Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline (3813 Views)

Saharareporters’ Website Hacked!!! / Download Bluestacks For Windows 7/8 & MAC PC (offline Installer) / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by channel801(f): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2011
The Sahara Reporters website crashed Friday morning in an apparent cyberattack.

“We've been alerted this morning by our host company that Saharareporters web site has come under massive attack, we are working with our upstream providers to restore service. We regret the inconveniences caused to our readers”, the group said on their Facebook page.

The site is inaccessible at the moment. Up till now, no one has claimed responsibility.

http://www.channel801.com/Varieties/saharareporterscom-target-of-attack-offline.html
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2011
How come most websites in Nigeria are not safe.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by kokoye(m): 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2011
is anything safe in Nigeria 

blame boko haram
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2011
kokoye:

blame boko haram

Cyber-haram
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by dellnet: 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
afam4eva:

How come most websites in Nigeria are not safe.
It is not only in/from Nigeria. Just search for the amount of sites hacked this year.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
dell_net:

It is not only in/from Nigeria. Just search for the amount of sites hacked this year.

But it affects high profile websites in Nigeria more. Rarely will you see high profile websites in the US being hacked.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2011
afam4eva:

But it affects high profile websites in Nigeria more. Rarely will you see high profile websites in the US being hacked.

Please do your research first, Mastercard website was disrupted using DDos, Gawker was hacked with email and passwords disclosed, Sony was hacked, and the list goes on.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by MrWhy1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2011
Even Pentagon was hacked. No site is immune to attack from hackers if there is loopholes.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by Imeobong(m): 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2011
www.saharareporters.com is working now, Enjoy!!

Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by muyoto: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^its not going yet sad
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by joudini(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2011
afam4eva:

Guy you funny o.

Facebook is going down on November 5, 2011. Na 'anonymous' talk am o. Used to have mad lurv for these guys until there was some internal split in there and they lost it. Hacking into power systems, police database and posting the information online etc. These guys are taking laws into their hands.

Well, for those of you interested, to forestall this threat from anonymous, facebook is running a bug bounty program, where you get at least $500 for finding a bug.

So, for that guy l read somewhere on nairaland that said he can hack into 90% of php developed sites, here is your legal opportunity. And you getting paid at it winkwink
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by joudini(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2011
My bad, its 8th November and not 5th. Facebook has been given months to defend. It will be interesting how this turns out.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by werepeLeri: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2011
afam4eva:

Think before you type.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by joudini(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2011
I feel like an ass doing this,lol. On one of their articles on phrack, they claimed 8th November, but the web is awashed with 5th November. Whichever it is, it shouldn't bug me that much, I deactivated mine almost a yr ago. Peace out.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by rareman(m): 2:56am On Oct 08, 2011
Sorry guys sure this is off topic, pls I want to know how to generate pin to communicate on blackberry just got one am on glo comonth, don't really know my pin, have tried the blackberry app world sorry I don't understand it, thanks for ur help
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by oladayo042: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2011
kokoye:

Good Question.

From citizens to police banks, Abuja, and the whole country.
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by Gbenge77(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2011
FEMARY:

We have SIM router in stock.Just pop in your sim card and star browsing LIVE on 3.5 G networks.

1.Just insert your sim card and start browsing wirelessly/or through wired network.

2.Make/receive calls with this router.It serves as a gsm land line.

3.High speed internet browsing on GLO/MTN/AIRTEL 3.5G networks.

4.No need for modems again.

Pick it up @

Coretech Products & Services
2nd Floor Victory Plaza
57 Awolowo Way
Ikeja,Lagos

why you dey derail thread na?,
Re: Saharareporters.com Target Of Attack, Offline by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2011
hmmmmn! why do i have a strong suspicion that @Beaf is behind this - He is the only one on Nairaland with enough mouth to pull it off grin

(1) (Reply)

"See What A Nairalander Did For Olamide, Dija, Davido & Korede Bello" / Cheap UK Used Laptop Deals Available Here - I5, I3, Core 2 Duo Etc / Problem With Hp 620 Motherboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.