Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,876 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:42 AM

Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby (4351 Views)

Arrested Child Thief Is A Fake Nurse (ogun State) / Nurse Arrested For Stealing New Baby In Ogun (Pictured) / Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by lagcity(m): 2:44am On Oct 04, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/201110020038.html

Joe Nweze
1 October 2011

Enugu — A fake nurse is being investigated by the Enugu State Police Command in connection with her involvement in the disappearance of a baby from St. Theresa Hospital Abakpa Nike, a thickly populated suburb of Enugu metropolis.

The mother had happily taken her baby to the hospital last July to be immunised during the monthly routine exercise when the fake nurse approached her and volunteered to help, only to disappear with the baby afterwards.

It was gathered that while waiting for her turn, which took time due to the large turn out, the fake nurse smartly played on the intelligence of the woman by requesting to help her out.

After waiting for a long time, the mother decided to ask for her baby from the nurses working in the hospital who were familiar to her. It was then that it dawned on her that an evil person had played a fast one on her.

'The woman promptly raised an alarm which attracted sympathisers,' a source said.

The police was contacted and went on the trail of the baby thief, eventually arresting her last Wednesday - two months after.

The Moment on Sunday learnt that police detective investigating the incidence recovered the stolen baby from a woman who allegedly bought it for 300,000 naira. The police are still maintaining sealed lips on the identity of the culprits so so as not to jeopardise investigations.

Contacted for comments on the development, Ebere Amaraizu, the Enugu State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), declined to reveal the identity of the fake nurse and the woman to whom she bought the baby on the grounds that he was not in the office.

Enugu has in recent times been a favourite ground for the illegal sale of babies by 'merchants' who habour young girls with unwanted pregnancy, care for them and thereafter sell off the babies to their clients while the mother is rewarded with only a paltry sum.

However, stealing from nursing mothers at immunisation centres is a new trend.
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Osama10(m): 4:17am On Oct 04, 2011
Why steal a baby when you can adopt one legally.
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Outstrip(f): 5:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Osama10:

Evil sometimes does not make sense. She could adopt one legally but maybe this baby was just a few months old and she could be passed off as a new born. All the wicked woman had to do was fake a pregnancy and reappear 9 months later and say she had the baby in Lagos or something. I feel so sorry for these children because you know that they most likely will be tortured and abused on a daily basis. That child will just wonder why the mother hates him or her not knowing that she was just used to stop people from talking about her fake parents childlessness
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Obiagu1(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2011
Osama10:

To find a baby to adopt in the East is so difficult and equally as expensive.
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by eghost247(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

so stealing one is the right thing to do? SMH
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by velo10: 11:26am On Oct 04, 2011
So some children are actually calling thieves "daddy" and "mommy"?
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Texther(m): 11:32am On Oct 04, 2011
eyaaaa, its so unfortunate
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by highland(m): 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
Unfortunate indeed
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Gift4all(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

Is it more expensive than buying one illegally? Could it be more than the N300,000 they sold/bought this baby? If it is difficult in the east, why not move to other parts of the country to adopt one? So all the orphanages in the east don't have enough babies for people to adopt or is it the laws that are stringent? There is no justifiable reason for stealing someone's baby.
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by demmykay: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
Mothers be careful and watch out for who u give ur baby to/ who u allow to carry ur baby. Be it in d neighbourhood, market, hospital or places of worship. These evil doers are everywhere
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by samyng(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Very sad news to hear Thank GOD they were able to recover the baby [/size]
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Obiagu1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2011
eghost247:

so stealing one is the right thing to do? SMH

A beg oo, I didn't say it was the right thing to do, did I?

I just made a comment.

Gift4all:

Is it more expensive than buying one illegally? Could it be more than the N300,000 they sold/bought this baby? If it is difficult in the east, why not move to other parts of the country to adopt one? So all the orphanages in the east don't have enough babies for people to adopt or is it the laws that are stringent? There is no justifiable reason for stealing someone's baby.

It could be as high as N200,000 and yes, the orphanages in the East don't have enough babies of the right age for people to adopt and can take so long to find one.
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by polokor60(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
velo10:

So some children are actually calling thieves "daddy" and "mommy"?
that's true
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by lagcity(m): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

Obiagu1, i hail u ooo! chei, see explanation grin grin grin anyway, me i no talk ooo. cheesy
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by BootyOnMe: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2011
All these LOCAL, psycho women and their 'fruit of the womb' craze.
Welcome to baby-traficking in Eastern Nigeria.
Thank God Boko Haram nefa learn dis wan. cheesy
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by engrj(m): 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
Boko Haram Give me your no, i want to bomb my Landlord's house. please am den serious
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by goldng: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2011
Wahala Dey Oh!
Re: Fake Nurse Arrested For Stealing Baby by Gbenge77(m): 1:00am On Oct 06, 2011
too bad.

(1) (Reply)

Half-Unclad girls go bonkers at Mega Chicken in Lagos / My Cousin Sister Is Missing (Photos) / Strange Looking Animal Found In A Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.