Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,404 members, 7,808,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Nigerian Mentality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Mentality (1278 Views)

Typical Nigerian Mentality / Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality / Nigerian Mentality: "Husband, Wife And Donkey" Comic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mentality by igbo2011(m): 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2011
We have an inferiority complex, we think that everything abroad is better. We will import cars instead of buying Innoson. We will go to Dubai instead of tinapa. We will go to schools abroad instead of domestic schools. We will support investors from abroad instead of domestic. We will support foreign inventions instead of Nigerian inventors. We wear foreign clothes insead of Nigeria attire. We have western/ Muslim names instead of Nigerian names.

WE MADE THE PYRAMIDS!!! We are the orignal human being. We taught the world everything!!! We taught the Aztecs of Mexico how to build Pyramids, we taught Europeans math and science. We built satelites and other important products. We sould be proud of ourselves and our culture. We were the first doctors, we had the first medicine.

We need to stop blaming the government and start blaming ourselves. Let's #SupportNigeria
Re: Nigerian Mentality by bekay911(f): 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
dat is our mindset by default. If the media can spread roots and wings into oda countries jst lyk CNN d world will apprc8 us beta. If our govt can filter the type of wat entas our country den we can make a change and if we have leaders dat value us and apprec8 us and r willin 2 work for n wit us we can eliminate inferiority complex
Re: Nigerian Mentality by olawalebabs(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
igbo2011:

We have an inferiority complex, we think that everything abroad is better. We will import cars instead of buying Innoson. We will go to Dubai instead of tinapa. We will go to schools abroad instead of domestic schools. We will support investors from abroad instead of domestic. We will support foreign inventions instead of Nigerian inventors. We wear foreign clothes insead of Nigeria attire. We have western/ Muslim names instead of Nigerian names.

WE MADE THE PYRAMIDS!!! We are the orignal human being. We taught the world everything!!! We taught the Aztecs of Mexico how to build Pyramids, we taught Europeans math and science. We built satelites and other important products. We sould be proud of ourselves and our culture. We were the first doctors, we had the first medicine.

We need to stop blaming the government and start blaming ourselves. Let's #SupportNigeria
which pyramid are you refering to? Groundnut or what.
Re: Nigerian Mentality by igbo2011(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2011
olawalebab:

The pyramids in Egypt were made by black people.

bekay911:

dat is our mindset by default. If the media can spread roots and wings into oda countries jst lyk CNN d world will apprc8 us beta. If our govt can filter the type of wat entas our country den we can make a change and if we have leaders dat value us and apprec8 us and r willin 2 work for n wit us we can eliminate inferiority complex
Yes good idea. We need more positive images of Nigerians and Africans. We need to make our own news and not play any western news.
Re: Nigerian Mentality by aljharem3: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
igbo2011:

We have an inferiority complex, we think that everything abroad is better. We will import cars instead of buying Innoson.

Yes we have serious inferiority complex which even I am exhibit at times, not to lie

I still do not understand why the FG cannot

1. invest in Innoson cars, PPP
2. Stop the importation or reduce it to a certain amount every year

I still can not figure that out you know
Re: Nigerian Mentality by Rhino5dm: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
Bro, that was some 5000 years shocked shocked ago. or are you building a time machine?

igbo2011:

Re: Nigerian Mentality by bekay911(f): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
we av to stop settling for less so dat our so called leaders wont take us for granted
Re: Nigerian Mentality by kemmeye: 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
olawalebab:

hahahahahahaha funi lol

igbo2011:

We have an inferiority complex, we think that everything abroad is better. We will import cars instead of buying Innoson. We will go to Dubai instead of tinapa. We will go to schools abroad instead of domestic schools. We will support investors from abroad instead of domestic. We will support foreign inventions instead of Nigerian inventors. We wear foreign clothes insead of Nigeria attire. We have western/ Muslim names instead of Nigerian names. WE MADE THE PYRAMIDS!!! We are the orignal human being. We taught the world everything!!! We taught the Aztecs of Mexico how to build Pyramids, we taught Europeans math and science. We built satelites and other important products. We sould be proud of ourselves and our culture. We were the first doctors, we had the first medicine.

i dont really agree with this tho
Re: Nigerian Mentality by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
igbo2011:

We have an inferiority complex, we think that everything abroad is better.  We will import cars instead of buying Innoson.  We will go to Dubai instead of tinapa.  We will go to schools abroad instead of domestic schools.  We will support investors from abroad instead of domestic.  We will support foreign inventions instead of Nigerian inventors.  We wear foreign clothes insead of Nigeria attire.  We have western/ Muslim names instead of Nigerian names.

WE MADE THE PYRAMIDS!!! We are the orignal human being.  We taught the world everything!!! We taught the Aztecs of Mexico how to build Pyramids, we taught Europeans math and science.  We built satelites and other important products.  We sould be proud of ourselves and our culture. We were the first doctors, we had the first medicine. 

We need to stop blaming the government and start blaming ourselves.  Let's #SupportNigeria

The above mentality expressed is itself a result of inferiority mindset. That you feel your worth of self needs to come from you dressing in only that which you make, and that which bears your own tag reveals your own inferiority complex issues.  grin grin grin grin grin Note, I don't expect you to see it but it is a fact. Even the Egyptians of whom you speak of never defined themselves by only that which they made of their own hands.
Re: Nigerian Mentality by igbo2011(m): 4:16am On Oct 12, 2011
alj_harem:

Yes we have serious inferiority complex which even I am exhibit at times, not to lie

I still do not understand why the FG cannot

1. invest in Innoson cars, PPP
2. Stop the importation or reduce it to a certain amount every year

I still can not figure that out you know

They need to support the infant industry. Then hopefully Innoson can start to make their own parts as well so 90% of an Innoson car will be made in Nigeria. This will give many jobs.

Rhino.5dm:

Bro, that was some 5000 years shocked shocked ago. or are you building a time machine?

I mean taht we are capable of doing that. We should be building more skyscrapers and better advanced cities.
Kobojunkie:

The above mentality expressed is itself a result of inferiority mindset. That you feel your worth of self needs to come from you dressing in only that which you make, and that which bears your own tag reveals your own inferiority complex issues.  grin grin grin grin grin Note, I don't expect you to see it but it is a fact. Even the Egyptians of whom you speak of never defined themselves by only that which they made of their own hands.

Many Nigerians are ashamed of wearing Nigerian clothes. That is inferiority complex. They don't like their culture.

kemmeye:

hahahahahahaha funi lol

i dont really agree with this tho

Why not?
Re: Nigerian Mentality by Beaf: 4:37am On Oct 12, 2011
@igbo2011

I really love your posts. You have a really positive cando spirit that is to be encouraged; most Nigerians really do not know where to start from and need stronger ones like yourself to point the way to self-healing and productivity.

The most negative aspect of an inferiority complex is that it leads its victims to tear more successful people or schemes down if in the mind of the victim, these things show them in a negative light. The fact though, is that a person who is true to themselves and wears their identity with pride will always be more dynamic, productive, innovative and confident than the person who is fake, has a fake accent and whose child is named, Alphonsus (because they "think" it is better and more acceptable than Chigozie). So, the ones amongst us with low self esteem will continue to under-acheive and attempt to tear down any genuine progress, it is a vicious cycle that will need total national re-orientation to overcome.
Re: Nigerian Mentality by Kobojunkie: 4:43am On Oct 12, 2011
igbo2011:

Many Nigerians are ashamed of wearing Nigerian clothes.  That is inferiority complex.  They don't like their culture.

I have personally never met a Nigerian who is ashamed of wearing Nigerians clothing, but I have met Nigerians who do not define themselves by the Nation from which the attire they adorn comes from.

Again, it is sign of a low complex when one chooses to define oneself by such things as what one wears, what language one speaks, and what country raw materials/goods one consumes, comes from.

The Egyptians NEVER DEFINED themselves by the nation from which the food/raw materials etc they consumed came from. They were Egyptians took from all parts of the world and used put their touch on it, as they saw fit. The Egyptians where NOT Xenophobic people; they happen to have had relations with most every civilization during their time, that is why is proof upon proof of the civilization, and it's accomplishments for us all to read of today. Preaching Xenophobia in the name of development is showing one lacks basic understanding of what it really means for a people to develop. If you need an example of how to build a people today, look at the Chinese's example.

(1) (Reply)

Finally The Truth About Fuel Subsidy - Former ASUU Chairman U.i / Differences Between American President And Retardeen –obama And GEJ Lol / Edo State Poll- Live And Update Reports Of Edo Decides.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.