Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275655 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by goodtidings: 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dear all, havin gone thru all comments frm step 1-21 for the very first time as a reader nd user, I must say dis is a very pleasant,godly n inspiring platform dat encourage n also put hope alive in women/mens' lives regardless of individual challenges on ttc.I neva knew abt dis untill wen I went on research abt 'CLEANSHIELD. An aunt of mine in lag recently told me abt it n encourage I buy n use 10 bottles...infact, I jst got dem (10 bottles) @ 4k each yday evenin nd have started only to stumble on dis channel today nd reading experiences of Attibby nd Blendy77-wat do I do concernin dis? Dilenma? I have bein married for over a year now n no preg....b4 my marriage I visited St-Ives cos of my irregular menses nd had series of test including hsg nd wen result came out, it was blocked tubes nd Dr Tunde proffer IVF-he told me infront of my hubby dat my enemy cannot be pregnant unless ivf-i tot d end has come btw my fiance nd I since it was b4 marriage but he told me he wasn't leavin me dat we in it tgeda. To cut d long story short, I rejected d result nd headed straight to ibadan (uch) I met wiv a doc there whom I used his private clinic for laparascopy. Laparascopy showed dat tubes okay-my sistas n broda..u can imagine d result against st.ives. It was then I began series of test which showed I had high prolactin. Being on Bromergon for almost 7-8 months daily nd lata proven prolactin balance. In between my sojourn from abuja where I reside to lag n ibadan, my menses was irregular but while on bromergon it became stable till lately precisely 3 months now dat I hvnt seen d menses again afta I had gone for prolactin test proven stable/normal. Sistas I am confused ooo..dnt even know wat to do again. I have stopped Ibadan trip because of d distance nd d ungodly character of d doctor. Imagine him(doc) given me appointment and I fly all d way frm abj to ibadan nd only to get there nd he tells me he is not in town or dat come tomorrow wen he was d one dat asked me to leave immediately. On a particuar trip, afta disappointment as usual, I ended up in a church closeby nd cried my eyes out. I work nd live in abuja but haven't really gone to see any doc apart from NISA PREMIER where I did jst test alone for almost 200k? I have read inwangobio piece nd abt FERTIL Aid anyways but prayin my hubby agree dis time to go wiv me cos since he was diagnosed low count, he disagreed cos he once had a baby. Sis I must say m glad I found dis site n I op to share my testimony soon.Lastly....wat do I do to dis Cleanshield abeg? Thank u all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 8:22am On Dec 02, 2012
From all hear and read abt cleanshield, it balances the ph level of the body system. Some pple claim it shrunk their fibriod and cured infection. A frnd of mine used it and got preg, she said itcured her stomach problem, she wasn't specific. I have never used it, my stand is that if ur PH level is normal, taking it may cause more problem than good, I may be wrong. But from all u said, I don't think u need it, and btw 10 bottles are too much! I will say use only 3 bottles and watch if it makes any difference.
Abt the delayed period, did u stop the bromo? I was once there, bromo works as long as u continue using it, when u stop it a kind of reverses. The best treatment of high prolatin from experience is diet rich in B vitmins especially Vit B6. I used vit B6 and ewedu. Rushing to enter church service now, will continue later pls

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2012
I want to share my story to encourage someone! I've been ttc 1 yr+2months. Had ET Dec 1, produced 4 eggs only 1 fertilized grade 2! I'm on 2ww and waiting on God!
The next time I shall post will be my testimony! Baby dust to all of us!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
@goodtidings
I responded to ur post, its just unfortunate it's bn hidden. I don't expect that post to be hidden!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
@ goodtiding, u are welcome to dz unique thread. Your story is touching indeed, but my advise to u is dat you must keep ur trust and faith in God alive, don't give up cos there is no hopeless situation with God. Every one of us here have one story or d other to tell and tru it all we have learnt to trust in God our Lord,who cannot fail. So you are not alone. Your story is semilar to dat of a friend of mine and they have been married for over 11 years now. I have made up my mind travel by next year, so dat i can sit her down and tell her about ivf cos they are not really enlightened and it's not what we can discuss on phone. So pls my dear sister goodtiding can you make ur research about a good ivf centre(hospital), so dat u don't keep wasting time and money. Your disappointment @ ibadan could be God at work, maybe you have read a posts on page 21 by pikinmama,how God delivered her too. Bless u dear, it's well with u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by goodtidings: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
@udoka2....sorri m replyin u a bit late, I jst got d notification now. I really really thank u for ur concern nd advice. Yes ve stopped bromo cos I'v gone to do prolactin test nd it is normal now, reason why I stopped so as not to affect again oo-my period came yday but very very light -i.e jst drippin (don't know if any1 could let me know wat to do) do I still get d Vit b6 since is normal now? pls do let me know @Godiya always...tnx too for care nd @my swit blendy77....(I call u dat cos I ve seen ur tot to all here) tnx I want to try IUI soon. I really have started d Cleanshield-who knows maybe dat wat brought my period but wll not use d 10 as suggested by udoka...I wll stop at 3. Tnx nd wsh us all d very best.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
hiya ladies. just said to holla at evrybody and wish all of us success at our different points in this journey. @abibby, u must be preparn for ur ET by now,or maybe uve gottn it, wateva d case, its well all d way. wishin u the stickiest vibes all d way. @oviasouth, congrats in adv babes, wishn u a successful ER,ET,2ww and motherhood! wink. @subzidi, we await ur testimony, it's well. I'm also still in my 2ww,nearing the end tho.I look 4ward to addn my testimony of God's faithfulness to those of oda beautiful mums on this forum and indeed to the whole world, Amen. Welcome @goodtidings to the forum, I wish u n ur hubby all d very best. tanx @udoka, @blendy77 and all the sisters for trying to answer these questions and for being vessels of encouragement to many here, I personally learn a lot from ur posts and draw a lot of support as well. @pikinmama,u are always a delight to read.God continue to bless u and ur LO and ur family.@joyfulmum, ur name don talk am finish. A joyful mum of many u shall be in Jesus' name. This 2ww eh, na only 2tips I get-Be positive and prayerful, so my dear sis @believer84 told me and it definitely summarises d attitude n actions to put up this 2ww. Following every other doc's orders of course. n all d brothers on here too, along with ur wives u shall smile soonest.Take care folks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
hello everyone beleive we re all doing fine.@damsell dear, actually av tried to send a message very early this morning,but i dont know what that message couldnt submit as i was typing with my phone then,but the msg was so long i find it difficult to retype it,anyway how is ur 2ww going,counting down to ur BFP,cant wait 2 hear the good news my sister.lots of babydust to us all.@oviasouth dear,how ur ET i beleive uve done it by now,i wish u all the best in this 2ww as i also wish every other lady on this thread that re on there cycle,loads of baby dust to us all.
as for me,we av our et on friday,at first the RE dosnt want to do the transfer because of my condition as i was so sick,loss of apetite and vomiting,on that day of the transfer my tommy was like am five month pregg,RE said is due to hyperstimulation and might get worse after transfer so he advise to freeze the embryos till i get better,but i refuse after almost five yrs of marriage,i dont want this yr to run out witout achieving anything,i know is God that gives but i will try my best,so we decided to do the transfer that day,av started feeling alot better since lastnight,i believe i should be fine by next week when i will do the test.wishing us all the best,muahhh.

@goodtidings ure welcome,am sending u lots of babydust,ur story make me remember when i was first diagnose,they told me i av hydrosalphinx so they av to remove my tube if i want to get pregnant with ivf as that is my only option,it was during the surgery they find out is not hydrosalphinx,only a normal blockage,my sister person dey suffer,am happy ur period has started,give it some months more i pray u will get pregg,if not just do as blendy said,go for iui.i wish u all the best dear.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
tnx so much ladies. esp my cycle buddies damsel u r first to end ur wait bfp o by God's grace for all of us. abibby, hope u feel better.
wishing a speedy recovery dear and a resounding success. pikinmama tnx for all ur advice. good tidings, u r welcome. babydust ladies
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
@abibyy, damsell,ovaisouth. am praying for ur embies to stick . pls rest well and eat wel o. some pple cook beans with potash, pls avoid it, i also read somewhere to avoid otazi/uziza leaves.kisses nd hugs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by goodtidings: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Abibby I wish you a sound n speedy recovery sis....tnx 4 ur advice. Thy Lord will perfect dat HE has started in ur life. @ damsell...tnx 4 d praya.. @Ovia South....bo hian ooo tnx. @ evry1..success IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
@ Goodtidings,

Please for Gods sake drop that stuff called clean-shield and anybody who is going for TTc should do so. i am a living testimony, it does nothing than to have rashes and itching all over your body. i saw the advert on the forum here and ordered for 10 bottles from Nigeria alas 2 were taken at the airport in Lagos and the rest which i took could not do nothing as regards to fibroid. My candid advice is don't take any self medication just go and register for any fertility hospital and continue attending only there i bet you with time all things will be fine. Just be patience and consistently be on your knees. For me i was supposed to be in theater on last week Monday for my fibroid surgery but was postponed .To be done on or before xmas . This came as a result on my journey to ivf so after my operation then continue with ivf with the same hospital. so don't complicate yourself just make a research of good ivf center especially st geoerge hospital with Dr Emeka in lagos . I have been communicating with him all procedures am doing i think he is nice. so pls whatever good that worthdoing worth doing nice. you are not alone not only in Nigeria i mean the whole world, not just a problem of old ages including the youths so brace up and smile once.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
People say Apple Cider works for fibriod
NEGOZI: @ Goodtidings,

Please for Gods sake drop that stuff called clean-shield and anybody who is going for TTc should do so. i am a living testimony, it does nothing than to have rashes and itching all over your body. i saw the advert on the forum here and ordered for 10 bottles from Nigeria alas 2 were taken at the airport in Lagos and the rest which i took could not do nothing as regards to fibroid. My candid advice is don't take any self medication just go and register for any fertility hospital and continue attending only there i bet you with time all things will be fine. Just be patience and consistently be on your knees. For me i was supposed to be in theater on last week Monday for my fibroid surgery but was postponed .To be done on or before xmas . This came as a result on my journey to ivf so after my operation then continue with ivf with the same hospital. so don't complicate yourself just make a research of good ivf center especially st geoerge hospital with Dr Emeka in lagos . I have been communicating with him all procedures am doing i think he is nice. so pls whatever good that worthdoing worth doing nice. you are not alone not only in Nigeria i mean the whole world, not just a problem of old ages including the youths so brace up and smile once.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
People say Apple Cider works for fibriod
NEGOZI: @ Goodtidings,

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by goodtidings: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
@NEGOZI......I sincerely appreciate ur advice on Cleanshield nd ur concern. I have pondered over it too nd decides not to use it any longer. I wish you d best during d operation nd afterwards. Baby dust IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
@pikinmama was ur tubes clipped before ivf?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thank you pikinmama.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2012
Pls can any1 help how else to confirm diagnosis on hydrosalphynx other than having hystroscopy and a reliable place to have IVF in Abuja. Thanks. [/b]
[/quote][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][quote author=udoka2]From all hear and read abt cleanshield, it balances the ph level of the body system. Some pple claim it shrunk their fibriod and cured infection. A frnd of mine used it and got preg, she said itcured her stomach problem, she wasn't specific. I have never used it, my stand is that if ur PH level is normal, taking it may cause more problem than good, I may be wrong. But from all u said, I don't think u need it, and btw 10 bottles are too much! I will say use only 3 bottles and watch if it makes any difference.
Abt the delayed period, did u stop the bromo? I was once there, bromo works as long as u continue using it, when u stop it a kind of reverses. The best treatment of high prolatin from experience is diet rich in B vitmins especially Vit B6. I used vit B6 and ewedu. Rushing to enter church service now, will continue later pls
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hello everyone,my cyle buddies hello.afm,did poas dis morning still BFN.loads of babydust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ Abbibyy, its not over till its over. Dont relent since your period hasnt surfaced yet. Keep trusting God. A friend of mine tested negative till about 12weeks. She went for a scan after 8weeks of no flow yet both blood and urine were negative and 2 strong heart beats were seen. I always advise peeps not to give up especially if you"ve not seen AF. All the best. What's up with everyone else on 2ww? We cant wait to celebrate with all of you so dont keep mute now.

@ Ariso, diagnosis of hydrosalpynx can also be detected through laparoscopy and HSG. Although TV scan picks it atimes but not very reliable.

@ Olikili what's up with you and the triplets? Hope you're all good. Pls stop by to say hello once in a while at least just to encourage those of us behind you.

@ Believer how are you and the triplets? Hope they are all kicking wella? Just realized I also followed your posts on the TTC thread. So sorry for the mix up. Hope you're good?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ abibby, its still so early .dont think ur out when is ur official test date?. pls hang on. ve not poas yet but am avin cramps and am just hoping for the best. @ damsell, hw r u?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
@abibby,how many dpt are u? pls be patient dis year will not go by without your bfp, oviasouth nd damsel samegoes 4 you guyz too . we are praying for u.
hmm! i remembered my first ivf when i would poas, closed my eyes praying and sweating but always ended up bfn, anytime i test i was always ful of anxiety nd i guess thats what our body least needed but we cant hold it. can we? oviasouth i admire ur courage not peeinoas.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
thanks ladies,we are 10dp3dt today,i just couldnt hold myself,but atleast it make me prepare for our official test day which is friday as i will be on my way to work,the test is sheduled for 7am.@oviasouth i guess u re a day behind me,that cramp is a good sign,as for me cramp stoped on day 7 and up till now nothing,av resume back to my normal life,what about you,re u still resting?though am taking things alot easy,praying harder now for Gods miracle as i believe nothing is impossible 4 God.wishing us all the best. @damsell dear how re u doing sending lots of babydust to u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hi all its been a while sorry I can't mention names specifically but am praying for all in the 2wks a BFP. Just be prayer full and trust in God the advise I was given then was to avoid spicey food and get lots of rest. As for me we are doing fine babies are still in the incubator lost one of them though we thank God for the two left becos He has kept them and as each day passes they doing better and growing stronger

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.