Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) (10772 Views)

Review Ice Prince New Album Eli(everybody Loves Iceprince) / Everybody Loves Ice Prince Album Art + Track Listing [iceprince #eli] / Illbliss Highly Anticipated Album Finally Drops!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by ponti93(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
As ice prince drops his new album. Do you think the name of the album is appropriate? I have already gotten my own online; the songs are making sense.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by brixton: 12:57am On Oct 09, 2011
no
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by BabaEleko(m): 3:01am On Oct 09, 2011
Hey OP thanks for this thread. Please, i need the download link to the album. Blessed!
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by darequam(m): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2011
Ah go n buy it, don't download free pls, let rip from where he sowed pls
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by yoji: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2011
Anybody who can't pay 150 for a cd is nothing but a lowlife dat should be banned from world music!!! 150 Chei pple are wicked and after they say our politicians r d problem
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by ponti93(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
Wats d beef.Av bought it.My best sng in it is dat nigga.U can buy it at www.Hibuzz.com or www.notjustok.com
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by amblors(m): 1:49am On Oct 10, 2011
the simplest way to put it is - Its an average album, i dare say a poor one.
kudos for his effort, but,
people would certainly love it coz its Ice.
It doesn't exactly define him as an artist.
lyrically its very poor.
wassup with that 'baby' track? thats an embarassing track.
he shudda removed that one and made the album 16tracks not like they're many gems on there.
they're a couple decent tracks like: find you, by this time n that nigga, thats asides the previously released singles.

i feel for those that spent $6.99 on it, thats a steep price to pay.
N150 is just fine for it.

people calling it best rap album of the year are groupies.
It doesn't even qualify to be nominated.

You want to listen to a core rap album go get "Blink - The World is small "album
you want to listen to a blend of commercial n hardcore tracks - get "SDC The Dreamer Project" album
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by BabaEleko(m): 4:07am On Oct 10, 2011
yoji:

Anybody who can't pay 150 for a cd is nothing but a lowlife dat should be banned from world music!!! 150 Chei pple are wicked and after they say our politicians r d problem

Shut the fukc up as5hole. U think i won't buy it if it was available here. U haven't moved past MMA to know that once u outta naija u off d reach of naija music. When u start to dey buy cd sef wey u wan con dey pull big boi here on top 150.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2011
That's not entirely true. Notjustok has a great music library, and more Nigerian artists are catching on with iTunes. Timaya, Duncan Mighty, P-Square, Flavour, Bracket, Mo Cheddah, Darey, 2 Face, Naeto C, and Wizkid are just a few on iTunes believe it or not. Even Bouqui dey there, and they're all up to date for the most part. If it's not on iTunes, then NJO. And vice versa.

You can find Ice Prince's album on NJO. I trust within a week or two, it will be on iTunes too.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by hatch: 5:19am On Oct 10, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

Hey OP thanks for this thread. Please, i need the download link to the album. Blessed!

You must be a low life indeed angry

Baba_Eleko:

Shut the fukc up as5hole. U think i won't buy it if it was available here. U haven't moved past MMA to know that once u outta naija u off d reach of naija music. When u start to dey buy cd sef wey u wan con dey pull big boi here on top 150.

Are you really this du.mb or you are just actually acting it. if you are that exposed as you make us believe on this forum, you should at least know that a good number of Nigerian Hip Hop albums can be purchased on music websites such as notjustok.com.

All you need to do is just do a simple google search ! Kai Nigerians can act smart as be real dumm.ies in real life. chei !!! undecided
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by bdavid(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2011
CHECK OUT #E.L.I FULL ALBUM REVIEW + 2 FREE TRACKS OFF THE ALBUM   http://www.mixrhythm.com/music-review/ice-prince-2/

SHARE WITH FRIENDS.

Everybody Loves Iceprince Album
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by Kevdiesel(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2011
TELL A FRIEND! Artiste and Producers Promote your songs, videos, albums, products or business now on www.pressplay360.comsend in an enquiry to, marketing@pressplay360.comorcall: 08099253225
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by cold(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2011
Well here are a couple of reviews for ELI;

ELI launch has come and gone. If you ask all the people that attended the event, they will tell you that it was an explosive and high energy show. Here are a few pictures from the event which wrapped up just a few hours ago. Expect more pictures and videos to be released this week.

Remember to Buy the Album below. In less than 24 hours it became the 3rd highest selling album in the notjustOk store
http://www.notjustok.com/2011/10/09/pictures-ice-prince-eli-album-launch/

And a more insightful and critical critique

It’s almost been three years since we first heard Ice Prince on Blaze off M.I’s classic debut Talk About It. He lacked the charm shown by M.I, the lyrical wit of Jesse Jagz and the menacing flow of Blaise. He seemed lost in the pack with his rigid flow and his feeble voice lacked command.

Its 2011 and the young man already has two hit singles tucked under his pricy designer belt; Superstar and the Hiroshima of a single Oleku. With his debut album Everybody Loves Ice Prince (E.L.I) the young cub who sat in the wings and watched his mentor M.I change the game virtually wants you to know that he is a grown Simba. Tucked in E.L.I are songs that display his growth as a song writer and not merely a rapper. Every track has been crafted to evoke a unique type of response and appeal to a certain demographic.

On the 17 track album, Ice Prince kicks off by paying homage to those who have been there before him on the Jude Abaga produced Remember. Fame can sometimes be a strange and lonely place and Ice Prince lets us know this over Jesse Jagz’ tribal drums. “Some of y’all really showed love way back/damn!-now y’all hating my success/how the Bleep am I suppose to relate that/huh? Am I supposed to be upset?”ponders Panshak Zamani on the trappings of fame and the hate it brings. It’s a J-Town gathering on Magician feat Yung L and J-Milla. The semi-erotic track can make some ladies thirst for some bumping and grinding despite some of its cheesy lyrics (“I’ma vote for you like campaign…you drop bomb like the Pakistan”).

Being one of the biggest pop acts in the federal republic it is only natural that Ice tries to duplicate the success of his monster hit Oleku. Sadly the tracks crafted in E.L.I for commercial success fail to hit their intended mark. The high-life based Baby should have been left on the cutting floor, while the collabo between Ice and Wizkid Olofofo which boasts of an uninspired beat from M.I huffs and puffs but fails to blow the house down. However the other highlife influenced song which features Wizboy By This Time fares much better but End of Story produced by Samklef goes over the bar. Samklef’s now popular drums were once exciting but now creep on nauseating. Wassup Wassup featuring the juggernauts of pop hits Tu Face sounds like a smash with Ice Prince admirably switching his flow which signals his growth at crafting songs. 2 Baba’s freestyle verse and the saxophone employed by Jesse bolster the track.

Despite the missteps, Ice Prince has some deep cuts to offer like Find You. Now an orphan with the passing away of his mum this year he dedicates this track to his parents. His little sister ends the somber track with her wishing she could find her parents again. Somebody Lied speaks on how he hopped on that bus to Lagos while many discouraged him. “Shey na Lagos dem dey blow I go end there/ I took that night bus ‘cos me I had hope/ and back home I was getting tired of being bad broke/ if na hunger we go fight, I go try cope/ Me I go wash dem eye till they cry soap”. In between verse 1 and 3, he delivers a rare conscious verse which touches on the failed promises of democracy since 1999.

For the rap heads, Ice crafts a song especially for them. Dat Ni**a featuring the new but impressive Morell on the hook is not only Ice’s finest rap moment but Jesse Jagz too on the producer’s chair. It’s hard, it knocks and reminiscent of Ice Prince when he was in beast mode killing features but this time around with a brand new flow.

The dual flaws in ELI are that some of the commercial songs backfire and Ice’s habit of spitting some cheesy and head scratching lines. They slightly draw back a body of work solidly drafted by the rapper. The spotlight should also be on the major architect of the LP, Jesse Jagz. His beats make the album cohesive and with his scene stealing verse on the obligatory Choc Boys outro track Thank You; you wonder why he is not the hottest item in Nigeria’s pop music scene right now.

Everybody Loves Ice Prince is an album with a good solid core and a few blemishes on its exterior but hey what’s love without accepting one’s imperfections?

http://popoffcentral..com/2011/10/post-eli-album-review.html
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by cold1: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2011
Banned for trying to post reviews of ELI

From NotJustOk;
ELI launch has come and gone. If you ask all the people that attended the event, they will tell you that it was an explosive and high energy show. Here are a few pictures from the event which wrapped up just a few hours ago. Expect more pictures and videos to be released this week.

Remember to Buy the Album below. In less than 24 hours it became the 3rd highest selling album in the notjustOk store.

http://www.notjustok.com/2011/10/09/pictures-ice-prince-eli-album-launch/
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by asudan: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
Cool down.forget them cos u have a vision that must be meet
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by amblors(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^
that song try, na Wizboyy n the beat are on point.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by aieromon(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2011
Baba Eleko,keep on doing what you know how to do best.Even though i copped the CD for N200,i still love to download $hyt for free.

@all
Let's get back to the topic of the thread.I haveWassup Wassup on repeat.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by amblors(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2011
wassup wassup is a very very average song na.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by aieromon(m): 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
amblors:

wassup wassup is a very very average song na.

Am feeling the instrumentals,still on repeat 'cos of the horns grin
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by Phony200(m): 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
Just got my copy now for N120!
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by rapjunkie(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2011
amblors:

i feel for those that spent $6.99 on it, thats a steep price to pay.
N150 is just fine for it.

where can i buy it for N150?. . . . .cos from the reviews so far I'd rather spend $6.99 on condoms. . . . grin grin grin
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by amblors(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2011
rapjunkie:

where can i buy it for N150?. . . . .cos from the reviews so far I'd rather spend $6.99 on condoms. . . .  grin grin grin

ha ha, only u na big boiz na, shell out the moni
spend the moni nwanne.

on a serious note, no try am sha, the album no try. lol
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by ponti93(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
Did i hear someone talk abt buyin d album 150.Albums ar sold  4 #100 dis syd.Bt i payd online wit d excitement oleku gave me i tot his album wil b beta dan m.I and jesse jagz own.Disapointd.Nt bad sha.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by MMM2(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
ok
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by BabaEleko(m): 5:59am On Oct 12, 2011
The album is average. The same nursery rhyme over and over. . . Interesting, testing, test me, intestine Blah blah blah, Dnt these naija rappers get tired of this kinda thing. I mean nothing to make you wann rewind a track and listen to what he just said. Na beat they save their as5, i no blame dem because na beat most mumus dey hear n catchy hook. Thank god i didn't risk my cc again on a naija run site.
Re: Ice Prince Finally Drops New Album Eli (Everybody Loves Ice-Prince) by mbulela: 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
I am still trying to get my head around why anyone expected anything better from Ice.
He has always been lyrically challenged.
why would there be a sudden leap in a full album?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unlimited Naija Music Download / Old Nigerian Musicians Vs Recent Ones / DOWNLOAD MP3 Simmy – Ubala Ft. Sun-el Musician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.