Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,793 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1274696 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 7:58am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Xmas to all.Blendy pele it is well with u nd for all preggies e ma so layo,for all. BFNs,what can I say,can d creature question d creatory'day was my 7th wedding anniversary nd guess what I got for a present?my period,it was delayed nd I ws hoping I was preg,was very sad but what can I do than to talk to God,after a few mins of sadness I just said father thnk u dt I can see my periods evry month,der was a time dat was a prayer point,IT IS WELL.@ beloved 1993,where re u taking treatment,I did PGD research for 2yrs and I know u can hve a fresh cycle with PGD ,in SA it will be frozen cos dey will send d probe to us or uk to check for d sickle embryo pls pm on dketubah@gmail.com ,with a fresh cycle u will go for d dna probing first,go back after 2 months where u'll start treatment nd dats it.I think dey test d embryo at day 3 nd wait till day 5 for xfer,pls send me a mail
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hmmmm it's well o!.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
@Tanidabi I sent you an email.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2012
hi all merry christmas and a wonderful and prosperous 2013. I want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement after tha loss of one of my babies I appreciate u all the other babies are doing well my daughter is out of the incubator so we are waiting for my boy they are gaining weight rapidly so we'll be going home soon. All my sisters who didn't get a BFP this cycle pls don't loose hope God is still on the throne and he will surely answer our prayers. Blendy u are almost there just hang on and u'll carry ur bundles of joy. For those who live in the southern part of Nig ie Edo, delta, ondo and environs the hospital were I did my IVF is having a bonanza form january to march their price is N650,000 for IVF/ICIS procedure the hospital is good and have a good success rate am not advertising for them that's why I've not put up the name of the hospital n address but if anyone is interested I'll pass on the information.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Olikili congrats, so happy for you. Our love and kisses to your twins. Thank God for this good news. Please feel free to spill the name of the clinic you used as I'm sure a lot of peeps will be interested.

Godiya and Tanidabi, it is well. God is never late so be rest assured you will celebrate soonest.

Beloved, your story is so touching. Don't know much about PGD, do they do the testing in Nig? Kpele Dear, am happy you found someone who understands what you're talking about. It is well.

Merry Christmas and a better 2013 to you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pls sisters can someone help to clearify on this,is it necessary to have the womb set by native massage b4
going for an IVF?

Blendy77: Olikili congrats, so happy for you. Our love and kisses to your twins. Thank God for this good news. Please feel free to spill the name of the clinic you used as I'm sure a lot of peeps will be interested.

Godiya and Tanidabi, it is well. God is never late so be rest assured you will celebrate soonest.

Beloved, your story is so touching. Don't know much about PGD, do they do the testing in Nig? Kpele Dear, am happy you found someone who understands what you're talking about. It is well.

Merry Christmas and a better 2013 to you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ Blendy thanks my sister for d prayer. We couldn't wait till 28th before doing d test cos Af continue till 2day, so we went to another clinic to run d test,since 2day is 17th day of et and behold it was NEGATIVE boldly written in capital letters. As i didn't faint 2day to God be d glory. I don't wish my enemy a month of delay in child bearing or bfn after ivf. I pray we recover from d shock,stress and expenditure soonest.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
We are already planning wat 2 do next cos life must go on, and by God's grace,2013 we must have babies of our own. Pls can some help us with d info abt d cost of ivf/iui @ Georges. With wat i have read about them, seem d dr Emeka is called of God to help put smiles on d faces of couples. Pls i'm waiting for d info, thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Arisolama I don't think its necessary becos womb setting is actually for the swimmers to have free access to the cervix unhindered whereas with ivf, the egg is already fertilized and deposited in the middle of the womb so its absolutely not necessary but then you can do it if it makes you feel good. As in, if you feel u'll have a better result with it. I know I did some native herbs like sitting on some boiled herbs for days and that helped a lot with discharge I've battled with for years but can't say categorically that it gave me my BFP. So do what makes you feel your chances are increasd without endangering ur life. Always seek a second opinion too with what you decide to do as what works for one person might not work for the other. All da best my Sister.

Godiya, Emeka is good won't deceive you but have it at the back of your mind that its God that gives. I got 2 BFN with him before my BFP this year. Also a lot of people have been getting BFP this year and even those with BFN still insists on returning to him because he is probably different from other Drs but call him and schedule an appointment free of charge to discuss your issue and if your mind tells you to continue with him, then follow your mind.
Why am I saying all this? A friend I met here on NL got a BFN and it was really difficult consoling her. I was almost crying for her becos it was like she went there because of the plenty testimonies she read here. A lot of peeps still got BFP at first attempt this year but have it at the back of your mind that ivf is try ur luck. All the best Dear. His number is 08032011536. His price is between 900-950k. Try and negotiate any price he gives you cos he don dey like money these days cos of the plenty BFP's so let him know someone told you on NL that its negotiable. U don't pay anythg at first vist and u can go with ur recent tests results so u don't spend money repeating them.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Medical art centre is also not a bad idea;many good testimonies! We just have to hope for the best and by God's grace all will be well

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 11:55am On Dec 27, 2012
Hi all the hospital's name is Lily Hospital Lily hopital is at 6.Brisibe Lane, off Etuwewe Road, 0ff Deco RoaYd, warri The Drs and members of staff are very good and helpful and their promo is from jan to march

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ Blendy, thanks so much.U are right and ur advise is noted.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 11:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blendy77: Arisolama I don't think its Tanks Very much Blendy,I appreciate but is it true that accupunture helps after ET or its just a waiste of money? And pls does any1 know about Dr Wada of Nissa Premier in ABj?

necessary becos womb setting is actually for the swimmers to have free access to the cervix unhindered whereas with ivf, the egg is already fertilized and deposited in the middle of the womb so its absolutely not necessary but then you can do it if it makes you feel good. As in, if you feel u'll have a better result with it. I know I did some native herbs like sitting on some boiled herbs for days and that helped a lot with discharge I've battled with for years but can't say categorically that it gave me my BFP. So do what makes you feel your chances are increasd without endangering ur life. Always seek a second opinion too with what you decide to do as what works for one person might not work for the other. All da best my Sister.

Godiya, Emeka is good won't deceive you but have it at the back of your mind that its God that gives. I got 2 BFN with him before my BFP this year. Also a lot of people have been getting BFP this year and even those with BFN still insists on returning to him because he is probably different from other Drs but call him and schedule an appointment free of charge to discuss your issue and if your mind tells you to continue with him, then follow your mind.
Why am I saying all this? A friend I met here on NL got a BFN and it was really difficult consoling her. I was almost crying for her becos it was like she went there because of the plenty testimonies she read here. A lot of peeps still got BFP at first attempt this year but have it at the back of your mind that ivf is try ur luck. All the best Dear. His number is 08032011536. His price is between 900-950k. Try and negotiate any price he gives you cos he don dey like money these days cos of the plenty BFP's so let him know someone told you on NL that its negotiable. U don't pay anythg at first vist and u can go with ur recent tests results so u don't spend money repeating them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
HI EVERYONE MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL. I hope those who were at home during Christmas enjoyed their Christmas gathering with family, friends and food. To God be the glory. On my last message i wrote about going for surgery it happens to be during Christmas and all was successful. It was a terrible experience on that day i was placed on oxygen throughout the day and 4 hrs operation while A lady close to me who was also working along for ivf has been married for 14 yrs no issue and finally her womb was removed totally or else she has only 5 months to developed into uterus cancer. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm God has been faithful to me even when some doctors were recommending removing my womb due to outrageous size of fibroid inside my uterus but God sent an expert gynecologist who did an artistic performance. God has been faithful to me Brethren .Who am i to deserve this May his name forever be praised! funny enough i did not pay kobo all were (gratis)free including food.By his grace i will continue my Ivf by January ending even when the doctor gave me assurance to conceive naturally. I have made up my mind to go for ivf for there is no time for us especially my hubby age-wise. Thanks all for your prayer and encouragement you all are de-bomba.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by slushia(f): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
@Negozi....we praise God for ur successful surgery,God who has started a new thing in your life will complete it. I wish u a speedy recovery.come january,u shall conceive by the grace of God.will also start my 2nd ivf by ending january.2013 is definately our year.warmest regards.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Babes congrats!!! We thank God for the beginning of better things to come. If you know the other lady whose Uterus was removed personally, advise her to go for surrogacy as all hope is not lost.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 7:52am On Dec 31, 2012
@SLUSHAI Thanks for your prayer and kind words. @ Blenddy Thanks as well i am getting better . I have discussed the surrogate issue with her but she prefers adoption but adoption policy here in Europe is very high and demanding. For one to adopt you must have a house of your own and a good sum of money in a bank for the child inheritance etc and you know not everyone can meet the requirements including long ques of documents procession. Well i believe she can change her mind for the surrogate if she cannot meet the later. Once again a happy new year to all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:59am On Dec 31, 2012
Hmmm adoption tins. I used to encourage women to also try adoption after ivf but after a colleague's nasty experience, I'd rather solicit for surrogacy than adoption. Let me quickly share my colleague's story so others too can learn.

This lady in question got married 15years ago (I didn't even know she's been married for that long), and couldn't conceive. I think they tried ivf and what have you and finally decided to adopt a baby. They are very rich as the husband was a big boy in one of the banks while she works in an oil company. She drives the latest prado to the office and they own a house in Lekki so money was not an issue. Just 2 weeks ago, the husband was shot by hired assassins and trust igbos and culture. The bottom line of the story is that the family has refused to accept the baby she and the hubby adopted. The obituary poster pasted on our office notice board does not reflect anythg to show the guy has a child whether fostered or adopted. Mourners listed there were brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties,nieces and nephews. Everyone in the office noticed the deliberate removal of her child all because its not the man's seed. News making the rounds is that the family is eagerly alloting the man's houses and cars to themselves. My colleague has a good job so we definitely know she would be ok with her child. But then, how would anyone feel, after husling with a guy for 15yrs and all of a sudden u loose everythg to relatives just because u don't have a child for him. Its just so sad and we all feel for her. That is why I always pray and encourage women with delay never to fold their arms and expect God to make the move for them. God has already put in place so many techniques and ways to have a baby. Iui and ivf is there surrogacy is another option if ivf doesn't work for you. Its still ur baby, only carried by a rented womb and at the end, you and your family are happy. Gist going round has it that the 2 kids Patience has for Jonathan were born by surrogates in India, no wahala, who cares? Women should wise up especially if the money is there and you can afford it.
Anyone can criticize me but then its my own opinion. There's this pidgin proverb that says, Pikin wey no get Mama, na when other people mama dey advise their children na him from dey listen dey gain wisdom.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
So sad a story but this suRrogacy of a thing must the surrogate know the person she's. Surrogatiing for?
Blendy77: Hmmm adoption tins. I used to encourage women to also try adoption after ivf but after a colleague's nasty experience, I'd rather solicit for surrogacy than adoption. Let me quickly share my colleague's story so others too can learn.

This lady in question got married 15years ago (I didn't even know she's been married for that long), and couldn't conceive. I think they tried ivf and what have you and finally decided to adopt a baby. They are very rich as the husband was a big boy in one of the banks while she works in an oil company. She drives the latest prado to the office and they own a house in Lekki so money was not an issue. Just 2 weeks ago, the husband was shot by hired assassins and trust igbos and culture. The bottom line of the story is that the family has refused to accept the baby she and the hubby adopted. The obituary poster pasted on our office notice board does not reflect anythg to show the guy has a child whether fostered or adopted. Mourners listed there were brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties,nieces and nephews. Everyone in the office noticed the deliberate removal of her child all because its not the man's seed. News making the rounds is that the family is eagerly alloting the man's houses and cars to themselves. My colleague has a good job so we definitely know she would be ok with her child. But then, how would anyone feel, after husling with a guy for 15yrs and all of a sudden u loose everythg to relatives just because u don't have a child for him. Its just so sad and we all feel for her. That is why I always pray and encourage women with delay never to fold their arms and expect God to make the move for them. God has already put in place so many techniques and ways to have a baby. Iui and ivf is there surrogacy is another option if ivf doesn't work for you. Its still ur baby, only carried by a rented womb and at the end, you and your family are happy. Gist going round has it that the 2 kids Patience has for Jonathan were born by surrogates in India, no wahala, who cares? Women should wise up especially if the money is there and you can afford it.
Anyone can criticize me but then its my own opinion. There's this pidgin proverb that says, Pikin wey no get Mama, na when other people mama dey advise their children na him from dey listen dey gain wisdom.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Congratulations! Ngozi we thank for a succesful surgery and and earnestly pray that God perfects evrythng in ur life IJN

NEGOZI: HI EVERYONE MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL. I hope those who were at home during Christmas enjoyed their Christmas gathering with family, friends and food. To God be the glory. On my last message i wrote about going for surgery it happens to be during Christmas and all was successful. It was a terrible experience on that day i was placed on oxygen throughout the day and 4 hrs operation while A lady close to me who was also working along for ivf has been married for 14 yrs no issue and finally her womb was removed totally or else she has only 5 months to developed into uterus cancer. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm God has been faithful to me even when some doctors were recommending removing my womb due to outrageous size of fibroid inside my uterus but God sent an expert gynecologist who did an artistic performance. God has been faithful to me Brethren .Who am i to deserve this May his name forever be praised! funny enough i did not pay kobo all were (gratis)free including food.By his grace i will continue my Ivf by January ending even when the doctor gave me assurance to conceive naturally. I have made up my mind to go for ivf for there is no time for us especially my hubby age-wise. Thanks all for your prayer and encouragement you all are de-bomba.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
wonyi: may God help us. delay is not a good thing. may our heart desires be granted 2013.
can someone conceive naturally after IVF? abeg sabi people help me answer the question

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:55am On Jan 01, 2013
Ariso, you mustn't know the surrogate as they have anonymous. But there are cases where relatives and friends decides to be surrogate to help a loved one. In a such a case, you will definitely know yourselves but the ones hospital organize are anonymous but usually expensive.

@ Wonyi, nothing stops you from conceiving naturally after ivf. Just that most people dont ovulate immediately after ivf because the body needs some time to wear off all the plenty medication taken during ivf.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ogbuebo(m): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2013
Blendy that was a demonisation of adoption. The family you described is a wicked and greedy one and what they did has nothing to do with the child being adopted. There are cases where women and their biological kids are also chased away and all properties shared by their father's relations. Your opinion is highly respected here and that is all de more reason why you should edit what you say better and not generalise. Thank you madam.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:38am On Jan 01, 2013
@Ogbuebu, am trying to understand what you want me to edit. I'm only trying to make women see why surrogacy is better than adoption especially here in Nigeria. Our culture as Nigerians does not favor an adopted child compared to your child carried by a surrogate and I did that by narrating a true life story so pls how have I offended u?
Most people are not aware that surrogacy is available in Nigeria. If you have followed my posts from the begining of this thread you will realize that I also attempted adoption and even considered surrogacy so can't demonlize it now because it didn't work. Its just a piece of advise for women to look more towards this area of surrogacy and my intention is not to slight anyone. If my post about surrogacy has offended you in anyway, please feel free to quote the annoying phrase and make it bold and I'll gladly delete it.
N/B: my intention was never to generalize and assume what happened to my colleague will happen to everyone who adopted. No! Am only saying people should look at a better option especially where a woman has gone through hysterectomy or has one reason or the other that prohibits her uetrus from carrying a baby after several failed ivf.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2013
hello everyone,happy new year i believe we are all doing fine.@negozi i congratulate you for a sucessfull surgery and i wish u quick recovery.@blendy77 mama twins not long left now abi,i wish u all d best my sister and congrat for winning health poster of 2013 u trully deserve it more grease to ur elbow dear.@olikili dear i believe u and twins re doing fine lots of love to them.@beliver84 how re u nd the triplets,i believe u re doing fine.@and to all other preggy mamas in the house including those that just got their BFP i wish u all smooth nd stress free nine months.@to all those who re starting ur cycle this month i wish u all BFP,it shall be a perfect one by the grace of God.@inwagobio i pray God give u ur heart desire (triplets) and thanks so much 4 all the encouraging words.my regards to ur loving wife.@venus i guess u re also preparing 4 ur cycle i wish u all the best dear.@oviasouth how re u doing,it is well my sister dis year shall be a great year for all of us.@godiya always as ur name implies we should give thanks,it is well this next one shall be perfect for us all.@sub zidi how re u doing dear.i cant finish mentioning names to all of us in Gods waiting room i pray before this year ends this thread shall full with testiminonies.all the best to everyone either ivf or natural cycle.wishing us happy and fruitfull new year.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year everyone, May God grant us the yearnings/desires of our hearts dz year. @ Abibby, amen!!!. Thanks my sister, by His grace thanksgiving will not cease in our homes/lives dz yr.The Lord will fill our hearts with joy and mouths with singing & laughter. We shall be celebrated n congratulated. For every shame n sorrow in d past, we shall have double honour. Our testimonies shall be perfected and our joy shall be full. Before this year ends,we shall conceive and give birth to healthy babies of our own. Bless u.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mrscolite(f): 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
arisolama: So sad a story but this suRrogacy of a thing must the surrogate know the person she's. Surrogatiing for?

No,it is not compulsory but you can get to know each other during the process.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ALL, To all that wish me a quick recovery thank you all. i am highly delighted i am one of the members of this great forum . i came here whenever am depressed, when i have no one to talk to , when my heart is full of so many "why" My prayer is one day we all shall gather in person in Nigeria to celebrate our joy and get in knowing each other. I have a vision that one day this baby forum will get to a point it has to be an organisation were we gather assist and lend a helping hand in whichever way we could.I don't know when and how but i always have this feelings. So if you are here be serious to one another and show respect both in your actions and writings . Thanks all once again and may God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
@All, Happy new year, it was declared in our church as our year of multiplication! I had to key in for all my beloved sisters in this forum, this is our season of testimonies and nothing can stop it, not even our seemingly unbelieve or faithlessness. @Abibyy thanks alot, it is our battle so must fight together, Just help us in ur prayers. @Blendy77 thanks for being there for us. i hope d twins are doing good, pls i have sent u a mail check ur inbox n reply! @oviasouth the Lord is with u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.