Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Osaze: Blames "t.b Joshua" Prophesy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze: Blames "t.b Joshua" Prophesy (1279 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osaze: Blames "t.b Joshua" Prophesy by 12large1: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2011
Super Eagles striker Osaze Odemwingie has blamed the prediction of Prophet TB Joshua for Nigeria’s failure to qualify for next year’s Nations Cup.

Nigeria were forced to a 2-2 draw Saturday afternoon in Abuja to finish second in Group B with 11 points, three points behind Syli Stars.

In a chat with reporters at the reception hall of the Transcorp Hilton shortly after the match, Osaze agreed that he did not play to expectations in the match but said the prediction of Prophet Joshua also put pressure on the team.

“Yes, I would say I am sorry to Nigerians for not playing according to expectation and I believe I did not play well in the match. But the prediction of Prophet TB Joshua really affected us.

“We thought we could see him and see how he could overturn the negative prediction but the officials came with another prophet who prayed for us and told us that all was well.

“But in all we did not do our own bit of the job well as players and we are not happy that we won’t play at the forthcoming Nations Cup.”

Speaking in same vein, Samsunspor striker Ekhigo Ehiosun said the players were very much annoyed with themselves for not getting the ticket to the Nations Cup.

“Some people are saying they are not happy for not qualifying. We are the worst hit because personally this should have been my first Nations Cup and I am really unhappy that we couldn’t get the result to go to the Nations Cup,” Ehiosun told MTNFootball.com

“My hope was high before the kick-off. We are really sorry for disappointing Nigerians. It is a sad day for me and my colleagues.

“The coach has done his best but we the players really messed up.”
Re: Osaze: Blames "t.b Joshua" Prophesy by 12large1: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
rich man go dey hala sey ya "modupe" poor man go dey shout "awalam ye" chai i thought God is partial in football. "if prayers was used to matches, by now nigeria should have been won a worldcup
Re: Osaze: Blames "t.b Joshua" Prophesy by 12large1: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
my bad i forgot sources. http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/afric , ed-us.html

(1) (Reply)

Football Transfer Live! / Is Usain Bolt Cheating? / Top 10 Richest Football Club Owners In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.