mighty God we serve. May he continually be a source of joy and blessings to your family.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
olubankemi:

You are a darling. Thanks for logging in to wish me well.

Ur testimoni almost brot tears 2 my eyes. Going down memory lane, I rememba d depressing post u once posted, den the alligator pepper recipe, & den d funny squatting position u assume afta miting wit dh.....hmmm, The Lord has indeed turned around ur captivity. Congratulations my dear!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
2 all mummies, I greet u. Am glad 2b bak on bod. I really enjoyed going tru previous post esp d ones on Regenesis which really got me cracking. I cudn't stop laughing esp on ds one.....

sugah:

Cons: Very unprofessional. The 3 ground staff are more concerned about watching TV or talking loudly on the phone on personal calls with igbo.

Do not believe their SFA....do a SFA in some other reputable lab and take the results there.

Lols grin grin

4d belliful mumies @Princess, Congrats. @Beauti4ashes; blisful 9mnths
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
mamacajah:

.....Even the fibroids were not visible on the scan. I did the laparscopy twice, first to flush open the tube, didn't work so doctor proposed doing the myometomy to remove what he suspected would be fibroids even though unseen and thats what happened. infact it was the fibroids that were blocking entrance to my tubes (both of them).

Ur post really is an eye opener. A doctor once told me dat sometimes scan mite not give a true picture of d size of a fibroid til u're opened up.
Pls if I may ask, wer did u do the Myomectomy?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:36am On Oct 10, 2015
Chai! Olubankemi! But it ended in praise! Now the thing de funny u. Na so bible talk am...they were like them that dream oo!
Congratulations! Your. Joy will everly be full. The good Lord. Will. Complere. His . Good . Work! Biko sleep away! cheesy

Beauty4ashes. I once said your name will speak for u. Thank God it has come to pass!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
olubankemi:

..... I was even ready for hubby to hold my legs up while I stand on my head but he said I must be stupid to think of that.....

Lols my ribs ooooooooo!grin grin grin hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Babe, u're a Comedian in ur own way.
Ds really got me cracking, as in standing on ur head.
Am just trying 2 picture d scenerio cheesy

BTW, ds grandmother recipe u used. Wats it about? Am intrested o cheesy cheesy
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
@beauty4ashes congrats and may he continue to be source of joy to your home. He'll have brothers and sisters as well. @olubankemi lol.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
Have sent you a pm Annibro
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by purpose100(f): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
Kindly send the book Supernatural childbirth to me.
Email: jamesirene59 @gmail.com.
Thanks a bunch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (420) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Babiee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.