Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275606 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by comfortina: 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
hello everyone, just seeing this thread, please can anyone tell me how many follicles is too few for ivf day 6 of stimulation. i just did my scan and it was only 5

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
comfortina:
hello everyone, just seeing this thread, please can anyone tell me how many follicles is too few for ivf day 6 of stimulation. i just did my scan and it was only 5
My love! My sister. I can quote medicine to u. I Can also give u testimonies.
By Medicine and statistics, the more follies the higher chances of success.
By testimony, I have heard of a lady with 4 harvested eggs and she had twins.
That said, are you on agonist or long protocol? How old are you? How many follies did they see at baseline scan? Those are the factors u consider. Agonist protocol usually produces less eggs.
Has your doctor upped your dosage? U do know some people are slow responders? Some people start off slow and catch up do calm down , be still and allow God do His thing.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lyne456: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
pls can you help me by sentinel supernatural childbirth ebook? thanks. this my email evelynedison@ymail.com.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lyne456: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
[quote author=dabgr post=34745800]@ lynsunny & tuns10
Supernatural childbirth sent [/qpls.
can you help me by sending me supernatural childbirth ebook? thanks. this my email evelynedison@ymail.comuote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iamfruitful04: 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hello everyone,olubankemi how u dey and hope morning sickness no dey show u o lol. Pls I sent u mail. Kindly check and reply. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Wokeyim(f): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Pmama:

Thanks you so much you and peace5050 for your enlightenment, you really got me thinking.

@Gimnaeto I am so sorry, this is really scarry but what will one do, take heart God will still show himself faithfull in your case.

Hello Pmama. I guess your baby must be all grown up by now. I sent you a pm, please respond. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
anybody doing ivf in georges lekki?
are u assigned to 1 doc, or u meet any doc available during the course of ur treatment
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by phummy1821: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello ManchyBabe, hope you are doing fine. I sent you a PM, please reply I want to make enquiries about Jilla. Thanks.
ManchyBabe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy, India is something else, Nigeria is Las Vegas compared to India, the hospital has 2 branches, one in Mumbai and the other is in a smaller city called (Aurangabad) it's a 50min flight time from Mumbai.

I used the smaller city branch because that's what my Doctor here choose, but if I had my way Mumbai would have been better, but the catch is the Dr. (Jilla) lives in the smaller city branch and Accommodation was free, my Doctor felt being closer to the Dr was better too.

The $1,200 is just drugs but it can be wayyyyy lower or higher depending on the patient, while hospital bill was $3,000 totaling $4,200.
It might be lower or higher depending on each patient.

India is known as the medical destination worldwide and I saw that from the procedure I had, with God on our side.

I had to travel to the US 5 days after the procedure so as to be with my Mum for proper care and rest, which made me use hospitals in the US for my first antenatal and sincerely I will choose Indian Doctors over American Doctors hands down as the Indian docs know their onions.

But in all God makes the final decision. I know every mother on this thread shall get their BFP soonest.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ibari(f): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello e-mums

I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and my doctor recommended ovaboost, cac-c (vit c and folic acid and also adviced me to loose some weights. Mamas please in addition to these drugs what oda supplements can you recommend?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
@all, Pls who knows where I can do IUI that is cheaper in portharcourt. atleast 50-70k I called the bridge clinic and I was told 150k. My husband has refused doing IUI cos he believes he is African. uniport is cheaper atleadt 50k but it's far from Woji like 1hour+. All the fluid will just die before I get there.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ManchyBabe: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
phummy1821:
Hello ManchyBabe, hope you are doing fine. I sent you a PM, please reply I want to make enquiries about Jilla. Thanks.

Hi phummy1821,

Am sorry for the late response. I didn't get any message from you. If its something you can ask here, i would gladly reply.

Do let me know.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 6:47am On Nov 25, 2015
cionon:
@all, Pls who knows where I can do IUI that is cheaper in portharcourt. atleast 50-70k I called the bridge clinic and I was told 150k. My husband has refused doing IUI cos he believes he is African. uniport is cheaper atleadt 50k but it's far from Woji like 1hour+. All the fluid will just die before I get there.

try save a life clinic or hope valley...its btw gra jxn and stadium rd.
even at that with woji usual traffic.....u might not get there in time.....its best he tries to produce the fluid there, e dey hard i swear!!! grin....some hospitals dont hv a good n condusive rm for that, 1 hospital i tried...the smell rm wch doubles up as injection rm just made my kini shrink grin.
had to abort n go home to produce, [not in ph though]

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2015
RipVanWink:

even at that with woji usual traffic.....u might not get there in time.....its best he tries to produce the fluid there, e dey hard i swear!!! grin....some hospitals dont hv a good n condusive rm for that, 1 hospital i tried...the smell rm wch doubles up as injection rm just made my kini shrink grin.

cheesy@ ur expeeience. Tnx for ur suggestion. but he won't go there o. But i am trying to trick him on the grounds that I am testing for infection and do my iui jejely without much talks and disagreement. grin I will look into hope valley n save a life should be expensive I guess.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2015
cionon:
Send me a pm
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by phummy1821: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2015
I am considering using Jilla infact I have contacted them, I just want your honest opinion on their professionalism, safety of the town (I also intend using the Aurangabad center) and other things you feel its necessary to know before embarking on the journey from Nigeria. Thanks
ManchyBabe:

Hi phummy1821,

Am sorry for the late response. I didn't get any message from you. If its something you can ask here, i would gladly reply.

Do let me know.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 25, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Send me a pm

I have sent u a pm. Tnx
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ibari(f): 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello e-mums

I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and my doctor recommended ova boost, ca-c vit c and folic acid and also adviced me to loose some weights. Mamas please in addition to these drugs what oda supplements can you recommend?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Coq10 is Good. DHEA too but don't take DHEA if you have PCOS.

Ibari:
Hello e-mums

I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and my doctor recommended ova boost, ca-c vit c and folic acid and also adviced me to loose some weights. Mamas please in addition to these drugs what oda supplements can you recommend?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ManchyBabe: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
phummy1821:
I am considering using Jilla infact I have contacted them, I just want your honest opinion on their professionalism, safety of the town (I also intend using the Aurangabad center) and other things you feel its necessary to know before embarking on the journey from Nigeria. Thanks

Hi,

Alright, regarding their professionalism they know their onions (good at what they do), the Dr. Jilla is also very patient, but it's India so pls don't expect anything fancy. I expected way too much, I.e wifi, etc, but it's just basic accommodation & all.

On safety, India is known for high RAPE cases, so I was very very paranoid and didn't go out at all, there is a Driver you can call to help get your meals or call the food companies for delivery. Eating in India was a nightmare, esp for someone who isn't adventurous with food, but you might like it. I survived mainly on Domino Pizza & KFC all through, to think I was meant to be eating healthy!

All in all you will survive it, trust me. It might not be as scary as I have painted it but all I gave written is the worst case scenario.

If you require any further info or need to send me an email, kindly let me know.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by phummy1821: 7:52am On Nov 26, 2015
Thank you so much. I will let you know if I need anything else. For now I want to get all the required investigation done and process the visa.
ManchyBabe:

Hi,

Alright, regarding their professionalism they know their onions (good at what they do), the Dr. Jilla is also very patient, but it's India so pls don't expect anything fancy. I expected way too much, I.e wifi, etc, but it's just basic accommodation & all.

On safety, India is known for high RAPE cases, so I was very very paranoid and didn't go out at all, there is a Driver you can call to help get your meals or call the food companies for delivery. Eating in India was a nightmare, esp for someone who isn't adventurous with food, but you might like it. I survived mainly on Domino Pizza & KFC all through, to think I was meant to be eating healthy!

All in all you will survive it, trust me. It might not be as scary as I have painted it but all I gave written is the worst case scenario.

If you require any further info or need to send me an email, kindly let me know.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by seunkeji5(f): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2015
: NAIRALANDERS, LIGHT ND HER MUM ARE OFF TO INDIA FOR THE SURGERY.MORE OF YR KIND WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED WE STILL NEED 800K TO COMPLETE THE MEDICAL BILL CLICk http:// www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great- fighter/49
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ibari(f): 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Itissettled3
Coq10 is Good. DHEA too but don't take DHEA if you have PCOS.

THANK YOU I APPRECIATE.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by comfortina: 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

My love! My sister. I can quote medicine to u. I Can also give u testimonies.
By Medicine and statistics, the more follies the higher chances of success.
By testimony, I have heard of a lady with 4 harvested eggs and she had twins.
That said, are you on agonist or long protocol? How old are you? How many follies did they see at baseline scan? Those are the factors u consider. Agonist protocol usually produces less eggs.
Has your doctor upped your dosage? U do know some people are slow responders? Some people start off slow and catch up do calm down , be still and allow God do His thing.

Thanks for your response. Though I eventually cancelled to start again. Drs and their advice. Hoping for better results this time.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
comfortina:

Thanks for your response. Though I eventually cancelled to start again. Drs and their advice. Hoping for better results this time.
I'm sorry love. Tell the doctor to try long protocol
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Favouredmom(f): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fumbaby: 7:14am On Dec 03, 2015
RipVanWink:

LMAO..... Long time you have been absent from TTC thread

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chiclasweet: 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good evening wonderful mummies (and daddys) on this thread. i just started an IVF cycle after 2 previous failed IUI cycles this year. I ve been placed on a 10 day 3HMG/ Buser treatment before the egg retrieval, really trusting God for the best. However i just saw after going thro some previous posts that there is a Day 3/ Day 5 embryo transfer. My plan says 3. pls is it okay, is day 5 better, do i need to suggest a change to my Dr.
Thanks for the anticipated clarification.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uniwise: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Kingdom of Royal Priest Ministry (a non denomination kingdom gospel movement) presents: BE FRUITFUL!

(No more barrenness, miscarriages, or death during child birth)

Tell someone about this important outreach meeting and save a soul. More especially those expecting the fruit of the womb.

Time: 5pm propt
Date: Today, Friday 4th, December.
Venue: Hilltop Guest House, off NIA Senior Staff Karu Abuja, FCT.

Ministering: Apostle Austin C. Degreat

For more information call: 08176825323, 08123737420
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
The Redeemed Christian Church of God cordially invites you to her annual Holy Ghost Congress From 7th to 12th December at the Redemption camp Lagos/Ibadan Expressway.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
chiclasweet:
Good evening wonderful mummies (and daddys) on this thread. i just started an IVF cycle after 2 previous failed IUI cycles this year. I ve been placed on a 10 day 3HMG/ Buser treatment before the egg retrieval, really trusting God for the best. However i just saw after going thro some previous posts that there is a Day 3/ Day 5 embryo transfer. My plan says 3. pls is it okay, is day 5 better, do i need to suggest a change to my Dr.
Thanks for the anticipated clarification.
Both have their pros and cons. By day 5 , some embies arrest and stop growing so some people prefer it cos its believed the stronger ones have made it to day 5, hence should have a higher chance of implanting.
Day 3 is good where one has few embies. And can't take the risk of waiting for day 5. Some people have had success with day 3.
You (and and all future readers) should always discuss with your doctor and ask him why he's following a particular protocol. They have a lotta patients and if left unchecked they stop giving the Personalised care we need.
Me de disturb my doctors werr well o! I de even go with notes of my questions aftall no be free them de treat me. cheesy
Good luck and God's grace dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 8:48am On Dec 08, 2015
When my pastor announced that last Sunday was thanksgiving I was NOT EXCITED. I thought to myself, what is there to be thankful for when the one thing I have  continuously begged God for he is yet to do it.  I was bitter and then like a gentle breeze the Holy Spirit reminded me of the many times I have travelled on the road and I have not been hurt.  I was reminded of the free air I take in everyday. I was reminded I am not in the hospital battling a kidney/liver disease  neither is my husband.  When those thoughts came,  I immediately repented.

Only the living can bear children. What is the victory for a woman who has waited for years to have children and then gets pregnant only to die from the travails of Labour/Child delivery?

Are you like me?  Are you unhappy and saying oh 2015 is almost over?  Are you asking when your quiver will be full?  Are you wondering when you will stop shedding tears at every child dedication in church and everytime your period comes?  Wondering when you will stop looking at pregnant women and wishing the baby will transfer to yours  (lol, I do that a lot )

STOP!!!!! It is not over.  God 's promises are YEA and AMEN. He is not man that he should lie.  Whatever he has said MUST SURELY come to pass.  He said we are NOT barren! Not BARREN!  No exception.  2015 is not over and even if it is,  God's promises are not limited to 2015. We will testify.  We are testifying.  We are victorious.

You weep because your period just came?  Hahaha!  Yours beloved sister writing this didn't see her period one time for 2 years.  Weep not,  be joyful because the period stands for another opportunity to try again.  That period you cry over is another woman's miracle.

Inviting you all for the Redeem Christian Church of God  Congress with theme " THE Flood gate of heaven" starting today 7th December to 12th December. 
Venue: THE Arena, Lagos Ibadan Expressway. 
Be there. Miracles happen everyday

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.