Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport (34849 Views)

Victor Osuagwu Honoured As Nollywood Comic Actor Of The Year At FENI In Abuja / Comic Actor Mr. Ibu Shows Off Massive Weight Loss In New Photos / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by shadrach77: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
About UsContact Us
www.nairaland.com/attachments/548016_Baba_suweee_jpgd5f2d36ace508f0d25ee8186766802b1
Cocaine: Baba Suwe Arrested At Airport  Nollywood comic actor, Alhaji King Babatunde Ayinla Nurudeen Olasunkanmi Omidina, popularly known as Baba Suwe, has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, with substances suspected to be hard drugs concealed in his stomach

•Baba Suwe now in NDLEA custody.
Baba Suwe was apprehended last night at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, by NDLEA officials as he attempted to board an Air France flight to Paris, France.

According to NDLEA sources, he was on his way to Paris to act as a master of ceremony in a naming ceremony of an Air France staff scheduled for Saturday.

The Air France staff (name withheld) has also been arrested, according to NDLEA sources.

Baba Suwe went through the scanning machine at the airport and substances suspected to be drugs were seen hidden in his stomach, NDLEA sources said this morning.

He is now being detained at the NDLEA office at the airport.

Sources said he is under observation pending the time he will start excreting the drugs.

After he was arrested, sources said, he denied that he swallowed the drugs, until he went through the scanner. He could not however explain the white substances seen in his stomach.

Baba Suwe is a very successful and popular Yoruba actor in Nollywood, famous for his comedy roles in Yoruba movies.

He has worked with everybody in the industry.

Baba Suwe, was born on 22 August 1958. He speaks fluent English.

In January 2005, he received an award from the African Artists and Entertainers Afro-Hollywood Award in New York which is like the African Grammy.

His favourite type of music and musicians are reggae music – Bob Marley, Yellowman and classic Stevie Wonder.

His favourite international actors are Eddie Murphy and Mr Bean.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/13/cocaine-baba-suwe-arrested-at-airport/
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by asoebi(m): 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2011
Where did u get the message
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2011
do u think most of them acquire their wealth through dis so called 'acting', neva,
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by engrj(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by gulfer: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2011
Because we have an inept system for accountability (wealth monitoring), such will continue to thrive in our society. If he had succeded, he would have come back with a few exotic jeep and the ignorant will attribute it to his long service years in film making. Eye opener for all you Naughtyhood aspirants. SKIMMED milk often masquerade as CREAM.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by lucabrasi(m): 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
this is a huge shame on the man,what else is he looking for in life??
by virtue of his star status the man commands hundreds of thousands per show and he is easily making at least 1 million a month,politicians and the wealthy fans in the society give them millions he has built houses,has cars and businesses so what else is he still looking for??

when he was arrested and put in belmarsh i got ppl who worked there who actually saw him but he denied it lets see how he will deny this now

on the same note i really hope this is not what all these nigerian hip hop artistes and actors/actresses do to fund the purchase of the lekki mansions and range rovers
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Honeycity(f): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
lucabrasi:

this is a huge shame on the man,what else is he looking for in life??
by virtue of his star status the man commands hundreds of thousands per show and he is easily making at least 1 million a month,politicians and the wealthy fans in the society give them millions he has built houses,has cars and businesses so what else is he still looking for??

when he was arrested and put in belmarsh i got ppl who worked there who actually saw him but he denied it lets see how he will deny this now

on the same note[b] i really hope this is not what all these nigerian hip hop artistes and actors/actresses do to fund the purchase of the lekki mansions and range rovers[/b]

what else and the female among them sleep around with politicians
bunch of bad role models
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by anonymous6(f): 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2011
I hope this isn't true, lets see them do the final test when he excretes it out of his body but if it shows he did then that is a shame
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by lucabrasi(m): 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2011
Honeycity:

what else and the female among them sleep around with politicians
bunch of bad role models
i tire o,i can excuse the likes of the juju/fuji musicians because we all see where they make money they are sprayed wads of naira notes by their fans but for an hip hop artiste like kc fresh or whatever i am struggling to see how they are able to build houses in a prime location in lagos running into millions if not tens of millions and also using not one but several luxury vehicles?all this without an album selling in the market or getting regular shows or concerts

kelly handsome who only had a single hit,setting up a nightclub in abuja
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by engrj(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
Remember a pour man in Nigeria is a nobody, so everybody are doing what they can to make it.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Honeycity(f): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
lucabrasi:

i tire o,i can excuse the likes of the juju/fuji musicians because we all see where they make money they are sprayed wads of naira notes by their fans but for an hip hop artiste like kc fresh or whatever i am struggling to see how they are able to build houses in a prime location in lagos running into millions if not tens of millions and also using not one but several luxury vehicles?all this without an album selling in the market or getting regular shows or concerts

kelly handsome who only had a single hit,setting up a nightclub in abuja
ah!!! those boys?

i still dont understand why efcc have not yet summoned them for questioning
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by olawalebabs(m): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
After just recovering from the shame wunmi brought to  the industry, baba suwe has added his own toit
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Kx: 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2011
If men and women who have "arrived" traffics drugs, what then do they expect the unemployed youth to do?
Apparently, all d "acting" fuji, entertainer, singing, etc are mere smokescreens for their shady deals which includes drug trafficking, ritual killing, cult membership,high level prostitution etc.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by phreakabit(m): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2011
rflmfao!!!!
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by olawalebabs(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
Kx:

If men and women who have "arrived" traffics drugs, what then do they expect the unemployed youth to do?
Apparently, all d "acting" fuji, entertainer, singing, etc are mere smokescreens for their shady deals which includes drug trafficking, ritual killing, cult membership and other vices.
very correct
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by chelseabmw(m): 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2011
[size=18pt]Pls i need pics of this man. . . . .tnx[/size]
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2011
Until i see it on Thisday, Guardian or Punch newspaper, I consider this a Lie!!! is only made to entertain you while you are in traffic on your way back from work. They would sell a lot 2day sha
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by olawalebabs(m): 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
This is him.

Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by olabukola: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
When did ibo people turn gentle? Non is yet to show for this thread. We will reciprocate when the table turn una side.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by dipo1: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
It not the first time Baba suwe has been indicted in a drug trafficking case. Makes it hard for anyone to shove this story as untrue. I hope the media make public their true findings.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
olawalebab:

After just recovering from the shame wunmi brought to  the industry, baba suwe has added his own toit
Which of the wunmi, and what did she do?
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by freecocoa(f): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2011
Na only am get all those names?ALHAJI+KING=DRUG BARON. He wants to live up to those names I guess,e no easy to be alhaji and king at the same time.
  SHAME ON HIM if found guilty.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by OAM4J: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2011
Geez! na wa o!  shocked
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Yeske2(m): 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
What a despicable act and i hope the white stuff is not cocaine o because he go hear am
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by freecocoa(f): 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ijogz K:

I bin wan ask the same thing o
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by kokoye(m): 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
lucabrasi:

i tire o,i can excuse the likes of the juju/fuji musicians because we all see where they make money they are sprayed wads of naira notes by their fans . . .

Sorry, but even with all the spraying, those juju musicians (sunny and obey) still carried lukudi back in the days whn no one seemed to care  embarassed
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by olawalebabs(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ijogz K:

Yetunde wunmi, she is also an actress. she was arrested sometime in 2007
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
When Idris said Nigeria JAGA-JAGA Obasanjo wanted to 'roast' him. What is the country now? Bad news every where- All of this has to stop now; Politicians, Sportsmen, Actors, Music Artistes all messing-up. I think it is reasonable to expect a major religious leader to be exposed of doing something shameful soon- even the judiciary has its own controversy.

I CRY FOR NIGERIA  cry cry cry cry embarassed
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2011
almost all the artistes and musicians are into drugs.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
Most artists are in to drug useage.It is one of the perks of the industry,although they usually deny it.
A few years ago the artist called Wunmi was involved in a case like this but what struck me was the way her colleagues rallied around her,and made sure she escaped with just a tap on the wrist.Today in Yoruba films the same Wunmi has been rehabilitated.(This got me thinking that maybe she is not the only one in the industry involved in this business)
Baba Suwes case has shown that the wealth exhibited bysome of these artists are from another source.
With all the piracy all over the place how many of these artists are really selling CDs and DVDs? Yet you see them erecting Mansions and castles in choice areas of the country.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by desgiezd(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
Finally, the death of Moladun Kenke Lewu has not gone in vain. Boomerang is the word!

So this man will soon be known and called "ex-convict", na wah ooo
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by eghost247(m): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
what a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kcee's Wife, Ijeoma, Spotted At Ubi Franklin's Introduction (Photos) / Timaya Apologises To Peter Okoye's Fans Over His Controversial Post / I Am Not Happy For Davido – Ayomide Labinjo, Rumoured Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.