Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni (7656 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Kalu Uche Named Nigeria’s Richest Players / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Named Nigeria’s Richest Player / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by djones: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2011
Yakubu – Siasia must go!

Blackburn Rovers striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has asked that Samson Siasia be fired as Nigeria coach after he failed to qualify the country to the Nations Cup.

“When you don’t get the result, the coach has to go. That’s football. Siasia didn’t get the country to the Nations Cup, while (Shuaibu) Amodu and Christian Chukwu did and they still got fired,” said Yakubu in an interview. “The manager did not do well even after all the power and support he received. He did not help the team.

“We should therefore look for some else to try his luck. (Stephen) Keshi can do the job.” Yakubu dismissed insinuations that the players may have ganged up to sabotage the coach, saying no player would not want to feature at a big event like the Nations Cup despite the fact some of the big-name stars were at loggerheads with Siasia.

“It’s a disaster, a big shame that we will not be at the Nations Cup. The players will feel it come January when they will have to watch the tournament on television. They wanted to be there and so could not have played not to be there,” he said. ‘The Yak’ has not featured for Nigeria since his unpardonable miss in last year’s World Cup match against South Korea.

He has reportedly cut off contact with Siasia even when the coach tried to reach him when he took over the national team in November.
However, he insisted he has not quit international football. “I have not retired from the national team and I will be available if I’m picked,” he said.

The technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will meet later Thursday in Abuja to decide the fate of Siasia. Sports minister Yusuf Sulaiman’s pronouncement that a decision on Siasia’s future is beyond the NFF is believed to have angered the country’s football officialdom just as opinions are divided over the fate of the coach.

Siasia has received support from his peers and younger colleagues, but older coaches have asked for his head, saying he is not matured enough for the country’s top coaching post.

Siasia rode on an overwhelming public support to be named Eagles coach in November, but after the failure at the weekend, such backing has dwindled.

The coach himself has worsened his case by saying on a radio interview that he will not work under any coach.

“I don’t want to work under anybody. If the person doesn’t understand me and I don’t understand him, that becomes another problem,” he insisted.

http://www.africasoccernet.com/?p=4181
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by MrGlobe(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2011
Hahaha, trying to survive
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^

Bitter truth he said, inith?
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by maclatunji: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2011
I have also said it- Yakubu Karry go, nothing do you!
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by femmy2010(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2011
See Yakubu dey talk oo.
For me i want Siasia to stay.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu is CORRECT,he should GO!
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Demdem(m): 10:14am On Oct 15, 2011
Na wa oo. See what failure has caused.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by buzor(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2011
for all i care, siasia or what ever is his name should go. the contract he signed with the FA stipulates that he should reach the quatre finals of the afcon, but look at the situation on ground, he couldnt qualify the team talk more of quatre finals. besides, the guy is an unforgiving fool. what did enyeama did not to be invited. even after apologising, still he refused to invite the guy. nemesis has caught up wit him. and why is he having problems wit all the players - etuhu, enyama, osaze, mikel, yakubu etc.
siasia pls go,
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by kulutempa: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2011
Pot calling the kettle black.  Isn't  this the same fool who couldn't score against an open net at the last world cup?  Shio.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by ifyalways(f): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2011
Sia1 had a contract and one of the clauses was that he'd take us to the nations cup.He knew all the odds against us yet he decided to play godV

Fighting players daily,bickering like a market woman.He failed alot of people,he failed the contract he signed so he should GO!!!

It's more than pathetic reading Yobo's interview where he said "our handlers did not tell us a 2:1 scoreline wud have scaled us through". Obviously,both coach + players did not do their homework well.

Come January I'd be cheering "The elephants" of IV.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by joscar: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2011
grin grin, hahahahahaha i laugh like baba abeg make siasia stay, i think he will correct his mistake next time!
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by sylve11: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2011
yakubu should go also. . . cool
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by bankol18(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu should shut the hell up,the biatch wasn't called up by Coach Siasia thus his grievance.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu has a point. Christian Chukwu was fired despite taking the team to a 3rd place finish in the Nations cup. He didn't fail to quality for the world cup. I think they removed him before the last match. Correct me if i'm wrong. But if Aiyegbeni is still eying a shirt in the super eagles team then he must be be dreaming.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by bojar(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2011
Every body is calling for siasia's head, What happens to the non-commitment on the part of the lousy chicken eagles, Siasia came along the line, Yak is a disgrace to soccer, He is just trying to redeem his warped image, that is if he has any
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by 1forall: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2011
This is one of the problems of the freedom of speech
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by otokx(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2011
siasia should go
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by asoebi(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2011
Peole dey give opinion yakubu sef dey talk, him as a player wetin hin do for world cup nobe say hin wan dribble post   shame one him siasia should stay take it or leave it siasia is still the best coach for our super eagle
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2011
@joseph yobo,shut up. As a captain u dont need a prof or coach to tell u that a 2-1 lead would have qualified us.
ifyalways:

Sia1 had a contract and one of the clauses was that he'd take us to the nations cup.He knew all the odds against us yet he decided to play godV

Fighting players daily,bickering like a market woman.He failed alot of people,he failed the contract he signed so he should GO!!!

*It's more than pathetic reading Yobo's interview where he said "our handlers did not tell us a 2:1 scoreline wud have scaled us through".* Obviously,both coach + players did not do their homework well.

Come January I'd be cheering "The elephants" of IV.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2011
when you bring open shame upon yourself, everyone then has a 'word of advice' for you. undecided
yes, siasia must go
but yakubu should stay gone! angry
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2011
Success has so many fathers and mothers  and failure doesnt. This is a food 4 thot. The moment u fail, u are on your own. Yak shouldnt be the one talking at this point. Hope he hasnt gotten so easily how that dat he cost us the last world cup. When he conspiously played d ball away in front an open net.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by slap1(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu is right, he's also a sore loser.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu forgets that he has also failed the Super Eagles when it mattered most, he has failed his club on several occasions, he is just a bitter old sod  tongue
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Afam4eva(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2011
aso ebi:

Peole dey give opinion yakubu sef dey talk, him as a player wetin hin do for world cup nobe say hin wan dribble post   shame one him siasia should stay take it or leave it siasia is still the best coach for our super eagle

You should be classified among the 2million people with mental problem in Lagos. That's if you live in Lagos. What do you mean by Siasia is the best coach for the eagles. Compare him with the other Nigerian coaches and tell me what he's achieved for the eagles. I was one of those that supported his appointment as the coach of the eagles. But he has failed to prove himself to Nigerians. This is the first time in a long time we'll not be qualifying for common nations cup that we've been eying to win. Then you come here to tell me that Siasia is the best thing to happen to Nigeria after Amala. Take your time oo.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by fuke(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2011
Let him shut hi trap.
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by member479760: 11:18am On Oct 15, 2011
When Yakubu become person?
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by jmaine: 11:22am On Oct 15, 2011
This players should all shut up and accept their deficiencies . . . See Yak follow get confidence dey talk  cheesy . . . Siasia don suffer eh sad . . .
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by hbrednic: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2011
both should go
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Ejekinsim(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2011
Siasia should be given more time to finish wat he has started. the man has a good future with the NATIONAL TEAM, YAKUBU or what is he called should keep quiet and mind his own business. he is just trying to pay SIASIA back with his coin all because he was not included in the squared. SIASIA we dey for u, YAKUBU be careful, grin
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by binaflexia: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu Aiyegbeni ? Dull boy!
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by labamo07(m): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2011
imagine that useless idiot sef dey condemn pesin, na handicapped football he suppose dey play. He shuld be d first to be thrown to d wolves, anuofia
Re: Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni by Mcleo007(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2011
Yakubu must go - Siasia cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Will You Watch Today's Match? / Rafael Nadal Beats Dominic Thiem To Win 12th French Open Title / French Montana Touches Amber Rose's Butt As They Frolic At The Beach (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.