Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats (8723 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by anonimi: 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
Fashola's resident NL propagandist, Eko Ile, has been unable to say how much these flats will cost the targeted "middle precipitate upper income strata"
I suppose that means directors/senior managers and above in LASG ministries and parastatals should be able to comfortably pay for it through Fashola's 6% mortgage based on their taxed SALARIES wink
And where are are the "social housing provision" sites, which presumably means for low income people like Jakande did in the early 80s.
Ironically, ACN's Abesan campaign for next week's LG elections was held with one of the Jakande estates in the background.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by ogunsam75(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
Some pple will just come here 2 talk out of sense, Elegant Court is not for LOW income earner, 3 bdm flat is going for N35m, even with the provision of housing morgage, how many level 15 officer can afford that kind of apartment, if govt really want 2 assist the masses let them come out with an affortable housing schemes that will range between N5m to N7m, at least with the aids of morgages level 8 officers can afford that, i rest my case
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately, these clowns are yet to recognize the routine and their own foolishness.

Lagos build bridge and they cry

Lagos build metro rail and they fall apart

Lagos build power plant and they lose their minds

Lagos build low cost housing and they pull out their hair

Lagos build 10 lane freeway and they threaten to commit suicide

Though I feel sorry for them, but they make me laugh sometimes sha

Gbawe:

Must you always talk in a way that starkly exposes your ignorance and bad belle? Fashola  has currently initiated a mortgage scheme running at 6% over 20 years available for workers !!! It would be nigh impossible to find a better rate in Africa. Go and investigate . Your bitching here , as usual , is in bad faith because not many are doing better than Fashola in the effort to make the "common man" a home owner.
Eko Ile:

The fact is, these sadist are here for a reason, they have to display their only portion in life which is disgruntlement and bad bele, this is their only potion in life.

Fashola addressed ignorant people like him him the article.

And the Governor took it father by highlighting the positive collateral effects of these projects on Lagosians,  

EKO is now a saint because it's fashola News, i know the way you do display your ignorant on anything concerning GEJ angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by HyeBits: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
anonimi,
What majority of you don't have is the ability to reason critically. In economic and social sense, not all could afford the same style of life. The estate I live at present was built by Jakande and I bought the property for 8M. So, tell me what is the population of Lagos residence that can afford the same property at present. Mind you, taking the current population of Lagos as seed in your argument.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by TBrownAuto(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
Now I know how self centered some people are, just for the fact that you are in the upper class you believe the masses must not enjoy some facilities

Well mind you no condition is permanent you are either up today or down tomorrow that why many houses in the VGC are up for sale, I still do not want to believe that our government are so blind and naive to provide a proper housing scheme well corruption and mis manangement might be there excuse.

Its  simple the governemt town plan an area get the cost to finish a flat, the government do the foundation of the building then sale it to an intrested buyer the buyer pay the governemt the amount to build a flat this cost will include the amount to finish the exterior of the flat then the government do the decking then sell it off to another buyer, very simple and easy they should stop fooling us

this way a low class can afford a flat and be okay with his family rather them the illegal structure everywhere they call building well the problem is we have no government God only know who are the land owner in this country if the government or the omo nile

This country makes  me sick I bet 80% of Nigeria housing allowance can't afford that apartment then why must the government invest on it the government is in the masses intrest and not the elite.

After this subsidy madness the elite will smile and say in their heart they will die soon
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
I'll never see the sense in government initiated/funded/developed luxury housing projects - simply because there is no sense in it. The duty of government is to ensure the security and wellbeing of the generality of citizens; that is essentially the guiding principle and fundamental objective of state policy. The negligible minority of noveau-riche people that can afford these outrageously priced 'barracks' in Lekki can obviously take care of themselves. They don't need government to build 'luxury' or 'elegant' housing estates for them. There are countless private developers, banks, etc. that have the (illicit) funds to embark on such ego-trip, vanity projects.

I believe Fashola should concentrate more on housing projects similar to the Ojokoro one commissioned recently. 1-4 bedroom housing estates costing between N1-5m should be fairly ok for lower middle class working-class folks in the city - with mortgage arrangements. That is where government should concentrate its finances and efforts. White collar thieves that can fork out N30-N100m for so-called 'luxury' apartments in Lekki, Ikoyi, etc can take care of themselves without government's assistance. Government should face its real priorities, i.e. ensuring the well-being of the vast majority of struggling citizens. Otherwise the sort of democracy we're practising here would be nothing more than 'government of the elite, by the elite, and for the elite'. . .certainly not what Abe Lincoln had in mind.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
ogunsam75:

Some pple will just come here 2 talk out of sense, Elegant Court is not for LOW income earner, 3 bdm flat is going for N35m, even with the provision of housing morgage, how many level 15 officer can afford that kind of apartment, if govt really want 2 assist the masses let them come out with an affortable housing schemes that will range between N5m to N7m, at least with the aids of morgages level 8 officers can afford that, i rest my case
no mind fashola paid fake journalist Eko ILE, see the Flats, no one needs to tell you it's for their follow high ranked officers . i don't even know why this is a news
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by teskyg: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ Eko Ile :Please allow other people to expressed their View.Abi you be ACN spokesperson?Fashola is doing well but the Local Government Chairman are hiding under Fashola's Glory.Good Work Fashola, The next president of Naija.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Darayola(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
What is this compared to Jakande's regime when he worked earnestly for the well-being of the masses in less than four years.
What has this so called fashola's administration really done? Talk of shelter, are they built for the masses?;Food, is it in abundance?. Roads? go to the grassroot community and see how people suffer, Instead they redirect and fall everytin back to TAX, is it the token (minimum wage) masses earn for survival they will pay that from, This is a well labelled rubbish, Blatant nonsense.!!!
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by anonimi: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

And the Governor took it father by highlighting the positive collateral effects of these projects on Lagosians,

Governor Fashola explained that part of the benefit of the project could also be deduced from operations of the State Government partners on the project, Messrs Cortex Limited who have successfully kept its 25 employees at work and paying their salaries.

He reiterated that for the 30 months that the construction lasted on the project, about 1500 men and women were engaged on the site and several vendors who sold food, water and many other things as well as the sub contractors who supplied building materials all earned a living to put food on the family table and take care of their dependants.

so the construction could have been done without employing people and feeding them  shocked
and Eko Ile thinks it is worth pulling off our pants and celebrating the mediocrity that passes for brillance in our land of the blind where the one eyed is king.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Spyker: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
I didn't see Fashola anywhere inside the house, rather some camera men, are you sure it is not a hotel being commission? Hope this is not one of the propagandist in Nairaland.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by HyeBits: 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
So what we are advocating is that Lagos State should spend what she does not have. The foundation of socio-economic strata of this country is ruptured. We have all sacrificed in one way or the other. If Lagos State continues to make provision as we expected it should for the lower to very low income earners. Then, two things will happen: 1) Lagos State will go bankrupt, or 2) Very low standard housing will be provided for the low/very low income earners.

With this informed, Lagos needs to build house for the rich and super rich and get the proceeds to advance worthy housing for the low/very low income class of people. This is the simple economics and reasoning I know. This is the common sense that build those envious economy we see across the globe today.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by anonimi: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hye-Bits:

anonimi,
What majority of you don't have is the ability to reason critically. In economic and social sense, not all could afford the same style of life. The estate I live at present was built by Jakande and I bought the property for 8M. So, tell me what is the population of Lagos residence that can afford the same property at present. Mind you, taking the current population of Lagos as seed in your argument.

Listen to me very carefully-
Fashola budgets N450b ($3b) for 15-18m people including N240b from their own taxes in the form of IGR.
Jakande had about 5-6m people to cater for in his four years of government
BUT had a very small fraction of Fashola's revenue to work with and yet the masses felt his impact in housing, education, health, transportation (remember Metro tha Buhari cancelled?).
Let us not even compare with Awo's years in the 50s and 60s, which were the glorious years of the Western region and the yorubas. That will be going too far.
Eko Ile and his ACN goons want to hoodwink us to benchmark their performance against PDP looters and military dictators, thinking we are all fools.
Waht some of us are saying is very simple - we deserve better, much better after over six decades of Awo's free education from which most of these part-time and full time looters benefitted.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by AfroBlue(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2011
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by HyeBits: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
anonimi,

Thank you folks. We all agitate for Nigeria as we see it in our dream world. The truth needs to be told here. Initially what was the economic outlook when Jakande was at the helm, what was the exchange rate, how was the civil service, unemployment rate, rural-urban drift, the political institution and last but not the list, Lagos State population?

Let's compare all these factors to what obtain at the present. We see a staggering difference, even in our social system. This is the reality of the present, a reality at hand. Fashola government is never in-light of Jakande's owing to all these. We need do the scrutiny as Nigeria has tarry a long poor arduous journey of SORRY state.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by TBrownAuto(m): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hye-Bits:

So what we are advocating is that Lagos State should spend what she does not have. The foundation of socio-economic strata of this country is ruptured. We have all sacrificed in one way or the other. If Lagos State continues to make provision as we expected it should for the lower to very low income earners. Then, two things will happen: 1) Lagos State will go bankrupt, or 2) Very low standard housing will be provided for the low/very low income earners.

With this informed, Lagos needs to build house for the rich and super rich and get the proceeds to advance worthy housing for the low/very low income class of people. This is the simple economics and reasoning I know. This is the common sense that build those envious economy we see across the globe today.  

Go back to school i means prep
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Tunmi(f): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
How much will it cost for a person to rent or own an apartment?
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
That 's about 3.5m per annul for 10yrs, not too shabby but how many people can afford that? not the poor guy's fault, things are expensive everywhere. angry
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by ideylaff: 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
•Ground floor parking area
•Additional parking space within the
l
•Central water treatment
•Water hydrant
complex P i t F
•Shopping Mall
•Central Cooking Gas storage &
Distribution
•Central Sewage System
•Adequate Security
•Perimeter Fence
•Swimming Pool
•Basketball & lawn Tennis
Court
•Events Place
•Launderette (per block)
•Well equipped library
•Gymnasium
•Central Alternative Power supply
•One Inverter per flat
•CCTV
•Bullet-proof main doors
•Well lit lawn

Kai we don finish ooooo now they use "Bullet-proof main doors" to attract buyers to a property,
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by HyeBits: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
TBrownAuto

Brother, I will like to register in that your school where I will be thought, "i means". What a an acclaimed graduate!
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
of course i knew this houses arent going to be affordable for people that earn about N1m per annum just the same way Tinubu's houses werent for the low income earners.

smdh at this government
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by debosky(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
Interesting concept - the proof of the success of this scheme will be in the utilisation of the profits from the luxury flats in providing low cost accommodation for the lower class of society.

Anyone have ideas of the profits anticipated from this scheme?
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by 9icest: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
quite affordable
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by bigtt76(f): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin there's a maid's room (ensuite) for those men who like FCking their maids hehehehehehehe e ko o ni baje o!  grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
pro01:

I'll never see the sense in government initiated/funded/developed luxury housing projects - simply because there is no sense in it. The duty of government is to ensure the security and wellbeing of the generality of citizens; that is essentially the guiding principle and fundamental objective of state policy. The negligible minority of noveau-riche people that can afford these outrageously priced 'barracks' in Lekki can obviously take care of themselves. They don't need government to build 'luxury' or 'elegant' housing estates for them. There are countless private developers, banks, etc. that have the (illicit) funds to embark on such ego-trip, vanity projects.

Agreed - but if you read further you'll see that Skye Bank was the sole financier of the project. LASG funds were not used to fund this project, rather LASG owned land was provided for building the flats.

I think the government is trying to engage in some form of income redistribution by capturing some of the 'profit' from those that can afford the 'luxury' flats and using it to build low cost housing for other sections of society.

Provided there are reasonable profits going to the LASG from this and those profits are applied as implied by BRF's statement, then I think it's a worthy cause - the key is making sure the profit just doesn't disappear into private pockets both within and outside the government.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by seedord247(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2011
35 millionaiare . . . . . Yepaaa

that's almost the same amount my friend cousin used to build is Mansion in Iyana Ipaja.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by BigB11(m): 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
I have seen some of these flats and also the blue prints of the project. At first it didn't make sense, but when you take a good look at the project and the idea, one will realize the main idea behind the 'elegant' housing estates.
I think what Fashola admin is trying to do is to gradually bring back the missing middle class in Lagos state. I think N22m-N35m for a 3 bed rms luxury flat in this area isn't bad at all (if mortgage is also provided at a reasonable rate by govt and banks)
We may not realize the positive outcome of this project at this time, but with time I think the idea will be a fruitful one.

What we should be discussing is the strategy they've put in place in which they will use to fairly distribute the flats and the most effective maintenance plan to maintain the habitable standards for many years to come.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by AmAlone: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
9icest:

i heard one flat is going for 22mil.thats quite affordable

Bros NOBODY is selling it for even 34.9999999999999999999million grin grin grin grin. I repeat NOBODY!!!!

PURCHASE PRICE : N35,000,000.00 (Thirty-Five Million Naira only).
Application form: N10,000 per allocation
There are three easy ways to buy:
1. Outright Payment Plan
2. Installmental payment between now and March 2011
3. Mortgage plan - Mortgages are available for up to 70% of the value
of houses purchased and from tenors of up to 10yrs. The mortgage
can be arranged with Skye Mortgages or other pre-arranged
mortgages by the developers. Buyers may

Price is atleast 35,010,000.00(at worst o)!!!

Na wa!!
@ Eko Ile man you just dey talk trash!!!
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by BigB11(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
FYI: the same concept will also be implemented in Ibadan and Abeokuta.
I see this project as a unique way to indirectly improve our severely crumbled infrastructure facilities in Nigeria. New housing or estate will promote better roads, well organized market place, job opportunities, reliable amenities or social courtesies, security and decent standard of living.

This concept should be supported by Nigerians; if it is well structured and good leadership in place, nothing is better.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by EkoIle1: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hye-Bits:

anonimi,

Thank you folks. We all agitate for Nigeria as we see it in our dream world. The truth needs to be told here. Initially what was the economic outlook when Jakande was at the helm, what was the exchange rate, how was the civil service, unemployment rate, rural-urban drift, the political institution and last but not the list, Lagos State population?

Let's compare all these factors to what obtain at the present. We see a staggering difference, even in our social system. This is the reality of the present, a reality at hand. Fashola government is never in-light of Jakande's owing to all these. We need do the scrutiny as Nigeria has tarry a long poor arduous journey of SORRY state.

Very well asserted. You need to realize that many of these sadists and anti development are not into making sense or gives a rats ass about Lagosians.

This is their only preoccupation on NL.

Lagos build bridge and they cry

Lagos build metro rail and they fall apart

Lagos build power plant and they lose their minds

Lagos build low cost housing and they pull out their hair

Lagos build high cost housing

Lagos build 10 lane freeway and they threaten to commit suicide

You know the same clowns in a country where many are still in darkness lost their mind when Lagos state commissioned power plants in Lagos?

You really can't take these clowns seriously, they cant even help themselves to sound sane.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by BigB11(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2011
Here we go with this kid again.
I wonder how much exactly it cost extra to have a decent discussion without picking a fight or looking to win?

May God bless Nigerians and other people around the world.
Re: Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats by EkoIle1: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros NOBODY is selling it for  even 34.9999999999999999999million  grin grin grin grin. I repeat NOBODY!!!!

Price is atleast 35,010,000.00(at worst o)!!!

Na wa!!
@ Eko Ile man you just dey talk trash!!!

No need to commit suicide, they didn't build the place for poor people, instead of acting like a senseless clown displaying bad bele on NL, why not stay positive and maybe one day you'll have t  he kind of money needed to buy your own and if I might add, they have low income for poor people to, take your bad bele over there and find out if your broke ass have enough money for low income too and if not, your village is still a viable option.

It's not by force to kill yourself over Lagos state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Arrests Year-old Baby In Benue State / Please How Can I Stop Receiving MTN Learn English Unsolicited Message.... Help / 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.