Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank (7012 Views)

Men Alleged To Have Trailed Jonathan's Convoy Released From Police Custody (Pic) / Most Boko Haram Weapons Are Stolen From The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by alimantain(f): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
Hopes of scores of policemen in Lagos State, southwest Nigeria, to receive their September salaries were dashed this morning as the N11.7 million meant for their salaries has been stolen.

P.M.NEWS investigation this morning revealed that the money was stolen from the Nigerian Police Force Micro Finance Bank situated within Ikeja Police College at GRA.

The money was paid into the bank on Friday yet there was no sign of burglary when it was discovered missing this morning.

When P.M.NEWS visited the bank today at about 10.1 5 a.m., a large number of policemen who stormed the bank were disappointed as they could not collect their salary.

They were directed to go to another branch of the microfinance bank at Obalende for the payment of their salaries.

When P.M.NEWS attempted to speak with the manager at the Microfinance Bank, he declined to comment on the incident.

When contacted on phone, Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Samuel Jinadu said he was driving.

At the bank located at the back of the office of the Commandant of the Police College, P.M.NEWS correspondents saw police detectives attached to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, investigating the incident.

Before the N11.7 million simply grew wings and disappeared between last Friday and yesterday, corruption cases had been reported and investigated at the Police College.

Police sources told P.M.NEWS that officers who attended promotion courses from the rank of Inspector to Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, were compelled to pay N7,000 each.

The officers are said to be divided into three batches. A batch has up to 15,000 policemen and there could be three of such batches for the promotion course that lasts only three weeks.

Our source said Constables and Corporals are also compelled to pay at least N5,000 each before they are allowed to take part in promotion courses.

P.M.NEWS learnt that because of these alleged sharp practices, policemen now lobby to work at the Police College.

The corruption allegations at the college are being investigated by a panel headed by ACP Noah Adesanyin. Other members of the panel are CSP Emmanuel Ighodalo, a former Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, and four high ranking police officers.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/04/police-salary-stolen-from-police-bank/

This is the height of it in Nigeria grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Kx: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2011
This is it
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2011
chai! lwkmd! grin grin grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by TheMatrix3: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
One cop crimes deserves another, I dey laff o!
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by sylve11: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2011
Oh my world! lol! grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by mashnino(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2011
i have seen things in this country ooo
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by talktrue1(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2011
why should they keep such money if there is no electronic security to watch the environment. moreso, are they meant to pay cash to the officers instead of cheque?
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by moremi2008(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2011
Why are thieves stealing from one another?

1 Like

Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by 1forall: 11:47am On Oct 05, 2011
Nigeria Police business? Why should I give a hoot? Kmt!
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Bestglo(f): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2011
Double wahala for dead body grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by ak47mann(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2011
what a country!!!
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by PurestBoy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
Not surprised grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2011
Must be a very very brave criminal to steal from police bank
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Pricelesss(f): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
Its Naija baby, Anyfin absolutely anyfin can happen. Even the Former head of state Obasanjo fit be Robber, Anyway is one grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by jerryice(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2011
****SMH********** grin

Nigeria

way forward?!?!?

they should use the 50 50 niaran dey have been collecting to replace it,

hehehe cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by DisGuy: 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2011
I pity the motoris this month!

Na una go pay for am!! grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Exponental(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
grin
i laffd in pidgin english yesterday evenin wen i saw d pm news headline.

N11.7m, with such amt, its obvious dat d money is 4 low ranked officers. I pity them.
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by daylae(m): 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
Money gat wings o! Make dem question the pol. comm wella. I dey suspect that boi.
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by iaabc(f): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
wonders shall not cease!
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by eghost247(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2011
na we go suffer am
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by juman(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
talk true:

why should they keep such money if there is no electronic security to watch the environment. moreso, are they meant to pay cash to the officers instead of cheque?

Yes, why keeping it there while there was no adequate security?

The money was paid into the bank on Friday yet there was no sign of burglary when it was discovered missing this morning.

The money developed wing.
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by iaabc(f): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
eghost, are you a bus driver or an okada man? Just asking grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by iaabc(f): 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2011
juman:

Yes, why keeping it there while there was no adequate security?

The money developed wing.

which other security apart from police now?
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by badmrkt(m): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2011
who tif d moni na?abeg mek him carri am go gve dem.our police go hopeless die.i pity dem
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Domwiz4all(m): 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hahahaha Thief don Thief Thief money.
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by yimzy(f): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2011
i pity people that are living in that area cus their taxation will increase,  sad
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by snthesis(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2011
shocked shockedgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Gbawe: 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2011
Do you guys now see why we all should support the drive of SLS for a cashless society? Paying folks with cash and cheques in this day and age of electronic transfer and sophisticated automated payroll systems? What da f.u.ck. We are always reactionary in Nigeria and hardly ever proactive. Sad. Truly sad.
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by wale4x35(m): 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2011
Bestglo:

Double wahala for dead body  grin

And the owner of deady body  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Konjour(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2011
WTF!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Don't know why,but anytime i see a Nigerian Policeque headline,i always have this ready-made laugh coming up.

grin grin grin grin Guess the toll collections just got doubled officially. grin grin grin A robber in the Bank is provoking enough already,but when the bank

belongs to the Police,then you know the NPF is a Super-Joke. grin grin grin embarassed embarassed undecided embarassed
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by cryingbaby: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2011
The 9ja police self na criminal branch, how come's 11.7million just miss Hahahahaha, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this one 2much Banks should watch out the kind of police they deploy to there branches.
Re: Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
Advice to anyone, do not drive pass that place, because police are not smiling grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback: Dubai Slay Queen Thanks Nigerian Politicians For Corruption Money / Governor Abba Yusuf Says Commissioner Nominees Must Declare Their Assets / INEC fixes September, November 2024 for Edo, Ondo guber elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.