Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc (1699 Views)

"I Was Never Arrested By EFCC"- Akpabio / Gbenga Daniel Celebrates 59th Birthday / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by superior1: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2011
News on the local TV just announced the arrest of Former Gov of Ogun State Otunba Gbenga Daniel on corruption charges. Details are yet to be released

More info later
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by aljharem3: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2011
about time smiley
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
Would have love CNN to show this thief to the world.let's see how this one end.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Pukkah: 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
Corruption is the major factor militating against Nigeria's growth. It's a paradox that such a rich country has so many poor citizens and rotten infrastructure.

However, I hope this is not the making of another 'Lucky Igbinedion', a la plea bargain.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by superior1: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2011
Also arrested was the Former Gov of Nassarawa State, Akwe Doma
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Chubhie: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2011
Lets see how the story develops. too early to comment tho.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by werepeLeri: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
Why are they persecuting PDP ex governors?

The prosecution of Gbenga Daniels is an insult to Nigeria - Tam David West.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by prettyG: 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2011
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by EkoIle1: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
I guess interrogation is the new definition for prosecution,

The crazy and re-tarded shitttt you read on NL sometimes,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by ifyan(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
This is great news,but not arrest,he shoud be sentenced to long term in prisonment for his crime and not just end there, what he looted shoud be refonded back.
Nemesis will catchup with him and others alike.

GOD pass them
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by superior1: 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
and the former Gov of Oyo State, Alao Akala.

I am beginning to like dis o  grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Demdem(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2011
Not yet moved at all. It could be another charade EFCC is noted for. Still keeping my fingers crossed and observing situations.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2011
prettyG:

not only Gbenga Daniel http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/former-governors-arrested
superior1:

and the former Gov of Oyo State, Alao Akala.

I am beginning to like dis o  grin

Why can't they suspend the other cases and concentrate on Gbenga first so that by next month,the guy would have been sent to 20 years imprisonment ?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Chubhie: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Why can't they suspend the other cases and concentrate on Gbenga first so that by next month,the guy would have been sent to 20 years imprisonment ?

Your hate for Gbenga Daniels is huge. hope itz nothing personal my friend?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2011
Its FRESH AIR 2011 bitc.hes
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by OmoTier1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2011
Did I hear the pop champagne voices of the SANs and the Barrs?

Since the level of patronage from Election Tribunal has decimated to an abysmal level, no doubt this news will cheer up some elegant SANs!

For all I care, as long as this government has failed to ensure a reform and restructuring of our juidicial system, all this EFCC gra gra will amount to nothing.

Lets not forget, the essence of arrest, prosecution and imprisonment of a criminal is not so much so that the criminal is imprisoned but rather that a reviberating message is sent out that you can not commit a crime and get away with no matter how long - until this 'feeling' starts reviberating in Nigeria like it does in places like say the UK, I will continue to the see EFCC as still not living upto expectation and the fight against corruption a charade!
Re: Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc by werepeLeri: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2011
Nigerians are an impossible lot. Months back, people cried here - arrest Gbenga Daniels, Arrest Akala, and even two weeks ago, when Tinubu was put on show- many cried foul and called these people to be arrested, now they are arrested, and what do you hear? The same set of people now cry a different tune, nooooo, EFCC wont do nothing, nooo its all gimick - so, what do you all really want?

When you dont do - they shout, do something, when you do what they ask you to do, they still cry out loud, no, you shouldnt have done it, calling it names, calling it a charade. People. Lets be objective for once. Chei.

Shi t.

(1) (Reply)

Uganda/ghana To Miss 80 Million Pounds Over Anti-man-lover Bill / Why Is This Unpolished First Lady Allowed To Go Around Embarrassing Our Country? / Governor Aregbesola Was Not Part Of GEJ's Entourage To Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.