Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,306 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? (5528 Views)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! / Can A Lie Be Justified Under Any Circumstance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
@Amujale,i accept wit u dat d origin of dictatorshp can be trace back to Europe&North America&also ar indeed d enemy of progress in Africa but if u say ders no dictatorshp in Africa in d past 100yrs,den in wat category are d folowng African leaders belong to,Idi Amin,Enyeadema,Ghadafi,Bongo Omar etc.Sir,wat do u tink dat make dem stay in power for so long,&why did pple support der regime.
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2011
@D Sage in my book i like to tell it as it is; call a spade a spade and NOT and instrument for digging up stuff.  A problem arises when we Africans have been so messed up by our opressors that we cannot even think on our own feet; we cant even identify with our great personnel.

Most of these guys you mentioned are individuals that have (or are bound to have) their names inscribed into the continents hall of fame for good reasons.

* Idi Amin: Africa's most decorated military leader (the last king of Scotland), it was he that drew the line in the sand regarding British micro involvement in the region. If not for bold people like him, we would be in worse shape atm.
* Ghadafhi: One of the most patriotic African leaders in recent times
* Bongo Omar: The continents longest serving president in history (which could be seen as positive or negative i guess). 

So if according to YOU these men are so-called dictators, i would like to see the list of African leaders that YOU call Great.

[center][flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPXKuqLQ63o[/flash][/center]

Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2011
Ok,dis ar d list. Kwame Nkruma of Ghana,Nyinrere of Tanzania,Azikwe pf Nigeria,Nelson Mandela,Obafemi Awolowo etc.Hop u kno d rest?
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 12:24am On Oct 11, 2011
@ D Sage: I cant argue with that sir (although truth be told, daddy wasnt actually a president, he held the office of premier; but who cares we all love you Papa Awo) cheesy

However, mthe point i make is that the term dictator is an allegory that EU and America use to criminalize a so-called third world leader that isnt co-operating with them. Its got nothing to do with the validity of such leaders mandate; its a way of criminalising somone who hasnt done wrong. And thats what applied to Idi Amin and Gadahfi.

Did you know what they called Papa Mandela during the Apartheid regime?
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by harakiri(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2011
I never knew jesus supported assassination of dictators. Can someone quote the verse and chapter?
Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Dsage1: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2011
@amujale,i quite undastnd ur point&agree wit u dat d white used various method to criminalised som of our leader especially dose dat not support der explotative policy/zero sum game.In ur own personal perspective,wat do u tink we can do to liberate our continent 4m all dis so called imperialist?in my own opinion,i tink d solutions stated by dependency theory as it was propounded by Latin America intellectual wi b of help.

1 Like

Re: Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? by Amujale(m): 5:27am On Oct 12, 2011
D sage:

in my own opinion,i tink d solutions stated by dependency theory as it was propounded by Latin America intellectual wi b of help.

Absolutely! i share your opinion, however to cultivate this theory to its full potential it is imperative to have in place an effective defence system that would act as a deterrent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nature Is Fast Exposing The Men Of Yahweh / How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion / What Are You Thankful For Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.