Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry (29161 Views)

Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Help! What Do I Do With My Ancestry? / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Taharka29(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hell no Igbo's are not of mixed Ancestry, even if they mixed in the time of slavery it has now been diluted. Light skin and good looks does not make on mixed.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^that Jewish ancestry is why most of you guys have light skin in the first place.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Tosinville(m): 11:29am On Nov 22, 2011
What kind of dumb thread is this, man? i aint Igbo but an original yoruba guy & 3 of my siblings, my mama even my girl are yorubas & light skins, means they are jewish heritage too? holy fuckadelic.

Small time we go hear those igbo women with beards, lil moustache & hairy cleavages are partly ape descendants from palestinians, no more talk abeg igbo ppl we hear from una if be jew truly.

Sincerely, i've never since an igbo folk that look like one before in my entire life unlike some Northern & Eastern parts of African that still have this arabs features with their looks,
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Nnenna1(f): 2:25am On Nov 23, 2011
Tosinville:

What kind of dumb thread is this, man? i aint Igbo but an original yoruba guy & 3 of my siblings, my mama even my girl are yorubas & light skins, means they are jewish heritage too? holy fuckadelic.

Small time we go hear those igbo women with beards, lil moustache & hairy cleavages are partly ape descendants from palestinians, no more talk abeg igbo ppl we hear from una if be jew truly.

Sincerely, i've never since an igbo folk that look like one before in my entire life unlike some Northern & Eastern parts of African that still have this arabs features with their looks,

The person who started this thread is Yoruba like you - no need to throw unnecessary insults.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ grin
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by tpia5: 1:11am On Nov 30, 2011
obviously a lot of nigerians have mixed ancestry which they may or may not be aware of, but i believe the incidence is higher as you head towards the east [includes midwest].

northerners also have mixed ancestry but i dont think they're unaware of it for the most part.

the southern one is probably from white/arab/non-black males in times past, hence the silence.

if the non-black admixture were from the mother, it would be more acknowledged.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by pleep(m): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2011
No tribe in Nigeria is significantly mixed except perhaps the fulani, but even they may not be.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by tpia5: 1:21am On Nov 30, 2011
^^you know very little about nigeria so i'd advise you to stick to learning about your hometown instead of putting mouth in things that dont concern you.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by pleep(m): 5:16am On Nov 30, 2011
Were is your proof that the tribes of Nigeria are mixed?

Just because a few people have light skin or similar words to another language does not mean they are mixed.

And why do some of you people want to be mixed so bad anyway ?

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:59am On Dec 01, 2011
pleep:

No tribe in Nigeria is significantly mixed except perhaps the fulani, but even they may not be.

The Fuulbe are not mixed. you are kust sayng that because they have light skin tones. this is not a BLACK AND WHITE WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by pleep(m): 4:08am On Dec 01, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

The Fuulbe are not mixed. you are kust sayng that because they have light skin tones. this is not a BLACK AND WHITE WORLD.
Don't insult me. If u wanted to know why i thought the fulani[i] might [/i]be mixed you could have asked, and i would have told you its because they are nomads, and nomadic peoples are often very mixed.

light skin doesnt = mixed i tell people that all the time.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:56am On Dec 02, 2011
pleep:

Don't insult me. If u wanted to know why i thought the fulani[i] might [/i]be mixed you could have asked, and i would have told you its because they are nomads, and nomadic peoples are often very mixed.

light skin doesnt = mixed i tell people that all the time.

#1 i didnt insult you but you are forcing me to now. angry angry angry angry

it is very lame explanation you gave there that just because they are nomads, they must be mixed. undecided
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^tHErE iS mIXtURe iN eVeRY tRiBe BUT mORe iN tHe eASt oF nIgERiA^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Edomaala: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
It is a well know fact that the jews originated from ala igbo full stop grin
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2012
[size=35pt]Are the Igbo's of Nigeria MGM mixed like African-Americans & Carribeans?[/size]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T7MF9N4TULPIM2RIN ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[size=35pt]Ibo/Igbo (mixed or not)[/size]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TLM94PT1L849IS96D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by BlackPikiN(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^^You are a resounding f00l!
Get a cure soonest or esle you will be a forgotten history.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by OneNaira6: 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2012
Ybutterfly

you keep bump up this your thread, u no tire yet?
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by babsjnr(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
Igbo jews is false

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^iGbOs h@vE jEwIsH bLOOd^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 17, 2012
MegaMan87: grin grin grin The Igbo are such a shameless bunch. They really are. They try their hardest to claim everything. I'm sure the Igbo will be claiming that they are oyinbo soon enough grin. The only thing Jews & Igbos have in common is that they are both experts at stealing other people's money. Most are crooks & stingy!!!

ROTFLMAOOOO!

NL is a funny forum, I tell ya. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 17, 2012
Tosinville: What kind of dumb thread is this, man? i aint Igbo but an original yoruba guy & 3 of my siblings, my mama even my girl are yorubas & light skins, means they are jewish heritage too? holy fuckadelic.

Bwhahahahahahahaha!! shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad

Nigeria is a vile country, thank God I wasn't raised there... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2012
99.9%Igbo never claimed any ridiculous jewish ancestry; The only reason why ppl try to connect us to the jews is because of some characteristics we share with them....Jews never used to have kings,they had priest like king leaders that shepered them before they developed the king system....Igbos are shrewed business men just like the jews,Igbos suffered persecution by the Nigerians with help from the western world but today Igbo are probably the richest ethnic group in Africa.
Those light skin Igbos are not mixed because they still have their African features....80% of Igbo families has at least one light skin woman in their midst.
Ybuttefly need to stop this hate...Tosinvile need to chill....You guys give Igbos too much credit. Fact is that Igbos are very unique group if you look from outside.

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^^wH@tEvER^^^^^^^^^ kiss
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
^^^^^^^ grin ^^^^^^^
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Malawian(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ybutterfly: ^^^^^^^^that Jewish ancestry is why most of you guys have light skin in the first place.
exactly! Igbos being light skinned might be a product of recessive genes. We trace our ancestry to a certain ERI (at least' anambra igbos. Imo igbos like the aros trace theirs to a certain ARODI. Both eri and arodi are brothers and sons of a certain GAD. Gad is one of the sons of jacob(israel) Through leah's handmaid biliah. Now jacob is shemite (white), But biliah's ethnicity is not known. She very well could be a hammite(black) as blacks were more likely to have been a handmaid! If this analogy is correct, then it is safe to say the reason for igbo lightskinnes is as a result of jacobs recessive genes as black genes are medically dorminant!

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
Malawian: exactly! Igbos being light skinned might be a product of recessive genes. We trace our ancestry to a certain ERI (at least' anambra igbos. Imo igbos like the aros trace theirs to a certain ARODI. Both eri and arodi are brothers and sons of a certain GAD. Gad is one of the sons of jacob(israel) Through leah's handmaid biliah. Now jacob is shemite (white), But biliah's ethnicity is not known. She very well could be a hammite(black) as blacks were more likely to have been a handmaid! If this analogy is correct, then it is safe to say the reason for igbo lightskinnes is as a result of jacobs recessive genes as black genes are medically dorminant!

^^^^^^^^^^wOw^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by coolzeal(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
NOOOOOO...we are not mixed with anything or anybody or with another race. We're Igbos, pure blacks if you want to put it that way just like any other Africans..

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by OneNaira6: 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
Malawian: exactly! Igbos being light skinned might be a product of recessive genes. We trace our ancestry to a certain ERI (at least' anambra igbos. Imo igbos like the aros trace theirs to a certain ARODI. Both eri and arodi are brothers and sons of a certain GAD. Gad is one of the sons of jacob(israel) Through leah's handmaid biliah. Now jacob is shemite (white), But biliah's ethnicity is not known. She very well could be a hammite(black) as blacks were more likely to have been a handmaid! If this analogy is correct, then it is safe to say the reason for igbo lightskinnes is as a result of jacobs recessive genes as black genes are medically dorminant!

mschewwwwww stop peddling lies

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Malawian(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ All, pls, the ERI in our lore, where did he come from? Dont tell me he dropped from the ski like oduduwa! Ever heard of the term "mgbe-eri" or "erimgbe"? Pls there is nothing sacrosant about race! Nobody has been able to explain why igbos tend to be light skinned than other africans.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ptolomeus(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
pleep: What is so beautiful about dancing with human skulls on your head? This is why people have such a negative veiw of paganism.

I do not know if that is beautiful or not ... but they are traditions.
You may not like that dance. You know it's all a matter of taste.
Some people prefer to kneel before a statue of plaster, while others prefer to read the Jewish Bible, which taught them to read the European masters, or the Koran that taught them to read the Arab masters ...
Everything is a matter of taste ...
That's part of something called TRADITION AND CULTURE
A matter of choice
I prefer this dance, and other things.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
^^^^^^hMMMMMM
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by itstpia1: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
well, its highly likely imo.

but it doesnt mean the mixture is only from white or western sources.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This White Man Speaks Edo, Benin Language But Has Never Been To Nigeria (Video) / Get To Know The Nok Culture, Nigeria’s Oldest Known Civilization (pics) / Soninke (serahule) People And Ghana Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.