Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275611 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by rabluk(f): 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
mercifull:
I don't know about Nisa premier but I'm to start cycling with diff next week.So far I think they are very kind and empathetic. I hear they have very good success rates.They are quite expensive though I'm on the SALT programme which is a subsidized IVF programme.it is still on till 31st of december ie the window of hope programme. Scroll through 4 to 5 previous pages you will see the advert.
Nisa is a pioneer in IVF and also has good success rates.

Can we hook up. Cycling with DIFF soon too

Just mail me at

Sayid4life@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by koksy(f): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
I heard Fertil aid is as good as NISA and Diff and they are cheaper!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
hello house, hope someone can help me on making a choice between these 2 hospitals for iui or ivf

1. life medical -- nnewi anambara state . total cost from their website is about 550k/600k
2 lily hospital delta and edo state currently doing promo cost is 650k, normal cost is 1.1m

anybody done either iui or ivf with any of these hospitals, how would you rate them, customer servcie/success rate/technical capability etc

for iui do they wash and select the s,emen before iui?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
lily hospital ivf

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
some information about IUI.

If you’ve researched intrauterine insemination (IUI), you’ve probably know the sperm sample is washed before being delivered to the uterus. You may wonder why this process is conducted. Is the sperm dirty? Does it need to be “clean” to fertilize an egg?

While “sperm washing” may sound strange, it actually increases the chances of fertilization. By using a sample that contains only the strongest, healthiest sperm, you significantly increase your chances of conception. Here’s how it works.

What is Sperm Washing?
Sperm washing separates sperm cells from semen, removes dead or slow-moving sperm, white blood cells, mucous and prostaglandins that may impede fertilization or endanger the woman’s health.

What are Prostaglandins?
Prostaglandins are chemicals found in the body that cause muscle contractions. They are actually responsible for cramps during menstruation and pregnancy. If raw semen that includes prostaglandins is inserted directly into the uterus (instead of first going to the cervix), a woman could experience severe pain and cramping. In some scenarios, raw semen could also cause the uterus to collapse, a severe complication.

How is Sperm Washing Done for Intrauterine Insemination?
After a sperm sample is collected from the male partner, it is subjected to one of three sperm washing techniques.

Simple Sperm Wash
The most basic method involves diluting sperm in a test tube with a solution of antibiotics and protein supplements. The sample is placed in a centrifuge where it is spun at high speed for about 30 minutes. The spinning motion causes the sperm cells to fall to the bottom of the test tube. The result is a mass of highly mobile sperm available for IUI.

Density Gradient Sperm Wash
Density gradient sperm wash takes the process a step further and separates dead cells, white blood cells and other waste products from the sperm. A test is tube filled with several layers of liquids, each with a different density. The semen sample is placed on the top layer, and the test tube is spun in a centrifuge. After spinning, healthy sperm will be collected in the bottom layer of liquid. Dead sperm and other debris will be trapped by the other layers of liquid. The process takes about an hour.

Swim Up Technique
This process ensures only the healthiest, strongest sperm are used in IUI. Semen is placed in a culture dish with a layer of media culture. Sperm are attracted to the culture and will swim up to it. They are collected as they swim up to the culture. To ensure enough sperm are collected for IUI, the process requires about two hours.

Regardless of which technique you select, sperm washing is a vital part of IUI. We’re happy to talk with you further about the process during a consultation.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Noblekids: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
@RipvanWink, quite educative, Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jumi07601: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
Happy New Year Ladies! I am looking for a good acupuncturist in Lagos who has experience doing acupuncture to aid fertility. Any referrals would be welcome. Also, where can I get intralipids in Lagos? Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by FruitfulRay(f): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
RipVanWink:
some information about IUI.

If you’ve researched intrauterine insemination (IUI), you’ve probably know the sperm sample is washed before being delivered to the uterus. You may wonder why this process is conducted. Is the sperm dirty? Does it need to be “clean” to fertilize an egg?

Regardless of which technique you select, sperm washing is a vital part of IUI. We’re happy to talk with you further about the process during a consultation.

Thanks so much sir for this info, thinking of doing IUI, not now, want to take care of myself for like 3 months, then try. Please do you know good hospitals in Lagos or Jos where they do this kind of specialized IUI.. THANKS
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2018
FruitfulRay:

Thanks so much sir for this info, thinking of doing IUI, not now, want to take care of myself for like 3 months, then try. Please do you know good hospitals in Lagos or Jos where they do this kind of specialized IUI.. THANKS

lagos mamas fit chook mouth, i dont know.
but what i know is that specialized equipment isnt really needed for washing n sorting semen,
any hospital that has a lab n performs sfa would hv the capability to do the washing n sorting.-- if they choose to

the s,emen is simply put in a centrifuge and whirled at high speeds, this will separate the dead dperm from the live ones, and the fast sperm sorted from the weak ones, impurities then settle out too.
so once a clinic does do sfa in-house, you can automatically know that they are incapable of semen washing n sorting
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruithfulann: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
Goodday ever fruitful mamas in the house. Pls I will need your help in making a decision. I had a failed ivf at care women clinic ph last year Feb,had to take my time before I did another. Now I am ready, now to my questions...
1.Which of these hospitals do u think is better
Save a life hospital ph
Gynoscope hospital ph
Hope valley ph

2.What do I need to do to prepare myself,hoping to start by Feb.

Abeg make una no waka pass o, I really need to make a decision. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by FruitfulRay(f): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
RipVanWink:

lagos mamas fit chook mouth, i dont know.
but what i know is that specialized equipment isnt really needed for washing n sorting semen,
any hospital that has a lab n performs sfa would hv the capability to do the washing n sorting.-- if they choose to

the s,emen is simply put in a centrifuge and whirled at high speeds, this will separate the dead dperm from the live ones, and the fast sperm sorted from the weak ones, impurities then settle out too.
so once a clinic does do sfa in-house, you can automatically know that they are incapable of semen washing n sorting

Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by alina2nv(f): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2018
Hello mamas,
Has anyone treated uterine adhesion (asherman syndrome) naturally? I did hysteroscopy in October and it has reformed. Kindly share what worked for you. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by darzled: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2018
Good day mama's
Please does anyone know where I can do acupuncture in abuja
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nabeelah2016: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thanks alot. Helpful even though i am over a year late to this post. I actually just stumbled on it as i didn't remember to come back here. I thought it would be good to also update you on my progress for anyone else looking to make a decision on IVIG.

I used the IVIG with my first IVF attempt in 2016, it was successful but unfortunately i miscarried at 8 weeks. On my second attempt (FET), i declined the use of IVIG as a doctor i saw in the US has strongly discouraged me from using it again and also because it was too expensive here in Nigeria. Thankfully, it was also successful and i got a BFP in that cycle which produced two beautiful babies in 2017.

The very best of luck to everyone still on the journey. I say this confidently and ultimately by God's Grace - There is a lot of joy and light at the end of the tunnel for you!

wholesomegrace:

Joyfulmother just mention something like that ...........IVG Infusion .............. abi

Intravenous (IV) immunoglobulin (Ig) has been shown to increase pregnancy rates after previously failed in vitro fertilization (IVF) embryo (ET) attempts

I just began my research on this and it seems it helps increase success rates of ivf after repeated failures. I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
alina2nv:
Hello mamas,
Has anyone treated uterine adhesion (asherman syndrome) naturally? I did hysteroscopy in October and it has reformed. Kindly share what worked for you. Thanks
Try castor oil massage, combine with enzymes
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
shithapuns:
hello house, hope someone can help me on making a choice between these 2 hospitals for iui or ivf

1. life medical -- nnewi anambara state . total cost from their website is about 550k/600k
2 lily hospital delta and edo state currently doing promo cost is 650k, normal cost is 1.1m

anybody done either iui or ivf with any of these hospitals, how would you rate them, customer servcie/success rate/technical capability etc

for iui do they wash and select the s,emen before iui?
I think that price for life was 2 years ago. Last I inquired I was told to budget 1m that it depends on body response.
For their IUI, mine failed. Though male issue and it was at 11m then. I'm still planning to try again soon since we have improved count now.
My issue with them again was not scanning on the day, may be because it fell on Sunday. There were only 2 scans in the cycle. Day12 and 16. Transfer was done on day 14, about 25 hrs after hsg shot. Then nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chukddy7: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
Merciful pls,can I know how much fertile aid clinic collect for Ivf.pls mummies who is knows much about the clinic.sabi mama make una no waka pass ooh,abeg shine torch for your sister
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amarapearl: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Fruithfulann:
Goodday ever fruitful mamas in the house. Pls I will need your help in making a decision. I had a failed ivf at care women clinic ph last year Feb,had to take my time before I did another. Now I am ready, now to my questions...
Save a life hospital ph
Gynoscope hospital ph
Hope valley ph

Port Harcourt dont have good hospital for IVF, nobody i know that have done IVF with care women had a positive result, if you have time i will advise you to go to Lagos or Abuja for your next procedure.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2018
koksy:
I heard Fertilaid in Abuja is very good as well

Has anyone cycled with them recently?
Pls let me know

@iwangobio pls will like to hear from you

Thanks all
It is well sister, God bless you. Yea I know some who got my contact through this forum and I directed them to the hospital. One came from Jos even, she will soon deliver, we still speak on phone, whatsapp. They had a serious male factor but God saw them through. They did the first cycle in 2014 and got bfp, then the second last year and got bfp.
@all, God will surely visit all the waiting mums this year. My closest neighbor who almost sent the wife packing is today a very happy man, the 3rd cycle clicked and today he is a proud father. You know our story already, the Generals were 4 years old in October, already in Nursery One, very brilliant, worth the wait. God will do much more for you people, pls don't give up just yet, I know the economy is very challenging, we still have you people in our prayers, I may not be posting here very often, but I come in here once in awhile to read it up. God bless you all.

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Odunayo63: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
#discussioncontinue

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by princessG35: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
koksy:
I heard Fertilaid in Abuja is very good as well

Has anyone cycled with them recently?
Pls let me know

@iwangobio pls will like to hear from you

Thanks all
Fertilaid Abuja is very good. Cycled with them & was successful on 2nd try
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Odunayo63: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
#letstalk

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by princessG35: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
chukddy7:
Merciful pls,can I know how much fertile aid clinic collect for Ivf.pls mummies who is knows much about the clinic.sabi mama make una no waka pass ooh,abeg shine torch for your sister
Don't know if anyone has answered ur question. Am planning on using fertilaid again after my successful trial with them. The total cost they gave me was one mill eighty naira,drugs inclusive
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ameera2018(f): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello ladies & Happy new year,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
@inwangobio..Hello sir..pls do u know of any supplement my husband can take to boost him up a bit pending the time we go for ivf?..we have severe male factor too.

Other sabi mama's & papas pls put mouth..God answer everyone dis year..Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercifull(f): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
chukddy7:
Princessg35 has answered your question.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ffvsquared: 11:40am On Jan 12, 2018
https://thefertilechickonline.com/ranking-of-fertility-clinics-update/ Latest fertility ranking for those seeking advice on where to do their ivf

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
Fruithfulann:
Save a life hospital ph
Gynoscope hospital ph
Hope valley ph

My dear, pls try LIFE HOSPITAL NNEWI, ANAMBRA STATE. Dey are too good!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ffvsquared: 12:43pm On Jan 13, 2018
Free ivf for 20 couples and the portal will be opened for only one week! Go to https://ibidunniighodalofoundation.org/iif-grant/application-form/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.