Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help (6054 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / Any Difference Between Notebook, Netbook, Ultrabook, Probook And Laptop? / Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help by chux76(m): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
Hello,
I have a SAMSUNG NETBOOK NC10 with configurations as below:
Windows XP Home Edition V.2002 SP 3
CPU N270 @1.60Ghz
1.60 Ghz, 1.99GBGB RAM.

I had it formatted and installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition,but ever since it has been running very slow. Sometimes my browsers stop responding and I either have to close the browser or in some cases,force a restart on the netbook,applications take time to respond and I have been wondering what could be the problem.
I have downloaded and installed the necessary softwares for Windows 7 on the Netbook's website and it still runs slow. I thought 2GB RAM with the 1.60Ghz config shouldn't be a problem with Windows 7. Pls what is the possible solution to make my little toy run very fast?

Another thing is I can no longer find the webcam on my netbook,although I have installed the webcam application software for Windows 7 which i downloaded from the website,still I cant find where to access the webcam,and I wonder if the webcam would still work.

PLS HELLLLPPPPP!!!!

Tnx
Re: My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help by justwise(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2011
chux76:

Hello,
CPU N270 @1.60Ghz
1.60 Ghz, 1.99GBGB RAM.

I had it formatted and installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition,but ever since it has been running very slow. Sometimes my browsers stop responding and I either have to close the browser or in some cases,force a restart on the netbook,applications take time to respond and I have been wondering what could be the problem.
I have downloaded and installed the necessary softwares for Windows 7 on the Netbook's website and it still runs slow. I thought 2GB RAM with the 1.60Ghz config shouldn't be a problem with Windows 7. Pls what is the possible solution to make my little toy run very fast?

Another thing is I can no longer find the webcam on my netbook,although I have installed the webcam application software for Windows 7 which i downloaded from the website,still I cant find where to access the webcam,and I wonder if the webcam would still work.

PLS HELLLLPPPPP!!!!

Tnx

I'm using the same netbook as yours, the same config. though mine is Inter(R) Atom processor but its fast, i'm actually dual booting it with Ubuntu.

Did you scan it for viruses? Clean it with Ccleaner?
Re: My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help by deji2009(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2011
chux76:

Hello,
CPU N270 @1.60Ghz
1.60 Ghz, 1.99GBGB RAM.

PLS HELLLLPPPPP!!!!

Tnx

Having checked http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_mdl_name=NP-NC10 I found out

the netbook does support windows 7 and windows XP. check to make sure the following programmes are not installed.

Norton security software

Zone alarm

Click start run and type in prefetch [/b]press enter to continue

delete everything except readyboot then exit

Do the same but this time around type in[b] temp

Click start, run and type msconfig press enter to continue

click startup and remove everything all ticks except the one

with microsoft cooperation and your security software

click apply and ok then restart to test

Next you restarted your laptop check to make sure windows update is

not schedule to automatically install update. try visiting the windows update

section to find if it is then that would explain why is slow.

Furthermore,

Click start and look for windows update

Check to make sure no update are available,

if they're please install them. Especially service pack 1
Re: My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help by Seun(m): 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
Get more ram. At least 3GB. You'll be shocked by the performance. Also, uninstall unnecessary programs.
Re: My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help by infomart: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2011
Hi,

We could help you fix your Samsung Netbook running slow issues.

If you are in Lagos then you can come to our office for assistance.

Call me on 08023525720, then i ll forward our address to you

stay cool man

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Watch Videos On Youtube / MTN 4.5G Monthly Data Bundle / hp 640g2 i7 6th gen for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.