Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay (2725 Views)

Am So Angry With First Bank / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by naijacutee(f): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2007
See me see trouble. I was on my own, jejely trying to sell my phone upgrade on eBay. I put it as a Buy-it-Now and this stupid person just opened an eBay acount today, with some fake London address that has an Irish postcode. I suspected immediately that he was a 419 from Naija. (I may be wrong though, but time will tell) Therefore I whipped out my big, old Bible and sent him this message :

Hello there,
Thanks for buying my item. Please pay by Paypal now, so I can post to your UK address.

I swear, if na 419 you wan play me, God go punish you in the name of Jesus. All your generations will never see anything good. You will never see anything good in Jesus name I pray. God has already cursed you, like you will see in Proverbs 3:33 :
The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous. That means, not just you, but you, your entire house and generation are cursed. You will struggle to make headway in life and you still will not make any headway. Things that come to everyone easy, you will suffer and cry before you get. I'm not the one speaking, I'm saying this from God's word. Ole.

If however, you are a honest person and you are not doing 419 from that computer where you are sitting, then you have nothing to worry about for the Bible says in Proverbs 26:2 - Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow,an undeserved curse does not come to rest.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I'm still so angry because eBay will charge me £5 for this listing and I still haven't sold it to a human being!
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by McOmo(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2007
Lmao . . .
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by CrazyMan(m): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2007
Take it easy on yourself; don't jump into conclusions but if you are sure that he's a 419, then there's no reason for you to sell the phone to him. Just keep back your property until you get someone more sincere who you can sell it to.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by naijadiva2(f): 1:20am On Sep 09, 2007
what a way to handle it.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by Amigoz(f): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2007
@ Naijacutee

I feel u ma sista shocked

Unfortunately, dat is the type of ppl you will be exposed to wen you flog an item on the www. It might be a 419 scam as u rightly stated, however it might be some other person not necessarily from Naija doin d 419. You really have nothing to worry about, the only thing is the inconvenience of re listing your good (if dat be d case, make sure u put at the bottom of ur description or right at the top dat any person with less dan a certain no of feedback shld contact u b4 bidding, else u take their bid off).

As per losing ur listing fee, dat need not happen u can contact ebay and report the buyer if they do not pay ( i think after seven days of the bidding ending). Ebay will refund ur listing fee and shut down the buyer permanently if dey do not respond.

Hope that helps and Happy Selling! Pls take it easy, I know u will definitely find a suitable buyer for ur item.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by Skywalker5(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2007
I dont get it undecided The person is trying to scam you shocked and you believe the person is from Nigeria cry

Na wa oooo

Is it only Nigeria that is guilty of this crimes?

Next time Madam try putting the list of suspected countries on your list scam including your united kingdom too(you know they are also guilty too)

You guys just conclude that Everything is Nigeria when it concern scam and you all know the truth that there are some countries that are more corrupt that us

Make una no dey rubbish Nigeria anyhow
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by naijacutee(f): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2007
Skywalker and crazykid my brothers, I appreciate your patriotism - I am a patriotic Nigerian myself but I know my people when I jam them. Here is the e-mail he sent me after "buying" my item.

[b]Compliment of the Season,I am mr Eddy williams from Uk, ,but presently i am in australia , for a church serminer.I saw your item below and i will like to buy it for my son, in Africa as a surprise gift for him  in oxbridge university, Nigeria  Do not worry about the shipping ,  i will like the package to be ship out via First class Royalmail ,and i will,  pay up with the shipping charges £50.00 , i would have prefer to send you a cheque but simply because i want you to ship the item out as soon as posible, i will be sending you payment via PayPal,so make sure you pack up the item for shipment , Am off to church as soon as i get back from church i will mail out your payment , And kindly send me your PayPal  Email Address .so i can make out your Payment , You can ship the item as soon as you recieve the paypal confirmation from paypal,
Thanks hope to hear from you soon ,
Eddy williams.
Below is my recievers contact address,
NAME: , OBOBHASE WILLIAMS
ADDRESS: , NO 10 OBA AKINJOBI ST.
CITY:,  IKEJA
STATE:,  LAGOS STATE
ZIP CODE: , 23401   

I re-listed the item and another stupid accomplice from the same street "bought" the item again! I am so mad right now. . . £10 in listing fees gone!! God will punish these people and I will definitely take this case up and report these criminals to the EFCC. Zero tolerance!!! Here is the email #2 I got on top of this one phone! Can someone not sell a brand new phone again in peace? Now I understand why these oyinbo people look at us suspiciously. . .

Hello Seller,

Thanks for your bussiness,  I have made out my payment to you for this item purchase. Including the shipping cost which is 50 gbp So you can afford to have it Shipped out with the courier service ( 1st Class Global EMS Express Via Ups mail 1st class via  Usps-Services). You can shipped out the item as soon as you receive the confirmation mail from PayPal. Make sure you send the Shipment tracking number to PayPal through the confirmation you got for verification so they can release the funds to your account immediately after you drop it off. you are to ship and send the shipment tracking number  to easy_online_tracking@accountant.com  for verification
then your account will be updated,

HERE'S THE RECIEVER INFORMATION:
Name,  emeka  chukwu
Address, No 5 oba akinjobi

City, Ikeja
Zip code, 23401
State, Lagos
Country, Nigeria
phone, 234-802845300

mrs stella  beck

Do you still think I'm pointing accusing fingers for no reason? 
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by McOmo(m): 4:20am On Sep 10, 2007
Buncha idiots ! God go punish dem and all their generations . .
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by dafman(m): 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2007
Sorry o!, that's definitely naija guys at work. Damn, these dudes are everywhere. They make things difficult for the honest Nigerians out there. Too bad.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by creamdream: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2007
419 is part of life, but its time we start bustint scammers, we can fight back!! yes with common sense, if you are greedy, you will always fall for them, BE CAREFULL!!
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by ThugLife1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2007
OMG grin grin grin
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by ThugLife1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2007
Make sure you get cash in hand before selling
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2007
Considering PayPal doesnt have Nigeria listed, Im confused

Since YOU are set up with Paypal, he shouldnt need your address, all the info should be there as soon as he buys the item unless Ebay in the uK is completely different.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2007
I never sell any of my items to anyone in Nigeria. I've had similar experiences, I just delete the bids, and block them from making any more.

I've been automobile parts / sccessories for 5 years, and have never been caught out by 419ers. Some HAVE come on, with obvious Nigerian names, poorly scripted emails, asking me my "last price", and could I send the item to their wife's aunts brother etc in Israel, as it's a surprise. LMFAO.

The "last price" often clinches the fact it's a Nigerian 419er, despite the fact sometimes their name's given as "Mark Smith"! grin cheesy grin cheesy

Some even offer to pay via Western Union", twice the value, saying the extra's for shipping! grin grin grin
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2007
naijacutee,
You can set up your auction with buy it now and immediate payment required. This ensures that anyone buying your item will also pay for it through paypal at the same time. You can also change your settings in your ebay account to deny bids from countries which you do not want to ship to. Make sure you also set your paypal account to accept payments from confirmed addresses only. This gives you seller protection from paypal in case of a credit card charge back.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by felixweah(m): 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2007
Na u fall mugu ,why do you send the iteems to him without cash at hands?sorry oooo
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by DisGuy: 3:44am On Dec 30, 2007
felixweah:

Na u fall mugu ,why do you send the iteems to him without cash at hands?sorry oooo

actually she didn't fall for it, she incurred some charges though as the item was listed as buy-it-now
and the main point of selling on ebay is to make it easy for trustworthy people to buy and sell
just click and go, you don't have to worry or cross check a thousand times before you send your items
I wonder why people make very simple things complicated

this is a good suggestion though

kmcutez:

naijacutee,
You can set up your auction with buy it now and immediate payment required. This ensures that anyone buying your item will also pay for it through paypal at the same time. You can also change your settings in your ebay account to deny bids from countries which you do not want to ship to. Make sure you also set your paypal account to accept payments from confirmed addresses only. This gives you seller protection from paypal in case of a credit card charge back.
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by naijacutee(f): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2007
Thank you, my brother DisGuy!!
Re: I'm So Angry Right Now - Someone Is Trying To 419 Me On Ebay by Horus(m): 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2007
The Nigerian scammers spend hours in internet cafes scamming people from around the world.If you look up words like[b] "Nigeria, Nigerian scam"[/b] on the internet, you will see this is worldwide and not unique to ebay.
Nigeria is not a paypal country and its always a scam where nigeria is concerned
you need this info: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=redalligator1

(1) (Reply)

Business U Can Do On Campus As A Student&make Quick Money In Nigeria / 26 Jobs You Can Do With Little Or No Startup Capital / Quick Teller Paypoint POS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.