Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa (1213 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / 3 Ex-governors Under EFCC Radar:pics / EFCC: 3 Ex-governors Who Might End Up In Jail With Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 1:36am On Oct 05, 2011
[size=14pt]3 ex-militants perform solo flight at aviation academy in S-Africa[/size]
On October 5, 2011 · In News ,
By Kenneth Ehigiator, with agency report

Johannesburg—The Federal Government’s amnesty programme appears to be yielding the desired results as three former Niger Delta militants, undergoing aviation training in South Africa have successfully done their solo flights as part of requirement for award of private pilot licence, PPL.

It was gathered that the ceremony, which took place at Afrika Union Aviation Academy, Mafikeng, North West Johannesburg, was witnessed by the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr Kingsley Kuku.

Mr. Clifford Wilson, Manny Suku and Kufre Obot, who were among the 20 former militants, including two women, admitted at the flight academy last March, who flew for three hours.

At the ceremony, Kuku expressed delight at the performance of the former militants, saying “I am happy to see my brothers doing this solo flight and landing smoothly without an instructor. It gives us a sense of hope that if every Nigerian was given an opportunity, he or she will excel.”

Kuku commended President Goodluck Jonathan for supporting the programme aimed at empowering Niger Delta youths.

The Principal of the flight academy, Mr Allan Roebuck, described the trainees as a “crop of dedicated, disciplined and well-groomed young men and women,” adding that they had made Nigeria proud.

Wilson, who spoke on behalf of the trainees, said they had received sufficient training which prepared them for the solo flight.

“I am comfortable with the level of competence at the flight academy. This is a day that I have been waiting for and I am glad I made it,” he said.

Prior to the departure of the former militants for South Africa early in the year, Kuku had reminded them that their enrolment at the aviation academy in South Africa by the Federal Government was to ensure they took over the helicopter operations of oil and gas companies in the Niger Delta in future.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/3-ex-militants-perform-solo-flight-at-aviation-academy-in-s-africa/
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Obiagu1(m): 1:39am On Oct 05, 2011
Impressive but I have my reservation.

What happens if they go back to militancy? Nigeria will be battling a group that have an Army, a Navy and an Air-force.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by koruji(m): 2:04am On Oct 05, 2011
Yeye Beaf. I hope you don't forget this post the next time you want to bad-mouth S. Africa.

Beaf:

[size=14pt]3 ex-militants perform solo flight at aviation academy in S-Africa[/size]
On October 5, 2011 · In News ,
By Kenneth Ehigiator, with agency report

Johannesburg—The Federal Government’s amnesty programme appears to be yielding the desired results as three former Niger Delta militants, undergoing aviation training in South Africa have successfully done their solo flights as part of requirement for award of private pilot licence, PPL.

It was gathered that the ceremony, which took place at Afrika Union Aviation Academy, Mafikeng, North West Johannesburg, was witnessed by the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr Kingsley Kuku.

Mr. Clifford Wilson, Manny Suku and Kufre Obot, who were among the 20 former militants, including two women, admitted at the flight academy last March, who flew for three hours.

At the ceremony, Kuku expressed delight at the performance of the former militants, saying “I am happy to see my brothers doing this solo flight and landing smoothly without an instructor. It gives us a sense of hope that if every Nigerian was given an opportunity, he or she will excel.”

Kuku commended President Goodluck Jonathan for supporting the programme aimed at empowering Niger Delta youths.

The Principal of the flight academy, Mr Allan Roebuck, described the trainees as a “crop of dedicated, disciplined and well-groomed young men and women,” adding that they had made Nigeria proud.

Wilson, who spoke on behalf of the trainees, said they had received sufficient training which prepared them for the solo flight.

“I am comfortable with the level of competence at the flight academy. This is a day that I have been waiting for and I am glad I made it,” he said.

Prior to the departure of the former militants for South Africa early in the year, Kuku had reminded them that their enrolment at the aviation academy in South Africa by the Federal Government was to ensure they took over the helicopter operations of oil and gas companies in the Niger Delta in future.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/3-ex-militants-perform-solo-flight-at-aviation-academy-in-s-africa/
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 2:13am On Oct 05, 2011
koruji:

Yeye Beaf. I hope you don't forget this post the next time you want to bad-mouth S. Africa.

Love your country always and never agree to be second best, its an important maxim for self-belief, heightened esteem and success.
Phuck SA, bruv and bigup 9ja!
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by koruji(m): 2:22am On Oct 05, 2011
Yeah right - why then are you running with the story to NL. Shouldn't you have said Phuck SA & refuse to put up the story?

Love of country is not excuse for baseless bragging, which not only show you up, but also prevent you from seeing what you must do to move up.

That is why they say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

Beaf:

Love your country always and never agree to be second best, its an important maxim for self-belief, heightened esteem and success.
Phuck SA, bruv and bigup 9ja!
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 3:58am On Oct 05, 2011
koruji:

Yeah right - why then are you running with the story to NL. Shouldn't you have said Phuck SA & refuse to put up the story?

Love of country is not excuse for baseless bragging, which not only show you up, but also prevent you from seeing what you must do to move up.

Ah ah! What sort of long story is this nau? Please free me! grin
Lets love our country and be happy with our new pilots who were once militants.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by ektbear: 4:05am On Oct 05, 2011
koruji:

That is why they say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

I absolutely love this saying. It is so apt!
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by ektbear: 4:07am On Oct 05, 2011
There is a certain depth to the quote that takes a bit of time to understand the first time you hear it. This is another thing I like about it.

You can tell if someone understands it properly by how they explain it.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by koruji(m): 4:30am On Oct 05, 2011
I agree. False patriots are the bane of Nigeria.

ekt_bear:

There is a certain depth to the quote that takes a bit of time to understand the first time you hear it. This is another thing I like about it.

You can tell if someone understands it properly by how they explain it.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 4:34am On Oct 05, 2011
That is why they say "patriotism ethnic bigotry is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

The correction above applies best to NL in a way that you both will understand at quite a profound level. grin

Even better. . .

That is why they say "patriotism ethnic bigotry is the last refuge of a scoundrel low self-esteem"

Somebody inform Eko Ile and Gbawe that are turning the place into a dump.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by koruji(m): 4:47am On Oct 05, 2011
Shrugs!!!! Your issue, your problem, deal with it.

Beaf:

The correction above applies best to NL in a way that you both will understand at quite a profound level. grin
Even better. . .
Somebody inform Eko Ile and Gbawe that are turning the place into a dump.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Rhino5dm: 4:56am On Oct 05, 2011
The functioning flying school in naija is where terrorist can learn how to hijack planes and make them dive into high towers.

@ TOPIC
Ex-millitants with what qualifications? As we all know that the amnesty thing has been hijacked by politicians and most of the guys sent fro training have never seen a creek, let alone know how to fire a shakabula.

koruji:

Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 5:08am On Oct 05, 2011
koruji:

Shrugs!!!! Your issue, your problem, deal with it.

More your issue. You people really irritate others with your foolish bigotry, you don't realise that your behaviour is both dangerous and irresponsible; regardless of if it stems from low self esteem issues or not.
Please let us be mature and banish ethnic bigotry and base instincts from our discussions (thats what brought you here).
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by ektbear: 7:48am On Oct 05, 2011
Koruji of all people, an ethnic bigot?

Lmao

Gbawe of all people, the same?

Neither has done even anything that one could mildly consider racist on this forum. Unlike Eko Ile and myself.

At some point, when you use incorrect words to describe a situation, those words lose their power.

May as well be calling Mother Theresa a fascist, lol
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by EkoIle1: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2011
I can't even be bothered that worthless swamp rat,

People pay him too much attention, Why? I don't know.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2011
Eko Ile:

I can't even be bothered that worthless swamp rat,

People pay him too much attention, Why? I don't know.

People show interest in me, cos I'm damn smart and they just wanna squash you, cos you're phucking stup!d. Lol! Dude, you are like a bacterial or fungal infection chocking NL. . . dafter than Aluwe's donkey, stup!d as a stone.
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by lateef4me(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2011
Beaf go kill me with laughter ohhhhh
Re: 3 Ex-militants Perform Solo Flight At Aviation Academy In S-africa by Beaf: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2011
lateef4me:

Beaf go kill me with laughter ohhhhh

My guy, see how these people just came and messed up the thread with all sorts of disconnected issues.

Obiagu1:

Impressive but I have my reservation.

What happens if they go back to militancy? Nigeria will be battling a group that have an Army, a Navy and an Air-force.

shocked Don't even think about it! It will be really ugly, but I do not see the ND returning to militancy, especially with the far reaching reforms going on in the petroleum sector.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala Buys N1.2 Billion Abuja Mansion! / Nigeria Is Actually Patronizing Innoson And Buying 6000 Buses! / Join Nigeria Revolutional rally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.