Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes (4206 Views)

Federal High Court Judge Overrules Supreme Court over Sacked Anambra Lawmakers. / NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors / Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by lagcity(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2011
Imo Threathens Abia With Retaliation

Imo State threatens to retaliate by evicting indigenes of its neighbouring state on its payroll
Article | October 6, 2011 - 4:34am | By Adaego Ogbulafor

The Imo State Government has urged Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State to reconsider his decision to sack non-indigenes from the state’s civil service.

Orji announced, three weeks ago, that all non-indigene civil servants in Abia State should go back to their own states in order to enable him pay the new national minimum wage.

Imo will be the most affected by this development as it contributes the highest percentage of non-indigene workers to neighbouring Abia.

The Imo State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Dr. Obinna Duruji, condemned the decision, adding that it was an outdated thought process.

“Abia State Government’s policy of sacking non-indigenes on its payroll is anachronistic and patently obsolete in Nigeria’s present day realities,” he said. “Honestly, the policy is completely reprehensible.”

Duruji added that the Imo State Government might be forced to retaliate in other for them to employ the affected workers.
http://naijan.com/imo-threatens-retaliation-against-abias-sack-of-non-indigenes/
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2011
Rochas is taking it overboard. How does two wrongs make one right ?

He needs to be the mature Leader here.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2011
I want to believe Imo state was most affected by this, because most Igbos in Abia are from Imo and vice-versa.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by lagcity(m): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
the whole thing is just childish
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by ektbear: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
Na wa o
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by engrj(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2011
Boko Haram is not the one doing them now , na them them dey do their self
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2011
Theodore Orji is a wicked man and is creating unreasonable excuse to justify his act.

I believe other states should write to tell him should he do it, they will return the favour to create space for their returning people. That should straighten him out.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
The fact that a child behaves like one doesn't mean an adult should follow suit. Leave Orji n his primitive way of thinking n doing things. He sure will regret his action. So Rachas, biko!!
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by pinkrex(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
Are they not both PDP's undecided

They'll settle amicably when OBJ issues a statement grin angry
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by ayzree: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2011
obj na baba now, anything he says
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by davidiyke(m): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
RUNNING A GOVT IS SAME AS RUNNING A BUSINESS. IMAGINE IMO INDEGENES WORKING IN ABIA RETURNING HOME TO BECOME JOBSEEKERS!
WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE, ?
LET THEODORE ORJI HAVE A RETHINK. IMAGINE LAGOS STATE DOING THE SAME!!!
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2011
Na so Pogroms dey start
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by hackney(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2011
There's nothing good about that abia.

Indigenes of what?
That their governor is a village man who is there to loot.
I just despice that their abia.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by manny4life(m): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
hehe, things are gradually falling apart.

The returnees from Abia state, what should happen to them? Hang in the air? I say let him fire them back so Imo state governor can absorb the returnees into his own cabinet. Quite unfortunate at the events but here is what it comes down to --- Retaliation. Although two wrongs don't make a right; however, I think it's only fair that Imo let them go so he can take in the victims of the other governor who initiated such nonsense
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by Jimbaz7(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
I think that guy in Umuahia govt house is from stone age. It hurt to say I'm from Abia
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by udochika(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2011
God go punish that evil man 4 giving us bad name. T orji must go he is a waste of time.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2011
Abia State su.cks. Worse than Northern states this time around. Hope their indigens on the payrolls of other 35 states are sacked in retaliation. I think he should be able to absorb them since he has provided space for them. Unpopular decision.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by maasoap(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2011
Abia State su.cks. Worse than Northern states this time around. Hope their indigens on the payrolls of other 35 states are sacked in retaliation. I think he should be able to absorb them since he has provided space for them. Unpopular decision.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by maasoap(m): 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by kizito96(m): 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
This short man called Theodore Orji, is just an outdated man who lacks knowledge. He has lost touch with modern day reality. Okorocha should send the Abians back what type of people are these? If Fashola should send non indigens of Lagos away what do you think would happen?. Send that Okija Governor away
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by mbulela: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2011
manny4life:

hehe, things are gradually falling apart.

The returnees from Abia state, what should happen to them? Hang in the air? I say let him fire them back so Imo state governor can absorb the returnees into his own cabinet. Quite unfortunate at the events but here is what it comes down to --- Retaliation. Although two wrongs don't make a right; however, I think it's only fair that Imo let them go so he can take in the victims of the other governor who initiated such nonsense
supported.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by OmoLisabi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
Okrika Fight
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by jason123: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
Since the day OUK declared his intention concerning this. It made me have a re-think about splitting Nigeria. Tribalism aside, if this policy is done, it is to the detriment of mainly fellow Igbos before other ethnic groups. Is this what Biafra, Oodua and Arewa will look like?? What is then the point of a split? Mind you, these are Igbos of the same ethnic stock and the same religion (Christianity), yet, they are sacking eachother simply because of state boundaries. Yorubas, remember Ife and Modakeke?? Niger-Deltaens, remember Ijaw and Itsekiri and Uhrobo, Ijaw and Ikwerrri, Ijaw and Ibibios, and more recently, Ijaws and Binis. Arewa, remember Northern Kaduna vs Southern Kaduna, Jos vs Hausas etc.

All these things are just too saddening. Should each state be a country? What do we call this move by OUK? "Stateism"? Na wa ooo!

This is just me thinking out loud.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
kizito96:

This short man called Theodore Orji, is just an outdated man who lacks knowledge. He has lost touch with modern day reality. Okorocha should send the Abians back what type of people are these? If Fashola should send non indigens of Lagos away what do you think would happen?. Send that Okija Governor away

How did Okija come into this matter now?

Abi you just wan find juju trouble?

Take ya time o!
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by DDon11: 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
Let imo state retaliate on abia state
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by slimchimex(m): 9:12pm On May 28, 2012
alj_harem: Rochas is taking it overboard. How does two wrongs make one right ?

He needs to be the mature Leader here.
think b4 u say any thing
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by slimchimex(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2012
Orji need a psychatric doctor,think he's having demensia....
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by tunde1200(m): 7:17am On Oct 29, 2015
uhmmm
well said

jason123:
Since the day OUK declared his intention concerning this. It made me have a re-think about splitting Nigeria. Tribalism aside, if this policy is done, it is to the detriment of mainly fellow Igbos before other ethnic groups. Is this what Biafra, Oodua and Arewa will look like?? What is then the point of a split? Mind you, these are Igbos of the same ethnic stock and the same religion (Christianity), yet, they are sacking eachother simply because of state boundaries. Yorubas, remember Ife and Modakeke?? Niger-Deltaens, remember Ijaw and Itsekiri and Uhrobo, Ijaw and Ikwerrri, Ijaw and Ibibios, and more recently, Ijaws and Binis. Arewa, remember Northern Kaduna vs Southern Kaduna, Jos vs Hausas etc.

All these things are just too saddening. Should each state be a country? What do we call this move by OUK? "Stateism"? Na wa ooo!

This is just me thinking out loud.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2015
okay, this shiit is funny...
Imo wey no gree pay workers too dey threaten?
wonders will never end
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by omenka(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
okay, this shiit is funny...
Imo wey no gree pay workers too dey threaten?
wonders will never end
Baba na old story be dis naw...
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by Rotimi47: 7:45am On Oct 29, 2015
He should go ahead so as to create room for those sacked in Abia.
Re: Imo Threatens Abia With Retaliation Over Sacked Non-indigenes by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:36am On Oct 29, 2015
omenka:
Baba na old story be dis naw...
shocked 2011?

Jeez...lol..thanks jare

(1) (Reply)

We've Been Having Presidents, But Buhari Is Different… Kashamu / Shiite Muslims Perform Ritual For President Buhari To Die(photo) / Documents Reveal Owner Of Lagos Flat With N15bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.