Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students (10333 Views)

Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK / Uk College Admission / Nigerians Students,kindly Check Out This Uk College. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2011
A scam exposed by BBC Wales in which overseas students are helped to cheat their way to University of Wales-validated degrees and visas is being investigated by the UK Border Agency.

Students are sold diplomas exempting them from work for MBAs, which then entitles them to apply for a UK visa.

Three staff at Rayat London College have been suspended.

The university is to stop validating other institutions' degrees. It would not comment on the scam allegations.

UK Immigration Minister Damian Green said: "It's fraud - it's clearly trying to create and exploit a loophole in the immigration system.

"Obviously we're aware of the investigations that you've been undergoing (at BBC Wales).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15171830

1 Like

Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by MrGlobe(m): 8:37am On Oct 05, 2011
smh, Justwise you don help me come up with that stuff about ucas payment wahala? Abeg
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2011
Mr. Globe:

smh, Justwise you don help me come up with that stuff about ucas payment wahala? Abeg

Your bank can easily help you out with that OR send an email to ur school for an alternative solution.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by mukina2: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2011
wow , shocked
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2011
mukina2:

wow , shocked

That is what some private colleges does in the UK.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by Parisgoodman(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2011
so dem corrupt too?
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by kaimeraone: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
na wa o, all man just want easy ways, no time!
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by mrjingles(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
LOUD silence from Nlanders, if na Nigerian University or a Nigerian is involved you guys would have been queuing up to bash the country and some will even link it to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by WAVixen: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
mrjingles:

LOUD silence from Nlanders, if na Nigerian University or a Nigerian is involved you guys would have been queuing up to bash the country and some will even link it to GEJ.

You talk well Bros!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by DisGuy: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2011
Why is the BBC/CNN not saying anything about this, if it were to be a nigerian college it would be all over the news!! grin Sarca

1 Like

Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by ojubi(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2011
All graduates train abroad are simply unemployable. They just pass by cheating, learn a little bit of accent faking, come here and start posing cos the authorities will not even bother to investigate the source of their degrees cos is from obodo oyibo. RUBISH ABROAD TRAINED gRADUATES. Bleep u all of u that stol certificate in UK and US and other places.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2011
ojubi:

All graduates train abroad are simply unemployable. They just pass by cheating, learn a little bit of accent faking, come here and start posing cos the authorities will not even bother to investigate the source of their degrees cos is from obodo oyibo. RUBISH ABROAD TRAINED gRADUATES. bleep u all of u that stol certificate in UK and US and other places.

Don't you think that is a bit harsh? How many graduates trained abroad do you know?
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by engrj(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2011
Thank God oooooooh.now u & i get's to know that is not Nigerians that is corrupt.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by freecocoa(f): 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
Na today una know say onyibo corrupt?na dem bring corruption sef bloody ndi ocha.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by tunnytox(m): 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2011
The colleges knew their businesses are very much at risk due the the unfavourable immigration rules for students, this must be their own way of protecting their business. grin grin grin
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2011
freecocoa:

Na today una know say onyibo corrupt?na dem bring corruption sef bloody ndi ocha.

Is that an excuse for our corrupt leaders?
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by norrisman: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2011
This wasnt a UK university! just a private for profit company parading itself as a college. If you go and check the facts chances are that the school is/was run by one of our African brothers/sisters or not too distant cousins,the Asians.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2011
norrisman:

This wasnt a UK university! just a private for profit company parading itself as a college. If you go and check the facts chances are that the school is/was run by one of our African brothers/sisters or not too distant cousins,the Asians.

You are not far from the truth, almost all the bogus colleges in the UK are run by Asians and Africans.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by norrisman: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
The college is run by the Rayat-Bahra Group and the chairman is Nirmal Singh Rayat.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by aledu(m): 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2011
@justwise the write up says university of wales will stop to validates other private education provider please how true is that . One need to be careful these days.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
norrisman:

The college is run by the Rayat-Bahra Group and the chairman is Nirmal Singh Rayat.

You are right, they are the one ripping foreign students off in the UK
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2011
aledu:

@justwise the write up says university of wales will stop to validates other private education provider please how true is that . One need to be careful these days.

That is true, University of Wales has stopped validating any degree issued by those affiliated colleges around the world.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by moremi2008(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
Many of these random Asian colleges litter the UK. They are just diploma mills to help facilitate immigration. The real question is: how much money did they pay the Univ. of Wales for their "validation"?
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by aledu(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2011
@justwise thanks alot you can't understand what you just safed me with this post. kudo bros!!!
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
aledu:

@justwise thanks alot you can't understand what you just safed me with this post. kudo bros!!!

No worries bros, please stay away from some of those cheap private colleges owned by Asians and Africans. Public funded colleges are safer.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by snthesis(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2011
aledu:

shocked shocked shocked CHEI!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by Lantean(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
I read the news on BBC website and concluded as follows:

With no intent to be judgmental, the Registrar wasn't being COMPLETELY honest with the[b] TRUTH[/b]
We are given TOO MUCH credit for scams.  sad
You'll all be surprised to know your white poeple are not true saints.
And we Africans aren't all "bad".  smiley

Sadly, the Nigerian media is not keen on reporting the piece - Cos it's not related to NIGERIA  angry angry

Nor do other African countries want to make news of it because it's not about their LOATHED African brother. angry

I'm Just glad all through the piece, Fatherland wasn't mentioned. smiley Thumbs Up  cheesy
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by clintwine(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
ojubi:

All graduates train abroad are simply unemployable. They just pass by cheating, learn a little bit of accent faking, come here and start posing cos the authorities will not even bother to investigate the source of their degrees cos is from obodo oyibo. RUBISH ABROAD TRAINED gRADUATES. bleep u all of u that stol certificate in UK and US and other places.

Before you start criticizing crap, go to the news source and read through.
You've never been to an obodo oyibo university, how do you then know that they pass by cheating.

I have been to one and I can tell you that Oyibo universities are far better than the Nigerian ones and its very rare before a cheat can scale through the academic system.

Does this mean that a foreign Uni student is better than the Local ones ?? My answer is no, if a local student is given the same opportunity and uni facilities as his Oyibo counterpart, he/she would do very well, After all, was it not we Nigerians, Indians and Chinese that were topping the class (excuse my grammar) during the Masters Programme
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by arsenefc: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
Sagamite probably got his degree from that school, no wonder he is so demented and retardeddd and mor/onic
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by OmoTier1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
This news came out few weeks back!And just wait in no longer time another Historian will claim 'the blacks' brought corruption to the UK

@jubi,
Please do not start! please do not compare graduates from Nigeria with those who schooled in the UK. No offense! When  I was doing my post graduate some years ago, I was ashamed when I met fellow Nigerians who came over to do thier Masters' degree could not even operate a computer and another did not how to use online tools to access research journal articles.

I have always said it.Any Nigerian who decides to go study in a college in the UK is wasting his/her time and money. UK colleges are not more worth polytechnics in Nigeria.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by Konjour(m): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2011
The college looks like Its run by Asians. I'm sure there are a lot of colleges like that in the UK,perhaps their own bubbles are not opportuned to

blow yet. The last one i heard about was about a Nigerian Septuagenarian and his sixty-something year old wife being accused of something

similar to this. Don't know how it all ended up though,but i think such occurrences are only going to make the scrutiny of foreign students

further complicated.
Re: Uk College Caught Selling Fake Degrees To Foreign Students by cryingbaby: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2011
Thatz Good news cause we have been treating by those guyz many time's without number, ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

CAF Cup: Bendel Insurance Beats Algeria's Aso Chlef / Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity / Oau Ife Mba Executive Admission Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.