Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? (5534 Views)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! / Can A Lie Be Justified Under Any Circumstance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by femy2010(m): 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2011
Can the assassination of a dictator ever be justified?
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by DeepSight(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
Yes.

Adolf Hitler, for example.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Joagbaje(m): 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
Well it depends on his conduct , being a dictator is not a crime on its own but . The abuse of power is the problem. There were some good dictators even in bible days
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
Nope. thou shall not kill !
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by DeepSight(m): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
Even when the dictator is slaughering millions of people as Hitler did?
Ever heard of self defense?
Get real.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by justwise(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2011
femy2010:

Yes
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Otunbakay(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2011
well, in the court of law, nay not @ all, but in the court of public openion and for d sake of humanity, yessssss o without any delay.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by soma042(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2011
us navy seal did, osama is gone, i think is a good step
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by hbrednic: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2011
no
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Mcleo007(m): 11:31am On Oct 07, 2011
A capital YES!
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2011
if it is wholly by internal interests and not funded/supported by parties of different nationalities
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
Yes, in d sense dat dictatorshp is unwilliness to religush power wch is usually contrary to d will of pple in any given society.Dictatorshp cant jst emerge without terriorising,intimidation&assasination of some pple by such leader.And ders der no freedom of speech,opposition /peer group is not allowed,so killing d dictators leader brings happiness,reform&relief 4 d masses/pple.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by velo10: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2011
No it should not and cannot. It is simply assassination. By the way, who isn't a dictator. Goerge bush went to war against the wishes of 70% of Americans. Isn't he a dictator? Sarkozy and David Cameron bombing Libya against people's wishes, isn't that dictatorship? Sometimes I see democracy as an illusion for Dictatorship. These so-called democratically-elected leaders are simply nothing but chosen ones overhyped by the media to endorse their votes. They end up doing what their Godfathers want them to do. Obama doesn't want war but Bush wants war, isn't Obama not part of the campaign for regime change in Libya? Lets consider and not be deceived.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
femy2010:

Yes! & No!

Yes! as in if the term "dictator" isnt a doubled edge sword.

For instance, Hitler was deemeed a dictator when he single handedly tried to rule Western Europe;  but Europe's ruling monachs (England, Portugal, Spain, France e.t.c) and their predecessors in parliament werent deemed dictators when they commited those horific crimes that led to the hollocaust of the 16-18th century.

No! as in nobody has the right to illegaly take another persons life.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by manny4life(m): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
[size=24pt]YES YES AND MORE YES[/size]

IT CAN AND SHOULD BE JUSTIFIED.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by TomFord: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2011
Murder is murder.Thou shall not kill simply means thou shall not kill
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2011
@velo10,u're completely wrong.Non of American president,France or British pm u mention ar dictators,jst check der history,American usually eliminate/attack wateva serve as a threat to der system.Libya wasnt invaded by britain/france but by d organisation called NATO wch comprised many nation 4m Europe&north America.Nealy all d dictatorshp leaders(both prsnt&past)in d world assume power tru violence,insurgency or coup deta without being elected/consent of pple dey govern.Dictatorshp leaders can never change cos dats wat characterise dem as dictators &dey can do anytin to perpetuate demsef in power at d detriment of der pple.Der4 dictatorshp can only b checkmated by killing/bloody revolution,and if its consensus,it's justify.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by OLASODE2K: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
Wat criteria would u use to determine dictators when most of are undeclared dictators?
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2011
A leader who rule a country by force or wit absolute power is called dictator.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by pkv(m): 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
Certainly yes, u hit him or he hits u first
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 12:26am On Oct 08, 2011
D sage:

A leader who rule a country by force or wit absolute power is called dictator.

Name me a ruler (president, prime-minister or monach) that doesnt fall into that definition
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 12:47am On Oct 08, 2011
D sage:

Non of American president,France or British pm u mention ar dictators,jst check der history,American usually eliminate/attack wat eva serve as a threat to der system. Libya wasnt invaded by britain/france but by d organisation called NATO wch comprised many nation 4m Europe&north America,

Are you serious? Please be careful what you ask for, you said live on NL that one should check the history of America, France and British rulers,  Well lets start from,

How about we start from Libya. Libya was invaded by a quartet (America, France, British & Italy) of countries (some of which you just mentioned) even though it was a somewhat unpopular descision in their respective countries. Let me remind you that the mandate given to Nato came after the quartet  failed woefully to gain any ground internally.

Firstly, the main reason that UN acted upon to issue a NO FLW ZONE was the allegation that Ghadafi had droped a bombed on a town in the heart of Libya killing hundreds of innocent people. This allegation was unfounded; the Russian that had a satelite orbiting that region stated that that information was incorrect.

Secondly, the infamous NO FLW ZONE (infamous as in i dont think they bothered setting one up, why bother when they can just rush towards Tripoli instead) was concucted in order to aparently defend the lives of civilians so that Ghadafhi doesnt kill them all over night; apart from the fact that that was wishfull thinking (as in Ghadahi loved the people of Libya he wouldnt have attacked his own people even if he was paid to), the quartet, NATO and their mercanaries invaded Libyan soil in contradiction of the UN resolution that dispatched them. And the most astonishing thing about it all is that the main reason that the quartet took up this position was to defend Libyan civilians; well, well well,  Dont you think they did a fantastic job at doing that given that the number of civilians that the combine forces of the quartet, NATO and their mercenaries killed is estimated in excess of 100,000.

Who's the dictator in that scenario?
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2011
@Amujale,dose countries u mentioned ar nt dictators but imperialist.D word dictatorshp applies to totalitarian leader in a given countries e.g Adolf hitla of Germany,Idi Amin of Uganda,Bongo Omar of Gabon,sanni Abacha of Nigeria,Enyeadema of Togo, jst to mention a few.D modern imperialist dont jst dictate but takes advantage of turmoil/unrest&a crime against humanity to intervened into d internal affairs of oda countries.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Gbenge77(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
No.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by velo10: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
Amujale:

Are you serious? Please be careful what you ask for, you said live on NL that one should check the history of America, France and British rulers,  Well lets start from,

How about we start from Libya. Libya was invaded by a quartet (America, France, British & Italy) of countries (some of which you just mentioned) even though it was a somewhat unpopular descision in their respective countries. Let me remind you that the mandate given to Nato came after the quartet  failed woefully to gain any ground internally.

Firstly, the main reason that UN acted upon to issue a NO FLW ZONE was the allegation that Ghadafi had droped a bombed on a town in the heart of Libya killing hundreds of innocent people. This allegation was unfounded; the Russian that had a satelite orbiting that region stated that that information was incorrect.

Secondly, the infamous NO FLW ZONE (infamous as in i dont think they bothered setting one up, why bother when they can just rush towards Tripoli instead) was concucted in order to aparently defend the lives of civilians so that Ghadafhi doesnt kill them all over night; apart from the fact that that was wishfull thinking (as in Ghadahi loved the people of Libya he wouldnt have attacked his own people even if he was paid to), the quartet, NATO and their mercanaries invaded Libyan soil in contradiction of the UN resolution that dispatched them. And the most astonishing thing about it all is that the main reason that the quartet took up this position was to defend Libyan civilians; well, well well,  Dont you think they did a fantastic job at doing that given that the number of civilians that the combine forces of the quartet, NATO and their mercenaries killed is estimated in excess of 100,000.

Who's the dictator in that scenario?

Good question grin grin grin

D sage:

@Amujale,dose countries u mentioned ar nt dictators but imperialist.D word dictatorshp applies to totalitarian leader in a given countries e.g Adolf hitla of Germany,Idi Amin of Uganda,Bongo Omar of Gabon,sanni Abacha of Nigeria,Enyeadema of Togo, jst to mention a few.D modern imperialist dont jst dictate but takes advantage of turmoil/unrest&a crime against humanity to intervened into d internal affairs of oda countries.
D sage, These imperialist regimes are under the facade of a democracy. In a democracy, its the people's choice. How many of the people or the people's representatives okayed a war against a country like Libya. Don't try and make them seem good. Libya had little unrest compered to that of Syria. Iraq had no unrest but were also invaded. The overhyped word democracy to me is nothing like a facade for dictatorship elements of western nations

1 Like

Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
D sage:

dose countries u mentioned ar nt dictators but imperialist.D word dictatorshp applies to totalitarian leader in a given countries e.g Adolf hitla of Germany,Idi Amin of Uganda,Bongo Omar of Gabon,sanni Abacha of Nigeria,Enyeadema of Togo, jst to mention a few.D modern imperialist dont jst dictate but takes advantage of turmoil/unrest&a crime against humanity to intervened into d internal affairs of oda countries.

Alright O! When Iraq invaded Kuwait,  Sadam Hussein is a dictator; but when America invades Iraq, George Bush is an Imperialist. 

Btw how can Bush even be Imperial when he isnt Chinesse (remember we are refering to an individual i.e emperor)?

I think i smell double standards, nobody will bite you if you say the TRUTH.

Furthermore, do you have any evidence to support the claims made by both the US & EU about turmoil/unrest & crime against humanity in Libya prior to the invasion?

Its time you open your eyes, and open them wide my friend; yes there are totalitarian regimes in the world and the main ones are based in the U.S.A, England, France, Italy, Australia e.t.c

p/s who gave you the impression that Idi Amin was a dictator? Idi Amin was one of the greatest African leaders ever to have lived so do me a favour and go and learn your true history not the rubbish that is paraded by the west.

When you call Idi Amin & Gadahfi ( who are in my opinion the two greatest leaders ever to have come out of Africa in  recent times) "dictators" what do you call the ones that are signing away all our resources and wealth so as to secure a few coins in a swiss account; "heroes"?

Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2011
@velo10&Amujale,since both of u claim dat killng of dictators is not justified,wat method u guys tink could b employed to sack dictators in power so dat we all learn.Pls dnt say reform cos dictators can neva implement any reform/policy dats nt in his favour&dats why dey ar called dictators.pls i nid to learn more.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by velo10: 5:06am On Oct 10, 2011
@Amujale, I've been regarding your posts so highly until you just labelled Idi Amin as a great African leader. Please do not say that again. That man was one insane cannibal Africa had as an head of state. His country is still suffering woes of under his crazy regime. Lets rest that issue please. Gaddafi developed his nation , Idi Amin ruined his.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2011
@velo 10 i'm sorry but Idi Amin was a great and bold African leader that was willing to take on the French bullies; despite his misdemeanors. And i hardly think its correct or fair to label him a cannibal. Uganda would have been a better place if his country & Ecomog had rally behind him in the battle against the "foreign" forces.

@D sage i'm going to presume you talk about bad leaders; because the dictators are not in Africa they are in the West. To get rid of a bad leader or any leader for that matter, all ACTION must conform to the specific country's constitution. The best way would be to have him/her impeached.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2011
Velo10, systematically avoid my questn@amujale,i can see dat ur level of understandn abt d world politic ar limited cos i dnt expect a wel educated like u to say dat dictators could be impeach.Hav u 4got dat nobody dare to impeach dictators cos dey dnt folow d constitution&d impeachment can only happen unda a constitutional govt&not dictatorshp.Jst giv anoda way pls.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by velo10: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2011
D sage:

@velo10&Amujale,since both of u claim dat killng of dictators is not justified,wat method u guys tink could b employed to sack dictators in power so dat we all learn.Pls dnt say reform cos dictators can neva implement any reform/policy dats nt in his favour&dats why dey ar called dictators.pls i nid to learn more.

I believe in the will of the people but I do not believe in violence. If everybody goes out on the streets to protest against the government, the government must listen and make reforms at least. But when you go out on the streets brandishing guns to fight a dictator that cerainly is not it. The will of the people should be excercised peacefully and not violently. 42 years ago, Gadaffi was the will of the people against a western-imposed monarchy. He came to power without a single bloodshed. Why now does more than 50,000 Libyans have to pay their blood as a price for regime change. Those who died are human beings like you and I. A steadfast peacful protest would have been a better option.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
D sage:

@amujale,i can see dat your level of understandn abt d world politic ar limited cos i dnt expect a wel educated like u to say  dat dictators could be impeach.Hav u 4got dat nobody dare to impeach dictators cos dey dnt folow d constitution&d impeachment can only happen unda a constitutional govt&not dictatorshp.Jst giv anoda way pls.

@D sage: I think we are misunderstanding each other, firstly in my opinion there is NOT one single African leader in the last 100years that i would call a "Dictator". In my opnion, the regimes that harbour dictators are all in Europe & North America. You only need to define the term and you might see what i mean,

So if you first get rid of the smoke screen that causes you to allow outside influence define who Our leaders are then that would be great.

Secondly, didyou watch the video of the brave Ivorian Young'ens that were trying to hault French tanks from driving up towards their capital?

Let me remind you that the "African leader" that was the subject of attack is being branded by western media as a "dictator" - one that rigged an election; when infact most of the population love this guy.

Now, if he was "as" defined by the western media machine [/b]do you think young teenagers, men & woman would be wiling to lay their own lives on the line to try & intervene?

Finally, do not get sucked into the lies and spins by Africa's number one enemies of progress (because thatas what the EU & America are); they themselves are prepared to order one of their own planes to drop a bomb on country [b]A
& tell them (country A) that their neigbhours country B did it, so as to cause a ripple that they might eventually take advantage of. Thats the type of twisted people these regime harbours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of The Family Of A 'descendant' Of Prophet Muhammad Without Hijab / Scientists Are Trying To Clone Jesus / Three Kinds Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.