Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Owerri, Imo State In Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri, Imo State In Pictures (58851 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
Background

Owerri is the capital of Imo State in Nigeria, set in the heart of the Igboland.Owerri consists of three Local Govern Areas including Owerri Municipal, Owerri North and Owerri West, it has an estimated population of about 400,000 as of 2006 and is approximately 40 square miles (100 km2) in area. Owerri is bordered by the Otamiri River to the east and the Nworie River to the south.

The Owerri Slogan is Heartland. It is currently referred to as the entertainment capital of Nigeria and is home to an annual beauty pageant called "Miss Heartland".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owerri

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
Beautiful

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
wow

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
The Nigerian London, owerri

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2011
awesome

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
cool city

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
Owerri

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
beautiful

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
wonderful

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
the abuja of the SE, owerri

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
A place to be, owerri

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
owerri

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2011
wow

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Dgunnerz(m): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
Are these cities in Nigeria?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
Background

Owerri is the capital of Imo State in Nigeria, set in the heart of the Igboland.Owerri consists of three Local Govern Areas including Owerri Municipal, Owerri North and Owerri West, it has an estimated population of about 400,000 as of 2006 and is approximately 40 square miles (100 km2) in area. Owerri is bordered by the Otamiri River to the east and the Nworie River to the south.

The Owerri Slogan is Heartland. It is currently referred to as the entertainment capital of Nigeria and is home to an annual beauty pageant called "Miss Heartland".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owerri
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Are these cities in Nigeria?

yes they are.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by llbhuds: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
the only thing i can see now in these pictures is just green grasses and nothing more
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by TenKobo1: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
Untill i see with my naked eyes, pictures could be deceitful.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by GOZILLA(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2011
, And later some people go say Ohakim no do anything!

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by otokx(m): 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
Is this not the kidnapping capital of Nigeria?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2011
otokx:

Is this not the kidnapping capital of Nigeria?

Who said so?

Imo is one of the peaceful states in Nigeria, with low crime rate and well educated citizenry. The kidnapping saga was a political creation by the political bigwigs of the state.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by EPOMA(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
chamber2:

The Nigerian London, owerri

I can see that your standard is very low to call this Nigeria london. Poor road marking, contruction , surveying and I can go on, we have to learn to do things the modern way and stop praising low standard work
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
EPOMA:

I can see that your standard is very low to call this Nigeria london. Poor road marking, contruction , surveying and I can go on, we have to learn to do things the modern way and stop praising low standard work

I never said it's the best. But based on ''Nigerian standard'' it is one of the few good ones we have
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by 27naira(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2011
llbhuds:

the only thing i can see now in these pictures is just green grasses and nothing more

lol. you dey mind mr poster. em dey show us green lawn in 2011 when other countries are building intelligent cities. smh
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Anvaller: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
chamber2:

awesome

Imagine this guy saying a narrow tarred road is awesome, I can't understand these NLers, what is awesome about this? In virtually all state, u can take pictures of beautiful places in one state and give an impression that everywhere looks like that. c'mon, see th same guy saying London, This guy is up to something sarcastic. He is trying to coerce ppl into believing what he want them to believe.

I mean what is spectacular in showing picture of flowers and grass on road sides, the edges of the road is not even properly finished and above all, no drainage. Such a highway without drainage, Shame! don't u know that roads in London are drained from the underground? All u need is just a heavy downpour and the grass and the flower will be washed away.

U know foreigners are hanging on this NL too, dont let them think we are so cheap pls.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
Grasses and flowers die,

I cant see anything impressive in the pictures
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by DaDoctor: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
@OP

E DON TEY WEY U GO OWERRI LAST O!
WHO DEY DEECIVE U WITH OHAKIM FIRST YEAR PIX?

AS AT 2ND AND 3RD YEAR ALL DON DIE.

GREEEN AND CLEAN MY FOOT
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by mallorca(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2011
nice pics
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
mallorca:

nice pics

Thank you jari

If these were to be pictures of lagos i know every body would have been rolling on the floor shouting Fashola, even when flood kidnap people in lagos
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Martins4us(m): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2011
mhen ! I'll like to come and serve in this state, come february . . . . Hope the standard of living there is not as killing as ABJ and PHC ?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2011
Ohakim started the bridge in the picture but of course, excellent finishing job. Lets hope Rochas maintains this standard and I hope say no be just paint job o
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
Martins4us:

mhen ! I'll like to come and serve in this state, come february . . . . Hope the standard of living there is not as killing as ABJ and PHC ?

There is no standard of living in Imo State o!! The highest employer of labour in the state still remains the government seconded by banks, 

They are so poor that the government subsidies kerosene and distributes it house to house,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / This Is Flooded Nkpolu Rumuigbo In Port Harcourt Not Atlantic Ocean. / 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.