Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1274721 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chigirl45: 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
chiclasweet:
Morning mothers on this thread. I just had an experience and don't even know what to me of it.
Been ttc for 5 years. I ve had 2 failed IUI. And in Dec last yr went on IVF. 8 eggs were retrieved out which 6 were okay. My doctor suggested we transfer 3 embryo cos of my history of blights ovum (it has happened twice), and freeze 3.
I had my ET on day 3. Dh and I got summoned by the dr only for him to tell us that the lab guy loaded the 6 embryos and not 3. We were in a state of shock.
1. What if all the 6 sticks?
2. What if it fails, we ve no frozen embryo, hence no plan B.
But as God would ve it, after going thro the torturous 2 weeks wait, I tested and it's BFN.
I am working with the mindset that God rules all and it's probably isn't time yet.
I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow. We ll like to still try out ivf again.
I M confused. Do we still use this hospital. (We were 8 on this ivf cycle, 5 bfp and 3 bfn as informed by a friend there). Just painful I M not on of the bfp, though can't imagine 5 or 6 embryo sticking.
Should I ask for a discount?
#feelingthankful, but confused
hmmmm....that was so unprofessional of them,they may be lying to you that they transferd all of the 6 embies and it's also possible they never transferd anything...how come of the 6,none sticked.Biko I would advice you change hospital,IVF is expensive and so should be done using the best hands not some amateur doctors.Which hospital is this?let's know the name of the hospital,one or two people here may have used them...so you could get advice my dear

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by hope43: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
ifax:

Dan musa road. Oriapata
tnx I went to pathcare in constitution road
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
chiclasweet:
Morning mothers on this thread. I just had an experience and don't even know what to me of it.
Been ttc for 5 years. I ve had 2 failed IUI. And in Dec last yr went on IVF. 8 eggs were retrieved out which 6 were okay. My doctor suggested we transfer 3 embryo cos of my history of blights ovum (it has happened twice), and freeze 3.
I had my ET on day 3. Dh and I got summoned by the dr only for him to tell us that the lab guy loaded the 6 embryos and not 3. We were in a state of shock.
But as God would ve it, after going thro the torturous 2 weeks wait, I tested and it's BFN.
I am working with the mindset that God rules all and it's probably isn't time yet.
I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow. We ll like to still try out ivf again.
I M confused. Do we still use this hospital. (We were 8 on this ivf cycle, 5 bfp and 3 bfn as informed by a friend there). Just painful I M not on of the bfp, though can't imagine 5 or 6 embryo sticking.

naaah this is raising red flags on so many levels!!!.

wch kind mumu sory be that?...that the lab guy transferred 6 embies instad of 3??!!..
babe, flee sharp sharp from that place......thats gross negligence n incompetence.......ie even if their story is true...pls look for another place....cud u state the name of the place or maybe the ist 3 characters if u dont want to write the name in full

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:01am On Jan 08, 2016
chiclasweet:

Well,If the success rate u confirmed is genuine then their success rate is high.most ivf hospital tell u their success rate is 39/42%.then after a failed cycle they give discount.its normal. How was their reception? Where they professional? Though a grievous mistake on their path but I respect their decision for telling u. What if they didn't tell u?
You can take some time to find out about their past patients n know if such usually occur.
Above all ask God for direction.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
napa:
Good morning all, does anyone have a recent iui success story. I'm thinking of going that way but not sure of the hospital to use. I did ivf early 2015 but bfn. I'm so confused at the moment. I need a good hospital that can guide me. Please assist a sister.

Several hospitals have been suggested if you have gone thru this this tread. If you reside in Lagos you might want to try Bridge or Olive branch
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
chiclasweet:

Review the success rate of this hospital (are they professional, quality of equipment, doctors), go thru this tread from the very first post. I'm sure you will be better prepared for the next cycle, and yes, if you still decide to use them, ask for a discount. Most of them offer on subsequent attempts
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by opiscolo: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
I declare no more losses to all fruitful mamas in Jesus name. Doors of plentiful testimonies are opened.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulmother(f): 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
famouschildren:

Hi Joyful Mum, same thing happened to me during my last Ivf procedure in Sept. i did blood test after 15 days of transfer and came out negative. called the Nurse and she asked for Urine test which was Positive though very faint. Anything can happen my dear. though, i lost the preg at 8weeks+ (i think i have a very low hcg). Be encourage in the Lord pls, any result u get, be thankful to God. it is well with u Dear.

Thanks all. I did a repeat test that was negative n d cyclogest, E2V and Folic acjd was withdrawn. A day after, my menses came though unusually painful and with lots of clots. Up till now, my breasts still feel slightly sore.
What supplements does one really need for enhancing implantation?
And is baby aspirin only needed after d transfer. I heard it helps with d flow of blood to d uterus?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sugah: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
I feel compelled to share this here..it might help someone else too.
http://www.ivfserum.com/infection-screening/
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
Joyfulmother:

Thanks all. I did a repeat test that was negative n d cyclogest, E2V and Folic acjd was withdrawn. A day after, my menses came though unusually painful and with lots of clots. Up till now, my breasts still feel slightly sore.
What supplements does one really need for enhancing implantation?
And is baby aspirin only needed after d transfer. I heard it helps with d flow of blood to d uterus?

Aspirin is a blood thinner and improves blood flow, and some clinics prescribe it to women with implantation/recurrent miscarriage issues. No harm in trying. Pineapple core and brazil nuts are good. Cut down on dairy as too much dairy can prevent implantation, load up on vitamin D, establish a health weight, consider a DHEA supplement and get your hubby started on a healthy lifestyle.

If you read thru the tread, u will get loads of valuable info. When going for IVF its better you prepare your body for at least three months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
opiscolo:
I declare no more losses to all fruitful mamas in Jesus name. Doors of plentiful testimonies are opened.

Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
Does any one know where to get Preginitude(inofolic) in Lagos?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
wholesomegrace:
question 1: can someone help with Dr Smith's phone number? I have his email and will send him a mail, but speaking to him will be faster for me.

Thanks. Lets revive this thread.

I am sure there are a lot of people out there looking for solutions

Where are all the former active members of this tread oooooooo

Everybody have run commot? Please make una come back
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2016
wholesomegrace:
Does any one know where to get Preginitude(inofolic) in Lagos?

U can get from jumia or konga

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
Happy New year Mamas and I trust everyone is doing great. Please how do I totally get tid of repeated yeast infection. I've used antibiotics but it just keeps coming back...baby dust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
beauty4ashes:
Happy New year Mamas and I trust everyone is doing great. Please how do I totally get tid of repeated yeast infection. I've used antibiotics but it just keeps coming back...baby dust to us all.

I googled this:

Recurrent implies that you are able to effectively treat a certain infection or condition, but that it's likely to return. With recurrent yeast infections, it is a good idea to have a culture of the yeast done to figure out what strain of yeast you have. There are strains of yeast that do not respond to the usual antifungal creams. If this is the case, your health care provider may be able to prescribe a more appropriate medication.

The following tips may help keep you balanced and decrease your risk of acquiring a yeast infection:

Avoid overusing antibiotics. Prolonged and overly aggressive use of antibiotics can kill the good bacteria that live inside of the vagina, leading to the overgrowth of yeast.
Stay away from spermicidal creams and jellies, which alter the vaginal flora and increasing the adhesion of organisms that can cause yeast infections.
Avoid douching and using scented tampons, pads, or other feminine hygiene sprays. Chemicals in these products can be irritate the skin and mucous membranes, and change the natural pH balance of the vagina.
Wear cotton underwear and loose fitting pants, skirts, and/or pantyhose — this leaves more room for ventilation.
Change out of wet clothes such as swimwear and exercise clothes as soon as possible.
It sounds like your situation calls for a more thorough investigation. An accurate diagnosis may make it easier to treat your symptoms and steer clear of frequent infections. Consider getting a second opinion if you are unsatisfied with your current health care provider's recommendations. Here's to staying itch-free!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
beauty4ashes:

Avoid sugary drinks n snacks. Then try herbs
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sugah: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
beauty4ashes:

In addition to what the other mamas has said, also buy and take immune boosting drugs like selACE.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Good evening mama's in the house pls I need an advice. Please can one going in for an IVF take pregnancare before commencing her treatment.?. Please your response are greatly needed thanks house.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:45am On Jan 14, 2016
cindynwagbo:
Good evening mama's in the house pls I need an advice. Please can one going in for an IVF take pregnancare before commencing her treatment.?. Please your response are greatly needed thanks house.
Pregnancare is adviced if you are trying to get pregnany. Natural or ivf
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 7:43am On Jan 14, 2016
cindynwagbo:

You can also add fertility friendly fruits Daily n also great to detox before commencing. Loose weight n belly fat. Then pray like every depends on God. dont see doctors but God in the whole process. Ensure they check for infection, If they don't pls check yourself before stimming. It will end in praise
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmummy: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2016
cindynwagbo:

cindynwagbo , i am currently on pregnacare conception and cycling soon
A lot of people i know that have cycled previously took pregnacare conception.
it seems you are cycling with lily hospital ? i am using them too and my cycle starts this month.
i am very new here everyone. still trying to get used to the forum. May God answer all our prayers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
I have heard so many good things about lily hospital.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmummy: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks a lot wonyi. That is so encouraging. i really pray that God visits us this year and wipe away our tears
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
They are professionals. They encourage u to leave everything to God n they discuss the procedure with you at every stage.
May almighty God grant us our heart desires. Remember water therapy n be positive
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmummy: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
You are such an amazing lady!!! God bless you for the encouragement. i will do my best. Amen!!!! This is our year by God's grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
@ blessedmummy, amen.When less busy browse back n read up, then there are some books like supernatural birth, you shall not be barren n you too shall be fruitful. Copy out the confessions n bible verses. Read it to yourself. Avoid fear n be prayerful
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmummy: 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
ok dearie @wonyi. I will do that . Thanks a lot
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 16, 2016
Yes dear I am.hope to meet you in person God will definitely answer us this year. I have faith in him.
Blessedmummy:

cindynwagbo , i am currently on pregnacare conception and cycling soon
A lot of people i know that have cycled previously took pregnacare conception.
it seems you are cycling with lily hospital ? i am using them too and my cycle starts this month.
i am very new here everyone. still trying to get used to the forum. May God answer all our prayers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 16, 2016
Thanks sis I will do so. Please can u help me with the supernatural birth book if u ve already pls .and what fruits are fertility friendly? Pls help your sis. God bless you.
wonyi:

You can also add fertility friendly fruits Daily n also great to detox before commencing. Loose weight n belly fat. Then pray like every depends on God. dont see doctors but God in the whole process. Ensure they check for infection, If they don't pls check yourself before stimming. It will end in praise
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 16, 2016
Blessedmummy good morning pls can u send me ur email address trying to send a message to you but not going tru.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.