Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria (9989 Views)

Waje's Daughter, Emerald Takes Beautiful Selfie With US Singer Jordin Sparks / Tonto Dikeh Gushes About Her New Found Love And Fat Bank Account / Halle Berry Enjoying Her New Found Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by naijarazzi: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
American singer, Brandy has got some real nice things to say about Nigeria. She visited Nigeria for the first time few weeks ago for MTN project fame concert. Brandy speaking out about her love for Nigeria in an interview with Flytime Productions, and it seemed like a life changing experience for the singer.

How are you feeling right now, with you being in Nigeria?

This is my first time to Nigeria, with the love I’ve received. I met D’Banj the other night and I think he’s rare. Everybody seems to love him.

You can sing, you can dance, you can act, you can perform.

(Laughs)

What drives you?

It’s in my body to entertain. It’s in my body to sing. It’s in my spirit to make people feel good. When I’m motivated it just makes me go harder and harder. Throughout the year you kind of loose it a little bit because you’ve done too much. But you always get back to it because it’s in my blood. And of course the people around me inspire me, love inspires me, my daughter inspires me.

Oh, okay. How is she?

She’s doing great. And the fans they believe in you. And they believe in you even when you don’t believe in yourself. So it’s about them as well.

I was completely blown away by the show, by the people, by the fans. It was just a great experience for me. It gave me a lot of confidence. I was like ‘Oh my God’ I didn’t realise a lot of people loved me here. It’s like ‘wow, I can’t believe I haven’t been here all these years. What took me long to get over here. The way everybody responded to me was just beautiful. I can’t wait to come back and put on a beautiful show with my band, all of my songs, you know that’s what all of them deserve.

I feel like Africa has really influenced you a lot.

Yes

Like from Afrodisiac. The spelling, you put ‘Afro’. And your daughter’s name.

Yes. And my braids, all of that.

Yes and your braids, and now that you’ve come. Has the culture like gotten into your system a little bit more? Laughs

Absolutely, I want to. I tell my manager all the time, I want to come over here more. Because I’ve never received the kind of love I’ve received over here. Like I feel I’m at home.

I have a lot of memories of Nigeria. Just the scene you know of coming to the hotel. Everybody just represented strength of how they carried the boxes to the top of skies of their head, and just walking with ease. That represented strength to me, and then on stage. How I was able to connect with the fans, seeing them cry, fall out. It made me feel like, ‘Oh my God, we love you so much’. I will always remember that. I did not expect that, and I was completely blown away. I will never forget that, and that’s why I’m coming back to Nigeria. The fans; it felt like I know everybody.

That’s how it feels?

That’s how it feels. I want to come back more and more, and I’m embarrassed to say that this is my first time to Nigeria. I really want to come back more and tap into the market and get in touch with my fans. So you’ll be seeing a lot more of me over here.

I cherish the Grammys the most because that’s the most prestigious award in music. And the way I received the award was the most outlandish thing I’d ever done in my career. Like I ran to the stage. I wasn’t classy, or pleasant at all. Like it was very ghetto. How I ran to the stage, snatched it and grabbed it from the person and said ‘I know this is ghetto, but this is a grammy’. It was crazy how the experience was. So I would say the grammy and the way I received the grammy, that has to be the biggest and best award in my career.

I just want to be remembered for timeless music. Being an inspiration to people. Because that’s what it’s all about. Music is about moving people.

And I think you’ve achieved so much. For the age you are

Thank you.

It’s such a blessing for me to meet you

Aww, thank you.

I want to say, how would you like feel, like your life, being put in the same place with Fela . He’s put his life on stage like on Broadway

Read full story here

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/10/brandy-talks-about-her-love-for-nigeria.html?m=1
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
Surely she must have found love after pocketing millions of naira
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by mikron(m): 2:15am On Oct 15, 2011
do u expect her to say bad things about 9ja? They all say good things about nigeria when they are here.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 2:25am On Oct 15, 2011
odiaero:

Surely she must have found love after pocketing millions of naira
grin grin
she said as much in the interview when she talked about tapping into the market and her fans there, dont worry she go hear am when alaba boys show here wetin day
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by Suntemi(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2011
^^^ Haaa Nigerians!!!
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by NVQ2: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2011
When all the so -called American artist loose their clout and relevance on the scene Africa a la Nigeria is their next point of call.Here you celebrate them and turn them to superstars when our own stars are treated likes s, t in yankee.na u na knoww o.why did Dbanj/2face receive BET award inside studio b4 d award and not on stage during the award proper? we no even see any camera highlight for African artist during the show.We should stop looking for validation in wrong places esp DBANJ/MO HITS.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by McCoy91(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2011
Abegi, make person rest jor. Next thing you know, she has a show in Gambia and she's sure her roots would be traced back there.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2011
All these foreign artist will alway talk about their new found love for any country they get paid to go to.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by iice(f): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2011
looool @ topic and comments grin
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2011
smh
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by emofine(f): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2011
NVQ2:

When all the so -called American artist loose their clout and relevance on the scene Africa a la Nigeria is their next point of call.

hmmmm . . . .>>>>
‘Oh my God’ I didn’t realise a lot of people loved me here. It’s like ‘wow, I can’t believe I haven’t been here all these years. What took me long to get over here.

abi she don dey find map grin
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2011
McCoy91:

Abegi, make person rest jor. Next thing you know, she has a show in Gambia and she's sure her roots would be traced back there.
Funnie but the truth!
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by slap1(m): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2011
I hope she was warned about a certain 2Face?
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2011
Na so , when Money don involve

The most annoying thing about Black American they are always been forced to visit.ant they come for vacation at least she cant lie that she dot know where West Africa is, her root are here

Many pf them are victim of slave mentality, Ok

No be theor fault
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by ossaisly(m): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2011
slap1:

she done born nah. Anyway i wish it was beyoncè
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by xynerise: 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2011
What do u expect her to say? grin.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by thameamead(f): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2011
NVQ2:

When all the so -called American artist loose their clout and relevance on the scene Africa a la Nigeria is their next point of call.Here you celebrate them and turn them to superstars when our own stars are treated likes s, t in yankee.na u na knoww o.why did Dbanj/2face receive BET award inside studio b4 d award and not on stage during the award proper? we no even see any camera highlight for African artist during the show.We should stop looking for validation in wrong places esp DBANJ/MO HITS.

GBAM!!!!! well said! why are NIgerian Entertainment Companies paying stars like Brandy that have past their sell-by date miilions of naira to perform, we should be doing more to promote African artist in Asia, Europe and the US,
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
mikron:

do u expect her to say bad things about 9ja? They all say good things about nigeria when they are here.

hehehehehe
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by beeman80: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2011
SHarp babe!
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by supaeagles(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
any pictures? how i fit see that fine girl visiting naija? abi no body take pikshore?
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by mobf: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2011
slap1:

LMAO!!!
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by zolzlolz(f): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2011
NVQ2:

When all the so -called American artist loose their clout and relevance on the scene Africa a la Nigeria is their next point of call.
it's true. When these 'stars' come to S.A you must know it's for career rescuscitation. Brandy was in S.A to sing for some sports awards. WTF? Shame, we all need to work.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by rotex2010: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
BEEFING PEOPLE!! Was any of you at the show? I was there and people were going ape shit and singing all the songs she did back at her. She was genuinely shocked that Nigerians had that much appreciation for her music.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by cap28: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2011
i have to agree with one other poster here, african americans never bother with africa when they are making money in america but when everything suddenly dries up for them in america they suddenly fall in love with nigeria, these are the same people who go crazy if you dare refer to them as being african and yet still love african money, why are st.upid nigerian promoters wasting money on people who dont even want to identify with africa? nigerians are forever following and copying african american entertainers instead of carving their own niche like the jamaicans - these people dont even like you and prefer to allign themselves with whites.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by cynthiafred67(f): 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
Metcheew I don't expect less. undecided undecided
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by supaeagles(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2011
commercial success does not equate to musical talent (unless you think lady gaga can sing!!)
Brandy interview in Nigeria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kBZViAWDvI
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by kony1(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2011
cap28:

i have to agree with one other poster here, african americans never bother with africa when they are making money in america but when everything suddenly dries up for them in america they suddenly fall in love with nigeria, these are the same people who go crazy if you dare refer to them as being african and yet still love african money, why are st.upid nigerian promoters wasting money on people who dont even want to identify with africa[b]? nigerians are forever following and copying african american entertainers instead of carving their own niche like the jamaicans - these people dont even like you and prefer to allign themselves with whites.[/b]

Almost everyone copies black american artist. The asians,whites and jamaicanss included. And i've never heard a an american artist talking bad about africa
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by joaoche(f): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2011
Since she don EXPIRE for yankee. How she no go like nigeria!

Nigeria and Expired products.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by Yankee01: 9:53am On Oct 16, 2011
joaoche:

Since she don EXPIRE for yankee. How she no go like nigeria!

Nigeria and Expired products.
grin grin grin
Fairly used Tokunbo, (Toks Artist) grin grin

Anyway she's lovely.
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by tEsLim(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2011
She would have been stupid not to love Nigeria after the money , what do you expect? Pay me and I'll say more
Re: Us Singer, Brandy Talks About Her New Found Love For Nigeria by MMM2(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
maybe she drank brandy dat day angry

(1) (Reply)

Observing: Olamide Finally Initiated Into Illuminati??? — Just See This / Ariana Grande: I Made Deals With The Devil & Knew It Was Gonna Get Me In Trouble / Photos From Kanu Nwankwo's Hardleys Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.