Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project (10282 Views)

Chess Game Algorithm / Ludo Game (advice Needed) / Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Azprivet: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
Any Body That Can Help Me With The Algorithm Of A Ludo Game

I've got a project on AI, need an algorithm for a ludo game within two weeks. Please, anybody who can help?
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by cmdimkpa(m): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
I am a professional programmer. I can help you with the algorithm but you would have to pay. To discuss terms, call me on 07030870839. Thanks,

Mike.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by luzoma: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
Call me on 08069524047
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by netghost: 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
cmdimkpa:

I am a professional programmer. I can help you with the algorithm but you would have to pay. To discuss terms, call me on 07030870839. Thanks,

Mike.

una no go kill me with laff

1 Like

Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Fayimora(m): 4:02am On Oct 15, 2011
lmaoo
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nairaplus(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
Algorithm should be about the easiest thing you as a programmer should be able to come up with. If not, then I doubt if you can code.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2011

1 Like

Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by tundebabzy: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2011
I don't think a ludo game falls into the confines of AI because ludo is a very straight forward game. Roll the dice and move the number of steps shown on your dice.
That said, you have your algorithm:
*roll dice
While doubles not rolled:
*move the number of steps shown on the dice
*if opponent token on location, move to the end and send opponent token back home

Blah blah blah
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by sirlekoso(m): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2011
Tundebabzy, i agree with you: ludo game is not an AI.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2011
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by dellnet: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
hmm. . . well I am not in to argue but really this is not a difficult task the AI can come into play , however, simple rnd() and time() should suffice, I mean, how do we go about our days?
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nairaplus(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Create the simple first then go for the complex. Doing otherwise is suicide.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by SayoMarvel(m): 1:10am On Oct 18, 2011
Ludo involves considerable AI (close to that of an average game on chess), and what @poster is talking about is majorly Human vs. CPU. An AI lecturer will really not be interested in Human versus Human. And @poster can do considerable coding. @poster only needs algorithms (those search stuffs) and class diagrams (to show what interacts with what, and how). I believe he can generate the code and build an executable jar. @poster will really appreciate your help.
@poster, I believe it will do you a lot of good if you upload what you have done so far so that guys can help you grease the wearing gears. That's how its done here.
And, y'all should expect a simple game from me too very soon smiley
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Mobinga: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2011
If its an assignment, write a dumb algorithm. You get your marks.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by SayoMarvel(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
A complete project with complete UI and everything, to be built into an installable CD-ROM.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by dabrake(m): 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
SayoMarvel:

Ludo involves considerable AI (close to that of an average game on chess), and what @poster is talking about is majorly Human vs. CPU. An AI lecturer will really not be interested in Human versus Human. And @poster can do considerable coding. @poster only needs algorithms (those search stuffs) and class diagrams (to show what interacts with what, and how). I believe he can generate the code and build an executable jar. @poster will really appreciate your help.
@poster, I believe it will do you a lot of good if you upload what you have done so far so that guys can help you grease the wearing gears. That's how its done here.
may those who live afta mi continue 2 hala ur name. U stole that frm mi
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Teaman(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hmmnn, interesting thread,
I used to be a programmer back then in my school days, but I must admit I am no longer current with the modern industry.
However, I can still program Visual Basic from sleep which is enough to help me with my work, , and I don't struggle too much to develop algorithms in general for things I understand very well.

To me, I don't think creating a Ludo progam should be that difficult. It would require a lot of cleverness to create a human vs CPU game as said above (maybe that's called some basic AI).
Well, I think I can challenge myself to try to create the Ludo game in my spare time,with Excel and simple and well - structured VBA.
If I ever get the time to achieve this, I can post on this forum for peeps to help debug.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
Ludo is a very simple task and involve some level of AI

Where AI comes into play will be when you include difficulty levels, For ludo, difficulty will take the form of you finding it hard to get a six, and the computer getting double six easily, or getting the exact number thats going send you back in.

One sure thing that struck me right away is writing a class for a USER, then another class for a COLOR, another class for a MEMBER of a color.
then the constructor of the color calls a private method which in turn loops 4 times, and each loop creating a MEMBER object

so at the start of the game, 2 objects are created using the USER class, the USER class will create 2 instances of COLOR, color creates the 4 players

for the dice, i will use any random number generator available to any language i will be using
for the AI part, i'll just do some

if (difficulty=hard){ use random to decide if to return favourable digit or not, then return}

if (difficulty==harder){return favourable digit definitely, then return}

else{just use your random generator, then return}

Please feel free to quote me and improve on this.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Teaman(m): 12:06am On Oct 20, 2011
@webdezzi,
Agree with your post,
AI will also be needed for the CPU to know whether to chase, catch and send back home a guy in front, or just run, when being chased, or bring out a new guy with a six, bla bla bla.
Thinking about it now, considerable amount of AI can be involved in the Ludo game,
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by naijaswag1: 12:10am On Oct 20, 2011
grin
@all  all talk(it is simple,it is easy) and no algorithm for this guy.AI is not easy QED.

@poster doing some simple AI requires knowledge of basic graph algorithms.
[img]http://C:\Users\Chinedu\Desktop\java\index.jpg[/img]

check out what this guy did in vb 6.0

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=70690&lngWId=1
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2011
Teaman:

@webdezzi,
Agree with your post,
AI will also be needed for the CPU to know whether to chase, catch and send back home a guy in front, or just run, when being chased, or bring out a new guy with a six,  bla bla bla.
Thinking about it now, considerable amount of AI can be involved in the Ludo game,

I will recommend AS3 for a game like that. you can easily share it without users doubting the integrity of the program.
instead of using VBA. I dont think you need a database except you want to keep high scores
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Maximip(m): 12:31am On Oct 20, 2011
Az-privet:

Any Body That Can Help Me With The Algorithm Of A Ludo Game

I've got a project on AI, need an algorithm for a ludo game within two weeks. Please, anybody who can help?

What do you wanna use it for? I could give it to you free of charge. I have loads of different algorithms of implementing
it.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by McCoy91(m): 12:40am On Oct 20, 2011
Wtf are you guys on about?
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Teaman(m): 3:00am On Oct 20, 2011
webdezzi:

I will recommend AS3 for a game like that. you can easily share it without users doubting the integrity of the program.
instead of using VBA. I dont think you need a database except you want to keep high scores

@webdezzi,
As I 'm not really in to programming, I just code VBA to get more from Excel - mainly for data management in my work.
In those days in uni, i explored and learnt C/C++,Pascal, a little bit of java just for the fun of it.
But, the truth is I never need to use these languages for my work - at least not for what VBA can do easily and without worrying about it running on all platforms.
The fun of being able to beat it and start coding on any computer with Microsoft office anywhere is just great.

From your mention of AS3, I think I am interested in it provided it doesn't get me too involved, lol, <I admit I'm a bit lazy> Is it quite portable as in VBA? i.e you code, you run it; Simple, no story, Does AS3 run on any system that has adobe acrobat or player - no need for extra packaging?

Can you help provide texts to learn it, as well as the compiler or something? I just might be on my way to picking up a dying hobby - programming.
Cheers.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Analytical(m): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2011
tundebabzy:

I don't think a ludo game falls into the confines of AI because ludo is a very straight forward game.

sirlekoso:

Tundebabzy, i agree with you: ludo game is not an AI.

I beg to disagree!  Game playing is an area of focus in AI, just as Expert Systems, Robotics, Machine Learning, Reasoning, Heuristics, Neural networks, Speech Recognition etc.  In summary, AI aims to build systems that mimic human intelligence and behaviour.  The fact that it is a straight forward (?) game doesn't exclude it from being approached from an AI angle; be it using the game engine as a referee (understanding the rules and interpreting it) between human players, or as a player between human vs machine or even as players in machine vs machine!
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2011
as3 runs on the adobe flash player.
all you need is the adobe flash professional or flash builder
i'll recommend the flash professional.
just install that software and you are ready to start using it.
the compiler and all packages are built into the program

fortunately, the first book i picked on the subject is what got me off till now.

http://www.somans.com/FOD_Object_Oriented_ActionScript_3_0.pdf
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Analytical(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@Tundebabzy

I completely disagree. If it is a game, it absolutely falls under the confines of AI. If you were to create a ludo game, of course, you would also add the expected Human Vs CPU mode; that, my brother involves serious AI. No one on NL can do that. Well, unless of course, they create a dumb AI that always makes an unintelligent move. Given the fact that Ludo is not deterministic, the decision tree would be larger than most deterministic games.

What you and sirlekoso are talking about is not AI, it is simply the game play rules. That is easy and any [i]i[/i]diot can pull that off.

I largely agree with you.  It involves serious AI.  I actually did one way back then!  It was developed using C.  It has the complete works, human vs human, human vs computer and computer vs computer, GUI, animation etc.  It involved a lot of research and mine was an original work since I couldn't get to find any previous work on it.

No one wants to create a dumb game that makes unintelligent moves.  Given that Ludo is a game of strategy, with incomplete information and certain elements of uncertainty, a combination of AI techniques was what I used to create a truly captivating game engine that competes well with humans.

SayoMarvel:

It's been so many years I did mine.  I can only provide a steer right now.  Let the poster think and research along the following combination of approaches which was what I used:

- probabilistic reasoning: as tokens moves are determined by throw of dice, probabilistic reasoning gives you the likelihood of occurrence of any combination of numbers and how to make intelligent moves based on prediction.

- game theory, decision trees, value theory (min-max): these will enable you to determine the state of every token (both the opponents and yours) on the game board and attach values to each, refine the search and know the desirability of each token.

- Heuristics - the application of common sense reasoning.  This will further refine the choice.  Priorities may be applied to each token in terms of closeness to danger, safety on the board, closeness to home etc.  For example, if you have 2 tokens to play and one is in the home stretch and the other is steps away from 2 tokens of your opponent, which does common sense dictate you play when it's your move?  A set of these can be generated based on your knowledge of how the game is played.

webdezzi:

Ludo is a very simple task and involve some level of AI

Where AI comes into play will be when you include difficulty levels, For ludo, difficulty will take the form of you finding it hard to get a six, and the computer getting double six easily, or getting the exact number thats going send you back in.

While I agree that introduction of difficulty levels will be okay (though may be unnnecessary and unrealistic given what the poster asked for and his time limits), any algorithm that will include the 3 things you mentioned (highlighted) will be fraudulent and the game will not be fair again!

Teaman:

@webdezzi,
Agree with your post,
AI will also be needed for the CPU to know whether to chase, catch and send back home a guy in front, or just run, when being chased, or bring out a new guy with a six, bla bla bla.

I employed quite a combination of AI techniques as mentioned above.  Other areas that could also be looked into includes the ability to pause or save the game during play to be resumed later while the computer 'remembers' the exact state of the game etc
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Teaman(m): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2011
@webdezzi - Thanks! Will try to look into AS3

@analytical - Nice post, you must trully be a software engineer, as you seem to know a lot of theory.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2011
*Chai* Now i need to take paracetamol - you guyz don scatter our heads here with grammar. Is LUDO this complicated? If we want to kuku build chess abi draft nko?
Abeg, make i go start with tic-tac-toe jare - life is good!
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by omotodun2: 5:45am On Oct 24, 2011
@ Oga *dhtml

Ludo is not at all complicated. The game is easy to implement. However, if you want to implement a good AI system, then you are in a for big journey.
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Analytical(m): 7:27am On Oct 24, 2011
@omo_to_dun, you sure know what you are talking about! I'm liking you already smiley
Re: Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 24, 2011
I quite understand jare. It is easier to make a 2 player one than the AI type.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. / Bank Account Software By Abubakar Lawal / Why I Love Ruby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.