Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) (16029 Views)

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

No: 80% (4 votes)
Yes: 20% (1 vote)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Html4 Vs Html5 The Main Difference – Naijafixer.com / Help With Download Link Of BPM Software From Webratio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2011
Was working on something similar to yours before except is a widget system not an OS thing and its not even HTML5, because am not really deep with HTML5 too many cross browser inconsistency.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
@pc guru

That looks great smiley I initially wanted it to be a widget, but the idea just got bigger. I would create a git repo when i feel ready. What i am doing now is writing some of the parts as jQuery plugins.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2011
cry i really hate Jquery with a passion, its gonna be more work for you turning your HTML 5 OS into a web application Jquery does good work in animation and DOM handling however Jquery is an ass especially since you're gonna abstract each features, i'd recommend you look into a plugin for jquery that allows Class like support or write the class structure in pure JS. i used Jquery a lot and i can tell you its downfall, the paradigm of everything being a Jquery Object is what i find disturbing.

You can read about OO in JQuery from the author himself.
http://ejohn.org/blog/classy-query/

i wish u all thes best i foresee u hacking Jquery Codes and merging them together
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
I am only using jQuery where DOM manipulation is needed. Other codes are written in a class-like manner.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
so how is it coming need any help in any angle. i got an ipad PSD stuff but its quite large u can use it for prototype holla me when u need some assistance.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
pc guru:

so how is it coming need any help in any angle. i got an ipad PSD stuff but its quite large u can use it for prototype holla me when u need some assistance.

I was working on a script that would allow app pages to be swiped like the ipad, but it was ok but it did not feel natural for the mouse. Since i do not want scrollbars on apps, i made another script that would allow pages to be scrolled easily by placing the mouse over a specific element. The speed can be adjusted too.  Right now, i have not gone deep. This are what i have succeeded in doing

1. Install OS (Account Creation, File System Creation etc)
2. Home Screen

Wasted alot of time with the iPad swipe stuff. Tomorrow, i will be putting all the small small scripts i have written together to complete the home screen.

Thank you so much for offering to help, at the moment, nothing is proving stubborn. But i will definitely call on you when i am challenged. I would also like to see the ipad PSD. Please send them to my email kennedyidialu [at] gmail [.] com

Thanks
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sent 14mb in size hope u have PhotoShop
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
pc guru:

Sent 14mb in size hope u have PhotoShop

Thank you. I have photoshop smiley
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by sweetpawn1: 2:47am On Oct 20, 2011
@pcguru and worldbest
Great job guys. Its rear to see two Nigerian programers sharing ideas together in a project. As I read your exchange of posts back and forth, I was quietly smiling and nodding my head! Good job!

Worldbest can't wait to use your OS! Mind you, you will create the record of being the programmer that created the first Nigerian Made online O.S! Like Spider Man, to whom its is given great powers comes great responsibility. You have the power to code that O.S and make that responsible record!More grease to your elbow-or as I always say in the more African way-more ogbonor soup to the eba that you swallow so that it may never hook in your throat!
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2011
sweet-pawn:

@pcguru and worldbest
Great job guys. Its rear to see two Nigerian programers sharing ideas together in a project. As I read your exchange of posts back and forth, I was quietly smiling and nodding my head! Good job!

Worldbest can't wait to use your OS! Mind you, you will create the record of being the programmer that created the first Nigerian Made online O.S! Like Spider Man, to whom its is given great powers comes great responsibility. You have the power to code that O.S and make that responsible record!More grease to your elbow-or as I always say in the more African way-more ogbonor soup to the eba that you swallow so that it may never hook in your throat!

grin grin Chai!! God bless you bro. You just increased my motivation level to 200%. Thank you very much. smiley Hopefully, in two weeks i will release an alpha version.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Beaf: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
@worldbest
Have you done any reading about possibilities with Windows 8? It allows you to build native apps with HTML 5; if you haven't, download it and give it a whirl.
It should help you position your target market in ways you might not yet have thought possible.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2011
spot on i even forget about that too. but will it be pure HTML5 or Microsoft HTML 5 Specific,both ways its all good
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by xterra2(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
@worldbest nice initiative very good i tell you
thats kinda like the google browser is called chrome os

i hope you succed and it do well
i myself am sad, i have been doing some app development for android, ios windows phone 7 blackbery but am stucked i couldnt get past one stage, iv suspended the project right now i would revist it later , but i changed the languae i was using to do the project i hope i succeed

i like seeing poepel doing softwares or OS as this case may be

Goodluck worldbest ,
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2011
xterra2 everybody gets stuck what i think u shud do is relax, sketch on paper the thing u want to implement break down into smaller unit, then tackle one by one the mind is very powerful taking a large project at once can be overwhelming but once splitted in smaller modules u'd be shocked how easy it is. infact i'll be consulting you for android and Win phone 7 tips i'd like to start as for Blackberry not interested it was just to insane the libraries are too outdated.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2011
Beaf:

@worldbest
Have you done any reading about possibilities with Windows 8? It allows you to build native apps with HTML 5; if you haven't, download it and give it a whirl.
It should help you position your target market in ways you might not yet have thought possible.

Yes, i understand that windows 8 will let developers build native apps but i haven't really done much reading on it. I think this is one of the platform i need to consider because it may have negative effects on my work. I imagine developers preferring to build HTML5 Apps for windows 8 which would be much more powerful. I willl do more research on Window 8 HTML5 capabilities. Thank you for bringing this up.  smiley

xterra2:

@worldbest nice initiative very good i tell you
thats kinda like the google browser is called chrome os

i hope you succed and it do well
i myself am sad, i have been doing some app development for android, ios windows phone 7 blackbery but am stucked i couldnt get past one stage, iv suspended the project right now i would revist it later , but i changed the languae i was using to do the project i hope i succeed

i like seeing poepel doing softwares or OS as this case may be

Goodluck worldbest ,

Thank you xterra. Don't be sad, i understand that feeling. When i am unable to get something right, i get angry at myself, go to bed (even if its morning) with a biro and an paper, ponder about ways to tackle the challenge. If i cannot come up with the solution, i go to StackOverflow and ask questions. This approach has never failed me. Never give up  smiley smiley

pc guru:

xterra2 everybody gets stuck what i think u shud do is relax, sketch on paper the thing u want to implement break down into smaller unit, then tackle one by one the mind is very powerful taking a large project at once can be overwhelming but once splitted in smaller modules u'd be shocked how easy it is. infact i'll be consulting you for android and Win phone 7 tips i'd like to start as for Blackberry not interested it was just to insane the libraries are too outdated.

smiley Nice
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 1:08am On Oct 22, 2011
Been working really hard since I made this thread. Its serving as source for motivation, the project neva tire me sha. Ok see the home screen, iPad inspired.

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Ojukwu24(m): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2011
@World Best. Nice job and please make sure you don't stop. Keep the good work going. I wish you the best.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
I think this is the sleekest interface design I've seen. Now this is cool. shud I send some specifications of how each app method developers shud extend ? I can send in word or pdf.good work.forget if similar exists let's have one for nigerian community.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2011
I think this is the sleekest interface design I've seen. Now this is cool. shud I send some specifications of how each app method developers shud extend ? I can send in word or pdf.good work.forget if similar exists let's have one for nigerian community.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2011
Ojukwu24:

@World Best. Nice job and please make sure you don't stop. Keep the good work going. I wish you the best.

Thank you bro. God Bless.
pc guru:

Thank you bro. I have a sort of OCD that forces me to doubt the beauty of interfaces i design, i end up re-doing it grin. I am happy you think its sleek grin grin.
Please send me your specifications, this is one of the areas i have not yet finalized plans.

I tampered with my il8n code, so i will just go fix it.

Cheers grin
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by SayoMarvel(m): 1:53am On Oct 23, 2011
Seriously, this is good job! I'm looking forward to running your "OS" on my system very soon.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2011
SayoMarvel:

Seriously, this is good job! I'm looking forward to running your "OS" on my system very soon.

Thank you very much. Very soon we'll all be testing an alpha version smiley

I will be making a small change to the way the OS starts. At the moment, the app starts in a new pinned tab. This is OK, but I want apps to run in full screen mode (without pressing F11) and not obstruct the users normal browsing experience. So I have decided to make the OS start in a new popup window which is totally fullscreen and independent from all windows. But the OS will still have full control over the popup and all windows. The user can switch to the OS by bringing it up from the taskbar, by clicking a shortcut icon on the desktop, by tapping a key while viewing a website and by performing a mouse gesture.

Right now I dey for church. Hopefully, I would complete this by the end of today.

Cheers
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
This is fantastic. I like people working hard like this - so that we will start killing off all those "Nigerians cant do this and that we only get mouth".
I am working on some very fantastic stuffs too for personal library - when it comes out fully - i will share it.

Meanwhile, @worldbest, if you require any extra hand even if it is to write ordinary html - i can try out my hands on it.

BTW, i once made an online shell that works rather like linux shell - you type in commands and it is processed on the server.
Then, i was just learning - and did not know much - later on i had issues online and scrapped it because i did not have enough skills then
(this was like 5 years ago) - when i saw this your thread, it made me remember.

So go and be the super-hero jare.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2011
*dhtml:

This is fantastic. I like people working hard like this - so that we will start killing off all those "Nigerians cant do this and that we only get mouth".
I am working on some very fantastic stuffs too for personal library - when it comes out fully - i will share it.

Meanwhile, @worldbest, if you require any extra hand even if it is to write ordinary html - i can try out my hands on it.

BTW, i once made an online shell that works rather like linux shell - you type in commands and it is processed on the server.
Then, i was just learning - and did not know much - later on i had issues online and scrapped it because i did not have enough skills then
(this was like 5 years ago) - when i saw this your thread, it made me remember.

So go and be the super-hero jare.

grin grin grin cry Thank you very much dhtml. It gives me joy to know that someone like you acknowledges it. This is great motivation for me.
I will surely call on you when i feel its time for more hands.

grin
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
You are most welcome amigo. Meanwhile, you might want to do a little food for thought on this one - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-783143.0.html#msg9401106
I want all my websites to have a single signup/login rather like yahoo and google.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
*dhtml:

You are most welcome amigo. Meanwhile, you might want to do a little food for thought on this one - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-783143.0.html#msg9401106
I want all my websites to have a single signup/login rather like yahoo and google.

Nice one, you just taught me what i have been trying to know. smiley
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2011
Very good amigo. It is more easier than it seems. But something that requires some technicality chases many people away except for those that love challenges.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2011
*dhtml:

Very good amigo. It is more easier than it seems. But something that requires some technicality chases many people away except for those that love challenges.

Thats true. I love challenges.

--

Now the OS, runs on its own independent window and refreshes the display whenever it is re-sized. This made me realize that the OS can also have two modes

1. Full Screen
2. Mini Screen (900x600)

Full screen would be suitable for applications that require the whole computer resolution. While mini screen would be for apps that do not need the whole screen e.g Chat apps, games (Ludo, X and O, etc)

The last time i used style-style  grin to play with someone's iPad, it had this feature.

Cheers  grin
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2011
I was gonna ask the following questions privately but just decided to ask openly and some things i wanted to know if u like the idea?

1. Is it gonna run locally as HTML5 Offline or Online.
if Online then cool, i was thinking we could bridge Flash and HTML5 OS thus increasing and enabling far more advanced features, for example the music player we all know not every browser supports the WebAudio API for HTML5 but imagine i created an app called "ihateCrapsongs" html5 widgets which once it instantiated which embed a simple Flash Object let's call the Flash Object a proxy that is hidden and via ExternalInterface the JavaScript can communicate with the SWF and thus play songs since all Browsers support Flash. that way far more advanced features i will send a word on some basic guides for creating interface for author to create plugins. @dhtml as always the guru that knows his stuff.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 5:38pm On Oct 23, 2011
pc guru:

I was gonna ask the following questions privately but just decided to ask openly and some things i wanted to know if u like the idea?

1. Is it gonna run locally as HTML5 Offline or Online.
if Online then cool, i was thinking we could bridge Flash and HTML5 OS thus increasing and enabling far more advanced features, for example the music player we all know not every browser supports the WebAudio API for HTML5 but imagine i created an app called "ihateCrapsongs" html5 widgets which once it instantiated which embed a simple Flash Object let's call the Flash Object a proxy that is hidden and via ExternalInterface the JavaScript can communicate with the SWF and thus play songs since all Browsers support Flash. that way far more advanced features i will send a word on some basic guides for creating interface for author to create plugins. @dhtml as always the guru that knows his stuff.

Yes, the OS will have support for both offline apps (packaged) and online app (hosted). I like your idea, but i think the web is trying to move away from flash, and developers can still use flash in their apps. Although, i don't know flash and i am guessing that you talking about adding more features to HTML5. Don't you think the bridge can just be written as a library/plugin?
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
I get ur point, but the flash won't be on the interface or anything specific html app can load flash and even trigger flash method to perform an action and retrieve the data back to html5 data. I use it sadly my blog is down I'll send the doc along the explaination. An e.g is grooveshark the site is html but flash under the hood plays the songs but the interface is in html and js.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2011
And also not forgetting that flash can synchronize with javascript - in a 2 way communication, and so can act as a bridge.

You can call a flash actionscript function from javascript, and the reverse is possible also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Make Payment For Any Udemy Course With My Credit Card? / Your Future As A Software Developer / Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.