Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! (9281 Views)

How To Identify Wifey Materials Anywhere In The World.... Please Read! / Why Single Girls Are Turning You Down When You Ask Them Out / 9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2011
Lookin around u nowadyays u'll notice d girls are losing d wifey/motherly/family en home caretaker quality.D end result of dis is d outrageous outcry 4rm a reasonable amount of them lamenting about being dumped ova n ova by guys.D most pathetic part is dat most of dem neva tk d time 2 look into their character,while sm know dey are lacking in sm aspects bt are either 2 lazy,engaged in frivolous activities,or d worst;claiming a civilized/modern chick status.Dey hide under civilization 2 cover-up their inconsistencies.

Nowadays, many of them can't even kip their personal rooms tidy enough, some rely on washmen 2 do their laundry even wen it is not necessary & can barely afford it. Most of them (65%)can't prepare a decent meal.They'd rather eat out on their last bucks than cook @ home even wen dey have foodstuffs,ingredients,en other comfy cooking materials at home. As 4 some, the boys bear d burden,4getting someone like them cooked the sumptuous meal they mung in eateries en that @ half the price, they can prepare something even beta.'Practice makes perfect',u know?.

The end result of such girls running a future home can easily be predicted: Untidy home n children,improper meal structure @ home; that's if they cook @ all.Extra expenses of d family on stuffs like laundry,eating-out etc,constant quarrel between them en hubby,generally en conclusively-an unstable home.

Dis types of girls are d ones that only knows how 2 cook foods like-Rice,noodles,custard,bread wit fried eggs,plus other easy foods.They keep repeating these foods on d family nutritional menu. Some can even warm noodles from yesterday for their kids the next morning to take to school. En wen men consider all these en decide 2 dump their Bottom,they cry out foul.Thanks 2 civilization,all they're concerned about these days are fancy phones/things plus chatting en messaging all day. Imagine what d next generation will look like? Laundry en d fast-food business will experience a boom since almost every family will be eating out. What discipline,example or lessons will they even have 2 teach or inculcate into d children wen themselves will av nothing to offer! What a pity!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by slimyem: 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2011
what an epistle!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2011
^I guess you are 1 of them^
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by slimyem: 8:21am On Oct 14, 2011
Dandy.:

^I guess you are 1 of them^
its just a guess.u do not have proof of it!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2011
Well, you made some nice points up there! Truth be told, civilization has dealt a catastrophic blow to our societal and cultural values, but again, we cant reject civilization, especially with the advent of technology! I agree it should not be an excuse for a lady not to know how to cook, or being lazy, but sometimes, the way she was brought up, plays apart too! No one was born a cook, and no one was born lazy! In the days of my parents growing up, when technology was in it's precocious stages, we still had lazy girls, untidy girls and girls that cannot cook! What we are seeing now is a more sophisticated modernized manifestation of those girls, who were evidently brought up by the wayward ones in our parents times!
There are also some girls that were brought up wayward, that still have a good life today! They have fancy phones, they cant cook, they cant do their laundry, but they are NOT lazy, neither are they dirty! And to cap it off, they take care of their homes pretty well, even when in marriage! The foods you call easy, Noodles, custard, bread, eggs blah blah, are actually staple foods in some cultural facets of the world! Would you term an American lazy, because she cant prepare pounded yam, eba, amala for you? What do you call girls in those cultures that cant even prepare the so called easy foods like noodles, eggs, custard? Would you doubt the fact, that there are some girls that cant boil an egg? As in, they but it on boil, but do they know how many minutes an egg is supposed to be cooked?
You see civilization and technology, were brought upon us or rather, the world evolved into what it is today! All we have to do is try and adapt! If a girls character is not good enough for you, you bounce! Same is to be said for the guys too! The next generation would surely be different, but it wont be a total failure! Cos even then, if everyone decides to eat out, do their laundry outside, drive cars that fly, use phones that would even be more fanciful than the ones of today, things would still be orderly! We would still have families that dont know how to cook, but they are disciplined, very exemplary, morally and otherwise!

I wont subjugate that we have girls losing the wifey quality, but, it may not be for the reasons you mentioned! It's a matter of choice! Most girls were brought up good, but they went astray, some were brought up astray, but they ended up good! Nice article! but for every story, there's always a twist! wink
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by pendo89(f): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2011
eh! killz. your post blinded me.

nway op.you have a point but you were a bit biased even though you stuck to the title.
Those things you mentioned like 'meal structure' grin funny word,cleanliness laziness are things that you see in the course of dating.
Unfortunately people choose to date blindly ignoring all these faults because you fear breaking her heart. What do you do then?
you  proceed to marry her because you love her heart but dislike her habits.
Now if you have been eating noodles and poached eggs through out your dating period,plus accomodating filth and dirt, what makes you think that  you are now marrying martha s. Do you know that people never change? esp grown ups? They just continue being what they have been but in a different environment now.
Deal with things that you consider very important to you before you move it to the next level called marriage.

Something else,some men dont mind bad cook as long as she's good in bed. Av read that here on nl beginning with sexkillz himself. He said he can cook cz hes a good cook.
Others will prefer a good cook + lazy spouse. And there's a group that would date the filthiest of filth so long as she's an expert in sex.
People are soo different.
I have come to realise that what you regard as the 'standard' may not actually be the case. Its infact 'your' standard.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2011
pendo89:

eh! killz. your post blinded me.

Blinded you shey? But you still see road type ya comment, abi? grin How you dey? cheesy
pendo89:
sexkillz himself. He said he can cook cz hes a good cook.

#FACT! cool cool
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by pendo89(f): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2011
Abi ke! me dey fine

well poster see? killz doesnt mind a lousy cook for a wife. we are all different.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem:

its just a guess.u do not have proof of it!
Yes I don't av a proof,bt then I tot u got pricked en smhow u had to react defensively.

@sexkillz I understand ur point as well,bt lk u said-obviosly modern girls tend to be more negligent in their chores en other duties wen compared wit those 4rm previous generation(our mothers).Lk u also noted d numba of d seeds of d inconsistent ones 4rm d past generatn av multiplied,many others 4rm d dilligent mums av deflected 4rm d disciplines,while more parents from d previous generations got sucked into their proffesions dan d generation b4 dem.
En obviously more women in d present generation are getting further sucked into their works thus gettin little time 4 d home front.Work howeva shouldnt b an excuse cos dats Y there are wkends bt most mothers dont use it as a time 2 impart sm homely knowledge on their daughters.These en many other factors combined are making it worse by d day(or by d year).It all boils down to civilization,but then-civilization is good,but only comes wit countless shortcomings.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ebonyvibe(f): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2011
@OP I suppose you want a carreer woman who will be a domestic goddess as well if she is willing to go out and work you must be willing to help out with cooking and cleaning once in a while as she is helping you with the bills.

If your bent on having a domestic goddess marry a housewife and be the single bread winner you shall have no problem. Sometimes men make me laugh they want super woman when they are not ready to be Superman
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by yusuf2(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2011
ebonyvibe:

Sometimes men make me laugh they want super woman when they are not ready to be Superman
LoL, do u think u can handle a superman?

@op, nice write-up and i notice how careful u where not to directly assign the condition to a specific race or class of women unlike some wld who come out and directly say, Nigerian girls this, Nigerian girls that. However, one does not have to travel round the world physically to know that this is what is obtainable in Developed/developing countries.

@killz, [s]fear dey even catch me to type ur name complete sef[/s], u couldn't have said it better, any man intending to get married to a 21st century contemporary/sophisticated working class lady and expects her to perform the full job of a house wife must have his head buried deep in the sands,

that said, it's time for men to come around to accept the fact that u wld never get the complete package of a wife in that lady u're about to marry, how u work things out and try to live in harmony with that unavailable trait u wld have wanted her to have but hasn't got wld be a test of d strenght of ur Union(Marriage).
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 14, 2011
yusuf_@:

LoL, do u think u can handle a superman?

@op, nice write-up and i notice how careful u where not to directly assign the condition to a specific race or class of women unlike some wld who come out and directly say, Nigerian girls this, Nigerian girls that. However, one does not have to travel round the world physically to know that this is what is obtainable in Developed/developing countries.

@killz, [s]fear dey even catch me to type your name complete sef[/s], u couldn't have said it better, any man intending to get married to a 21st century contemporary/sophisticated working class lady and expects her to perform the full job of a house wife must have his head buried deep in the sands,

that said, it's time for men to come around to accept the fact that u wld never get the complete package of a wife in that lady u're about to marry, how u work things out and try to live in harmony with that unavailable trait u wld have wanted her to have but hasn't got wld be a test of d strenght of your Union(Marriage).
In other words, if you meet a girl you like and she's lacking in some aspects and you have those aspects or you can help her achieve your imaginations and her traits, then you should go for it! cool cool
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Ebonyvibe,I know it's not easy but does dat mean u don't know or there doesn't exist women dat combine both attributes well enough? No! although at times it depends on d kind of work.Dat's Y I,en most other guys will prefer a woman engaged in a type of work dat gives time/chance 4 d homefront.
I however agree dat sm factors should be sacrificed,accepted,or forgone wen sourcing 4 life spouse.e.g Goodluck sacrificed fluent English speaking 4 a carring en supportive wife en mother 2 his kids,ut then,a woman lacking d home/family-care attitude is not worth it.What den does d husband en kids benefit 4rm her status of being a wife en mother.If dey eventually turn out 2 fall in d category of girls in discourse,d blame goes to d mums.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ebonyvibe(f): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
I suggest you do the same as Goodluck but not all men share your views.

And look at how she has now become an international embarassment to him; have you heard of house help if your wife cant do it and you cant help her you should invest in some house help which will help both of you free up more time for romance without anyone feeling frustrated.

I have a cleaner, lesson teacher, take clothes that will be ruined in the washing machine to the dryclearners, my girls go to finishing school and am a better wife for it. Some times i get the caterer on weekends to cook the complicated food that i cant and my husband loves it we go on holidays and i still have the energy not just a miserable being you need to think of womens needs

if it is that easy why dont you go to work and cook for your wife every evening and clean the house as well what u wouldnt do dont expect your fellow human to do it . she is not your slave

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by MMM2(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
angryangryangryangry
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by HornyJane(f): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
Yeah poster u're right but am not into such acts that gets the wifey Features diminishing tongue tongue
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by teskyg: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nice one Poster.Finding a wife material these days is so hard, Going through some Harrowing experience. Most of the girls i meet these days think i want a fling and they just wana have fun while it last.I relate most of their behaviors with the future(being my wife).They Nag (would be a trouble maker in future), don't want me hanging out with my guys(will be too possessive),always want to buy everything she see(too expensive and will run me dry in future), A good wife, who can find?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Gbenge77(m): 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
So how do we remedy the situation?
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by MrsChima1(f): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
OP

Nigerian girls are speaking up to be heard huh?

Too bad! Rock on Nigerian girls! wink cheesy
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
Gurls are into runs. . . . Doz dat aren't are wishin dey were. . . . No time to learn womanly values. .
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by dinah777: 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2011
ya,its easy for y'all to generalize its d same way contemporary Nigerian men are losing their manly quality d want to sit back and let d women pay the bills and u still expect them to wash and cook for u no way!!when we were growing up our mothers worked and contributed to the upkeep of the home because they wanted to not because the had to,a lot of our young men these days see women as a means to an end,qualification for marriage is now based on which oil company u work for,how much Ur take home is or how fat Ur father's bank account is,so the men dump the sincere ones who are working tooth and nail to make it and at the same time keep their man,when responsibilities change there is bound to be chaos Garbage in!!!Garbage out!!!!!!!quit nagging.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Dandy1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ebonyvibe,u dey vex on behalf of d ladies o! Wat of a family dat's not rich enuf to employ all d above said.
En anoda issue is most rich folks don't get d so said stewards to impart sm groomings to their kids.
Nooo O! Why I go wan choose Uncle Jonat's choice,I jst dey cite as xample.Vice versa sm men would av gone for a sporadic english shooting lady dat lacks d wifey en motherly quality in discourse.As anoda person earlier said;4 sm it could b sex,sm fashion sense,intelligence -which is not parallel wit spoken-english,etc.
But then these choices in negligence of a dilligent wifey en motherly obligations will be devastating;not only to d homes bt later d society at large.
@gbeng77-as earlier procured:u look d 1 dat possesses mostly d quality u really crave n deal wit d remaining shortcomings,provided they'll be bearable 4 u now en in future.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by ImaIma1(f): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2011
i think dandy that u r surrounded by those type of people cos i see differently.my sister for instance is a banker, a manager o.she gets caught up wit work and is so busy but mennnn she cookssss delicacies.the kinds of food that takes time and coordination.my sisters inlaw too, the same.enough variety.maybe its cos of where i am from sha.
its a personal thing.
but the guys fall in love with such "lazy" babes and marry them,probably cos they are good in some other areas, if u kno what i mean grin.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
Men aren't exactly great hunters anymore either. It goes both ways.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by armyofone(m): 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
don't give me the crappies up there cuz i bring in the bacon just like you  cheesy

better know how to cook before you propose. be ready to starve if you waiting for my kitchen expertize.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by LoveKing(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
Girls should stop going to akata, this will be the best solution to this coz most girls 80% in these universities become aristos at a certain point. its saddening.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by nanidee(f): 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
Too much long stories In tĦis thread.

@OP, Iτ̲̅'s rather appalling when men expect to take the back seat, and then expect the woman to do everything.

Everything should have a balance!! Who says a man sĦouldn't be In the kitchen helping his wife if Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ can? Must iτ̅ always have to be the woman doing everything, while the man relaxes, watching tv?

I have come to notice tĦat men who are more likely to have tĦis character are the ones who are always quick to jump to "21st century girls tĦis, contemporary girls tĦat".

However, there still exists such girls. You can find them In practically every rural area/village.

Fact is: you can't have iτ̅ all. A man looking to get a perfect or "homely" woman should also be ready to be perfect and loving. cool
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
sexkillz abegii enlarge ur font.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by LadyWinona: 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Poster Aren't u a bit biased? If there are Contemporary Women, like u had called it, then it's common sense to also think that there are 'Contemporary' Men too. Or are u implying that all the recent technology and education are tailored for the women alone while leaving men in pre-historic times? Hello, like someone had commented above, u can't eat your cake and have it too. If a woman is putting the same number of hours and time as men to get to the same position u re in now both in school and in the work place, as is the case now in this modern world, then consider any skill in extracurricular activities like cooking, washing and what have you as a gift. For pete's sake, when will this shi.t end? Today, it is "we want educated women who work", tomorrow it is "Yeah, we've changed our minds, now we want her to be domestic". MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!! If u see a woman with both, then consider her a rare gem handed to you by the gods, otherwise, work with what u have. All that extra cash should solve the deficiencies without causing any havoc or unprecendented posts here in NL. Bunch of confused ingrates.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by MrsChima1(f): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
ogugua88:

Men aren't exactly great hunters anymore either. It goes both ways.

No, they are not.  We get to hear all about their incompetency on this site.  Na wa o.
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by Wislet(f): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
teskyg:

Nice one Poster.Finding a wife material these days is so hard, Going through some Harrowing experience. Most of the girls i meet these days think i want a fling and they just wana have fun while it last.I relate most of their behaviors with the future(being my wife).They Nag (would be a trouble maker in future), don't want me hanging out with my guys(will be too possessive),always want to buy everything she see(too expensive and will run me dry in future), A good wife, who can find?
More like, '' A good wife, who has the eyes to see?''. '' A good wife, does this present generation of men deserve?'' Lol. They are not under rocks or best imagined., They are there, But are YOU seeing them? Or do you look over their heads for figure eight, big behind or whatever, pointed bosoms, fashion freak, etc. while they are right there under your noses? Funny guys. Sometimes you don't get something cos you are not that thing u're looking for. Are you mature, disciplined, a good man yourself? Do you know what relationship/marriage is all about-and not just body figure or lust? You complain, yet you have not taken time to develop yourselves. The ones that can see are seeing them.,,even such ladies are asking the same questions as you!
Re: Contemporary Nigerian Girls Are Losing The Wifey Quality! by oziomatv(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Ebonyvibe I agree in some of your points, it's not easy for a woman to handle all the home duties still perform her role at night. We men need to fold our sleeves and join in, me personally dislike a house wife I teach myself some domestic works, I find it sexy seeing men that cook for their wife still being the man in the family.

@Daddy, If you're referring to those TV scream addicts MAMA BOMBOY, you're right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Pizza For The First Time In My Life, Pls Advice. (pics update] / My Sex Life Attracting Women To Me, Any Medical Explanation? / Welcome My Sister She Is Back From Las Vegas,and new here (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.