₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,476,971 members, 2,500,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 04:58 PM

Splitting A Cell In Excel 2007 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Splitting A Cell In Excel 2007 (3246 Views)

How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? / Send Sms From Your Gmail Account To Any Cell Phone Anywhere! / Problem With Entering Special Format In Excel (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Splitting A Cell In Excel 2007 by STOjo(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2011
Dear Pros,
I am trying to SPLIT A CELL into 2 in excel 2007. I have gone to help online but the issue is I could not find TABLE LAYOUT. I am sure you will help me out.

Re: Splitting A Cell In Excel 2007 by Maleeq(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2011
You cannot split an empty, unmerged cell. You can only split a cell that was previously merged. However, you can split the contents of an unmerged cell and distribute the divided contents across other cells.

Clarify your needs better. I only have a vague idea of what I think you need: Something like a header column with two sub-cell beneath it? If yes, then what you need to do is merge the topmost cells as one. See the attached sample.xls file if it offers what you need.

Re: Splitting A Cell In Excel 2007 by STOjo(m): 11:14am On Oct 13, 2011
Thank you @Maleeq, I raised two questions.
1. I did not see TABLE LAYOUT on my toolbar that made it impossible for me to
2. get to SPLIT A SINGLE CELL- I want to have 2 colors in a cell with content (NO MERGING).

Thanks & regards.
Re: Splitting A Cell In Excel 2007 by Maleeq(m): 11:35am On Oct 13, 2011
Hi STOjo,

#1. The "Table Layout" simply does not exist in excel. Excel, as-is, is a table already whose layout cannot be altered.
#2. Its not possible to achieve that in excel without a merge.

(0) (Reply)

Nigerian University Offering Software Engineering / Marissa Mayer Is Yahoo's New CEO / How Do I Connect Two Pcs For Offline File Transfer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.