Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,587 members, 7,770,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

The Striker Named Chrisantus! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Striker Named Chrisantus! (3015 Views)

Macaulay Chrisantus And His Elephant Age / 23 Year Old Macauley Chrisantus Has Signed A Deal With Turkish Super Lig Outfit / Seven English Clubs Battling To Sign Striker Macauley Chrisantus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Striker Named Chrisantus! by funshiba(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2007
GUYZ/LOVERS OF FOOTBALL!!!!

HIN DON TAY WEY NAIJA GET STRKER, i mean natural striker like the guy. i don care wat anyone say bout the age (we are not their motherz).

i mean the guyz positionnig is awesome, i pray and hope he gets a great club where he will improve and take his position (no 9) for the super eagles.

go chrisantus!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by McOmo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2007
God bless u 4 creating dis thread ! U beat me to it . . . Wenger, what r u waiting for ? Grab dis dude fastttt !
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by tosinadeda: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2007
His goal sense is amazing as in no gra gra
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by ayusman16(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2007
Just like Henry, calm and calculative, he said ex-igwe na him role model!
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by mukina2: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2007
why not post a link about the guy undecided
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by tboy1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2007
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by tosinadeda: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2007
Tboy abeg tel me wut d story is,my fone cant load it
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by tboy1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2007
Natural-born strikers always share some qualities: an ability to be in the right place at the right time, a keen eye for the goal, and a cool finishing touch under pressure. At the tender age of 17, Nigeria's Macauley Chrisantus seems to have all these already.

Having scored four goals during the African qualifiers in Togo in March, Chrisantus bagged five more - including two braces against Japan and Haiti - during the group stage at Korea 2007. Although his scoring run came to a short stop in the Round of 16 clash with Colombia, the No9 found the net against Argentina to become the best scorer of the tournament so far.

However, the FC Abuja forward is not satisfied yet and has set his sights higher. "There's no limit for me," he told FIFA.com. "I want to score as many goals as I can, maybe 8 to 9 goals."

That would probably be just enough for him to win the Golden Boot in this competition and lead the Golden Eaglets to winning a third world crown on 9 September. But before that, the Nigerians have to face a tough challenge in the shape of Germany.

Team work and divine strength
"Whoever our next opponents will be, we have confidence in our team because we have no weakness," explains Chrisantus. "We always play as a team, and as a family."

That said, the Golden Eaglets could not have made it to the last four so easily if Chrisantus was not there. "But I couldn't have scored so many goals without the help from my team-mates," says the striker who also had two assists to help his team-mates in return.

An admirer of Thierry Henry, the Eaglet has scored all of six goals with his right foot but he does not want to resemble his idol so closely. "Well, my role model is myself," smiles Chrisantus. "I'd love to play for (Henry's former club) Arsenal, where young players with talent grow into real professionals, but for now I have to develop my own game."

While he is trying to establish his game and mix his talent in harmony with his team-mates, there is another factor behind Nigeria's success so far. It is almost impossible to imagine them playing without their supporters, who were virtually everywhere, even when Nigeria visited Korea for the first time in June for the Eight Nations tournament.

And Chrisantus admits there is nothing to fear, with the Nigerian fans following their game and cheering up the Golden Eaglets with familiar tunes. They have been traveling all the way from Gwangyang to Jeju and then from Cheonan to Suwon with a brass band.

"The famous song is called Oyachukunogaja which means 'God is our strength.' It's true that the fans have helped us a lot during the games and we want to win the trophy for them. That's our target."
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by mukina2: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2007
@ tboy
thanks cheesy
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by teeroy(m): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2007
always nice to see a young player make such an impact on the global stage, especially when he is a product of naija. The dude has had the best of starts for any Nigerian striker. No Nigerian striker has manged to score 7 goals in a FIFA competition(not counting beach soccer). All the guy needs now is good grooming and an HONEST AGENT  that will have his footballing interest at heart. This guy will go places with our green shirt.
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by tosinadeda: 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2007
Thanks tboy.
Mukl wetin u think,d guy go like come arsenal
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by teeroy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2007
there are other clubs out there with an eye for talent too. not just arsenal.
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by champredd(m): 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2007
He has so far tallied 7 goals, this man na the new face of Naija soccer
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by ayusman16(m): 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2007
lets just hope d press, bad agents and pride wont run him down, remember Opabunmi, Bathlomew Ogbechie sad sad
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by mukina2: 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2007
tosinadeda:

Thanks tboy.
Mukl wetin u think,d guy go like come arsenal

maybe . .it all depends . .i just pray hedoesnt make the wrong choice and go to teams where he'll be burnt out embarassed cheesy
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by ow11(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2007
I am so happy for Chrisantus but I wish the team produced a good right back and maybe a good defensive midfielder.

Our National team is weak in those areas but we have a plethora of strikers
Martins
Yakubu
Utaka
Kanu
Odemwingie
Ishiaku
Ogunsoto
Anichebe
Aghahowa
Okoronkwo
Nsofor
Ogbuke
Promise and now Chrisantus
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by 9ja4eva: 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2007
The guy is just too much.

What a talent if well nurtured

He is sure on his way to Manchester United

The guy dey score like say 2moro no dey

Chai
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by Fimmy(m): 1:34am On Sep 08, 2007
the guy is just too good, i trust Wenger , he will do soemthing about him
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by 9ja4eva: 6:44am On Sep 08, 2007
Na SAF go grab am first
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by A40(m): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2007
The guy says his heart is at Arsenal grin but we need to be sure about his real age lol
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by 9ja4eva: 3:05am On Sep 10, 2007
The guy dey demo.When we enter market for am we would get him
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2007
The revelation of the tournament called Toni Kroos coming to inherit the number 10 jersey heard he just finished high school
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by Banderas(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2007
The question is: Is he young
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by eldee(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2007
for goodness sake he just finished high school, he can't be more than 20
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by A40(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2007
Those foreigners use their real ages just check their academy tournaments you need to see that Man Utd tournament to understand what i mean
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2007
As for those germans they are all young and U-17 Kroos for example just finished school what you would expect from a 17 year old not a 17 year old that has played in the Nigerian league for 5 years.
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by ayusman16(m): 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2007
i pity all of una wey dey think say whitemen na saint, they are only technologically dubious n cheat dats d difference; na wetin dem take pass us, if u dont know now u know, pple who would never see anythin good in our victory. As far as am concerned those boys are under 17 until somebody proves to me beyond all reasonable doubt dat they r not, grin grin grin
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by 9ja4eva: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2007
Leave black men

They think white people are saints.
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by RuuDie(m): 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2007
Hmmm. . . . . Chrisanthus

good presence in the vital area, workaholic, knows exactly where the goal is, good anticipation, hard worker. . . .

no skill, mobilty very poor, not particularly quick thinking, not very fast, no good in 1-on-1 situations. . . . .

well, he's still 17, he can improve!
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by folem: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2007
Banderas:

The question is: Is he young

Very Young Indeed!

But I think he should go straight to Super Eagles so that he can be better nurtured.

Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by AWenger2(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2007
is this guy am looking at below 17? Anyway,that wont stop me from giving him a trial.
Re: The Striker Named Chrisantus! by ayusman16(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2007
fake ass wenger! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pool Fixed Ultimate Key / Photos From Aba Half Marathon / 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.