Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,381 members, 7,800,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced (1670 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law / Nigerian Government Website Defaced By Brazilian Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced by fxpro1: 2:44am On Oct 09, 2011
I was just checking on the site,when i discovered it has been hacked by "over-x" http://www.abiastate.gov.ng I think the dude is some sick dude,he has been hacking LOTS of websites of recent, http://www.zone-h.org/archive/notifier=Over-X
[img]https://minus.com/mbakWT4FDm#1f[/img]
Re: Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
there are many sick kids out there. I have a site like that and get alerted each time the site blocks a hack attempt, the number of emails i receive daily has increase tremendously.
Some ppl no get work.
Re: Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced by yawatide(f): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
In the Nigerian context, I think it is good so that we stop awarding contracts like this based on cronyism. Also, it will hopefully make the leaders more educated with respect to online ventures.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a co-worker of mine last year. After getting his shared account hacked such that it wiped out, according to him, over 100 websites, he had a friend write a worm such that each time his account was hacked, the worm would deploy and infect the hackers computer. He said after a while, the hacking stopped.

Maybe the above is something fellow web developers should take into account as they look to make their sites more secure.
Re: Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

In the Nigerian context, I think it is good so that we stop awarding contracts like this based on cronyism. Also, it will hopefully make the leaders more educated with respect to online ventures.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a co-worker of mine last year. After getting his shared account hacked such that it wiped out, according to him, over 100 websites, he had a friend write a worm such that each time his account was hacked, the worm would deploy and infect the hackers computer. He said after a while, the hacking stopped.

Maybe the above is something fellow web developers should take into account as they look to make their sites more secure.

I actually looked in that direction also, but writing such worm beats me,
one way i corner the attempts is to append "deny IPADDRESS" to my .htaccess file, send me a mail and tell hacker that he has been reported.
70% of the time, they stop trying,

some still go a head to proxy but surely, before they get 2 work, they proxy ip gets zapped too
so they eventually stop trying and move to, well maybe your website grin
Re: Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced by Slyr0x: 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
Why PhynxLabs?

We at Phynxlabs provide top notch Security Services ranging from Code Review, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment and IT Security Consultancy. With a team of formidable Veterans whose expertise in IT Security remains unquestioned, we help to address security loopholes, if left unattended to would result into attacks that will affect your business directly.

Contact us today - support[at]phynxlabs[.]com
Re: Abia State Government Website Hacked # Defaced by instinctg(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
or contact me cos i am slyrox's manager. grin
@sly havent seen the report, do get back pls

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone To Help Build My Website / Start Earning With Your Website With Google Adsense / Would You Be So Kind To Give ME Backlink From Your Blog For A Token Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.