Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? (5409 Views)

Tell Me About Your Culture? What Do We Have In Common? / Declining Interest In Nigerian Culture! What Is Responsible? / The Ultimate Human Culture. What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 09, 2011
If you were allowed to change something about your culture what would it be?

BRB for now, cuz as I think of any I will come and list it.

Lord knows there are many.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 09, 2011
Our high level of tolerance for other group,

I would also say "Polygamy", but its not part of the Yoruba culture, it came with the Islam religion and it is practiced across Nigeria.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by MrsChima1(f): 5:14am On Oct 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I would also say "Polygamy", but its not part of the Yoruba culture, it came with the Islam religion and it is practiced across Nigeria.

Polygamy in America is bad too and the youngest girl introduced to marriage is 11 years old.

Polygamy initially were practiced by Muslims but other religions have adopted the polygamous lifestyle i.e. Mormons.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by millco88(f): 5:15am On Oct 09, 2011
Polygamy is actually good for black women
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 09, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Polygamy in America is bad too and the youngest girl introduced to marriage is 11 years old.  

Polygamy initially were practiced by Muslims but other religions have adopted the polygamous lifestyle i.e. Mormons.  

In the Northern Muslim states, the youngest, I believe, is 13yrs old. 11 is kinda too wicked nau.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 09, 2011
millco88:

Really? And its bad for black men?
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by HotieTima(f): 5:18am On Oct 09, 2011
[size=30pt]brb for this one i swear[/size]
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 09, 2011
millco88:

Stop cracking dumb jokes.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by MrsChima1(f): 5:19am On Oct 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

In the Northern Muslim states, the youngest, I believe, is 13yrs old. 11 is kinda too wicked nau.

Some of the ex-Mormons shared that the reason why young girls are married at 11 or 12 years old is to maintain the blood line (children) because what would a child know about pleasing an old man?   undecided
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by MrsChima1(f): 5:21am On Oct 09, 2011
OP

I would change the inferior complexity that many black men have.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Dabss(m): 6:07am On Oct 09, 2011
I will make polygamy legal
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2011
Nonsense.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Dabss(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2011
Cos you are a woman lol
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by eunisam: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2011
nothing
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by jason2010(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2011
If I had the power, I will obliterate the cast system known as OSU and UME. This particular part of my culture keeps settings us back.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2011
The Osu caste system in Igboland is disgraceful. I'd change that.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Ranoscky(m): 10:00am On Oct 09, 2011
If you say my "culture", then I don't think I can recall anything that I would like to change for NOW (maybe later)!
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Succy4luv: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2011
If i'm given the opportunity 2 change any of my culture, i would not hesitate 2 change the so-called OSU stuff. It piss me off, each time i hear that, cos it's nonsense
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Glory82: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
k
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by HotieTima(f): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
smiley smiley ia m bck

lord i would love to change the whole silly thing about how we can't get marry to some other culture out of our own like wtf undecided undecided undecided that needs to go

and the whole silly thing when u get in a fight with some one older than u, no one ever ask the young one they side of the story straight away they right goes to the older person are u for real man undecided undecided lord

the fact that boys have more freedom then us and they never use it right silly thing's tongue tongue
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Blazing88(f): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
CANCEL POLYGAMYb
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by MMM2(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
free alcohol & drugz angry
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
Hotie Tima:

smiley smiley ia m bck

lord i would love to change the whole silly thing about how we can't get marry to some other culture out of our own like wtf undecided undecided undecided that needs to go

[b]and the whole silly thing when u get in a fight with some one older than u, no one ever ask the young one they side of the story straight away they right goes to the older person are u for real man undecided undecided lord[/b]the fact that boys have more freedom then us and they never use it right silly thing's tongue tongue

Gbam!!!!! I mean without even no logocal explanation, they will just go "apologise to he/her" Lie really?

I hate it.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
M M M:

Is that part of your culture?
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by TCD: 2:01pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oh really? Polygamy came with islam? Sango was said to have had 3 wives as well as many other kings centuries before the fulani's invaded. Please get your facts straight.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by HotieTima(f): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
M M M:

grin grin grin lol what king of culture is that
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by God2man(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
Polygamy,incisions,worshiping of a strange God.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by aloyemeka1: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
Polygamy is not Islamic culture. Our ancestors practiced polygamy before Islam came. If polygamy is Islamic, how come there is polygamy in SE and SS parts of the country where Islam is almost non existent?.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
More self awareness and self reliance.
(for both my west indian and african american cultures).
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by cmpunk: 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
Gosh! Anytime we go village(southwest) 4 christmas, me n ma sista feel like running back. Who invented kneeling and postrating!?, U must greet MR ABC.-XYY, ouch! Our knees hurt bad bad. Fine boy cloth too don dirty sef, i no gbadun am at all.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by iice(f): 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
Nothing really. Never was one to adhere to a dictated way of life.
Re: If You Could Change Something About Your Culture What Would It Be? by mjconcept(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
I will drag tribalism and corruption to hell fire cos is fast becoming a major naija culture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... / Far East Asian Languages Are Near African Languages / Pls Help Me With Lineage(oriki) Of INISHA Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.