Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:44 PM

Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' (6796 Views)

Fuel Scarcity And The Missing Prick: A Short Story / 109 Authors Vie For 2015 NLNG Literature Prize Of $100,000 / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 9:47am On Oct 11, 2011
Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100,000 NLNG Prize For Literature

Nigerian journalist, poet and dramatist Adeleke Adeyemi has won the $100,000 LNG Nigeria Prize For Literature for his children's book "The Missing Clock".  His first book "The Mandate of MKO Abiola", a play for the radio was published by Orikinla Osinachi.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by engrj(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2011
Nice 1
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by docjuli(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2011
Congrats. At least N16M is more than enough to get another "clock"; hope it doesn't get missing again.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by pinkrex(m): 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2011
The problem is. . . . . such books that receives this kinda of award becomes expensive or even scarce for the students to read undecided
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
docjuli:

Congrats. At least N16M is more than enough to get another "clock"; hope it doesn't get missing again.
lol!
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by chines4(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2011
Congrats my brother keep it up
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by sylve11: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
congrats adeyemi! cool
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by MMM2(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2011
wonderful
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Kommentato(m): 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
docjuli:

grin grin grin
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by maxproxl: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2011
thumbs up to this great Nigerian. wishing him many more years of achievement. expecting others to follow this worthy step.

lets see the reaction of the 'education minister" this time. feats like this are what he should celebrate not regarding a non-relevant show like BIG BROTHER AFRICA.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by UyiIredia(m): 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2011
good for him.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by horny4u(f): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
pinkrex:

The problem is. . . . . such books that receives this kinda of award becomes expensive or even scarce for the students to read undecided

Let him win the award and then you pray for grace to buy the book at any price he wants to sell. His success does not threaten your own grace hun.

The sea is so full everyone can fetch and it will still boku.

You create your life and he creates his, not criticising you o but you may not be aware. kiss
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by mattlock: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2011
great achievement

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Otunbakay(m): 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2011
Congrats! Pls make judicious use of the money - so that it won't get missing too.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by moreprof: 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
Good Reward for a job well done!
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by ariblaze(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
inspiring
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by slap1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
Great achievement. More ink to his pen. . . Orikinla, do you also publish?
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by hannie: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
This is about Orikinla right?

the emphasis ever so glaring! cheesy wink
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Ayowumie(m): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2011
pinkrex:

horny4u:

Let him win the award and then you pray for grace to buy the book at any price he wants to sell. His success does not threaten your own grace hun.

The sea is so full everyone can fetch and it will still boku.

You create your life and he creates his, not criticising you o but you may not be aware. kiss
@horny4u, you dont seem to understand what the guy is saying. It is not about him, you and me only. Its about those guys out there who may yearning to read the book and book will not be affordable. If the book is expensive, you may actually be able to afford the book but i tell you that cant be said of millions of children out here.

Congrats to Adeyemi
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by badmussy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2011
That is just one side. The education sphere has not much to celebrate. No one could win the science prize!

Well, Congrats to the Literature winner.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2011
He deserves it. He is a hard working writer and humble too. I thank God for the recognition of his genius. I hope Nigerians will go and buy the book and enjoy it.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by member479760: 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2011
Good we are anywhere.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2011
slap1:

Great achievement. More ink to his pen. . . Orikinla, do you also publish?
Yes. I have a duly registered publishing company and an incorporated digital media company and I also promote writers, sponsored a national essay for secondary schools in Nigeria and donated medical books too. But presently, my hands are full.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Relax101(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2011
docjuli:

Hahaha, congrats o Mr winner
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2011
The Missing Clock is available on Amazon for only $9.99. It is a must  read for every child and young adult. If this book sells a million copies in the next twelve months don't be surprised. Talking about a book starts after reading it.

Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by 234GT(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
I want to publish my book on amazon.com but I dont have an ISBN number. I read the guidelines for obtaining one and registration with corporate affairs commission was required. Please how can an individual obtain an ISBN NUMBER?
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2011
234GT:

I want to publish my book on amazon.com but I dont have an ISBN number. I read the guidelines for obtaining one and registration with corporate affairs commission was required. Please how can an individual obtain an ISBN NUMBER?

Amazon will give your book an ISBN gratis.
Go to www.amazon.com and scroll down to the bottom of the website and click on Self-publish with Us
http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account/mm-summary-page.html?ie=UTF8&ld=AZFooterSelfPublish&topic=200260520

Go and succeed!
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by 234GT(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ Orikinla. I am very grateful to you for informing me that I can get an ISBN free of charge at amazon.com. I have almost given up on publishing my book there because of the hassles of getting an ISBN. I will go back to amazon.com and continue with my quest to publish my book there. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2011
234GT:

@ Orikinla. I am very grateful to you for informing me that I can get an ISBN free of charge at amazon.com. I have almost given up on publishing my book there because of the hassles of getting an ISBN. I will go back to amazon.com and continue with my quest to publish my book there. Thank you and God bless.

Once published, you can submit it to booksellers home and abroad and enter for literary contests.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
The Nigerian Daily's feature on Sunday Mai Nasara: The Famished Road To Fame, Fortune
http://www.thenigeriandaily.com/2011/10/16/mai-nasara-the-famished-road-to-fame-fortune/
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by 234GT(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2011
Hello Orikinla. I have uploaded my book and it has been passed printable. I am now in the process of ordering a proof copy.
Re: Adeleke Adeyemi Wins $100K (₦16m) LNG Literature Prize For 'The Missing Clock' by Orikinla(m): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2011
234GT:

Hello Orikinla. I have uploaded my book and it has been passed printable. I am now in the process of ordering a proof copy.

Congratulations.

I will look forward to reporting the good news on my Bookalleria and other online portals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blacks Don't Read: They Are Still Our Slaves--whiteman / Chinua Achebe And Wole Soyinka / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.