Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins (22552 Views)

Governor Ambode, Others Attend Nigeria’s Ultimate Automobile And Bike Show. / Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
This thread is just to group vehicles in their countries of origin.

EUROPE (France).

01) Citroen.
02) Peugeot.
03) Renault.
04) Talbot.

EUROPE (GB).

01) AC (Cobra).
02) Aston Marton.
03) Ariel.
04) Austin.
05) Bentley.
06) Bristol.
07) Daimler.
08) Jaguar.
09) Land Rover.
10) Leyland.
11) Lotus.
12) McLaren.
13) MG.
14) Mini.
15) Morgan.
16) Noble.
17) Rolls Royce.
18) Rover.
19) TVR.
18) Vauxhall.
19) Westfield.

EUROPE (Germany).

01) Audi.
02) BMW.
03) Daimler.
04) Mercedes-Benz.
05) Opel.
06) Porsche.
07) Volkswagen.

EUROPE (Italy).

01) Alfa Romeo.
02) Bugatti.
03) Dino.
04) Ferrari.
05) Fiat.
06) Lamborghini.
07) Lancia.
08) Maserati.
09) Pagani.

EUROPE (Poland).

01) FSO.

EUROPE (Romania).

01) Dacia.

EUROPE (Russia).

01) Lada.
02) Moscovitch.
03) Volga
04) Zil.

EUROPE (Spain).

01) SEAT.

EUROPE (Czech Republic).

01) Skoda.

EUROPE (Sweden).

01) Volvo.
02) Saab.

1 Like

Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 10, 2011
ASIA (India).

01) Maruti.
02) Mahindra.
03) TATA.

ASIA (Japan).

01) Acura.
02) Daihatsu.
03) Datsun.
04) Honda.
05) Infiniti.
06) Isuzu.
07) Lexus.
08) Mazda.
09) Mitsubishi.
10) Nissan.
11) Scion.
12) Subaru.
13) Suzuki.
12) Toyota.

ASIA (Korea).

01) Daewoo.
02) Hyundai.
03) Kia.
04) SsangYong.

ASIA (Malaysia).

01) Bufori.
01) Perodua.
02) Proton.

More to follow. . .
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 10, 2011
Well, we have an issue here.

My Honda Odyssey was built in the USA.

"Honda Manufacturing of Alabama is proud to call Alabama home. Our facility in Lincoln now has the capacity to produce more than 300,000 Odyssey minivans, Pilot sport utility vehicles, Ridgeline pick-up trucks and V-6 engines every year thanks to our dedicated team of more than 4,000 associates."

A preemptive strike since you haven't mentioned Ford just yet.

But my American FOrd was manufactured in Mexico.

The lines are getting blurred.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by sultaan(m): 3:26am On Oct 10, 2011
BMW X5 - Usa
Lexus, Acura & Infiniti should be USA

Some brands within a car company are built in different country as in Lexus, Acura
Some models like X5, Odyssey
Then some models are made through joint venture VW Routan(chrysler), mazda 6, bently/phaeton
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 10, 2011
^^^ Guys, I'm aware of this. Just like the Toyota Avensis is a Japanese car, but built in Britain. This thread is more about the origin of the cars, rather than where they were later built. Mercedes-Benz ML and BMW X5 are now built in the United States, but they're still German cars.

Ford Mondeo and Fiesta are built in Britain, but Ford still remains an American Brand. smiley
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2011
USA (The Americas).

01) Chrysler.
* Dodge.
*Jeep.
* Plymouth
* Ram.

02) Ford.
* Continental.
* Lincoln.
* Mercury.

03) General Motors
* Buick.
* Cadillac.
* Chevrolet.
* GMC.
* Hummer.
* Pontiac.
* Oldsmobile.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by norrisman: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2011
Das Bundesliga!

Germany - the three pointed star!
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by fm7070: 8:51am On Oct 10, 2011
What about Keke Napep??
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 10, 2011
AUSTRALIA (The Australias).

01) Holden.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by sylve11: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2011
fm7070:

What about Keke Napep??

Lasgidi & Co. sad cool
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Princek12(m): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2011
Somorin#1:

Well, we have an issue here.

My Honda Odyssey was built in the USA.

"Honda Manufacturing of Alabama is proud to call Alabama home. Our facility in Lincoln now has the capacity to produce more than 300,000 Odyssey minivans, Pilot sport utility vehicles, Ridgeline pick-up trucks and V-6 engines every year thanks to our dedicated team of more than 4,000 associates."

A preemptive strike since you haven't mentioned Ford just yet.

But my American FOrd was manufactured in Mexico.

The lines are getting blurred.

Honda is a Japanese company. Thank you. Don't overthink yourself. While your Honda may be assembled in USA, it is built predominantly with Honda parts and Honda technology, both of which are Japanese.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Princek12(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2011
sultaan:

BMW X5 - Usa
Lexus, Acura & Infiniti should be USA

Some brands within a car company are built in different country as in Lexus, Acura
Some models like X5, Odyssey
Then some models are made through joint venture VW Routan(chrysler), mazda 6, bently/phaeton

While Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti are names used to market variants of Japanese cars, they are still built with Japanese parts and Japanese technology. Those names are just names designed to market the luxury brands of the car companies, which started in response to the export limit the Japanese limit placed on itself in the 80s after the U.S. complained that Japanese cars exported to the U.S. were hurting U.S. car manufacturers. Many of these luxury brands are still built in Japan and exported to the U.S.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Princek12(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2011
We have representatives from Asia, Europe, and North America. Notably missing is Africa and Latin America. When will Africa step up to the plate?
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by r231(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2011
fm7070:

What about Keke Napep??

Hahaha grin grin

my car is from Africa grin grin
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Freiburger(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2011
My is toy is a rover 200. (Europe GB) I love it coz of its low its feul comsumption and high efficiency, another thing is that every thing about the car is honda just the same as that of a honda civic.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by igbo2011(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2011
NIGERIA:
Innoson
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by donugapi(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2011
I think Skoda is still part of Volkswagen, so is Audi,
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2011
AFRICA (Angola).

01) Zhongji.

AFRICA (Botswana).

01) Harper.

AFRICA (Côte d'Ivoire).

01) Baby-Brousse.

AFRICA (Egypt).

01) Egy-Tech.
02) Mod Car.
03) Nasr.
04) Speranza Chery.

AFRICA (Ethiopa).

01) Holland Car.
02) Solaris.

AFRICA (Ghana).

01) Kantanka.
02) OTAVI.

AFRICA (Kenya).

01) Nyayo.

AFRICA (Libya).

01) Saroukh el-Jamahiriya.

AFRICA (Madagascar).

01) Karenjy.

AFRICA (Morocco).

01) Laraki.
02) Ménara.
03) Réac.
04) Triam.

AFRICA (Namibia).

01) Uri.

AFRICA to be continued. . .
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2011
donugapi:

I think Skoda is still part of Volkswagen, so is Audi,

I'm aware of that bro, so is SEAT. But Skoda and SEAT still maintain their roots from their respective countries of origin - Czech Republic and Spain.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Freiburger(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2011
Siena:

AFRICA (Angola).

01) Zhongji.

AFRICA (Botswana).

01) Harper.

AFRICA (Côte d'Ivoire).

01) Baby-Brousse.

AFRICA (Egypt).

01) Egy-Tech.
02) Mod Car.
03) Nasr.
04) Speranza Chery.

AFRICA (Ethiopa).

01) Holland Car.
02) Solaris.

AFRICA (Ghana).

01) Kantanka.
02) OTAVI.

AFRICA (Kenya).

01) Nyayo.

AFRICA (Libya).

01) Saroukh el-Jamahiriya.

AFRICA (Madagascar).

01) Karenjy.

AFRICA (Morocco).

01) Laraki.
02) Ménara.
03) Réac.
04) Triam.

AFRICA (Namibia).

01) Uri.

AFRICA to be continued. . .

My question is are they assembling these cars ar they built there ie they also have mede in
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Freiburger(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2011
^^^^ i meant do they have made in Ghana logo on it for example?
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2011
AFRICA (Nigeria).

01) Eddy-Bongos.
02) Innoson.
03) Izuogu (Prototype).

AFRICA (S.A).

01) Puma.
02) Sao.

AFRICA (Sudan).

01) Giad.

AFRICA (Tunisia).

01) Wallyscar.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2011
Freiburger:

My question is are they assembling these cars ar they built there ie they also have mede in

These cars have over 60% local content, hence they are products of their respective countries.

Freiburger:

^^^^ i meant do they have made in Ghana logo on it for example?

I don't know any manufacturer that badges their cars with made in **** logos. That will most likely be on the main contents (parts / materials).
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by 76Naira(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
Giad is the domestic retail name for Hyundai in Sudan.
Its still designed and cut to spec in Korea, just assembled in Khartoum, Sudan.
They lost the license to assemble Hyundai a few months back anyway & now assemble BYD (a Chinese car)
Lived in Khartoum for 3 years.

Lovely thread ,   tnx.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by bioye(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2011
My Volkswagen Jetta 2011 is a German [/b]car built in [b]Mexico.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2011
bioye:

My Volkswagen Jetta 2011 is a German [/b]car built in [b]Mexico.

Bro, we know that. Just like the Peugeot 504 / 505 / 405 / 406 / 407 etc are assembled in Nigeria, but their origins are still French.

We're talking about ORIGINS here, not countries of assembly.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by pkv(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
Nigeria
Keke napep
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
Princek12:

Honda is a Japanese company. Thank you. Don't overthink yourself. While your Honda may be assembled in USA, it is built predominantly with Honda parts and Honda technology, both of which are Japanese.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

American Honda is a separate conglomerate from it's Japanese cousin. They have a design facility here and completely manufacture the American Hondas here and not just building cars from CKD units like Innoson is doing.

I'm exiting stage left here.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
Somorin#1:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

American Honda is a separate conglomerate from it's Japanese cousin. They have a design facility here and completely manufacture the American Hondas here and not just building cars from CKD units like Innoson is doing.

I'm exiting stage left here.

I understand where you're coming from bro. But the point here remains that Honda is a Japanese Brand. If the Honda Motor Company, Japan, didn't exist, there wouldn't be Honda America. Ford is an American Brand, yet we still have Ford Europe, whereby some of the Ford models in Europe were never available in the United States. These models are wholly built in Europe, and marketed for Europe.

The Ford Brand however, remains American.

And yes, Innoson of Nigeria is built from a certain percentage of CKD kits, but for now, it's the best Nigeria has, and the closest she can boast of having a Nigerian car.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2011
Another example is Volkswagen Do Brasil. Volkswagen is a German Brand, but Brazil has her own design facility, and the Volkswagen models built there are mostly unique to the Brazilian market. The oldies amongst us will remember these models:

01) Volkswagen Gol.
02) Volkswagen Igala (Brasilia in Brazil).
03) Volkswagen Rio.
04) Volkswagen SP2 (2-seater Sport Coupe).

Besides the Volkswagen roundel, these models were never available in Germany, the only parts in common with Germany were parts of the engines / transaxles, and some suspension parts. Nothing else was shared with her German cousins.

Volkswagen De Brasil is a separate conglomerate to Volkswagen AG, Germany, but the Brazilians can't lay claim to the Volkswagen Brand. It's origins remain firmly German.
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by norrisman: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2011
Na wa for Nigerians! The ITK (I too know) is bordering on ridiculous. Look at people talking about local content and country of assembly! Just answer the damn question or butt off!

According to all these stupid theories, Peugeot 504 is a Nigerian car, Mercedes is South African and Ford is British abi? Nonsense and ingridents!
Re: Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^ And your point is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Save Fuel When Driving / Viecar VC002-A/B Mini OBDII Bluetooth Car Scanner Diagnostic Tool (4.5K) / Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.