Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (27835 Views)

Why Do Muslims Hate Jews? / The False Dajjal (Anti-Christ) And His Picture / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2006
isn't that funny, a religion that uses violence to promote god. like i say to my sister in law and i will not hold my tongue.

why would god want us to kill ourselves to prove our love, why would he tell us when to pray, what kinda insecure god is he why would he incourage promiscuity when HIV can only be stop with Fidelity
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by retro(f): 11:41am On Aug 07, 2006
Coco29:

HIV can only be stop with Fidelity

That's not true. You can get HIV through injections (hospitals).
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2006
retro sweetie in nja let me educate you HIV can be stop from developing if it is caught on time IE if you are accidentally pricked by a needle anti-biotic is use to debate the chances of it developing. In England things like that hardly happen if at all. The main course if HIV being transmitted is through sexual intercourse.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by 4getme1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2006
@Abeem,

Abeem:

It is not for a non-Muslim to question the logic or otherwise of a people wanting to be governed by Sharia. If the people want it, why can't they have it. It is only non-Muslims who always think of Sharia laws as unbecoming of the civilized world.

I'd echo m4malik's persuasion by stating that the Sharia is out of sync with a civilized world. It may be alright for some Muslims to prefer the Sharia to civil rule, but to impose that on non-Muslims is, in practical terms, quite uncivilized.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2006
I was quite fascinated with this abeem guy who lives in Michigan,enjoying the freedom to live his life as he wishes and yet supports or excuses the killing of anyone that converts from Islam in sharia.
What a hipocrite!.
How dare you support the killing of Christian and again blame them for putting themselves in a position to be killed.

You are most likely to be Yoruba.
Let me inform you in case you do not know that some Yoruba Muslims have been slaughtered in Northern Nigeria during the riots for being "ye ye Muslims".

I beg to differ with bajoule greatly who claims to be 'christian' and promotes some kind of ecumenical thingy including Muslims.
Honey read your bible carefully.

Islam is a product of the bond woman Hagar,the handmaid of Sarah Abrahams wife.
His name was Ismael.He was sent away with his mother eventually.

The book of Galatians chapter 4 makes it clear that we are the Children of the free woman Sarah,heirs of promise by God,through the birth of Isaac,the free born.
Go to Galatians 4 verse 22-31.
It breaks it right down.

Gal 4:21 ¶ Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Gal 4:22  For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

Gal 4:23  But he [who was] of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman [was] by promise.

Gal 4:24  Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Gal 4:25  For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:27  For it is written, Rejoice, [thou] barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Gal 4:28  Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now.
Gal 4:30  Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Gal 4:31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

And if you desire to see what became of Ishmael in the old testament read Genesis 21 to confirm the text above in the new testament and see why the muslims see Christians as a thorn in their flesh.

Be not deceived,Christianity and Islam are not one.
Lastly the promises were made to Christians and Christians only not Abrahamic faiths.

Gal 3;16  Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

We just ask that Muslims practice their faiths without intimidating other Muslims  who become Christians snd wish to serve the Lord in Spirit and in Truth.
Hiding under the cloak Sharia is evil,Christ will judge all murderers at the appointed time.
To answer the question why do Muslims hate Christians see Galatians 4;29 again.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Abeem(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2006
@malik
m4malik:

@Abeem,

Thanks for your response. First, I'd like you to understand that the background of the Sharia is very questionable. As long as Muhammad claimed to have been sent by the same God who speaks in the Bible, we should examine his claims by that same standard. You will not find any semblance of the Sharia in the Bible such that an apostate is put to death. This is what Muslims have not understood and so continue to take Muhammad's claims to be divine simply because he said so. His moral life alone should make any unbiased reader know that he was not sent by God as a prophet.

Your points are well noted.  However, I don't agree with you that the background of Sharia is questionable; that is your viewpoint and the contention of those against Islam.  To all Muslims out there, there is no pretence about Sharia being divinely revealed.  You are entitled to your opinions but having said that, I want you to be mindful of how you represent the character of the Holy Prophet, because no matter how much you hated him, nor the extent of your rage for his religion, as well as your vitriolic remarks about his life, you cannot affect or change the belief of those who trusted in him and the message he brought to mankind.  And remember there are billions out there, so bear in mind the futility of your mission.

If a house is built on a false foundation, it will not last long before it crumbles to its foundation.  There was an example of such in Lagos in recent days.  But if your house is built on concrete/stone, it will stand the test of time.  Now if as you claimed the religion was not divinely revealed as claimed by the Prophet Muhammed, how come it is still waxing stronger more than 1400 years afer his demise? Well it is built on truth and try as you could, the flame of falsehood and propaganda motivated by hate and disdain for the person of the Holy Prophet cannot extinguish the light of Islam.  

m4malik:

Now why should the Sharia apply to everyone living in a state who are not Muslims? Take the case of Nigeria, for example. When the Sharia was unconstitutionally imposed in some of the northern states, did they recognize and respect the rights of indigenes in those states who are non-Muslims? Now, the Muslim authorities may claim that the Sharia is divine, but how do we know that God actually spoke to them to unconstitutionally impose the Sharia in a secular state, in reckless disregard of the Federal Constitution that ensures a right to the life and safety of the citizens of the country? Since when has Nigeria become an Islamic country that the Sharia could be so imposed in some of her states in total disregard of an existing constitution - all in the name of "the divine origin of Sharia"?

If the people of a State in their wisdom wants to adopt a law, it does not matter if there are dissenting voices inasmuch as they constitute a minority, their dissent does not matter. I am sure you appreciate that in a democracy (as practiced in Northern States), the majority holds the ace.  My previous references to the two states in the US each having different laws on a particular crime is apposite in this context.  Yes, the constitution of the Federal Govt. says the country is a secular country (meaning the country will not willy-nilly impose a particular religion on Nigerians) but the State have the freedom to adopt the religion they desire.  Are you left in doubt as to the possibility of the OBJ admin (the president having admitted for the umpteen times that he is a born again Christian) not challeging the Northern States if this is not the case.   Having said that, a Christian living in a State governed by Sharia can object to trial under Sharia and his objection will hold.  Can you give an example of a Christian who was tried under Sharia Law against his objection? I am waiting for an answer.

m4malik:

There, you made my point. I am no longer safe as a Nigerian simply because I chose to leave Islam after having discovered it for what it actually is. Another person is no longer safe as an Afghan and needs to be chased out of his country for the same reason. Muslims love the protection offered in secular states, especially by the democracies of the West; but they can't stand the heat themselves experienced in their own "divine" rule of law.

Let me ask you something: what makes me a Nigerian or citizen of any country - my religion or my birthright?

To be quite honest with you, there are millions of innocent Muslims even within Muslim countries who would rather do without the Sharia; and we know that millions more who have migrated to Western democracies enjoy the freedom to do without some of the impositions of Muhammad's ideology in Islam, such as the Jilbab or Burq'a (although no punishments are ordained for the contravention of dress codes in Islam).

Even within Islam there is a disavowal of the indiscrimate taking of people's lives (although this is yet to be seen on the practical side). Murder and manslaughter are very serious crimes that even non-religious governments discountenance. But it is quite another thing that an innocent person who committed no murder should be killed for simply changing his faith.

Then it is not for Muslims to question the logic, civil and constitutional rights of any people to live in peaceful co-existence in a secular state. When the Sharia is unconstitutionally imposed in any state served by a federal consitution, that move should and must be questioned by all means. In a civilized world, it is very uncivilized for anyone to murder another person in the name of a religion that is too afraid to be examined in light of the collective conscience of sagacious and judicious citizens of any country.

There is no point overflogging this issue.  If you contravene a law, you must face the music.  Abdul-Rahman of Afghanistan obviously know that Afghanistan law does not take kindly to apostasy yet he chose to confront the law.  That is an affront. It would have been wise to simply leave or renounce his citizenship of Afghanistan and go live elsewhere where apostasy is not a crime.  Same thing applies to anybody who fears retribution for apostasy.  If you feel your freedom to practice your new found religion is infringed upon by your State but you are powerless because it is against the law of you State, why for God sake do you want to remain in a place you know you are despiced and unwanted? I call it an affront to established law of the State.

I cannot fathom what you mean by protection by Western Democracies.  I do not see the idea of women not wearing Burq'a or Jilbab as a form of protection.  Just because there is no regulation does not imply the government is protecting the women.  I am sure if it part of their law for women to wear Burq'a or Jilbab, they will definitely punish errant behaviour.  

Please refrain from judging a people from your perceived level of "civilization".  You cannot impose your civilization or belief system on a people if you think their law or way of live offend your sensibilities.  There is a term for it in Sociology, it is called ethnocentric.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by kellorah: 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2006
wow(!)
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2006
Abeem:

Please refrain from judging a people from your perceive level of "civilization". You cannot impose your civilization or belief system on a people if you think their law or way of live offend your sensibilities. There is a term for it in Sociology, it is called ethnocentric.

isn't that what Islam is all about? well then u would have to be a hypocrite.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2006
Kellorah,I second the same wow.
After reading from Abeem is there any doubt why Islam is a violent  non tolerant religion.
Is there any wonder why they would kill at will.
How about where the koran says let your religion be yours and mine be mine that has been frequentently thumped as us by the other Muslim forumites,have you torn that away from your koran abeem,whited it out or it doesn't apply here.
Was it finally abrogated while we were out on lunch break.

He advocates that all other people should move away from Islamic areas ASAP or else submit to Sharia.
A little different from the"peaceful religion" of belotti,mukina2,olabowale and the other forumites.

Is this a true muslim speaking or do we have one of the bad eggs.Help me out Mr belotti.
We have a man in Michigan but of the Taliban.
US Govt should take note.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2006
babyosisi:

Kellorah,I second the same wow.
After reading from Abeem is there any doubt why Islam is a violent non tolerant religion.
Is there any wonder why they would kill at will.

He advocates that all other people should move away from Islamic areas ASAP or else submit to Sharia.
A little different from the"peaceful religion" of belotti,mukina2,olabowale and the other forumites.

Is this a true muslim speaking or do we have one of the bad eggs.Help me out Mr belotti.
r u a practicing Christean?
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2006
Yes I am,and you?
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
well, i am a backslider now don't start my dad do that every day, so does the most high.

my point is, Islam is not a religion of love or peace, any religion that promotes hate of any one can not be of god, because he said to love ya enemy, so it is impossible to argue with him.

my ex-husband sister is Muslim so i get pretty deep with her, and i do feel sorry for them, all we can do is pray and ask god to help them, they are truly lost.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by m4malik(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
Coco29:

Abeem link=topic=7756.msg551301#msg551301 date=1154967263:

Please refrain from judging a people from your perceived level of "civilization".  You cannot impose your civilization or belief system on a people if you think their law or way of live offend your sensibilities.  There is a term for it in Sociology, it is called ethnocentric.

isn't that what Islam is all about? well then u would have to be a hypocrite.

Coco29 has said it all, though I for one would not directly call you a hypocrite (I hope Coco29 doesn't mind me now) because we all have our various ways of seeing issues. Islam imposes its own civilization or belief system on a people because Muslims think that other laws or way of life offend their sensibilities. It's really a convoluted way of seeing things if one cries foul at a situation while practising the very same thing being decried.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2006
4malik you meant to say babyosisi not coco.
no offence,I love you with the love of the Lord.
We need more people like you on these discussions.
Someone who has been a muslim and saw the light of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

I get very emotional when I hear such utterances as the one from abeem because I have lost relatives in the religious crises in nothern Nigeria and to hear anyone condone such 14th century acts motivated by the Islamic religion is just absurd.
He is indirectly telling me that those my relatives brought this on themselves by living in the North.

I will not accept that.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2006
@coco29.
The Lord is always ready for you.
Don't delay,tomorrow might be too late.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2006
babyosisi:

4malik you meant to say babyosisi not coco.
no offence,I love you with the love of the Lord.
We need more people like you on these discussions.
Someone who has been a muslim and saw the light of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

I get very emotional when I hear such utterances as the one from abeem because I have lost relatives in the religious crises in nothern Nigeria and to hear anyone condone such 14th century acts motivated by the Islamic religion is just absurd.
He is indirectly telling me that those my relatives brought this on themselves by living in the North.

I will not accept that.

wow that actually happens. please explain how that happened(moving from islam to chris)

babyosisi:

@coco29.
The Lord is always ready for you.
Don't delay,tomorrow might be too late.

yes i know i talk to him every night, morning and through out the day, because for such a child to be loved by a father who she disobeyed over and over again, i feel blessed
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2006
Coco,4malik is not unique actually so many Muslims convert daily.
In Africa alone the figures according to Muslim clerics is 6 million yearly.
Yes 6 millions muslims convert to serve the living God annually and with the rate of prayers going up to heaven,that number will increase.

Many who convert to serve Christ in Islamic countries or domains keep keep it secret for fear of people like abeem who would prefer them killed.
See a few testimonies of converts.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2006
This is an interesting excerpt from the testimony of a former muslim,now a pastor here in the USA.
Long but interesing and eyeopening.
So malik,there are many like you.

ISSA AHMAD KHALID

As I mentioned already, I took this name and spent several years being a rather influential force in my local Muslim communities, giving lectures at many Mosques and even appearing on television twice with a local Muslim celebrity. As ashamed as I am of saying this, I took great joy in angering the feelings of Christians with my rhetoric, even behaving in a most confrontational manner as I did everything within my power to completely insult and deride the Christian Faith, all with the blessings of the Muslims. This was so obvious in my writings as I pulled no punches in lashing out against the Bible, going so far as to call it pornographic and immoral. I would spend hours upon hours going through its pages in an attempt to find anything I could to further insult it, even if it meant quoting passages out of context as any knowledgeable Christian would be able to deduce from my writings, but I imagine I was aiming my works to a demographic that was not knowledgeable. I will say this though; that if anything good came out of my bad intentions towards the Bible, it is that my deep study into it for the purpose of defaming it only proved itself to be the reason for my return to the Christian Faith.

DISILLUSIONS WITH ISLAM

There were many factors that eventually led to my disillusions with Islam, all of which stemmed not only from the behaviour of the Muslims themselves, but by their teachings and literature as well. In the forefront of it all was the character of Muhammad, who I came to accept as the greatest of all the Prophets of Almighty God (Allah), and the bearer of God’s final revelation to mankind which the Muslims believe is embodied in the pages of the Qur’an. I read so much in the way of Islamic literature that I not only propagated the belief that Islam was the most perfect of religions, but that Muhammad was the culmination of God’s perfection. So much of this Islamic literature was aimed at using The Holy Bible as a tool to prove the validity of both Muhammad and Islam with claims to Biblical references to Muhammad’s prophethood. On the one hand, Muslims (myself included) would continually rant about the corruption of The Holy Bible, and yet on the other hand we would use the same Bible we defamed as a tool to prove the advent of Muhammad. This was pure hypocrisy not only on my part, but on the part of all Muslims who continually follow this criteria, and the criteria I make mention of is taking certain passages of The Holy Bible and quote them completely out of context in order to spin them into our own ideology and interpretation. This is no different than the dishonest archer. Where a true archer would draw the target first and then shoot the arrow into the bull’s eye, the dishonest archer would shoot the arrow first and then proceed to draw the target around the arrow. Needless to say, no such proofs of Muhammad exist in The Holy Bible and any such examples used by Muslims, like those I myself used as a Muslim, is nothing more than the fancy work of spin doctors. I will now address some examples.

"The burden upon Arabia." Isaiah 21:13

In this passage, Muslims will try and convince all who will listen that this is in reference to both Muhammad and the Muslim world as the heralds of God’s everlasting Law simply because the word Arabia appears, but in no wise does this refer to any burden placed upon Arabia as such Muslim scholars as Sheikh Ahmed Deedat would have you believe in his "Bible Combat Kit", rather it is a warning (prophecy) against Arabia.

When read and studied in its proper, historical context, it deals with the Dedanites, who had availed themselves of the hospitality of the Arabs whenever they travelled through the desert, would now lodge in the forests because the Arabs would be driven from the land. So again, in this we have no reference to Muhammad.

"The Lord came from Sinai and rose up from Seir; He shined forth from Mount Paran, and He came with ten thousands of saints; from His right hand went a fiery new law." Deuteronomy 33:2

This passage chronicles the journey of the Children of Israel under the Prophet Moses; from their escape out of Egypt into the desert, to the giving of the Law at Mt. Sinai, to finally coming forth into the Promised Land out of Paran with the Law. Muslims claim that Mount Paran and the fiery new law refers to Mecca and the Qur’an, and that when Muhammad had entered into Mecca he brought with him 10,000 of his followers. Again, the problem for the Muslims here lays in the fact that this passage has a historic significance in that Moses was educating the new generation of Israelites, as the old had died out, about the journeys of the Israelites into the Promised Land. As far as the term "Ten Thousands Of Saints" is concerned, the obvious fact is that thousands is in the plural, which denotes a great myriad in the hundreds of thousands being that the Hebrew script of the time had no zeros, which is why thousands is in the plural. Also, Mount Paran is not in Arabia, but rather in the Sinai Desert. This in no way makes any notion to the advent of Muhammad.

"The villages that Kedar doth inhabit." Isaiah 42:11

"Arabia and all the princes of Kedar." Ezekiel 27:21

Again, we have a failure on the part of the Muslims to understand the historic significance of these passages. While it is true that among the sons of Ishmael one was named Kedar, to use this passage to prove the advent of Muhammad is groundless as Kedar was another name for Arabia during the time of both Prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel. Also, Ezekiel makes it clear that he was referring to local merchants when speaking of the "Princes Of Kedar".

"For to you every vision has become like the words of a sealed book. You give it to someone able to read and say, read that. He replies, I cannot because it is sealed. You then give the book to someone who cannot read and say, read that. He replies, I cannot read." Isaiah 29:11-12

Muslims use this passage in reference to Muhammad being given the revelation of the Qur’an, in spite of the fact he could not read. They also lay this claim on the fact that the first chapter (surah) of the Qur’an is titled "Al-Fatihah" (The Opening) forgetting that this particular chapter of the Qur’an was not the first one supposedly revealed to Muhammad. This passage, in fact, deals with the Prophet Isaiah reprimanding the Israelites for rejecting the Word of God and following false prophets.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My Words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I command him." Deuteronomy 18:18

Here God is telling Moses and the Children of Israel that He will raise prophethood from among their brethren, and this is proven from the long line of prophets sent to the Israelites. The Muslim use of this passage to prove the advent of Muhammad stands on a shaky foundation as the Ishmaelites are not the brothers of the Israelites but rather the cousins, and that to use the term "brethren" in any other context is wrong as proven from the use of the word is the same chapter 18 of Deuteronomy, verse 7.

"The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes." Psalms 118:22-23

Muslims claim this refers to Muhammad, however, our Risen Lord Christ Jesus quoted this prophecy in Matthew 21:42-43, indicating that He was the fulfillment of this prophecy.

"The Coming Light" made reference to in Isaiah 42:1-2, 6-7 once again deals with the Lord Jesus, who walked the earth 600 years before Muhammad was even born.

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever; the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept Him because it neither sees Him nor knows Him, but you know Him for He lives with you and will be in you." John 14:16-17

Muslims claim that Jesus was referring to Muhammad, but as Christians we know that Jesus was speaking of the Holy Spirit. For example, the passage states that the Counselor will be with us forever. Muhammad did not abide with us forever, but rather he died. The passage also states that the world could neither see nor know the Counselor, but Muhammad was seen and known by many people. The passage also says that the Counselor would live and abide inside us; Muhammad could do no such thing as he was not a spirit. Jesus makes it quite clear that this passage speaks of the Counselor as the Holy Spirit in the following
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2006
Coco29:

wow that actually happens. please explain how that happened(moving from islam to chris)
yes i know i talk to him every night, morning and through out the day, because for such a child to be loved by a father who she disobeyed over and over again, i feel blessed

hiding your love for the Lord is not right, did he not say that that is one of the signs of his coming when he is denied.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by m4malik(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2006
@babyosisi,

Well, I want to apologise for one of my lines where I joked that "you would have been roasting like suya" - it was meant to demonstrate the mindset I had as a Muslim in my dark. . . very dark days. The "people of the Book" (Christians) I once hated for the love of the *Allah* of the Qur'an have now become my very love, and babyosisi you're one of them.

Does it then mean that "the people of the Qur'an" have become the opposite of my love? Not at all - because, after I experienced the divine love and grace of Jesus Christ, I knew what true love is for the very first time in my life. . . and my hope is to challenge my dear Muslim friends to see what Islam actually is, so that they could take the bold leap of faith and seek the true God who truly loves people. I've not always done this in a proper manner, but I'm learning everyday.

I agree with you that it is very wrong for anyone - Christian or Muslim - to suggest even remotely that a person has to leave their country because of religious beliefs. That's why I asked earlier:  what really makes a person a citizen of any country - their religion or their birthright? So, to suggest at all that Christians murdered in northern Nigeria must have brought it upon themselves is not only wrong, it is absolutely wicked. Killing anybody just because they don't believe what I believe is diabolical, I'm sorry to say.

@Coco29,

Coco29:

Well, that wasn't easy at all for me. I can only summarily say that the challenge lasted for about 3 years before I cried out to God for help. I had done something I can't presently recount here on the Forum; but when He answered and brought me through, I knew there was something about that name - Jesus Christ! Then I experienced a miracle for myself about a year later, and that was it for me - I was determined to seek Him even if it cost me my life. I still receive death threats, but Jesus has been faithful. I thank God for my parents - my muslim dad found Christ and I noticed the tremendous changes in him, which were a great help to me.

You really don't know how strong is the spirit in Islam, but I know now that it is not of the true and loving God (see I John 4:1). I only say this to persuade and encourage you to know that, if God could find, love and save me in the depths of my wickedness, He sure can do the same and change your testimony. You don't know half the wickedness I did in my dark days; but here I am - forgiven, redeemed, cleansed and empowered to love for Jesus' sake. Coco29, your testimony can be greater than mine, and I'm adding you to my prayer list.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2006
4malik,I understand the context in which you wrote.
I enjoy reading from you.
God is indeed no respecter of persons.
He continues to prove himself.

Any Christians who are killed by these animals in the name of Islam,like Stephen is welcomed with open arms at the gate of glory.For to die is gain.
Read this,it is interesting.
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/060711a.aspx
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Coco29(f): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2006
@ 4malik i am tempted to  move away from my computer because that is what  do when ever some one mentions god to me, but i will stay. i know that god loves me , i know he can deliver me today, right now how ever i feel bond, that is all i am going to say on this forum the rest i leave to god and he knows the fight i am going through because he is the one holding my hand leading me to safety.

thanks for your prayers.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2006
The sheikh added, “A man has the right to choose his religion, but once he is a Muslim then he has lost that right. If he changes, under the laws of Sharia, he should be put to death.”

Sheikh Hamdan said, "The biggest threat to our Islamic faith today is the influence of Christianity and Western culture."Yet, in the face of persecution, Christians in Zanzibar say they'll continue to spread the message of Christ.

Lobow explained, "We still come together and worship, we still encourage one another, and we still preach love."
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2006
I would only implore Muslims to study and compare the life and teachings of Christ to that of Muhammad.
In Islam unfortunately,they cannot ask questions.

Bejoule your tone is much different now,at last you have called  a spade a spade
USA has its problems and so does Greece and Great Britain.
But one thing is clear.
You are free in these places to worship a stone if you choose to as long as you don't throw them at your neighbors.
A concept too hard for Islamists to grasp.
The west has bent over backwards to accomodate them but yet they whine and complain at every chance they get.
Why would the Danish government have to apologise for cartoons drawn by a free citizen?
They do not understand that unlike Islamic governments,citizens  there are free people with free will not robots programmed to fight the cause of a god that cannot defend itself.

A barbaric religion of the stone age with no relevance today,no wonder those who dared to convert are slaughtered.
You may ask,why would anyone choose to convert from a religion that prides itself as the best thing that happened to man next to icecream?
I'll like you to watch this clip from an Arab woman and see the sort of people we are dealing with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN4AL-AOyfs&mode=related&search=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjdHPaZstU&mode=related&search=
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by GL(f): 1:26am On Aug 08, 2006
See how people can protest on the streets against the governments in the West, that is impossible in Islamic nations. Govts. in Islamic nations are very oppressive. Even though muslims tend to hate the US, many of them would give anything to go and live there. I know several such people in Nigeria. Arabs and muslims can go to West and become citizens. People from very different cultures, with very different worldviews, yet they are accepted in the West. They are given full rights as citizens, rights they would never have had in their own countries. The leaders in Islamic societies enjoy a lot of Western luxuries, while encouraging their followers to hate the West. The followers hate, and envy, the West while longing for the luxuries there.

Sharia is a terrible thing. It doesn't really enforce high moral standards. it only brings about hypocrites. There are high rates of homosexuality and promiscuity in the North of Nigeria with all the sharia. Yet they all come out and pretend to be good muslims encouraging sharia. Even the muslims that support sharia run to christian organizations when they become victims of sharia. I wonder how ppl can afford to live under such oppression.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 08, 2006
Saudi is supposed to be the epitome of Sharianess yet it's prince was in a gay bar out of Saudi frolicking with his male lover .
Talk of hipocrisy.

Christ and Christ only can save.
Every other gods na so so yeye
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2006
GL:

See how people can protest on the streets against the governments in the West, that is impossible in Islamic nations. Govts. in Islamic nations are very oppressive. Even though muslims tend to hate the US, many of them would give anything to go and live there. I know several such people in Nigeria. Arabs and muslims can go to West and become citizens. People from very different cultures, with very different worldviews, yet they are accepted in the West. They are given full rights as citizens, rights they would never have had in their own countries. The leaders in Islamic societies enjoy a lot of Western luxuries, while encouraging their followers to hate the West. The followers hate, and envy, the West while longing for the luxuries there.

This has been my cry for ages, if TRULY you hate the west, what are you doing there and not taking the next flight to Lebanon or Saudi Arabia? Can you imagine the hypocrites flaunting there US and EU passports when these western nations came to ferry their citizens out of Lebanon? The same people would not hesitate to burn US flags and chant "death to America" at the slightest opportunity yet they would kill to become citizens there. In western nations, islamic preferences are accomodated and allowed to flourish, muslims have a mosque in Rome (the seat of catholicism), will they allow a church in mecca? How many muslims have the "right" to obtain citizenships of western nations when it is almost impossible to do that in islamic nations?

So much hypocrisy!
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by mukina2: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2006
well well well
what more can one say when too much hatred is everwhere
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2006
mukina2,you don follow Davidylan come here?
what hatred?
The truth is always so bitter.
Honestly speaking,if Islam is eliminated today( sentiments aside),there would be 'peace' in the world.

I am not praying they are killed or eradicated which doesn't look humanly possible anyway,if you check all the various religious threads it all comes down to Islam and terrorism.
While all Muslims are not terrorists,the numbers that turn so are alarming and we have a reason to be concerned.

You Muslims also should be concerned,I heard about 200 or so muslims died in the world trade center Inferno that could have been anyone.
This war can only be won by the non violent muslims telling the violent ones not to interprete the call by the Koran to kill us literally.
They have to stop teaching their kids and babies to call us pigs and all sorts of names.
Or that virgins are waiting with outstretched arms and luscious lips.

There has to be an end because frankly people are becoming very impatient and you cannot blame them.
The past riots over and over about the stupid cartoons just potray Muslims as senseless murderous hooligans.
Rather than come and speak big grammar like ajiasafe and the others,you have to resolve to make adifference.
Teach your children to love people and respect their views and not call them names.

Truly let your religion be yours and let ours be ours not only here in the west but it should apply in Saudi,Egypt,Syria and Nigeria too.
But as long as you kill Christians,killings sanctioned by Islamic states,honey we shall keep talking about it.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2006
mukina2:

well well well
what more can one say when too much hatred is everwhere

As long as i can remember, islam has come to symbolise the full embodiment of the word "hatred". No body has more hate in him than the radical muslim who thinks nothing of taking his own life just to kill a few "infidels" in the hope of "heavenly" licentious living with virgins and beer!

The words you see here are not words of hate, they are words from frustrated and pained hearts. Words from the hearts of those who are tired and frustrated of being told to bear the senseless loss of lives and property that follows every islamic enclave. Tired of the whole world having to bow to the wishes of a majority wrongly tagged "a few radical elements". The world is tired of wars in Sudan, Iraq, Lebanon e.t.c. They are tired of suicide attacks, bomb blasts, train wrecks and aircraft hijackings, the world would want to be rid of the likes of ahmedinajad who are an embodiment of religious intolerance.
Re: Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? by mukina2: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2006
babyosisi i didnt follw anyone here
i have a question for you

why do you against islam so much?
did any muslim hurt you or a loved one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? / My Dad: Aremu Gawat Is Not Dead, He Is Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.