Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? (10995 Views)

1966 Coup: Why Nigerians unjustly resent the Igbos so much / Why Are The IPOB Igbos So Hateful And Wish Bad On Everyone Else? / Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by onyeokwu: 8:30am On Oct 12, 2011
can someone enlighten me what has igbos done wrong to warrant all this hate
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by aljharem3: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2011
No one hates the igbos infact if there is any hate at all, it is the other way around

2 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by ektbear: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2011
Evidence of this hatred?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by onyeokwu: 8:45am On Oct 12, 2011
the north and west envy igbos so much
igbos are the light of this nation and we all knows it

3 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by aljharem3: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2011
onye_okwu:

the north and west envy igbos so much
igbos are the light of this nation and we all knows it

if so, then very good for the igbos and Nigerians, at least we have a source of light in this dark nation.

there is no envy, ONE LOVE, ONE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2011
onye_okwu:

can someone enlighten me what has igbos done wrong to warrant all this hate

Nna biko, go and sleep, Nobody hates the igbos, but rather indi igbo are the ones who hate the rest of Nigeria and themselves at the same time, We have so much hatred its a surprise we havent killed ourselves just yet,

Light of the nation indeed, Biko ka'm nu ife,

1 Like

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by PointB: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2011
@topic

Igbo fought a war to prevent their annihilation;
North and West been the oppressors are afraid Igbo might raise again.

So the North use sheer intimidation and brutality to keep them down

The West used sly, con, and treachery to support the North in their systematic evil scheme.

However, like water, the Igbos seeped through the dragnet and escaped into every corner.

Now the North and West are keeping themselves down (and Nigeria) in their futile bid to stop the now very ubiquitous and permeating Igbos.

Moral of the story:

You can never keep a good man down!

2 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by okosodo: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2011
because the igbos hate terrorism and bomb throwing, the north can not do anything else except bombing. the igbo is against it

2 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by hugooh42(m): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2011
Nna biko, go and sleep,  Nobody hates the igbos,  but rather indi igbo are the ones who hate the rest of Nigeria and themselves at the same time,  We have so much hatred its a surprise we havent killed ourselves just yet
Unintelligent assertions.If i may ask you Okija Juju or whatever your name is.,the continual marginalisation of Igbos in Infrastructural development since the end of the Civil war,the continual massacre of Igbos in the north for no just reasons.Recently five Igbo young men were were selectively gun down.Their crime being they cannot recite the Koran.We have not forgotten the killing of Apo six in Abuja,the list is endless.Tell me one federal government project cited in the south east since the end of the civil war.We know they have refused  to build the second Niger bridge for no just reason despite every plea and danger of possible collapse,

Okija juju i can bet you are not Igbo or you are one of those that took Igbo property after the end of the war and till today still deny their Igbo identity.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2011
hugooh42:

Unintelligent assertions.If i may ask you Okija Juju or whatever your name is.,the continual marginalisation of Igbos in Infrastructural development since the end of the Civil war,the continual massacre of Igbos in the north for no just reasons.Recently five Igbo young men were were selectively gun down.Their crime being they cannot recite the Koran.We have not forgotten the killing of Apo six in Abuja,the list is endless.Tell me one federal government project cited in the south east since the end of the civil war.We know they have refused to build the second Niger bridge for no just reason despite every plea and danger of possible collapse,

Okija juju i can bet you are not Igbo or you are one of those that took Igbo property after the end of the war and till today still deny their Igbo identity.

The Igbos can sing marginalization all they want, They can even put it in lyrics of the Biafran National anthem if they bloody want, but I still maintain that the Igbos are their own worst enemy, So for everytime that 1 ibgo man is killed in any other non-igbo part of the country, we scream genocide, I laugh in bauchi, yet everyday Chisco, F.G Onyewe, Dan Dollar, Ekene and co carry thousands of indi Igbo to the same Ugwu Hausa where you calim we are being slaughtered like chickens, Once again, I laugh o!!

Marginalized indeed, Look at common Senate presidency that was zoned to the East, I one 4 year tenure, how many Senate presidents did the Igbo people produce?! Iche na or ka Presidency ga di?! When one Igbo president leave, another will replace him?! Nwokem, tete na ula and smell the coffee, The earlier the Igbo's stop living in the past (Biafra) and start being proactive, we will continue to be complainants while the rest of Nigeria is moving forward, Look at the foolishness the likes of Uwazuruike and co are there propagating, Let me inform you deluded Igbo people, THE BIAFRAN DREAM IS DEAD!! NOBODY TRYING TO CARRY OUT A GENOCIDE ON US!! STOP COMPLAINING AND START WORKING TOWARDS CLAIMING A STAKE IN NIGERIA!! NO TRIBE WILL ROLLOVER AND HANDOVER THE PRESIDENCY TO THE IGBOS, As it stands now, should an election hold tomorrow, who will be the most likely Igbo candidate?! Is it Theodore Orji? or Orji Uzor Kalu?! Or Chimaroke Nnamani?? Or Ngige?!

Like I said, Kam nu ezigbo ife biko, What does it matter if I'm Igbo or not?! What is so special about being Igbo?

4 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by nolongTing: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2011
@Okija_juju is the type of leader you guys need; he dose not give a toss about what others think he is being HONEST.  Develop yourselves and stop focusing on who likes you!  The Yoruba people have Fashola, but we still criticise him openly, there is nothing wrong with being self critical, no shame at all - it promotes development.

Nobody envies you guys at all, if the west and north envied igbo people then they would try to emulate them by dressing like an Igbo person, speaking Igbo and living in Igbo states.

Most Igbo states are 98% Igbo

Most North and West states have millions of Igbo residents speaking Hausa and Yoruba why?

Why are Igbo people fragmented politically?

Iweala is one of the most intelligent people in Nigeria.  Obasanjo a Yoruba man brought her into Nigeria and paid her a fortune. Why dose she not want to DEVELOP an Igbo state? What a WASTE!

Obasanjo a Yoruba man brought Soludo into Nigerian Politics as the head of the CBN. Why did Igbo people reject Soludo as a Governor of Anambra, can you guys seriously compare Soludo to Peter Obi? What a WASTE!

Most Igbo men choose business over education, they pride themselves on being hardworking and PRACTICAL so why have they not embraced Philip emeagwali? What a WASTE!

Igbo people are the best at business, so why has an Igbo man not made the Forbes list?

Why is there so much kidnapping in the East?

INNOSON is suppose to be the pride and Joy of Igbo people, why are the Igbo people not supporting the company and proudly driving his vehicles around the country?

I think that Igbo people are their own worst enemies, develop something worth emulating and make Nigeria stronger.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by tpia5: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2011
after you've abused and insulted other tribes [especially yoruba], very well, its now them hating you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Blackteeth(m): 11:57am On Oct 12, 2011
Igbo's chop their kpomo and the anger is still there. Simple
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Iwant2know: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2011
Nobody hates the igbos,but the attitude of selfishness and self centerdnes should be looked unto before u can move ahead.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Yeske2(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
@OP, If i may ask how relevant is this topic to you and Nigeria at large?. . . .ol'boy see replies, una get time
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2011
Even if the North hates you.

Certainly not the west. smiley

All comes down to a level of mistrust dating to the post civil war period.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Rhino5dm: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2011
How does it pay you to be over playing the victim card?. . .put you house in order, then your host may respect you.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
Maybe we can trace it to a period when some Ibo Majors like Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna decided to kill Politicians from other regions while sparing theirs.

Its like some Yoruba soldiers now kill Chime, Rochas, Jonathan claming they were corrupt and Spared Tinubu, Akala and fashola.

That is the origin of tribalism in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe we can trace it to a period when some Ibo Majors like Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna decided to kill Politicians from other regions while sparing theirs.

Its like some Yoruba soldiers now kill Chime, Rochas, Jonathan claming they were corrupt and Spared Tinubu, Akala and fashola.

That is the origin of tribalism in Nigeria

@ Bolded,

The genesis of tribalism (in nigeria) goes back to the sudden death of NYM only for zik (Mr. nationalist) and the igbos going on to form NCNC
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by mensdept: 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
nolongTing:

@Okija_juju is the type of leader you guys need; he dose not give a toss about what others think he is being HONEST.  Develop yourselves and stop focusing on who likes you!  The Yoruba people have Fashola, but we still criticise him openly, there is nothing wrong with being self critical, no shame at all - it promotes development.

Nobody envies you guys at all, if the west and north envied igbo people then they would try to emulate them by dressing like an Igbo person, speaking Igbo and living in Igbo states.

Most North and West states have millions of Igbo residents speaking Hausa and Yoruba why?

Iweala is one of the most intelligent people in Nigeria.  Obasanjo a Yoruba man brought her into Nigeria and paid her a fortune. Why dose she not want to DEVELOP an Igbo state? What a WASTE!

Obasanjo a Yoruba man brought Soludo into Nigerian Politics as the head of the CBN. Why did Igbo people reject Soludo as a Governor of Anambra, can you guys seriously compare Soludo to Peter Obi? What a WASTE!

Most Igbo men choose business over education, they pride themselves on being hardworking and PRACTICAL so why have they not embraced Philip emeagwali? What a WASTE!

Igbo people are the best at business, so why has an Igbo man not made the Forbes list?

INNOSON is suppose to be the pride and Joy of Igbo people, why are the Igbo people not supporting the company and proudly driving his vehicles around the country?

I think that Igbo people are their own worst enemies, develop something worth emulating and make Nigeria stronger.

Exactly!

Look at Abia state- all the crooks were selected back and the fool called Orji is awarding his cronies contracts worth $$$$, appointing his family members as Honorables, and expelling "expatriots". Yet no Egyptian or Aba women like revolt, no Massob, no Ohaneze oldie oldie, no SE Govs Conference, no nothing but siddon blame Obasanjo ( by the way looks like a monkey).
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
T8ksy:

@ Bolded,

The genesis of tribalism (in nigeria) goes back to the sudden death of NYM only for zik (Mr. nationalist) and the igbos going on to form NCNC

Tribal bigotry will never allow you to comprehend elementary history even if your miserable life depended on it. I guess you know this is not the infamous Biafran air force strafing Lagos into submission.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by aljharem3: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
T8ksy:

@ Bolded,

dude not this thread
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by aljharem3: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
nolongTing:

Innoson cars is also meant to be the pride of Nigeria

but guess what ?

PDP because they are working for foreign powers, have successfully kept Innoson cars down for the sole purpose of bribes that they obtain from companies like toyota and co

Innoson cars would have been the major economic break through instead of all this lies Mr president is giving us
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
Dede1:

Tribal bigotry will never allow you to comprehend elementary history even if your miserable life depended on it. I guess you know this is not the infamous Biafran air force strafing Lagos into submission.

Na u and ur generations yet unborn go get "miserable lives". . . . . . . . . bloody okoro!

If my post was wrong why don't you give the correct version instead of resorting to your favourite past-time of namecallings and downright, rudeness.

I guess, its in your genes- just can't help yourself.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by danjohn: 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
Folks should leave Igbos alone. There are negative stereotypes that precede every tribe in Nigeria and Igbos are no exception. Nonetheless, what I admire most about Igbos is their entrepreneurial spirit. They have a strong survival instinct and they know how to make something out of nothing. Sometimes I think it is in their blood. They never cease to amaze me. I have run into a gazillion Igbo people who left school before SS3 but were able to achieve financial success. I also like the fact that they try to lift up their siblings and their cousins through apprenticeships that usually lead to their family members becoming business owners as well.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2011
Okija_juju:

The Igbos can sing marginalization all they want, They can even put it in lyrics of the Biafran National anthem if they bloody want, but I still maintain that the Igbos are their own worst enemy, So for everytime that 1 ibgo man is killed in any other non-igbo part of the country, we scream genocide, I laugh in bauchi, yet everyday Chisco, F.G Onyewe, Dan Dollar, Ekene and co carry thousands of indi Igbo to the same Ugwu Hausa where you calim we are being slaughtered like chickens, Once again, I laugh o!!

Marginalized indeed, Look at common Senate presidency that was zoned to the East, I one 4 year tenure, how many Senate presidents did the Igbo people produce?! Iche na or ka Presidency ga di?! When one Igbo president leave, another will replace him?! Nwokem, tete na ula and smell the coffee, The earlier the Igbo's stop living in the past (Biafra) and start being proactive, we will continue to be complainants while the rest of Nigeria is moving forward, Look at the foolishness the likes of Uwazuruike and co are there propagating, Let me inform you deluded Igbo people, THE BIAFRAN DREAM IS DEAD!! NOBODY TRYING TO CARRY OUT A GENOCIDE ON US!! STOP COMPLAINING AND START WORKING TOWARDS CLAIMING A STAKE IN NIGERIA!! NO TRIBE WILL ROLLOVER AND HANDOVER THE PRESIDENCY TO THE IGBOS, As it stands now, should an election hold tomorrow, who will be the most likely Igbo candidate?! Is it Theodore Orji? or Orji Uzor Kalu?! Or Chimaroke Nnamani?? Or Ngige?!

Like I said, Kam nu ezigbo ife biko, What does it matter if I'm Igbo or not?! What is so special about being Igbo?

It is unfortunate your attempt to sound like a human being ended with trivialized Nigerian election. Before you foolishly embarked on wasteful endeavor of ill-informed criticism of Ndigbo, you must realize that political issues in a tribally fuzzed Nigeria are not matter of hate or love.

There have been considerable efforts on the past and present government of Nigeria to punish south eastern zone and Ndigbo in particular for Nigeria/Biafra war. If Nigeria plays on level terrain, why should there be instances of abandon property and draconian boundary adjustment immediately after the civil war?

There is no hate or love in Nigeria but a subliminal war that will burst to surface one day.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2011
T8ksy:

Na u and your generations yet unborn go get "miserable lives". . . . . . . . . bloody okoro!

If my post was wrong why don't you give the correct version instead of resorting to your favourite past-time of namecallings and downright, rudeness.

I guess, its in your genes- just can't help yourself.

Anybody who is not downright miserable in life should understand the more correct facts behind the formation of NCNC than you have foolishly stated in your damnable previous post, Olodo, Oloshi kekere.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2011
Dede1:

Anybody who is not downright miserable in life should understand the more correct facts behind the formation of NCNC than you have foolishly stated in your damnable previous post, Olodo, Oloshi kekere.

And what were the correct facts that was responsible for the formation of the NCNC?

As "olodo kekere" at least there's hope that i can still learn something new and hence morph into a better person.

But as for you, olodo agba, there's no ph.ocking hope for you.

You shall forever remain in your ignorant shell till the day your maker finally had enough of your invariable id.iocy and say "biko" grin

1 Like

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by mbatuku1: 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2011
OP, this kind of thread is unnecessary. I hope you'll be around to react to all the bashing that will come along.

Igbo posters here should just IGNORE THIS THREAD. DONT GIVE IT LIFE.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by emiye(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2011
Persecution Complex !!!!!!!!
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
emiye:

Persecution Complex !!!!!!!!

Nay. . . . . . . its Vanquished syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by cristog120: 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2011
Okija_juju:

i still want to believe u sucked your mothers breast and your brain is still in your skull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG / Banditry: Zamfara Announces Total ‘Lockdown’ In 3 LGAs / Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.