Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

South Arfrica Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Arfrica Help (3540 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 2:00am On Oct 15, 2011
pls veverybody i nees help im planing to go SA to hussle and i never get place to stay.
pls nairalander i need someone who will accommodate me for a while.it is urgent.my mail is lewisbabs2010@yahoo.com)thanks and God bless.

Re: South Arfrica Help by Vicjustice: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
Omo oso:

pls veverybody i nees help im planing to go SA to hussle and i never get place to stay.
pls nairalander i need someone who will accommodate me for a while.it is urgent.my mail is lewisbabs2010@yahoo.com)thanks and God bless.
   You have not started with a wise move, know that you're placing yourself as vulnerable as an easy target for any syndicate, unscrupulous elements, drug dealers, and even the police,  and as harsh as i may seem, i'll be honest to tell you that you stand 90% chance of failure with this strategy, you might even end up in Jail. Things are easier when done orderly.
Re: South Arfrica Help by Pelumiv(m): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2011
why dont u book an hotel n later search for a place when u get there.
Re: South Arfrica Help by kennybuda: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2011
@poster becarefull with your passport in south africa, who ur looking for might turn back to steal your passport since you dont know anybody there it happens to my friends guys are stranded in south africa
Re: South Arfrica Help by rashypep(m): 6:36am On Oct 16, 2011
did i hear u ? to husstle u wanna go sell Amala abi (sonks), lol, cos, dere is nothing in SA, if u aint going there to read, so u better use ur money wisely in nigeria,
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2011
thank you guys for enlighten me on the move,but i believe hussleling there will far better than naija here.i am going there to work as a professional barber.
and i believe doing security job there will better that doing nothing here.
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2011
Omo oso:

thank you guys for enlighten me on the move,but i believe hussleling there will far better than naija here.i am going there to work as a professional barber.
and i believe doing security job there will better that doing nothing here.

Are you going there with work permit?
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2011
no work permit yet
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2011
justwise please i am still waiting for your reply.
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2011
Omo oso:

no work permit yet

You need SA work permit b4 even thinking about going there to do any form of work.
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2011
justwise thank you.i have been following you since July while you are making comment warning people against Crystal,i am one of the victim and ever since then i never get myself,nothing with me again.please how can i go about the working permit?
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
Omo oso:

justwise thank you.i have been following you since July while you are making comment warning people against Crystal,i am one of the victim and ever since then i never get myself,nothing with me again.please how can i go about the working permit?

Getting SA work permit will be tough without job offer from SA company, if you have the skills to get a job in SA then that is where to start before talking about work permit.

Visit SA embassy website for legitimate info, stay away from agencies.
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2011
justwise thank you,a word is enough for the wise.please kindly put me tru on Seychelles,that country has been my dream ever since.please which Africa country is better to go for hustler?
Re: South Arfrica Help by Dare14: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2011
Omo oso:

justwise thank you,a word is enough for the wise.please kindly put me tru on Seychelles,that country has been my dream ever since.please which Africa country is better to go for hustler?

stay in nigeria and plan properly before making any move so you dont make mistake and waste your time
Re: South Arfrica Help by ojdollars(m): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Omo oso, If you don get S.A Visa, na to find cheap Ticket buy. This is the way to go about it. Book your ticket to Johannesburg, you will get a cheap hotel there, within the range of 5 - 7 thousand naira for the J'bourg city. Then buy their news paper that comes out every Thursday, you would see first hand legit news paper that comes with different apartment advertisement for rent, for sell. You must ask around, and always behave well. RSA is a good place once you are calmed and determined. Then once you arrive, you enter hotel there and you pay for like 4days, then you go fit enter the ground know what's up for you there. Many Nigerians are buying up many houses and businesses in Johannesburg and Capetown and even Pretoria now. Nor let wetin happen to you at Crystal Service weigh you down, what if he true before, u come get plane crash? God knows best for you.

About Work Permit: All work permit can be done at the office of Home Affairs in Pretoria when you reach there. You just need to say one or two things, or use an agent to do am, but originally, I know that the price is between R500 rands. Which is about 10,000 naira 9ja money. But some long throat agent go charge you up to R7,000 rands, about 140K 9ja, so once you fit enter South Africa, go Pretoria yourself, which is about 40mins drive from Jbourg, there are public Taxis that would take you there for about 50rands or so. Or you take a cab straight, for about 300 - 350rands. Walk into the office, dem go do am for you. Nigerians in RSA get better chance for Home Affairs in RSA in getting a work permit here.

Job's are here once you are serious to work, after you have your permit. You can open up a Babrbing salon, and they barb one hair, 800naira, you fit dey barb up to 10hairs or less a day, you can just be creative and make money here. 9ja rule this place here, the crimes committed mainly in RSA is not committed by Nigerians mainly, but Zimbabwe and other countries close to RSA men. Crime rate in Jo'bourg has gone down very much. I have given you first hand confirmed information, and others who wish to enter RSA can use it too. Destiny na by choice, nor be by Church. He good make person be a Lion for one day, than a sheep, all his live. OK see ya later
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 6:17am On Oct 17, 2011
[b]
ojdollars:

@Omo oso, If you don get S.A Visa, na to find cheap Ticket buy. This is the way to go about it. Book your ticket to Johannesburg, you will get a cheap hotel there, within the range of 5 - 7 thousand naira for the J'bourg city. Then buy their news paper that comes out every Thursday, you would see first hand legit news paper that comes with different apartment advertisement for rent, for sell. You must ask around, and always behave well. RSA is a good place once you are calmed and determined. Then once you arrive, you enter hotel there and you pay for like 4days, then you go fit enter the ground know what's up for you there. Many Nigerians are buying up many houses and businesses in Johannesburg and Capetown and even Pretoria now. Nor let wetin happen to you at Crystal Service weigh you down, what if he true before, u come get plane crash? God knows best for you.

About Work Permit: All work permit can be done at the office of Home Affairs in Pretoria when you reach there. You just need to say one or two things, or use an agent to do am, but originally, I know that the price is between R500 rands. Which is about 10,000 naira 9ja money. But some long throat agent go charge you up to R7,000 rands, about 140K 9ja, so once you fit enter South Africa, go Pretoria yourself, which is about 40mins drive from Jbourg, there are public Taxis that would take you there for about 50rands or so. Or you take a cab straight, for about 300 - 350rands. Walk into the office, dem go do am for you. Nigerians in RSA get better chance for Home Affairs in RSA in getting a work permit here.

Job's are here once you are serious to work, after you have your permit. You can open up a Babrbing salon, and they barb one hair, 800naira, you fit dey barb up to 10hairs or less a day, you can just be creative and make money here. 9ja rule this place here, the crimes committed mainly in RSA is not committed by Nigerians mainly, but Zimbabwe and other countries close to RSA men. Crime rate in Jo'bourg has gone down very much. I have given you first hand confirmed information, and others who wish to enter RSA can use it too. Destiny na by choice, nor be by Church. He good make person be a Lion for one day, than a sheep, all his live. OK see ya later
[/b]

Have you sent any of ur relatives to go and try this rubbish you just typed here? enter tax/bus go to Home Affairs dey go just do work permit for him? When will you stop misleading pple here with ur false info? I feel sorry for anybody who is silly enough to listen to u.
Re: South Arfrica Help by collinsfbi(m): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2011

Hmmmm, nice write-up and thanks for the encouragement but you did not tell the poster many things involve in work permit issue because it's easier said than done. I don't think the poster can get a work permit easily like that with the plan to be a barber in SA. You did not tell him many things involved in work permit procurement.

@poster,
1. I will not deceive you, if you want to get a work permit in SA, you must have a job offer from a reliable SA company or organization
2. You must pay repatriation fee as a foreigner (110k in naija or 7000rand in SA)
3. You must get health Insurance from the approve SA Health Care accepted by the Home Affairs (I think you can get 3000rand HI for six for your application
4. Your certificates must be evaluated by the SAQA before you can get any job
5. You must be financially buoyant.

On the other hands, agents may promise to get it for you but i will be sincere with you, they will end up getting you fake permit and put you into trouble after collecting your money. Naijas still rule SA to some extent in terms of criminal activities such as drug, yahoo, forgery etc

Now that you don't have anybody in SA, i will give you my sincere advice which is for you to terminate your dream of going to SA to hustle. Don't let the pain of Crystal Scam land you in abase of regret and more pains. Think twice and make hay while the sun is still shinning.

Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: South Arfrica Help by kollinsfbi: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2011

Hmmmm, nice write-up and thanks for the encouragement but you did not tell the poster many things involve in work permit issue because it's easier said than done. I don't think the poster can get a work permit easily like that with the plan to be a barber in SA without academic skills. You did not tell him many things involved in work permit procurement.

@poster,
I will not deceive you, if you want to get a work permit in SA, you must have a job offer from a reliable SA company or organization
You must pay repatriation fee as a foreigner (110k in naija or 7000rand in SA *140k plus)
You must get health Insurance from the approve SA Health Care accepted by the Home Affairs (I think you can get 3000rand (60k plus) HI for six months for your application
Your certificates must be evaluated by the SAQA before you can get any job
You must be financially buoyant.

On the other hands, agents may promise to get it for you but i will be sincere with you, they will end up getting you fake permit and put you into trouble after collecting your money. Naijas still rule SA to some extent in terms of criminal activities such as drug, yahoo, forgery etc

Now that you don't have anybody in SA, i will give you my sincere advice which is for you to terminate your dream of going to SA to hustle. Don't let the pain of Crystal Scam land you in abase of regret and more pains. Think twice and make hay while the sun is still shinning.

Gbammmm over and out
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2011
@collinsfbi

Have sent ur IDs to be un-banned
Re: South Arfrica Help by alfablondy: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ op a word is enough for the wise the good people in this forum have already given u true info and advice. Dont follow the path suggested by oj dollars you will be arrested at the home affairs.

As per Seychelles. There is no opportunity for hustlers there, no menial jobs unless you are a professional in the Medical, teaching, engineering fields and tourism.
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 12:43am On Oct 18, 2011
a very big thank you to all of you in the house,i have got the real fact about SA it is now left for me to deside,
but to be frank SA is a no go area for a gentle boy like me and i have rule it out.
please nairalander do not say my problem is too much about asking of things to do all the time but i think
doing that is the right choice because i can only get what i want from you people.

A cousin called me yesterday and told me about dubai visa,he said he would get me dubai 2month visa
and when i get there his friend(agent) help me get job,then i will get work permit that will enable me to work,
but the visa,ticketing and accommodation will cost me about 480k,please is it that easy in dubai?
Re: South Arfrica Help by kollinsfbi: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2011
@collinsfbi

Have sent your IDs to be un-banned

Thanks man, am very grateful
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2011
a very big thank you to all of you in the house,i have got the real fact about SA it is now left for me to deside,
but to be frank SA is a no go area for a gentle boy like me and i have rule it out.
please nairalander do not say my problem is too much about asking of things to do all the time but i think
doing that is the right choice because i can only get what i want from you people.

A cousin called me yesterday and told me about dubai visa,he said he would get me dubai 2month visa
and when i get there his friend(agent) help me get job,then i will get work permit that will enable me to work,
but the visa,ticketing and accommodation will cost me about 480k,please is it that easy in dubai?

please nairalander i need your help on this post.
Re: South Arfrica Help by kennybuda: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2011
@omo oso greetings, well bro keep your head together becarefull with your steps, all this placess your planing to jump inn are not that paradise oooo. dont let people promise you things they will not achive for theirselfs. landlord travel and see avarage nigerians living abroad will never alert you of what exactly they are going through untill you arrive mand dont be scamend for the second time.
Re: South Arfrica Help by igbogolo: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2011
Omo Oso,

you are pointing at the wrong places to hussle. SA, Dubai, China are all wolves den for Nigerians who want to hussle. I will advise you to try europe. Get admission to study something and then apply for work permit after your studies or marry oyibo is that appeals to you. that way you have the skills, the permit to hussle, if you must.

480k is about 2.2kCHF so it should be enough to pay fees for a semester say in Germany or Norway etc. Barbers also earn a lot of money too, so go to study and then set up your barbing business afterwards.

I really dont know what else to say but the most important thing I would want you to know is to avoid SA and Dubai. These two places are very difficult to get working permits as an unskilled nigerian. I got my first SA visa in 2006 and refused to travel afterwards when I could not convince myself to try after hearing stories of crime and all what not. I have not regretted that decision.

All the best in your quest.
Re: South Arfrica Help by ojdollars(m): 12:37am On Oct 19, 2011
justwise:

[b][/b]

Have you sent any of your relatives to go and try this rubbish you just typed here? enter tax/bus go to Home Affairs dey go just do work permit for him? When will you stop misleading pple here with your false info? I feel sorry for anybody who is silly enough to listen to u.

@justwise , You must be a wizard. I am very sure of it. I feel sorry for people that listen to your negative advice on nairaland. You act like you know all, with all your internet finding advice. I am giving the guy an information I got first hand on ground here, you busy insulting your mother and your father who failed to raise you up with good manners. The question is, have you told Nairalander's what you do for a living? You are always online talking rubbish. You spent 12,000 plus post insulting other users, now people are fleeing this travel section and always seeing it as a Joke, all because of you. I have travel round the globe, I am not rich, I am blessed. What will be my gain if I mislead the boy. It's simple, i advised him to go down the office straight off once he gets there as he sounded like he don't have money. My Brother is now working as a Fork Lift Operator with a Salary mouth full salary here in SA. I have visited S.A again for the third time now, and have been here since 9days now, just on tour. You talk trash all the time, your goal you have achieved, which is being a Moderator on Just Travel section, is it not enough for you to keep your mouth shut and your fingers paralyzed. I won't bother replying you jor, they should just change this travel section to Joke section. Rubbish, you wan do hot body as if you are more active to Dis Guy, who is more matured in handling stuff on here. Poor suffer head Nigerian in UK. Go find your play mate jor
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 1:25am On Oct 19, 2011
[b]
ojdollars:

@justwise , You must be a wizard. I am very sure of it. I feel sorry for people that listen to your negative advice on nairaland. You act like you know all, with all your internet finding advice. I am giving the guy an information I got first hand on ground here, you busy insulting your mother and your father who failed to raise you up with good manners. The question is, have you told Nairalander's what you do for a living? You are always online talking rubbish. You spent 12,000 plus post insulting other users, now people are fleeing this travel section and always seeing it as a Joke, all because of you. I have travel round the globe, I am not rich, I am blessed. What will be my gain if I mislead the boy. It's simple, i advised him to go down the office straight off once he gets there as he sounded like he don't have money. My Brother is now working as a Fork Lift Operator with a Salary mouth full salary here in SA. I have visited S.A again for the third time now, and have been here since 9days now, just on tour. You talk trash all the time, your goal you have achieved, which is being a Moderator on Just Travel section, is it not enough for you to keep your mouth shut and your fingers paralyzed. I won't bother replying you jor, they should just change this travel section to Joke section. Rubbish, you wan do hot body as if you are more active to Dis Guy, who is more matured in handling stuff on here. Poor suffer head Nigerian in UK. Go find your play mate jor
[/b]
grin grin grin grin poor old frustrated criminal, only dubious characters like you are running away from the travel section cos the game is over. Keep off crime in SA else they will treat you the way they did to other shameless Nigerian criminals.
Re: South Arfrica Help by whitebrown(f): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2011
dear poster
i read your request for information and am completely appauled at the posting of the guy who spoke of a work permit for R500 etc. I am a chartered accountant and has being here for 13years now, i will be very very frank with you, obtaining a work permit here is far from easy, i know because i had a brothers friend who came here last year and was accomodated for about 4 months by me, he lost money trying to secure a work permit, i had another friend who is a medical doctor, obtained a work permit using people who claim thats what they do, he travelled home to Nigeria and was refused entry back and countless other cases. I see lots of nigerians here males and females carrying placards for barbing and females plating here and mostly i ask, is it worth it coming here ? The crime is really nothing to worry about as most people paint it, i truly believe it is over exaggerated, of course you will not put yourself at risk intentionally,the requirements for work permits are very tedious and even for a company hiring a professional, they must proof that the post was advertised in a newspaper, they tried all means to hire someone locally but could not find anyone with the skill required and lots of other things. To come here and hassle ?
Even those with work permits (professionals) thats all you have, your work and work permit. To open a proper bank account is an issue as they will only let you open the ones that offers little or no benefits. Its a credit economy but you will not have access to any of these credit benefits,not because they are discriminatory, but because the system only recognizes their SA bar coded id which only citizens and permanent resident holders are given.think 2wice
Re: South Arfrica Help by justwise(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2011
whitebrown:

dear poster
i read your request for information and am completely appauled at the posting of the guy who spoke of a work permit for R500  etc. I am a chartered accountant and has being here for 13years now, i will be very very frank with you, obtaining a work permit here is far from easy, i know because i had a brothers friend who came here last year and was accomodated for about 4 months by me, he lost money trying to secure a work permit, i had another friend who is a medical doctor, obtained a work permit using people who claim thats what they do, he travelled home to Nigeria and was refused entry back and countless other cases. I see lots of nigerians here males and females carrying placards for barbing and females plating here and mostly i ask, is it worth it coming here ? The crime is really nothing to worry about as most people paint it, i truly believe it is over exaggerated, of course you will not put yourself at risk intentionally,the requirements for work permits are very tedious and even for a company hiring a professional, they must proof that the post was advertised in a newspaper, they tried all means to hire someone locally but could not find anyone with the skill required and lots of other things. To come here and hassle ?
Even those with work permits (professionals) thats all you have, your work and work permit. To open a proper bank account is an issue as they will only let you open the ones that offers little or no benefits. Its a credit economy but you will not have access to any of these credit benefits,not because they are discriminatory, but because the system only recognizes their SA bar coded id which only citizens and permanent resident holders are given.think 2wice
Thank you!, people like ojdollars gives decent Nigerians bad names in SA.
Re: South Arfrica Help by Omooso(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
nawao so no where to hustle in Africa again,i have got 3 months SA tourist visa but i cant go due to what nairalanders contribution towards my topic.
what can i do now.
Re: South Arfrica Help by alfablondy: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2011
Of course you can still go there as a tourist and enjoy yourself. if you do i will advice you dont overstay or try to reside there illegaly.
Re: South Arfrica Help by jidewin(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2011
@omo oso, Ol boy so you have the visa already and you came here to initiate another round of fights?na wah for you o.I wish you luck on your trip sha.

Kuwait Visa General Enquiries / The Risk Of Submitting Only Original Documents For A U.k Visa / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar With Appointment Letter In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96