Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,123 members, 7,807,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor (23542 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2011
@plappville hidden? why are you so obsessed with sex and sexual parts?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
baslone:

This particular one might not be in church but I see ones close to this on regular Sundays!

next time, take a picture of what you consider indecent!

Eben 2:

We are talking about the church of God here and God does not need your education to set His standard.

so God will come down to come and say miniskirt is wrong or what?
are you out of your mind, eben 2?

Besides, everybody knows what dress is decent and which is not. and i maintained that a truly born-again child of God will never expose any part of his/her body for an outsider to see in the name of fashion; because such is not canally minded but only work according to the dictates of the Spirit.

i don't think i know. decency in fashion is subjective.
what is okay to okafor might be a taboo for emeka! there's no hard and fast rule.
let people wear what makes them feel comfortable and you perverted men should go for deliverance instead of ogling at legs and cleavages!

Eben 2:

Believe me, I've seen worse. May God help His church. Amen

take a picture when you see another indecent dressing in any church!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Eben2: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2011
coogar:

so God will come down to come and say miniskirt is wrong or what?
are you out of your mind, eben 2?

take a picture when you see another indecent dressing in any church!

No! God does not need to come down to say miniskirt is wrong, the Bible is there to tell how His people should behave themselves both in and outside the church. But its for those who has obtain salvation through the saving grace of God.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by plappville(f): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
zataxs:

@plappville hidden? why are you so obsessed with sex and intimate parts?

Because, the exposure of these parts of the body are what i see as indencency.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2011
@plappville indecent because you are insecure about yours? or what? I don't get. and who is indecent is the woman who dresses or the guys ( and women clearly!) who lust and obsessed what they see? How weak then are you oh Christian if you can't control yourself, what strength is this God giving you then? Because the rest of us don't have a problem with self control.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by plappville(f): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2011
The rest of u? Well i do not know what u mean by that(pagan or what)?
Take example, we all know that night club dressing is kind of rough, people who go to club (girls like to expose their boobs for their reasons) (guy but their jean at under the wast so u can see their boxers) etc.
Each meeting has its mode of dressing.
A deeper life girl well dressed head tied, u knw what i mean, she just come in the club to club like other folks.
Dont u think she will look like a star because of her different mode? No one is lost for her but the steer will look mocked that she will not feel confortable to dress like dat in her nxt clubing.
If she decides to frequent the club then she has to change her mode to cluby.
My point is that, girls/guys who dress indecent to the church knows they ought not to, i ve approached situations and the result is am i the only one, which means, they know its wrong but they do it out of ignorance.
If no one call to my attention then i can continue with my mini or tight leginse.

This does Not necceserily means they re devils ooo, most of them are fashion extremist, so dey just dont want to respect God instead they fashion habit. We must not close mouth when the indecency is too pronounced. Its no lust or weak like u said, but
a strenght given by God to pulge out the unGodly manner from his church.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by tunnytox(m): 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
No need to get it twisted, if you want to go to the Church supposedly to worship God almighty it is only sensible to dress properly, you can't come to Church dressed like a club girl or guy and expect other members not to complain. This is not about subjugation of women or depriving people the right to dress as they wish it just the normal to dress appropriately whenever you're coming to worship in the Church, as you'll be expected to dress appropriately to your place of work so it is when coming to the Church.

And for those asking men to take their eyes away from scantily clad girls in the Church, the fact remains it is perfectly normal for an healthy man to respond to 'stimuli' whenever you see a scantily clad woman, this does not make you a pervert, how you go about it after looking is what matters. However, the Bible encourages us to flee from all appearances of evil so if as a Christian you avoid going to clubs or other places where scantily clad girls hang out and try to keep yourself focused and holy, the last place you'll want to be tempted is in the Church. Dressing scantliy and exposing intimate parts of your body in the Church is sign of disrespect to to God and Jesus Christ who is the head of the Church.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Image123(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
It's recommended that they're flogged out of the premises, dey no go try am again.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2011
@plappville So you go to the club and show your boxers? But when you are in church you hide them?
Are you confident about your body? Yes or No?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2011
@Image123 spoken like Jesus, deep in ignorance and prejudice against women and shallow in sense.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2011
@tunnytox it is okay for a man to lust after a body and covet away, but not okay for a woman to dress in something short?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by plappville(f): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
zataxs:

@plappville So you go to the club and show your boxers? But when you are in church you hide them?
Are you confident about your body? Yes or No?

Wht re u talking about? I gave u an example using a club, as in what will the people in there will feel if a deeper life girl go in with their well ranked decent manner of dressing. Does it sound lik i go to club? That is not a life for me. I visit a best place which is the house of God, plz dont twinst my words thanks.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
@plappville there is nothing wrong with the club, if you go we will not prosecute you. How else will you know what is there anyway?
Point is, How should we a portion the blame on the bearer of the legs 100%, or do the hungry wolf drooling over them and the woman with bad legs green envy , choking with jealousy- need to also get a %?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by tunnytox(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
zataxs:

@tunnytox it is okay for a man to lust after a body and covet away, but not okay for a woman to dress in something short?

Don't get it twisted mate stay on the topic undecided undecided a woman or man can go about na.ked for all I care but if you're coming to the church please dress appropriately. The house of God is not a place to show of your breast or hairy chest etc
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
@tunnytox don't get it twisted either who said here that hairy chests are indecent?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by tunnytox(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2011
zataxs:

@tunnytox don't get it twisted either who said here that hairy chests are indecent?

So don't you think some females might be tempted with those hairy chest? buttons on shirts are there for a reason, in a normal church service i don't expect any reasonable worshipper to be exposing his hairy chest in the Church. Anyway to each his own undecided undecided
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by plappville(f): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
zataxs:

Hahahaha, it may be indecents if let it exposed in church. I ve never seen any so i guess the men are aware of this so they dont do it.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Image123(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2011
zataxs:

@Image123 spoken like Jesus, deep in ignorance and prejudice against women and shallow in sense.
You've accused me and Jesus of deep ignorance, prejudice against women and shallow sense. Are you normal at all?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Image123 I say it as it is, your words betray your prejudice. And for Jesus the evidence is in the bible, try reading other verses and not just John 3:16 and you will not be wondering who is normal.
@tunnytox no one has ever spoken against hairy chests but everyone is speaking about skin above the knee, this is the very height of chauvinism.
@plappville you truly sound like man, of course no one has never said anything wrong about men dressing in church whether true or not, whether tempting or not, that's my point!!! while everyone is so obsessed about women! Why are you concerned about women legs so much why not spend a little time looking at hairy chests and leave women's legs and breasts for a short while, give women a little respite for crying out loud.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by tunnytox(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2011
zataxs:

@Image123  I say it as it is,  your words betray your prejudice. And for Jesus the evidence is in the bible, try reading other verses and not just John 3:16 and you will not be wondering who is normal.
@tunnytox no one has ever spoken against hairy chests but everyone is speaking about skin above the knee,  this is the very height of chauvinism.
@plappville you truly sound like man, of course no one has never said anything wrong about men dressing in church whether true or not, whether tempting or not, that's my point!!! while everyone is so obsessed about women! Why are you concerned about women legs so much why not spend a little time looking at hairy chests and leave women's legs and bosoms for a short while, give women a little respite for crying out loud.

How? I am a man and my statement on hairy chest is about men how does that make me chauvinistic?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 9:39am On Oct 21, 2011
@tunnytox it is not in the bible, of course you are a man.
the bible does not obsess about a man's clothing or hair of their chest.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by plappville(f): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2011
zataxs:

@Image123  I say it as it is,  your words betray your prejudice. And for Jesus the evidence is in the bible, try reading other verses and not just John 3:16 and you will not be wondering who is normal.
@tunnytox no one has ever spoken against hairy chests but everyone is speaking about skin above the knee,  this is the very height of chauvinism.
@plappville you truly sound like man, of course no one has never said anything wrong about men dressing in church whether true or not, whether tempting or not, that's my point!!! while everyone is so obsessed about women! Why are you concerned about women legs so much why not spend a little time looking at hairy chests and leave women's legs and bosoms for a short while, give women a little respite for crying out loud.

U re geeting the whole thing wrong, of course i'm a woman, i don't spend time looking at women leg hahaha, u re funny. I sport out a brethren indecent dressing manner and did what is to be done and u re here telling me to look at hairy chest or stop looking at women legs etc.   See, we do things according to the scripture, see what he says as in regard to your oppose.((((1 Corinthians 5:13)))) God will judge those on the outside; that is the pagans etc but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person from among you." That is in the gathering of the lord, eg Church.Be ok with this, it is Gods word.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
@plappville
Of course you spend your time looking at women's legs and probably secretly admiring other women legs. Otherwise, you will be so busy with the lord's word you will not notice
It is ok if you prefer women's legs over men's chests, it is nothing to be ashamed of.
However, it is not fair to be over zealous about women's dressing and not men's. It is clear inequality.
Who are you to judge those who are evil?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by plappville(f): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
zataxs:

@plappville
Of course you spend your time looking at women's legs and probably secretly admiring other women legs. Otherwise, you will be so busy with the lord's word you will not notice
It is ok if you prefer women's legs over men's chests, it is nothing to be ashamed of.
However, it is not fair to be over zealous about women's dressing and not men's. It is clear inequality.
Who are you to judge those who are evil?

It is not judge, just do what the bible says, u are just talking what u don't know. read 1 Corinthians 5:13 Even if u dont want to read the bible, take ur time read this and get the msg.
Pulge out the evil among u, Satan can come in human form even in the church he can manipulate so when it hapens and we are lead by the spirit, we pulge him out take it or leave it. The house of God is not a club house or a party hall. That is just my point sorry if u are finding it difficult to understand.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
@plappville
I only become an Atheist after I read the bible many times over so,

People read verses and decide what they mean depending on how they understood them, that's why people go as far as killing others or beating up, and more commonly suppressing women based on their interpretations.
You read it and you feel it should be used to condemn women- bingo. because it goes along with cultural believes and probably your own insecurities, then bingo, it clicks.
This is something you obviously know, so, well.
It fact people even chose churches that much what they believe and if none exists they make them
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Sirniyeh(m): 8:38am On Nov 08, 2011
Nobody will talk beyond the level of his understanding. Dressing matter has nothing to do with worshiping God. Dress is man's innovation and not God. God created Adam but he chose to put on covering. Its a matter of choice. Even, before civilization, people still walked naked. In Nigeria, before arrival of missionaries in 1842, people walked naked. Bcs religion came, will all past practice now be seen as evil? To me, I dont allow people to judge me by their own thought. It's a matter of personal choice. Some who dress decent are more terribly evil than the indecent. Many so called pastors, bornagain, decent-outlook, are armed robbers, 419, womanizers, and voodoo. Will you say bcs you dont eat okro, it is now sin for others to eat. Decency or not is man's palava but God's is Love. To use your either decency or not to be a blessing to people. Its your thought that will determine the happinings around you bcs its thought that connects with spiritual.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by trekkie: 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2012
rew
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by descentguy: 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
baslone: The men of God don't really care. So far they are getting more cheques!

Pastor Solomon Oziegbe, better wake up. Take them as they come.

Abi u no wan cruise X6?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by descentguy: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
you are not serious do you think it is every pastor that will have that kind of metallites.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Royalemex(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
The most indecently dresed church in nigeria is christ embassy
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by tpia1: 5:29am On Jul 20, 2014
gamechange: I'd rather you preach against decadence and indecent dressing in society at large. This approach of you warning them not to distract you at church meanwhile its us outside they should be tempting abi?

yes i should think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / God Told Me He's Tired Of People Who Are Not Married But Have Sex - Preacher Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.