Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu (6034 Views)

Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities / Abuja Police Trains Officers, Urges Installation Of CCTV In Homes, Public Places / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by igbo2011(m): 12:20am On Oct 05, 2011
This will not work in Nigeria until everyone is Nigeria has an ID and each car license is attached to the ID.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by ak47mann(m): 12:59am On Oct 05, 2011
good development cool
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by aljharem3: 1:03am On Oct 05, 2011
igbo2011:

This will not work in Nigeria until everyone is Nigeria has an ID and each car license is attached to the ID.

+10

I remember the same in lagos, what happened to it ?
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by HighChief4(m): 2:26am On Oct 05, 2011
This a good development. Another feather added to Gov Chime's cap
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Sunofgod(m): 8:02am On Oct 05, 2011
Good development,

Does it have 'Boko Haramists' face recognition capabilities?
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by HighChief4(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by aljharem3: 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2011
Really we are not illiterate in Nigeria. I know majority of you just want to sell us Chime but on a serious note; what is the point of CCTV when we have not identification on the people.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Godmann(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2011
Elephant Project that will make minimal impact.

Waste of resources.

It show how unintelligent these fools are.

Copy carts; no originality
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by iykak47: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2011
we complain for nothing, we complain for everything. What do we really WANT from our leaders angry angry
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by samyng(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2011
High_Chief:

This a good development. Another feather added to Gov Chime's cap

[size=13pt]Good development that's why i love this town as i know they would definitely maintain it,  Enugu is well know to maintain what ever they put their money into,  Good development [/size]
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by COMPAQ(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2011
Absolutely useless without valid means of human and vehicular identification!!!
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Texther(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2011
They are coming gradually. Good development
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by norrisman: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2011
Good quality pictures and hopefully will deter crime.

But I do not understand why this has made the news or why a governor of a state should be credited witht the installation of mere CCTV.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by TenKobo1: 10:23am On Oct 06, 2011
Gross wastage of state resources just for some hopeless projects that has no way of impacting positively on the daily life of the people. First, you wonder how to sustain this in a country without proper electricity supply. Then you wonder about the cosmectic approach to solving security problems. You will agree with me that in most police stations in the state, there are no proper offices to accomodate officers, some use the shade of trees as office. there are no proper wash rooms, officers help themselves in the nearby bushes. the police patrol cars are barely in shape when there are petrol to run them. don't even talk about computers and communication equipment. Someone may say that the responsibilty for all the above mentioned fall on the federal government. Then why bother wasting this much? This shows the calibre of people running the nation, their understanding of the people's need and how they think.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2011
Whats CCTV without regular power supply. Talk about misplaced priorities.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by MARKREN: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2011
Is this a sick Joke?!!!!! Another white Elephant that will die or be continiously re-awarded when the current GOVT leaves as we have seen with the national ID card debacle (since 1970)!!!! With all the CCTV in Abuja, How many bombing has it reduced? Beautiful Nonsense!!!!!!!
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by 4Play(m): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2011
Nigerians love prestige projects. I suppose CCTV in Enugu is more important than things like pipe-borne water, health clinics and schools.

1 Like

Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by PointB: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2011
Good development, this will go a long way in preventing crime.

For those who criticize this development on the basis of not having a good database of id. Wait until a clear picture of your ugly face graces a newspaper under wanted caption with fairly good amount of reward money, then we can debate if it is deterring enough or not.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by cold(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2011
All these arm chair critics who continue to bore us with their inanities will do well to pack it in already! Is security of lives & property not at par with potable water,quality education and a functional health system?Only the thought that a camera is above you whether functional or not would make you think twice before jacking that car or abducting that child.That's why there are dummy cameras to keep you honest.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Okijajuju1(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2011
Like some intelligent people have pointed out here already, this is a "white elephant" project,

Let me educate most of you on how the CCTV technology works; You need to have a comprehensive data base of atleast most of the people in the freaking state. Now lets say a man shoots someone and its caught of CCTV, all you have is a face, No address, no prior data on him, Or say you catch a hit and run on CCTV, You have nothing because even if we call out the license plates, there is no data to tie the plates to an address or an individual, ALso power is needed, If their isnt a guaranteed 24hr uninterrupted power supply, then its also a waste, Plus you need a command center to monitor the cameras on a regular and also effective communication via radio to all the patrol units in the area to call and guide them to an incident which we do not have, So how is this supposed to work exactly? Or is he tryin to shoot a movie or host big brother ENUGU?
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by nezpablo: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2011
D governor may hav assumed dat every mind dat listen to d news wl open up a gracious mouth nd sing his praises in their joy uncointained.
In thinkin field,we are much more better than our leaders;they are busy puppet mouthing d mirage mountain of promises nd their pre-meditated propaganda as d essential of live.
Another hollow-way by which d tax payer's money will percolate into d insatiable money-bags of our parasitic personel.
Tell him,we are nt dumb-asses like his evangelistic train.
Wrong project at d wrong time!!
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by goldng: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
Misplaced Priority, Based needs should be attended to before CCTV, wink They should come up much later, Say maybe by 2050. wink
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Zechy09: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
Its appauling how everyone claims to know more than the leaders, In the western world, all CCTV is used for is to capture faces of criminals, after that is done they will put it in the news and people will identify the criminals. THEY DO NOT USE FACIAL RECOGNITION SOFTWARE FOR THAT shocked . They do not also have information on everybody because of data protection laws. Don't critisise unnecessarily!
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by TenKobo1: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
we complain for nothing, we complain for everything. What do we really WANT from our leaders

we want real scientific solutions to our real problems, not unrealistic, white elephant projects that are dreamt up to serve the interest of the propaganda machineries of some confused governors.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by MARKREN: 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2011
@ Cold I guess you live in a nice house, drive a good car and have a good job/business. So I guess the CCTV will help protect you and your family from people who do not posses all the good things you have from robbing or kidnapping you abi.

It is people like you who will tell us that all is well in Nigeria and that things are improving even when things are much worse.

Now I put this question to you. How does the CCTV improve our poor education system at all levels, mass unemployment all over the country, poor health facilities which our elected officials don't patronise, the poor power situation in the country, poorly motivated and equip ed policemen etc?

Don't kid yourself there is shortcut to solving Nigeria's problems. Installing all the CCTV cameras wont solve anything. Did all the CCTV cameras in the UK deter or prevent one of the worst riots to hit them??

And by the way is the person who posted this an agent of the State Govt?
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by llbhuds: 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2011
waste of public fund nd big rubbish
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by OkparaIgbo: 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
Good Start Gov. Chime, I dont know about any other state but the last time i visited Enugu, electricity was fairly constant in almost every area and the governor was undertaking project to push pipe borne water to every creek. Also he was already done with the readdressing of Enugu by Street and house numbers which is one thing i can categorically say we have lost in almost all part of Nigeria.
Now before i wander off too much let me state how good a project this is, If your dumb face is caught on any of the cameras in the state committing crime and put on the Newspaper with a huge reward or even no reward, that is when you will appreciate the love of people to expose crime culprits. While we shouldnt all sing his praises, i think this is a great lead in security projects in Enugu and what we should push further is the maintainence and employment of people to always monitor and have a capacity to store recorded information until it has being cross checked for crime. All in all Good step forward and haters stay away from Enugu State, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Arosa(m): 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2011
too many jaywalkers on that cctv. i see a potencial money making scheme.  wink
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by dagboss(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
Absolute nonesense. One of the Governor's cronies might have talked him into the project and his own (Gov's) egunje built into the damned project, Mr Gov gives the go-ahead whether it is useful or not. Another make me shine project that will not stand the test of time angry
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by soma042(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
woooooooooooow iv read all your comments, about installment of cctv camera. i think  all your argumennt  makes some sense in it. but we should learn  to  cultivate the  habit of being appreciative in any litle thing our govt. has done i think that will help us in a long run. what if the cctv camera is not their, will the money be shared huh? . so i think is a good idea to reduce the crime check in 042 . but chime you should pay the 18 thousand minimum salary. i think thats the right thing your poeple want now
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by atasteve: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2011
They will need to synchronise with other technologies to be able to effectively use the video captured effectively.

Well done. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. / PDP Vs APC... Be Truthful Which Is Better (check Analysis) / Nnamdi Kanu Has Killed Gov Wike’s Political Future – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.