Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? (11897 Views)

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! / Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by beejaei: 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2011
So I am based in dc and I have gone to clubs with a predominantly nigerian crowd twice. I have also partied with people from all over the US (minus african americans), and they all said I was a good dancer. However, when I am at cubs with Nigerian girls, they avoid dancing with me. Usually I go to the girls just standing or dancing with other girls and begin to dance vigorously/seriously to convince them to dance with me. Almost every time, they will have this mischevious/mocking/affirming smile on their face as they watch me, then they begin to dance,too. The problem is that without fail, all of these girls then excuse themselves or tell me to excuse them after 2-3 minutes of dancing. I do not understand. Some people have suggested that it is either that I dance poorly or too vigorously. Someone please tell me about the etiquette of clubbing,
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by werepeLeri: 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2011
Nigerian ladies no send you - if you like dance like palongo himself. Gone are the days when dancing entice women, these days, noone cares.
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by mashnino(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2011
oboy chek ya armpit
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by pendo89(f): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
damn! Was wondering what Moi did to make girls run away from him yet hes retired.
angry
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by BABE3: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2011
lol-- Stand. Let the girl do "the work". wink No need for the effizy-Michael-Jackson-moves if you have no rhythm. 
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by tellwisdom: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin c dis guy sha. He still get guts to complain grin grin grin. My brother would you stop dancing ALANTA to hipHop? sad sad
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by kemmeye: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
i think u're dancing a little bit too hard so u no that might scare them away. undecided
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by kemmeye: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
mashnino:

oboy chek ya armpit

yeah another probable cause

hahahahaha
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by beejaei: 12:11am On Oct 04, 2011
please keep them coming, i need some form of consensus, or else i may stay away from the clubs in the future.
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 04, 2011
Roflmao @ topic. . Lwkmd @ alanta on hip hop, lmmfao @ armpit smelling lawd have mercy @ M.J efizy. . Damn NL free comedy shows never a dull moment. . Op do u have quick ejaculation problem?
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by omega25red(m): 1:36am On Oct 04, 2011
beejaei:

So I am based in dc and I have gone to clubs with a predominantly nigerian crowd twice. I have also partied with people from all over the US (minus african americans), and they all said I was a good dancer. However, when I am at cubs with Nigerian girls, they avoid dancing with me. Usually I go to the girls just standing or dancing with other girls and begin to dance vigorously/seriously to convince them to dance with me. Almost every time, they will have this mischevious/mocking/affirming smile on their face as they watch me, then they begin to dance,too. The problem is that without fail, all of these girls then excuse themselves or tell me to excuse them after 2-3 minutes of dancing. I do not understand. Some people have suggested that it is either that I dance poorly or too vigorously. Someone please tell me about the etiquette of clubbing,
dude meeting girls in clubs should not be done by dancing in a spastic way. you are supposed to walk up to a girl you are interested in and ask her if she wants to dance. don't just roll up dancing like a dumbazz. or better yet walk up and offer a drink and chat for a few then ask her to dance.
By the way what clubs in DC would you mostly find Nigerians?
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by Princek12(m): 2:34am On Oct 04, 2011
omega25red:

dude meeting girls in clubs should not be done by dancing in a spastic way. you are supposed to walk up to a girl you are interested in and ask her if she wants to dance. don't just roll up dancing like a dumbazz. or better yet walk up and[b] offer a drink and chat for a few then ask her to dance. [/b]
By the way what clubs in DC would you mostly find Nigerians?

Some of the girls will accept your drink, say thank you, and walk away.
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by omega25red(m): 2:47am On Oct 04, 2011
Princek12:

Some of the girls will accept your drink, say thank you, and walk away.
yea thats true and the worst mistake you would make is to either follow her or insult her. think of a club as an ocean lots of fishes if you cast your net once you might catch a fish that woulld escape the second time the fish just might stay. Besides there no rule that you must buy a drink just ask for a simple dance and be cool.

if you know you can't dance do the two step
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by beejaei: 4:40am On Oct 04, 2011
I was at the love club for nigeria's independence. I cannot remember the club i was at before that
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by 9janinja1(f): 4:50am On Oct 04, 2011
i dont know man , why is the sky blue , one of the many mysteries of the world
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by beejaei: 5:19am On Oct 04, 2011
come on, you can do better
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by eghost247(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
and this is the sort of thing we need to discuss on nairaland
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
1 thing i have come to realize with the little time i have spent clubbing is that, Naija babes survey your complete dressing, starting from the chain on your neck to the shoe on your feet. They don't even give a Bleep bout your American dress styles. The would prefer a Guy who puts on an expensive Guinea, An Original Gold or Silver chain and a Mad palm slipper, They probably have an agent who stays outside to know the kind of car you came in with, But the truth is that they survey you from your dance steps, swag and carriage, If you don't wanna be rejected anymore, go to "Kokodum at Ibadan, The guyz there are always ready grin grin

1 Like

Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by callme2: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
@poster

maybe you are ugly
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by ikooko(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
must you dance with ladies?
note: ''not who danceth with but who taketh away''
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by http(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
beejaei:

Bros, it either you dance badly or you have body odour, any of this must be responsible, wait the third one; you like hugging while dancing i guess undecided in all it probably Ise awon Iya ni yen (Body odour) lipsrsealed
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by iyatrustee(f): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
http:

Bros, it either you dance badly or you have body odour, any of this must be responsible, wait the third one; you like hugging while dancing i guess undecided in all it probably Ise awon[b] Iya[/b] ni yen (Body odour) lipsrsealed

wetin i do you now bros? grin grin grin
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by Ben13: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
The gals do the "vigorous" dancing, sweetheart! A typical lady would like to beat the guy in a dance. In the club, the guys move; and let the gals dance. tongue
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by johnjoel(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
your not a good dance enticer but anywell follow on twiter.@Gentlejoe_pjc
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by GODWINEO(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
Guy y not just forget about them and go on dancing definitely one out of hundred would go crazy when you put up a good show and the crowd would not only want to dance with you but exchange call me back, lol,
wory not and put up with the dance may be the pason who would admire you is not yet around the corner grin grin grin
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
ikooko:

must you dance with ladies?
note: ''not who danceth with but who taketh away''

An old friend of mine used to say this way back in Ibadan. Lol.

@ Poster, sorry about your predicament. Maybe you hold the same glass of beer for too many hours. Most naija girls (home and abroad) that go to clubs do NOT go there to have plain fun. They go to scout for 'big boys', consciously or unconsciously. Act the part and then see how much things would change.
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by born2boink(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
You should have flashed dollars when dancing, she would dance for 10 hrs
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by brainpulse: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Have you checked your breathe? Maybe that is what is chasing Ladies away from you.
Or you have you checked your Body ordour? Maybe you have an offensive one when you sweat.
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by noblegas2(m): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
looooooooooooooooooooool, Think ROLL ON<<
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by danjohn: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2011
I agree with Omega25red on this. What you are doing may work with a girl dancing by herself but certainly not when a girl is dancing with her friends. Sometimes girls enjoy dancing with their friends. That's just the way it is. I have found from experience that chatting with the girl helps. Give her compliments (not too many), be yourself, and then ask her to dance.
Re: So Why Do Girls Run From Moi? by otokx(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2011
funny thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland / Lets Toast In Our Native Language ! / My Chest Is Too Big. Help. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.