Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1273297 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (421) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Adaugo01(f): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
gud day joyful mothers, pls have anyone used Regenesis fertility clinic for IUI?? pls I need more Info's about dem and their success rate. plz help
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 25, 2016
Good morning everyone, all our efforts will not be in vain in JESUS name. Please are there Banks that offer IVF loans in Nigeria? Please kindly recommend any. Thanks all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 7:15am On Nov 25, 2016
AyaSunday:
Good morning everyone, all our efforts will not be in vain in JESUS name. Please are there Banks that offer IVF loans in Nigeria? Please kindly recommend any. Thanks all
I think Access Bank has such a package. Lasuth and bridge clinic have a partnership which pays low income earners . I hear d package is cheap too. Good luck
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ithope2: 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
Do you have fibroid? Or ovarian cyst? All you need to shrink them is apple cider vinegar(with mother) and organic blackstap molasses(unsulphured). You can check them out on Google to see the testimonies on these products from people all over the world. To order for acv/bsm call/watsapp Segun Brown on 07033934416.

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
tsquaure:
I think Access Bank has such a package. Lasuth and bridge clinic have a partnership which pays low income earners . I hear d package is cheap too. Good luck

Thanks Sis. Will visit Access Bank on Monday
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
Access bank. Ask them for their MHSS loan

AyaSunday:

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Itissettled3:
Access bank. Ask them for their MHSS loan

I really appreciate Sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jesscaxt(f): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
lastguy:
Hello House,

Wife went to hospital(UCH, Ibadan) and was told to the some scan and result. after all was done, we were referred to an Gynaecologist at Gynae clinic but the consultant gave us an appointment(27/12/2016) which is too long. Can someone pls interprete this result to us and what is the solution?

SCAN
---------

L.M.P 25/10/2016

Normal, smooth-walled bladder. No debris
The uterus is bulky/normal sized
Uterus is 37mm AP
44mm TS
82mm LS
Fibrods : mm subserous, intramural fibroids in the ant. & post. wall, body of uterus and also in the fundus
Endometrium is normal
Ovaries : R 47 x 38 x 31mm = 28.8cc
L 41 x 24 x 27mm = 13.8 cc
Normal POD : No fluid collection

DIAGNOSIS : PCOD

TEST
----------

Nature of specimen : HUS, ECS
Investigation required : MCS

Laboratory report
---------------------
Gram (H&E) : Gram Positive cocci
Gram negative bacilli

Wet Prep(HVS) : No Trichomonas vaginalis or yeast cell seen

ECS : Chlamydia trichomatics rapid kit test - negative

Culture(H&E) : No pathogen isolated after 48hrs incubation

I'm no doctor but what I can detect from the above is that the uterus is bulky cos of fibroids but the sizes were not mentioned. The subserousal ones are outside and intramural are within the muscles. Luckily no mention of submucous fibroids which are the ones in the endometrium that can prevent pregnancy. No liquid in pod Pouch of Douglas whicgh is great! The fundus is the top part of the womb but the fibroids located there are inside d wall. I believe the fibroids are of no major concern for ferility that's why it was not mentioned in the conclusive diagnosis. PCOD is polycystic ovarian disease also popularly known as PCOS Polycystic ovarian syndrome. You can google up on that. It's nothing too scary depending on the degree of it. So many women with it still get pregnant and have their children safely.
For the test part I'd say no yeast infection, no chlamydia. Also the gram positive cocci is a bacteria infection either streptococcus or staph which can be treated with antibiotics. I'm not too sure though about this one, I believe you should both see a doctor for the gram positive cocci cos it could be contagious and treat with antibiotics ASAP.
Please don't take every of my words for it just see a general physician as soon as you can. Na condition/research turn me to google doc lmao grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lastguy: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2016
jesscaxt:

I'm no doctor but what I can detect from the above is that the uterus is bulky cos of fibroids but the sizes were not mentioned. The subserousal ones are outside and intramural are within the muscles. Luckily no mention of submucous fibroids which are the ones in the endometrium that can prevent pregnancy. No liquid in pod Pouch of Douglas whicgh is great! The fundus is the top part of the womb but the fibroids located there are inside d wall. I believe the fibroids are of no major concern for ferility that's why it was not mentioned in the conclusive diagnosis. PCOD is polycystic ovarian disease also popularly known as PCOS Polycystic ovarian syndrome. You can google up on that. It's nothing too scary depending on the degree of it. So many women with it still get pregnant and have their children safely.
For the test part I'd say no yeast infection, no chlamydia. Also the gram positive cocci is a bacteria infection either streptococcus or staph which can be treated with antibiotics. I'm not too sure though about this one, I believe you should both see a doctor for the gram positive cocci cos it could be contagious and treat with antibiotics ASAP.
Please don't take every of my words for it just see a general physician as soon as you can. Na condition/research turn me to google doc lmao grin grin

Thanks for making me laugh ds morning especially with your last two paragraph lol

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please do Lagos ivf clinics offer promo at all?

I hear of promos mostly in Abuja and PH.
One clinic named Grabbo in abuja is ending their promo on Wednesday. My main issue is time off work for the IVF and rushing back to Lagos cos I can't get leave from work yet. Moreover, its not wise to do the IVF and start returning to Lagos the next day.

If anyone has any idea of any clinic in Lagos doing promo at the moment, kindly let me know. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by yolemum: 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hey house,please I need help,suffering for severe OHSS 6 days after EC...cant sleep ,so bloated,cant walk straight but hospital say it's normal.i can't hide my Tommy becos I need to resume work in Monday...am on drugs presently paracetamol...any tips on what to do? ET has been done
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by famouschildren: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
yolemum:
Hey house,please I need help,suffering for severe OHSS 6 days after EC...cant sleep ,so bloated,cant walk straight but hospital say it's normal.i can't hide my Tommy becos I need to resume work in Monday...am on drugs presently paracetamol...any tips on what to do? ET has been done
Sorry dear, Ohss is so painful. Start taking Lucozade sport drink not the boost ooo

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
AyaSunday:
Please do Lagos ivf clinics offer promo at all?

I hear of promos mostly in Abuja and PH.
One clinic named Grabbo in abuja is ending their promo on Wednesday. My main issue is time off work for the IVF and rushing back to Lagos cos I can't get leave from work yet. Moreover, its not wise to do the IVF and start returning to Lagos the next day.

If anyone has any idea of any clinic in Lagos doing promo at the moment, kindly let me know. Thanks.

yeah its strange, georges lekki didnt do promo this yr,
lily warri/benin is doing promo to end feb
what of olive branch lekki and nordica....never heard of them doing promo, na so their hand tight? grin grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
yolemum:
OHSS is such a nightmare. They say drink lots of fluid with electrolytes. Gotorade juice will help alot and eat lots of protein too. I can relate to not having any comfortable position to sleep,lie or stand upright,hopefully it subsides soon.
I would advice u freeze all instead of transferring now bc when u get a bfp,OHSS will get worst even if it subsides be4 the transfer. I had the most horrible experience of OHSS and i dont wish it on anyone.My dear dont feel bad or delayed,if u freeze all and transfer in a month or two when there's no chance of getting OHSS the better ,im advising based on personal experience.
Hope u feel good soon. All the best
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by yolemum: 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
@ famouschildren&henmaris... Thanks so much for the responses..but the doctor had to transfer,saying by freezing there's no guarantee the embies wld survive since there were jus 3 left frm 8
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 2:55am On Nov 29, 2016
yolemum:
@ famouschildren&henmaris... Thanks so much for the responses..but the doctor had to transfer,saying by freezing there's no guarantee the embies wld survive since there were jus 3 left frm 8
No wahala, thinking of u. This will end in praise.Good luck mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jesscaxt(f): 4:17am On Nov 29, 2016
lastguy:

Thanks for making me laugh ds morning especially with your last two paragraph lol

Happy Sunday

U're most welcome. Cheers
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godsspeeds: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
AyaSunday:

Access bank give loans for all fertility /women challenges ..though I don't know the details
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:56am On Dec 03, 2016
twintower:
Mamas in the house i have not seen my period after the failed ivf.i have done hpt twice and all is bfn.is it normal.pls someone should advice a sister

Also i want to come to nigeria to see dr Emeka.please can i have the contact number.i am thinking of ivf using donor sperm.please i need advice.Blendy77 please say something

So sorry for d late reply. I hardly visit NL these days due to work pressure. As already advised, its very normal as it takes a while after d very first BFN period for ur body to adjust due to the drugs. But will advice u see ur Dr if it exceeds 2 months.
Meanwhile u can reach Dr Emeka via 08032011536. If he doesn't take ur calls send him an SMS or a WhatsApp message cos he's very busy these days or talk to Rachel
+2348038331179 one of his embryologist.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by metaose: 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
hummm, when someone tells u, that it because u have extra marital affairs that's why u don have children, and when u said no, she said u have extra marital affairs in ur heart! what will u say than to be looking.... and ure just coming from a prayer programme....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
a thought occured to me, though with the kind of mindset we have in this country, am not so sure of the workability of the plan.
its a form of mutual surrogacy for ivf couples....IF NOT NOW, i know in the future people would try such

so couple A and couple B are considering ivf, instead of doing ivf solo, they could team up and do ivf=surrogate for each other, it requires careful planning and timing and Gods favour.

so 2 embryos of couple A +1 embryo of couple B would be transfered to the womb of couple A female, while 2 embryos of couple B+1 nbryo of couple A would be transferred to the womb of couple B female.
this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, ivf+surrogacy,..thus doubling the chance of success.

a simple blood/dna test would be carried out after birth to separate the 3rd baby....legal agreements=hospital docs may have to be signed to forestall greed/disagreements
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
RipVanWink:
a thought occured to me, though with the kind of mindset we have in this country, am not so sure of the workability of the plan.
its a form of mutual surrogacy for ivf couples....IF NOT NOW, i know in the future people would try such

so couple A and couple B are considering ivf, instead of doing ivf solo, they could team up and do ivf=surrogate for each other, it requires careful planning and timing and Gods favour.

so 2 embryos of couple A +1 embryo of couple B would be transfered to the womb of couple A female, while 2 embryos of couple B+1 nbryo of couple A would be transferred to the womb of couple B female.
this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, ivf+surrogacy,..thus doubling the chance of success.

a simple blood/dna test would be carried out after birth to separate the 3rd baby....legal agreements=hospital docs may have to be signed to forestall greed/disagreements

Hmmmm a well planned thought

Point 1.free surrogacy
Point 2.what if couple A didn't achieve conception?
point 3.Based on the fact both couples have one aim,success is high because it's not easy getting a surrogate
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
wonyi:

Hmmmm a well planned thought

Point 1.free surrogacy
Point 2.what if couple A didn't achieve conception?
point 3.Based on the fact both couples have one aim,success is high because it's not easy getting a surrogate

if couple A didnt achive pregnancy, but couple B does, remember 1 embyro of couple A was transferred, along with 2 embryos of couples B to female of couple B, so if couple A fails, but Couple B succeeds, then it is for tests to be done after couple B succesfully delivers to separate the babies, the single couple A's baby will b given to them, while couple B goes home with their 2 babies
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 7:20am On Dec 04, 2016
RipVanWink:

if couple A didnt achive pregnancy, but couple B does, remember 1 embyro of couple A was transferred, along with 2 embryos of couples B to female of couple B, so if couple A fails, but Couple B succeeds, then it is for tests to be done after couple B succesfully delivers to separate the babies, the single couple A's baby will b given to them, while couple B goes home with their 2 babies

But then implanting 3 embryos does it mean getting 3 babies?

ivf is a journey of mercy.

On

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2016
metaose:
hummm, when someone tells u, that it because u have extra marital affairs that's why u don have children, and when u said no, she said u have extra marital affairs in ur heart! what will u say than to be looking.... and ure just coming from a prayer programme....

Lol . Soon it will end
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 10:06am On Dec 04, 2016
wonyi:

But then implanting 3 embryos does it mean getting 3 babies?

ivf is a journey of mercy.

On

Its all Gods favour, some have implanted 3 embryos, and all 3 implanted = 3 babies, some only 1 embryo implanted= 1 baby.
some implanted 2 embryos, the split into 2 again = 4 babies, or only 1 split = 3babies.
the main thing is conducting a test after the babies are born to sort out who has what and how many.
in our case, 3 embryos were implanted,...none implanted angry angry
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
[quote author=RipVanWink post=51620798]

Its all Gods favour, some have implanted 3 embryos, and all 3 implanted = 3 babies, some only 1 embryo implanted= 1 baby.
some implanted 2 embryos, the split into 2 again = 4 babies, or only 1 split = 3babies.
the main thing is conducting a test after the babies are born to sort out who has what and how many.

hmmmmmm
n this whole issue consumes time n money.
my hope every day is that,this will end soon.Others have gotten results n God is still in the business of doing miracles.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamakendra(f): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
@ ripvanwink, what if couple A did not achieve conception and couple B does. But with only couple A's embryo implanted, do you think that after the tests are done, that couple B will give up their only surviving child after years and stress of TTC, without a fight?
The reason people may not consider this approach, may be because of the legal and ethical issues surrounding this very controversial approach.
I will rather adopt and rest, than go through this coller coaster of emotions. My opinion though
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jesscaxt(f): 1:36am On Dec 05, 2016
mamakendra:
@ ripvanwink, what if couple A did not achieve conception and couple B does. But with only couple A's embryo implanted, do you think that after the tests are done, that couple B will give up their only surviving child after years and stress of TTC, without a fight?
The reason people may not consider this approach, may be because of the legal and ethical issues surrounding this very controversial approach.
I will rather adopt and rest, than go through this coller coaster of emotions. My opinion though

I concur. My thoughts exactly. Just imagine that only one embryo clicks in couple B and that's the one that belongs to A. The time B would use to try again, she would use it to be carrying another person's child that she would end up giving away at birth. This approach could turn out more disastrous than trying urself and getting a bfn.
If one can afford a surrogate at the same time trying herself this increases their chances greatly but of course it's more expensive and on the flip side if both surrogate and woman get bfn na double tragedy. God forbid bad thing.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 4:45am On Dec 10, 2016
Hello.
The house appears dull today...guess many mamas are at shiloh.
Pls o..i need help...hv scoured the whole abuja looking for hcg trigger shot.
Ovidrel or pregnyl...hmedix..healthplus ceddi plaza next mall etc...they dont hv.
Pls its very urgent...some 1 tell me where i can buy this
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by crustypearl: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hello,
Pls has anyone tried IUI at Regenesis fertility clinic? What's the cost and success rate?

Pls help a sista. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
Which hmedix did u go to? The one in area 11 has it. And skylark pharmacy in area 11 too (just before Garki market).
mommatriplets:

Hello.
The house appears dull today...guess many mamas are at shiloh.
Pls o..i need help...hv scoured the whole abuja looking for hcg trigger shot.
Ovidrel or pregnyl...hmedix..healthplus ceddi plaza next mall etc...they dont hv.
Pls its very urgent...some 1 tell me where i can buy this

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (421) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.