Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry (29159 Views)

Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Help! What Do I Do With My Ancestry? / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by naijaamer9: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
Igbo women tend to be hairy yes! U can thank Ancient Israeli and Moroccan Jewish gene for this nonsense. ..look it up its call CAH (cogenital adrenal hyperplasia) usually caused by lack of an enzyme called 11B-hydroxylase or 21-hydroxylase deficiency . It causes virilization/hirsutism which is most common in Mediterranean, middle eastern and south Asian women and u can see this in igbo woman as well. It is autosomal recessive and It's running rampant among the igbo gene pool just like it does in the Moroccan jew at 1 out of every 70!. Also r1b is a frequent y-haploid DNA group around the nigerian /Cameroonian boarder (the east). All u have to do is Google images of r1b and u will clearly see that these people shared the same papa with those in Lebanon,Russia and western Europe thousands of years ago. R1b is a mutation that occurred in Russia and lebanon and it got back to Africa by a back to Africa migration. ... I guess igbos really are descended of ancient jews. The DNA evidence is surmounting. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2014
The first page of this thread is hilarious
Perhaps, there is a miscommunication somewhere.

I see a lot of igbo's on this forum who claim "igbo's are descendants of the Jews and they seem proud of it. undecided

Confused people.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 01, 2014
Nnenna1:

Why are you focusing so much on this topic of Igbos being mixed? The VAST majority of Igbos do not claim jews. I wonder why no one is harping on Yorubas for their claims of Middle-Eastern Origins (Mecca) Or Hausas speaking an Afro-Asiatic Language.

Why aren't Edos hounded for having people who look like Modupe Ozolua (who by the way, is the most mixed looking full Nigerian I've ever seen)?

Seriously the double-standard with Igbos in this forum is enough to make someone burst a nerve.

You really need to read more on Modupe Ozolua. That woman is the queen of cosmetic surgery in Nigeria. She has had some work done on herself, which includes her nose, probably botox and depigmented her skin. Hence the "mixed" look.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by tpiadotcom: 3:43am On Jul 22, 2015
pleep:
Were is your proof that the tribes of Nigeria are mixed?

Just because a few people have light skin or similar words to another language does not mean they are mixed.

light skin is not always an indicator of admixture, and dark skin is not always an indicator of non admixture.

And why do some of you people want to be mixed so bad anyway ?

black is whack and white is right.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 27, 2015
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This White Man Speaks Edo, Benin Language But Has Never Been To Nigeria (Video) / Get To Know The Nok Culture, Nigeria’s Oldest Known Civilization (pics) / Where Yoruba And Igbo Peoples Meet - Ugbodu, Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.