Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) (1950 Views)

Why PDP Needs An Edo V.p Candidate Come 2019 / What The Electoral Acts Says About The Death Of A Candidate / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Maisuya1: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
I have observed that in other democracies the youths constitute a formidable political bloc which every politician wants to court,

In 9ja the youths are plagued with division, infighting, ignorance, fighting outdated battles, So please I appeal to the south, east, north, and even center youths let's act like other youths in this age of globalisation and not let our political class play us as if we r cards,

So let's start by suggesting youthful potential candidates for 2015. Pls feel free to put in your candidates then we argue them down to one (no insults)

I hereby nominate mall. Elrufai, gov fashola, and mal. SLS (PS. I put ngozi on a performance probation list.)

Let's hear yours,
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by aljharem3: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
I would go for fashola as he is the best candidate around. SLS is not bad as well
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Maisuya1: 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2011
I agree SLS has a strong character and so far looks incorruptible, buf fashola is a better politician who better understand the murky waters of 9ja politics
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by White007(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2011
Hmm . . . .2015?

If Nigeria is still one entity by then. . . . .Only time will tell.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Maisuya1: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2011
Chairman a beg if u wan discuss 9ja unity, start ur own thread, Pls this is about the youths, their choice and reasons thereof. So Biko, buzz off.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by White007(m): 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
Oh Sorry, I am out in a jiffy. Didn't know this thread was open for you Fulani/Hausa warriors.  undecided
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by aljharem3: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
Mai-suya:

I agree SLS has a strong character and so far looks incorruptible, buf fashola is a better politician who better understand the murky waters of 9ja politics

I agree with you. Also I would just like to add

I don't think Ngozi got what it takes to rule this country.

Infact looking at Rochas now, he is not a bad candidate at all. Although I would not want him to be the president, probably VP to fashola or Sanusi.

Rochas looks more like a philanthropist than a progressive. What I mean is that, he is a good person with a good heart but does not look like a planner per-say

Ngozi does not tick it for me
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by aljharem3: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
White007:

Oh Sorry, I am out in a jiffy. Didn't know this thread was open for you Fulani/Hausa warriors.  undecided
hausa/fulani warriors

when the title said Nigerians undecided

anyway, what is ur take ?
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by White007(m): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^ My take? Hmm. . . . I will prefer to wait till 2015.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by lagcity(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2011
Ohakim for President 2015! screw all u bi.tches tongue tongue
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Maisuya1: 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
lagcity:

Ohakim for President 2015! screw all u bi.tches tongue tongue
I guess my fellow nigerians r not used to instructions
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by lagcity(m): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^^^^
wetin dey do this guy sef? Is Ohakim not a youthful presidential candidate? or isn't that your instruction? abeg comot for here
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Maisuya1: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2011
I meant the insult part, Pls always read the instruction in full. Even in exams,
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Maisuya1: 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
By the way am not too familiar with ohakims achievement perhaps u can educate us more,
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by aljharem3: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2011
Mai-suya:

By the way am not too familiar with ohakims achievement perhaps u can educate us more,

the man was a villain that sucked Imo state dry
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by lagcity(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
Mai-suya:

I meant the insult part, Pls always read the instruction in full. Even in exams,

oh i see. sorry. but it is our campaign slogan.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by lagcity(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

the man was a villain that sucked Imo state dry

haba, Mai Gida! don't you fear God? have u ever been to Imo state b4. pls stop the propaganda.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
lagcity:

haba, Mai Gida! don't you fear God? have u ever been to Imo state b4. pls stop the propaganda.

So he was a hero then ?

and that is why he was not relected
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by BIGERBOY1: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
I go fo babangida aliyu, although he talks too much and has his flaws, he is capable of taking life changing decisions,
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by lagcity(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

So he was a hero then ?

and that is why he was not relected

look, the guy was way ahead of his time and ppl sometimes dont appreciate that cheesy. Did Ibori not use two terms? Is Ibori a hero?
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by wesley80(m): 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^ Lagcity abi na wetin be your name, pls step aside and let the Northerners have a civil discussion. I and i believe a whole lot of folks would love to know what an average northern youth makes of the political future of this country. This is about as close as we might get to 'overhearing' a conversation between our Northern brothers.
Oya jare my people, make una continue
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by igbo2011(m): 12:36am On Oct 05, 2011
President: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Vice Presdient: Babatunde Fashola
Governor of CBN: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by nwaafor87: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ Lagcity abi na wetin be your name, pls step aside and let the Northerners have a civil discussion. I and i believe a whole lot of folks would love to know what an average northern youth makes of the political future of this country. This is about as close as we might get to 'overhearing' a conversation between our Northern brothers.
Oya jare my people, make una continue
   NOTHERN ANUOFIAS, ! just a matter of time ODUM JUDAH will definatetly send u packing from this land and back 2 the desert where u came from and u are here talking about election and 2015. thats only if this geographical nonsense called nigeria wil last till then.  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by maclatunji: 10:36am On Oct 05, 2011
You are just wasting your time. Most Nigerians will vote for anybody no matter how incompetent once he can give them money.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Gbawe: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2011
It is easy to choose the Nigerian President if only Nigerians will ever show political sophistication to base their choice solely on the administrative history and efficacy of potential candidates. We love gambling too much in Nigeria because of our penchant for making very serious decisions influenced by sentiments and religious/ethnic bias. If we view  things logically and scientifically, as obtains elsewhere, then the choices of good Presidential material are very obvious. GEJ, for example, would never have qualified to be where he is today if we are conversant with world trends that requires undoubted proven competence and a tried and tested history of solutions provision for those who aspire to top office.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by Gbawe: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2011
maclatunji:

You are just wasting your time. Most Nigerians will vote for anybody no matter how incompetent once he can give them money.

correct my brother!!! When we have a polity happy to disregard the administrative history of those they are willing to vote for then we will alway get mediocre Presidents. Fashola, SLS, Ribadu, Buhari et al will likely not win because the elite will not want these folks in charge and Nigerians themselves are not sophisticated enough to ensure the emergence of any of those men. The elites will simply select the next stooge. The "boy with no shoes" spin (GEJ) and "most fiscally responsible Governor in Nigeria" yarn (Yar Adua) will do the rest in bamboozling a politically naive polity. Alooter continua.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by hakanai(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
My choice is with the following
El rufai
Rochas
Ken Nnamani
Soludo
Fashola
ROtimi Amechi
Sule Lamido gov jigawa
Ekwerenmadu
Ndume
They could manage the affairs of Nigeria.We are tired of ex-military for now and i prefer opposition or rogue PDP members who tell the truth.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by BIGERBOY1: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2011
^^^
yes nigerian elite lack sophistication, but I tell u the youths are only being naive while others hve never expirienced good governance before much less make sacrifice for it, hence once.there is real debate among youths about virtues of candidates, those with independent mind can have an alternative to perspective to d ever vernomous daily ethnic rants on NL,

in my view GEJ is not a bad person but a weak person, and to me thats worst,
I ve seen a few sugestions from the north and sowth west, I wonder who do we have from the south east,
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by PointB: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2011
haka_nai:

My choice is with the following
El rufai corrupt, inefficient, bigot, attack dog, arrogant, a complete idi0t
Rochas
Ken Nnamani
Soludo too technocratic
Fashola (provided he distances himself from the baggage tinubu)
ROtimi Amechi
Sule Lamido gov jigawa
Ekwerenmadu (recycled alot)
Ndume don't know him
They could manage the affairs of Nigeria.We are tired of ex-military for now and i prefer opposition or rogue PDP members who tell the truth.

And people should stop calling Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, only the core North and Jihadists will vote for such bigot;

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is more than capable of ruling Nigeria, likewise Rochas

Fashola (even without Tinubu) wont be a good sale; SW simply will have to wait - political expediency.

2015 will be a straight fight between the politically marginalized SE and the born-to-rule North;
Sentiments, tribalism, and religion will play a very critical role; and yes we the youth will be at the forefront of all these.

So sorry to burst your bubbles, being called youth does not isolate one from reality; after all it is the Northern youth that are killing people in Jos and bombing Nigeria in the name of Boko Haram!

2015 fight will be Core North versus South East, if my able and very hardworking presido GEJ, decides not to throw his hat in the ring!

Rochas vs Sule Lamido probably
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by lagcity(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2011
^^^^^^
see this clown. what makes you think Ngozi would make a great president? she's not even a politician. Anyway, she's good in that finance dept but being president involves a lot more than finance. she should try to be governor of her state first.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by aljharem3: 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
PointB:

And people should stop calling Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, only the core North and Jihadists will vote for such bigot;

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is more than capable of ruling Nigeria, likewise Rochas

Fashola (even without Tinubu) wont be a good sale; SW simply will have to wait - political expediency.

2015 will be a straight fight between the politically marginalized SE and the born-to-rule North;
Sentiments, tribalism, and religion will play a very critical role; and yes we the youth will be at the forefront of all these.

So sorry to burst your bubbles, being called youth does not isolate one from reality; after all it is the Northern youth that are killing people in Jos and bombing Nigeria in the name of Boko Haram!

2015 fight will be Core North versus South East, if my able and very hardworking presido GEJ, decides not to throw his hat in the ring!

Rochas vs Sule Lamido probably

LoL @ political marginalized SE. The only section of the country marginalized right now is the SW and they are not even complaining.

The last election vote pattern was done based of tribalism which you were aware of ! So why should WE NIGERIANS MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN !!!!! It makes no sense don't you think ?

If I vote for Rochas it is based PURELY on his ability to turn the country around for good and not based on anybody claiming to be marginalized and still ;4 people in the region in the first 7 positions in the country.

Fashola is the best choice for Nigeria WITH or WITHOUT Tinubu he would get the votes that he was going to get anyway. Not like if tinubu goes, people that hate him would vote or him so what gives.

SLS is also a very good choice, The word "BIGOT" is a convenient new way of pushing Northern Muslims aside in the political roam of the country. This is not the way to build a Nation where votes are based on Religion and ethnic groups.

Ngozi is far from ruling Nigeria. Reason I said that is because she is the default prime minister now, thus she has the economic power in her hands. She can do the best for Nigeria Now that she is the prime Minister if she truly love the country.
Re: Youths Of Nigeria Let's Agree On A Candidate Come 2015 (no To Division) by realchange: 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
Soludo is the only solution.

SLS will turn Nigeria into an islamic state overnite

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Jokes: Check Out The Messages China Uses To Enforce Its One-child Policy / Home Make Over For Negelected Nigerian Flag Designer, Taiwo Akinkunmi. PICS / Just Saw Jim Iyke Undergoing Deliverance In Synagogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.