Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,617 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer (4051 Views)

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Man Buries His One-Day-Old Baby, Shares Pics Of Her Burial On Facebook / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
2 Day-Old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer

A farmer was at work in the afternoon on Thursday when he heard a baby crying.  He followed the sound to discover  a baby girl, who seemed to have been buried alive. She had managed to push her head above the ground.

The farmer, who is from Madhya Pradesh's Bodna village in India, rushed the child to a local hospital.  Doctors believe she was 48 hours old before she was rescued.

She is now recovering well.

Minister for Education Archana Chitnis has visited the child and ordered the hospital to monitor the baby carefully.  The police is trying to locate her parents.  But the baby is unlikely to be returned to them.

Madhya Pradesh had the highest number of recorded cases of both female feticide and infanticide in 2009.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/114326-2-day-old-baby-girl-buried-alive-rescued-by-farmer.html
Re: 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer by koolJ1(f): 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2011
I scrolled down thinking it happened here in God's own clown-tree 'nigeria' buh was deeply disappointed! Or maybe in d nigerian case d baby wld be found afta its decayed. God has a plan for yu,baby,stay alive! And God bless farmer too!
Re: 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2011
cry cry
Re: 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer by ronkebp(f): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2011
Hmmmm, thank God the child was rescued. God would forgive the child's mother.
Re: 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2011
Thank the good Lord the infant survived. I wonder what would cause a mother to carry a baby full term, only to dump it after birth. And burying it alive? Shocking.
Re: 2 Day-old Baby Girl Buried Alive Rescued By Farmer by BetterPoison: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2020
Pathric

(1) (Reply)

My 2month-old Baby Fed Baby Food Without My Consent! / Is A Separated Spouse Obligated To Care For Their Ill Partner? / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.