Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police (16772 Views)

I Wasn’t Gang Raped; I Agreed To Have Sex With Them, 16-yr-old / ABSU Gang Violation Suspect Has Been Identified – Minister / 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by mashnino(m): 1:43am On Oct 08, 2011
The Abia State Police command has explained why it suspended investigations into the gang violation that happened in its Abia State University. The state police command said the girl-victim consented to the violation.
[size=15pt]
An online website monitoring the case yesterday reported that commenting on a DVD tape sent to his CP to expedite investigations into the activities of the criminal gang, J.G. Micloth, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of Abia  State Police command Criminal Investigation Department said the lady had consented to the gang crime.[/size]

He was quoted as saying that after watching the DVD, he said he did not see the young lady resist the violation.

On Thursday, 300 women from Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, were stopped by the Abia State police command from protesting in Umuahia, the state capital, against the controversial gang-violation alleged to have taken place at the state university, Uturu.

In Umuahia, the women, who said they came under the umbrella of civil society groups in the South-East and Igbo Women Organizations, urged  the government and police to conduct deeper investigation into the ugly incident.

The police stoppage of the Abia walk happened on a day Abia State police command announced N500, 000 reward to anyone with information that could lead to the arrest of the perpetrators or identification of the violation victim.

A statement by the command’s spokesman, ASP Geoffrey Ogbonna, said: “The command in its usual manner of protecting informants’ identity, assures utmost secrecy in this regard while a handsome reward of N500,000 awaits any one with useful information.”

The women, who came into Umuahia with two big buses, were stopped close to Government House by the Divisional Police Officer of Umuahia and diverted to the Central Police Station. However, last week  the Assistant Commissioner of Police head said the Police cannot go on with the investigation because ”they cannot tell who the suspects are ‘from the legs’ in the video, amongst 70 million males in Nigeria”.

Mr Micloth yesterday said gang violation is often videoed as a tool by under-graduate boys to rubbish the self esteem of snobbish girls. He said even if the lady had not consented, he figured that she was a girlfriend to one of the cultists and must have probably cheated on him and when queried ‘insulted’ the boy hence he probably assembled a gang to teach her the lesson of her life, the website said.

It would be recalled that some students who are now known in the media circle as Uchenna, Wisdom, Zaki, Chisom and Ifeanyi — all believed to be students of Abia State University gang violated a young lady sometime in August this year, recorded it on video and circulated the dastardly act on youtube three weeks ago.

Mr Micloth who claimed to be heading the Police investigating team said ‘Several visits have been made to ABSU. Police have consulted the VC and checked the University records. Searches have been conducted and still on going in students Lodges.

Maranatha Lodge and Duperville Lodges have been checked room to room. Unfortunately no such names cited in the internet and press live there.

None also in the University records’ the website, elombah.com had “revealed the gang violation assailants as Ifeanyi Justin Ogu, Jonah Uche, Zaki and Winston Okoye Chinonso.”

In the violation video, which lasted well over an hour, the girl could be seen trying to fight off the men. When her efforts proved abortive amidst beatings, she resorted to pleading with them to spare her; but her pleas fell on deaf ears. And when she could not take the excruciating pain any longer, she begged them to kill her, instead of letting her live with the stigma our society would pile on top of her already horrendous trauma. As she pleaded with them, the boys laughed and mocked her, asking her to ‘co-operate’ or face two more days of torture by violation.

The incident, which is believed to have occured in Abia State sparked outrage nationwide

SOURCE http://www.nairation.com/discussion/44/absu-gang-violation-victim-agreed-to-be-violated-police
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Oct 08, 2011
WOW  . . . . she agreed to be ra=ped. This is from Police in Nigeria. WOW! This in the year 2011 . . . . WOW , . . WOWOW!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by ektbear: 1:57am On Oct 08, 2011
Wow.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 08, 2011
God go punish them.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by duduspace(m): 2:00am On Oct 08, 2011
The height of absurdity, how did this buffon become an ACP?  undecided
and from what bush did he emerge from?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Yeske2(m): 2:03am On Oct 08, 2011
Bunch of clowns
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by onila(f): 2:03am On Oct 08, 2011
what a fu-cking country
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by rareman(m): 2:14am On Oct 08, 2011
They should spare us this nonsense pls, what is happening here, what's the need for police in this our society. God help us
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by cold(m): 2:14am On Oct 08, 2011
Yes na she consented to being r aped.Didn't you all watch the video?Didn't you all see how relaxed she was?If I didn't know any better i'd say she was enjoying it.Naija we hail thee
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 08, 2011
The solution is simple. Kidnap his daughter and do the same. Make he talk this nonsense again.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Beaf: 2:17am On Oct 08, 2011
[size=14pt]This is the sort of thing that makes me want to strangle the next policeman I see! angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by SisiKill1: 2:26am On Oct 08, 2011
Speechless!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by polokor60(m): 2:31am On Oct 08, 2011
ogugua88:

The solution is simple. Kidnap his daughter and do the same. Make he talk this nonsense again.
i thought as much
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Dgunnerz(m): 2:51am On Oct 08, 2011
NPF una welldone oooooo!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by kabukabu50(m): 2:54am On Oct 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW  . . . . she agreed to be ra=ped. This is from Police in Nigeria. WOW! This in the year 2011 . . . . WOW , . . WOWOW!

Yep, I call bullsh.it on this, the corrupt and incompetent "nigerian police" just wont and can't do their job here as always. grin

so they "blame the victim" grin, just sad.

That folks a snapshot of what a failed soceity nigeria has become.

now men are free to gang ra, pe women all over nigeria without fear of repercussion, because in the end the police will blame the victim grin
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by nigerhead(m): 2:54am On Oct 08, 2011
I had to scroll to the top to check if I was in the jokes section and someone had decided to type out some sick joke. I dont think any right thinking human being that has seen even a ten minute clip of that video will come out and say such rubbish, talk-less of someone tht is meant to be securing us. Even if she had wanted to have sex at the start, it rapidly became obvious she didnt want to do it again after sometime, so why were the guyz behaving like dogs. Please its still early in the morning, I dont want to be angry first thing this morning.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 08, 2011
they cannot tell who the suspects are ‘from the legs’ in the video,
tongue  tongue tongue

they should bribe a high profile prostit.ute in the school, probably she must recognise one of the legs!  wink

@topic this police ppl silly!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Princek12(m): 2:59am On Oct 08, 2011
Many women consent to intimate intercourse with multiple men, but cry violation when their stories of being a slut becomes known to the public. They do so to make themselves look like victims of violation rather than sluts.

I am not saying that the lady in this incident did the same thing, but it is a possibility. Having watched the tape, I cannot conclude whether the intercourse was consensual or not. What I do know is that, just like many men who are victims of false accusations of rrape get convicted and receive an unfair treatment from the public before trial, these men have been convicted in the court of public opinion. No one knows the what really happened. That lady could have consented to being ran a train on.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 08, 2011
Are we still on this case? I thought they already made some arrest undecided
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 08, 2011
very soon one mad man will start a Nigeria vs Nigerians in diaspora thread
dont get me wrong i love my naija but with situations like this,i really do not regret leaving
wow
wow
wow
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 08, 2011
Princek12:

Many women consent to intimate intercourse with multiple men, but cry violation when their stories of being a slut becomes known to the public. They do so to make themselves look like victims of violation rather than sluts.

I am not saying that the lady in this incident did the same thing, but it is a possibility. Having watched the tape, I cannot conclude whether the intercourse was consensual or not. What I do know is that, just like many men who are victims of false accusations of rrape get convicted and receive an unfair treatment from the public before trial, these men have been convicted in the court of public opinion. No one knows the what really happened. That lady could have consented to being ran a train on.

think about the bolded part very well and see if it makes any sense to you
do you think your sister(God forbid)will tell you she agrred to such a thing?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Princek12(m): 3:12am On Oct 08, 2011
milehigh06:

think about the bolded part very well and see if it makes any sense to you
do you think your sister(God forbid)will tell you she agrred to such a thing?

the fact that you may not have seen such women does not mean they do not exist. some women like that kind of stuff. Or do you think those kind of women don't exist?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by arsenefc: 3:18am On Oct 08, 2011
The police got it right on this one

This is not a r/a/p/e case.

The girl wasnt raped at all. Rough s3x? You bet. R//a/p/e? Hellz No
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by otokx(m): 3:22am On Oct 08, 2011
this thing is becoming another thing
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 08, 2011
Princek12:
the fact that you may not have seen such women does not mean they do not exist. some women like that kind of stuff. Or do you think those kind of women don't exist?

Even if she consented, I don't think she would agree to such a video being filmed in a school dormitory and, furthermore, recorded and circulated online. Unless she's a paid IndecentStar, I highly doubt the victim is, she would have wanted this kept under wraps (which leads to another legal issue of its own). We've been given facts. Five young men Were Intimate with one woman, after she begged for them to stop. That is the definition of violation.

You shouldn't be trying to twist it into some far-fetched story, unless you're a defense attorney for one of the suspects. Simply look at what we've all been given and come to a conclusion.

Since you've already mentioned it though, I ask this. EVEN IF that was the case, Prince, did the commissioner and the rest of Abia State Police whom were assigned this case thoroughly investigate it to come to such a conclusion? I know the answer. I know you know it too.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by kabukabu(m): 3:27am On Oct 08, 2011
arsenefc:

The police got it right on this one

This is not a r/a/p/e case.

The girl wasnt violated at all. Rough s3x? You bet. R//a/p/e? Hellz No

Rough s.ex with 5 guys at a time, I hope thats not how you came into this world. grin
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by MissEZ(f): 3:28am On Oct 08, 2011
@ arsenefc and Prince, your comments make me really sad. Haba think this issue well o, I am not saying there arent nymphos out there, i highly doubt this is the case here.

If there is consent, it cannot be called rape, someone needs to educate the foolish man. I doubt this girl agreed to sleep with 5 men in an hour. Even if there was consent, it was probably for one person. For 5 guys to just decide to sleep with one girl, haba have mercy now,

O wow, This really makes me sad, How can anyone justify this. The guys who did this are animals and very depraved.what makes me sad is these guys will marry someone someday and become fathers. Very perverted psychos. How can a decent man wait in line and sleep with a girl after 4 other men.Haba, shey babes don finish for this world, kai kai kai, this thing is paining me.

Its funny how people are trying to make excuses for the guys, this is just not fair plain and simple. May the evil that these guys have done catch up with them soon
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by amblors(m): 3:33am On Oct 08, 2011
@arsenefc, i want to believe so badly you're a robot,
attitude/thinking like yours would put us in reverse.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by kabukabu(m): 3:33am On Oct 08, 2011
Princek12:

Seriously, its like you don't apply common sense in your reasoning at all, few women like that kind of thing and if at all they do, not with 5 strangers,forcibly holding her down and taping it. grin

This is yet another case ignorant citizens like you being brainwashed into thinking that nigerian law enforcement is actually looking out for you. grin

what a shame, wake up and realise it could be your turn to be a victim next time
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Princek12(m): 3:38am On Oct 08, 2011
ogugua88:

Even if she consented, I don't think she would agree to such a video being filmed in a school dormitory and, furthermore, recorded and circulated online. Unless she's a paid IndecentStar, I highly doubt the victim is, she would have wanted this kept under wraps (which leads to another legal issue of its own). We've been given facts. Five young men Were Intimate with one woman, after she begged for them to stop. That is the definition of violation.

You shouldn't be trying to twist it into some far-fetched story, unless you're a defense attorney for one of the suspects. Simply look at what we've all been given and come to a conclusion.

Since you've already mentioned it though, I ask this. EVEN IF that was the case, Prince, did the commissioner and the rest of Abia State Police whom were assigned this case thoroughly investigate it to come to such a conclusion? I know the answer. I know you know it too.

Whether she consented to being filmed, and whether she consented to the distribution of the video is another issue. If that were the case, then she should bring a civil suit against invasion of privacy or some other civil cause of action. The issue is whether she was rape, which is a criminal act.

I am sick and tired of people making an emotional judgment because multiple guys did her. You guys are either naive or feigning ignorance to the possibility that this girl could have been an ashy who was paid.

During the video I remember her saying that she had to go back to work. So maybe she is crying rape when her madam discovered that she was not at work.

How did she even arrive at the room in the first place? Like I said earlier, I am not saying that she was not raped, but that it is possible that she was not.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by MissEZ(f): 3:41am On Oct 08, 2011
Haba guy, seriously cant you hear the girl protesting through out the video. haba guy, get small conscience, Will you come out and agree that it was you in this video if it was you, haba,  all the guys keep talking about is that they have their own car. In any case is this how men should behave?

I still maintain that even if there was some form of consent, that babe did not agree for 5 men to sleep with her, and its violation because she asked them to stop several times. "No" means i do not consent.

Infact this whole thing de vex me
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by BabaEleko(m): 3:43am On Oct 08, 2011
[size=18pt]AM DONE WITH YOU, NIGERIA!![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customs Intercept 2,200 Jerry Cans Of Smuggled Petrol Worth N10 Million(photos) / Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released / Man Caught Buying Goods With Fake Money In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.