Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples (31120 Views)

Poll: Divorce Rate

Yoruba: 73% (105 votes)
Igbo: 26% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Tribalism Among Yoruba People / Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. / Which Is Better: High Bride Price (igbo) & High Divorce Rate (hausa And Yoruba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by omar22(m): 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Its only in Yoruba land that you see siblings fighting and killing themselves over properties that their late MOTHER built. To make matter worse,these siblings including the males always have different surnames cos their mother had babies for two sometimes THREE different men.

I encourage you all to go and read[b] "Things fall apart"[/b]
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by tpia5: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
the catholic church frowns on divorce, and most igbos are catholics.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by saraj(f): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
@OP

Forget about the whole tribe thing. You seem to be implying that a good
marriage is only a woman's responsibility and that women are 100% at
fault for a marriage failing hence a divorce.
I am no feminist (I hate them) but you are just taking the p!ss.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Dabss(m): 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

Mind your own business - if you can't read what I read then you are illiterate. tongue
illiterate lol
Why will u hide ur stupidity in ur language? Scared of the other folks?
tpia@:

true talk.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by jookco(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
I will  not marry a Yeruba woman, I don't know much about this people until I lived in the same apartment with them in the states, this girls will be making unnecessary noise every now and then, they collaborate with their Yeruba male friends to run credit card fraud using the house address, the throw party every now and then, I can't stand their lifestyle they are too dirty and noisy.
Tufiakwa
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
publisher:

@Thief of heart-
Wetin concern me with New York,we dont need to go far now? Havent you read the recent popular case,right here in Naija were a Man (Pure Yoruba) brutally murdered his bread winning Banker wife (Also Yoruba). Just months after she helped him pay the house rent.

Wetin u dey yarn sef? grin cheesy grin

I live in NY so my examples will come from the States. OBVIOUSLY.

as for the sad situation of Titilayo and hert psycho husband, that doesnt change the fact that your brothers murder their wives here 24/7. whether they are in NY or Lagos, they are still Nigerian.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2011
jookco:

I will  not marry a Yeruba woman, I don't know much about this people until I lived in the same apartment with them in the states, this girls will be making unnecessary noise every now and then, they collaborate with their Yeruba male friends to run credit card fraud using the house address, the throw party every now and then, I can't stand their lifestyle they are too dirty and noisy.
Tufiakwa

Lol consdering Igbos are tyhe majority in Texas when it comes to Nigerian tribes, would you like for me to post the million dollar healthc re scam your brothers did a couples of years ago? The one that disgraced every damn Nigerian here

as for dirty, isnt there a scammer that recently fled Texas and they found his nfo because he was ordering HERPES medication for hiimself

My friend be quiet.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by sley4life(m): 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
yoruba divorces like as if you are changing handkerchief
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
jookco:

Tufiakwa

This is rich coming from someone who lives in Houston. The bad name Nigerians have in Texas is mainly due to them

THIRTY years of age Nigerian, Mr. Tobechukwu Enyinna Onwuhara aka Tobe X, has been declared wanted in the United States of America (USA) for stealing various sums of money totalling $44 million (about N6.6 billion) from people’s bank accounts within three years.
The US Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, while declaring Tobechi (short form for Tobechukwu) wanted, described him as a criminal who used sophisticated methods to obtain personal information on banks’ customers’ accounts and also their numbers.
FBI has added Tobechukwu to its list of ‘Most Wanted Fugitives.

According to reports from FBI, Tobechi was born in Houston, the US, by a wealthy Nigerian father, Prince Onwuhara who himself was a popular fraudster who made fortune from 419 before he settled in America

A Nigeria native who lives in Houston was indicted Friday on charges he sought $42 million in false Medicare and Medicaid claims by paying folks $100 each to sign blank health care forms he would later submit Umawa Oke Imo, 54, a permanent resident alien in the United States and native of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, was indicted this week but first charged and detained in June.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Nigerian-indicted-in-42-million-health-care-fraud-1735662.php
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
TOH will not kill me for here grin grin

Most of these "dirty" rubbish are what they've heard on NL and keep reposting amonst themselves. We've seen pictures of PlatinumK(Igbos) house on NL and it looks very dirty to me.

grin

Yorubas, esp Ekiti, ppl that I know here are easy to criticise dirtiness. One simple thing, you'll hear "egin" or "obun". grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by tpia5: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2011
Wetin concern me with New York,we dont need to go far now? Havent you read the recent popular case,right here in Naija were a Man (Pure Yoruba) brutally murdered his bread winning Banker wife (Also Yoruba). Just months after she helped him pay the house rent.

Wetin u dey yarn sef?

do you people know how to read at all.

the way you expose your ignorance and senselessness on the web is very alarming.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Blazing88(f): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
yorubas have choices. Igbos dont cos they have being bought (brideprice) so they must stay in d marriage by fire by force
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by coogar: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2011
Blazing88:

yorubas have choices. Igbos dont cos they have being bought (brideprice) so they must stay in d marriage by fire by force

which means the original poster is correct!

i dunno how it turned to "my tribe is better than yours".
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by debosky(m): 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2011
I honestly fear for Nigeria the way these tribalistic topics keep popping up.

Da_b¤§§.:

illiterate lol
Why will u hide your stupidity in your language? Scared of the other folks?

I am scared of illiterates and dimwits like yourself - I don't want your stupidity to affect those around me. grin

Ara alakori ti mo n'soro npa naa re - oro ti ko kan won ni won dasi. Eleregbe iranu.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Otunbakay(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2011
Well, for me i prefer been divorced than been used @ some okija shrine 4 money rituals.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Mcleo007(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

Me too ooooo!
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by omar22(m): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2011

Catholics have Reverend fathers who are G@Y
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Dabss(m): 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

I am scared of illiterates and dimwits like yourself - I don't want your stupidity to affect those around me. grin

Ara alakori ti mo n'soro npa naa re - oro ti ko kan won ni won dasi. Eleregbe iranu.
lol
I am not ur class @ all
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by publisher(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
[size=14pt]LOL: Yorubas have suffered on this thread o. Apparently,its the female Yoruba Nairalanders that are fighting hard to defend their race.
Anyways,what do you expect? They are the ones that walk out on their husbands most times,just to resurface at some owambe party in london and advertise their Assets on Ovation magazine. tongue tongue tongue tongue .Now thats me being nutty LOL

The poll results says it all. Igbos are better in the marriage department.

@ OP,u were also right,AND YOU WIN, and you are YORUBA! Can i call this a WIN WIN thread?[/size]
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by tpia5: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^do you have any sisters you want to give him?

check this thread for his photo

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=105880.msg1880149#msg1880149

grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
LOL Is it me or are Igbo people jealous of our parties?  tongue

I swear they constantly whine about us and Owambe parties

Maybe if you people werent cursed with killing others, you'd have something to celebrate like we do  grin
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by tpia5: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
faakay:

According to my Friend that stays in cHINA, he said Igbo ppl especially cause violent in this city GUANGZOU, that where you can find them most. He told me most of them has sold their passport, over stayed and most sell Drugs, they fight on the road,  also they beat the police men,     grin

Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2011
Lol I trust you, tpia
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by omar22(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
They are the ones that walk out on their husbands most times,just to resurface at some owambe party in london and advertise their Assets on Ovation magazine. .Now thats me being nutty LOL

take away London and replace it with Milan or Rome, and that where you find Igbo ladies
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by omar22(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
LOL Is it me or are Igbo people jealous of our parties?

Maybe if you people werent cursed with killing others, you'd have something to celebrate like we do

And how would they fit in?

Their dress sense is so poor, they make the Ghanaian's and Gambians who feel threatened to be around the Yoruba's at parties feel more comfortable
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by publisher(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
[
quote]Posted by: omar22
Insert Quote
LOL Is it me or are Igbo people jealous of our parties?

Maybe if you people werent cursed with killing others, you'd have something to celebrate like we do

[size=14pt]Yes nah,ofcourse we envy your parties;Is it easy to organise very LOUD,EXPENSIVE and COLOURFUL owambe parties,where 70% of invited guests end up going home on EMPTY stomachs? Envy ko',HENVY ni' grin grin grin[/size]

Their dress sense is so poor, they make the Ghanaian's and Gambians who feel threatened to be around the Yoruba's at parties feel more comfortable

[quote][/quote]
[size=14pt]orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,this thread really offended Odua's children o!

[/size]
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by dayokanu(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
omar22:

Who told you they have no dress sense?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=349698;type=avatar[/img]
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by publisher(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^See REAL Men!!!

Please upload Tinubu's picture and make my Yoruba folks happy,Please?
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2011
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by babaowo: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
the reason is because igbo girls had been sold to their husband like slaves and they have no authority of their own because they are slave to their husband,while yoruba girls are just like a co pilot in the house,they can change their husband anyday like white girls lolz.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by YoAdek333(m): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
Tribalism sucks! - Wish all my Yoruba & Igbo people well in their marriages and business.

This Quote Might Explain a bit:

"It is said that when manners are licentious, a revolution is always near: the virtue of woman being the main girth and bandage of society; because a man will not lay up an estate for children any longer than whilst he believes them to be his own."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The so called liberal views that we are copying in Nigeria and abroad has led to a situation most men think thrice about marrying - who wants wahala?
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by seal777(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
You can only compare two things with the same trend and similarities, the history and influence of education and civilization on both cultures , psych and ways of life is not the same.

You also need to know how the mixture of igbos with the yorubas in lagos and other part of the west has greatly influenced them which prompt igbo guys to always fly to the village when its comes to the choice of wife leaving the millions of igbo girls in lagos and else where outside igbo land to their faith.

Your post is like comparing the general level of education of yorubas and igbos:  thats no close similarities.

Education, civilization and influence of the west remain of greatest influence in the yoruba culture and their way of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osun State Anthem / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Popular Masquerades In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.