Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) (16027 Views)

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

No: 80% (4 votes)
Yes: 20% (1 vote)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Html4 Vs Html5 The Main Difference – Naijafixer.com / Help With Download Link Of BPM Software From Webratio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
well yes am a student but i hardly enter class just waiting for exam, 3 years is not easy beginning to get bored and impatient,
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
pc guru: well yes am a student but i hardly enter class just waiting for exam, 3 years is not easy beginning to get bored and impatient,

Okay. I am now a student too. How did it get to 3 years? What course/program?
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
Which Center, are you the short guy guys have been talking about being a Guru grin.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
pc guru: Which Center, are you the short guy guys have been talking about being a Guru grin.

The Maryland center. smiley I don't know if I'm that short guy o but I'm not short and not tall lol. People call me Java or Intelli J
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by netesy(m): 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
*****Strolling*****
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
Tomorrow, I will be working on the

- App Tray
- App Board

1 Like

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2012
Currently working on the App Tray and App Board.

1 Like

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by netesy(m): 2:53am On Jun 03, 2012
sleek
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
netesy: sleek

Thanks
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
Implementing the application stack for app view/window management.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by xterra2(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wow so nice & at this time, its only for launching twitter angry birds no ? Though they all re_direct to google.com
Now everytime I open chrome your sage os load also, how can I stop it so I can open it manually ? Am not used to chrome my second time of it only, am used to firefox but 'll switch to chrome soon

I noticed the following:
-it is NOT html5. I right clicked & went to view page source and I saw the doctype declaration for html5 the doctype is <!DOCTYPE html> the doctype you use is html4 you can make more research on it
-after setting up my username & password the first time, when re-open it shows me the account pic and ask me to insert my username, if I do so it won't open but if I put my password it works so that's a mistake

Questions
-which software do you use ? Dreamweaver ?
-what features do you want to add in the near feature

And btw, am having exams soon if am through with it can I join you ? So we can do it together ? I'll help with what I can
I want to add a status bar showing time only when the user hovers around the time I wld use css3 transitions for it to animate & bring up full time & date, the time would be on the bg image itself
I also have some nice features to add
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
xterra2: Wow so nice
I wanted to ask:
-is it multi user ?
-does it have a settings page or something?
- can apps run on the os

Yes, its multi user but at the moment its restricted to one user session.

At the moment, I am yet to implement a settings page, but its going to be added soon. In the last version, it was included.

Right now, you can run hosted apps (web apps). In a couple days, I will be working on the API/Framework that would allow anyone to create packaged apps and extensions with offline capabilities.

Apps created with the framework would be compatible with any other platform the OS supports (firefox, andriod, blackberry and ios) in the future.

1 Like

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by xterra2(m): 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
I edited my post check the edited one
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by guru01(m): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
This thing is taking forever, why?
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
xterra2: Wow so nice & at this time, its only for launching twitter angry birds no ? Though they all re_direct to google.com
Now everytime I open chrome your sage os load also, how can I stop it so I can open it manually ? Am not used to chrome my second time of it only, am used to firefox but 'll switch to chrome soon

I noticed the following:
-it is NOT html5. I right clicked & went to view page source and I saw the doctype declaration for html5 the doctype is <!DOCTYPE html> the doctype you use is html4 you can make more research on it
-after setting up my username & password the first time, when re-open it shows me the account pic and ask me to insert my username, if I do so it won't open but if I put my password it works so that's a mistake

Questions
-which software do you use ? Dreamweaver ?
-what features do you want to add in the near feature

And btw, am having exams soon if am through with it can I join you ? So we can do it together ? I'll help with what I can
I want to add a status bar showing time only when the user hovers around the time I wld use css3 transitions for it to animate & bring up full time & date, the time would be on the bg image itself
I also have some nice features to add

Yes, that version only goes to google when you click on any item. Its not a bug, just for testing. That version takes you away from the OS totally. But that has changed. Now you can use the AppTray to see other opened apps.

Soon, you'll be able to prevent the OS from starting up automatically from the settings page. Although, this would be the default behaviour. Also, you'll be able to open or minimize the OS window by pressing the OS action icon near the address bar or tapping a key.

Yes, I am aware that my html isn't HTML5. That can be fixed later. Need to update my IDE which is phpStorm.

I will fix the issue with the log on page message. Thanks bro

I have some features I'd like to implement but first the basic features of an OS/Cloud OS must be added.

It would be great to have more people working with me. Actually, I plan to put it up on Github once it reaches a certain stage. I have added basic date and time but I'm yet to make it work realtime (not my priority yet).

Thank you for taking your time to post your findings. I appreciate it bro.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
Still working on the AppWindow and Dialogs. Hopefully, I would upload the new version for download tonight and also upload a youtube video for those who aren't ready to test it.

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
Sweet work bro.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by auwal87(m): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
Nice work, don't forget security and privacy.

1 Like

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:04am On Jun 05, 2012
auwal87: Nice work, don't forget security and privacy.
auwal87:
Nice work, don't forget security and privacy.
pc guru: Sweet work bro.

Thanks guys. Security and privacy is definately important.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
ATM, i am doing some reading on Backbone.js. I need to write clean codes as jQuery is "shitting" everywhere.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
I am unable to upload the latest version because I've been having problems with my internet. Airtel won't let me use my internet plan because of my BIS.

Anyways, I took a break and was working with Backbone.js. But I won't be using it just yet as I don't get it yet (cheesy. So I wrote me a small script that separates my jQuery mess from my business/model codes.

Tomorrow, I would round up everything that has to do with the App Window and Tray.

More screenies

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
Sorry for my inability to post actual screenshots from PC.

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by kingsilly(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
@worldbest is ok lemme see wat i can do try manipulate it here nd there..gewd job thou..kip it up.......
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2012
kingsilly: @worldbest is ok lemme see wat i can do try manipulate it here nd there..gewd job thou..kip it up.......

Thanks bro. If you find anything that isn't right, pls let me know.

Right now, I am refactoring the codes with my little scripts.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
make the icons bigger
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
lordZOUGA: make the icons bigger

The icons used have a dimension of 50px by 50px. But the max dimension is 60px by 60px.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
I would like to know if this project is worth continuing as my motivation is really low. Knowing that the cloud OS space has players like Google Chrome OS, Jollicloud, carbyn, Windows 8. Do you think this project is a waste of time? Please use the poll above to vote. Thanks
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by lordZOUGA(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
nice... You are trying to build a browser OS with javascript and HTML5. Kool. But for some reason you started with designing user interface which (considering the two languages you are using) is the easiest thing you can do with them. Have you thought of processes and threads?? How you will handle mutexes and semaphores??. Please I'd really like to know how you wanna simulate them.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
lordZOUGA: nice... You are trying to build a browser OS with javascript and HTML5. Kool. But for some reason you started with designing user interface which (considering the two languages you are using) is the easiest thing you can do with them. Have you thought of processes and threads?? How you will handle mutexes and semaphores??. Please I'd really like to know how you wanna simulate them.

First, I started with the interface because I tend to hate any project I start if they aren't attractive from the begining (I still don't know why I do things like this, forces to me work slowly). As for process and threads, for now I want to stick with HTML5 standards. I will be using Web workers for threads and anything HTML5 has to offer. If this project gets adopted by a lot of people, then, the project could then be made to be a standalone OS running on seperate partition or as a desktop app powered by a chromium engine with powerful javascript APIs for real process/thread creation and other APIs.

Who knows, it could be Africa's answer to Chrome OS cheesy
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by lordZOUGA(m): 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
if you move it away from a browser it will defeat the purpose and you want to do it entirely with javascript. Right? Else I would have adviced you to checkout Qt webkit module. Code with HTML5, javascript and C++. Its open source.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
It may seem like I have be doing only interface works. True, but every ui components (AppBoard, AppTray, User account, AppWindow) actually plugs into the "kernel" (make una no laugh o). I am not just using html and js to design. APIs to manage this components would also be added too.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
lordZOUGA: if you move it away from a browser it will defeat the purpose and you want to do it entirely with javascript. Right? Else I would have adviced you to checkout Qt webkit module. Code with HTML5, javascript and C++. Its open source.

That's very correct. There are some things I would like to add to my feature list but to do so would mean that I would be looking a C/C++. For now, ill just use JS. If this thing gets good attention, then I may just go ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Make Payment For Any Udemy Course With My Credit Card? / Your Future As A Software Developer / Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.