Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? (5305 Views)

PHOTOS: Who Remembers This Family? / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Relax101(m): 2:30am On Oct 15, 2011
I do not know if that was the correct title but the main character was called uncle Joe.
Chai, I knw remember how that program just con disappear like that.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by mbatuku1: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2011
Yeah. I remember. lol. The dude was fun of eating foodstuffs from sellers without wanting to pay.

The show just vanished on TV. I just cant remember the station that aired it then.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by duduspace(m): 12:02am On Oct 17, 2011
Did you spend any significant part of your childhood in Ondo State? I think this was a program on the old OSTV/OSRC. Watched it up to my early teens methinks.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by mbatuku1: 12:19am On Oct 17, 2011
duduspace:

Did you spend any significant part of your childhood in Ondo State? I think this was a program on the old OSTV/OSRC. Watched it up to my early teens methinks.

I think it was shown in a number of states then. You know this NTA network thing.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Relax101(m): 4:29am On Oct 17, 2011
The comedy program was shown all over. I dnt knw the name of the actors especially Uncle Joe.
I wish I could find their videos.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by alorax2(f): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2011
it was showing on LTV 8 then and it was on satruday afternoon
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by omotonice: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2011
sti remember an episode where he went to the market to buy garri.d woman soaked some in water for him to taste which he devoured wit a fried fish and at the end he didnt buy giving an excuse dat d garri had a bad taste.He was consequently given d beating of his life.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by blackmale(m): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2011
uncle joe was a good comedy, back in the days,,,,,,
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by slimyem: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2011
duduspace:

watched iton Ostv as a kid.guy had a funny way of tucking in his shirt and matching the combo with a face cap.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by igbsam(m): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2011
Please can someone remind me of that old UK TV series where they had to press their nose before dissappearing ? They use to show it on NTA in those days. Was just discussing it with a colleague and we just can remember the title of dat series.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by deekseen(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2011
^^^^ Rent-A-Ghost
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by tunene: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2011
I remember one Uncle Joe comedy movie that I watched back then. It had the following content.

Uncle Joe couldn't marry, he always had issues with girl friends.

One particular girl friend comes to mind. She went to the market bought meat worth , naira about 10pieces of meat and consumed everything while cooking the soup. When we was asked why, she replied,
"I used one to say it's ok, I used one to say it's alright, I used one to say it's ok,, na so the meat come finish, "

i also remember this song from the movie,

"Uncle Joe Joe Joe, na woman palavar, "
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by JAZES(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2011
lol memory memory, all rushing back to me now.
How can i ever forget uncle joe?

omotonice:

sti remember an episode where he went to the market to buy garri.d woman soaked some in water for him to taste which he devoured wit a fried fish and at the end he didnt buy giving an excuse dat d garri had a bad taste.He was consequently given d beating of his life.

I can never forget this episode grin grin grin
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by FLOW101: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2011
Posted by: igbsam
Insert Quote
Please can someone remind me of that old UK TV series where they had to press their nose before dissappearing ? They use to show it on NTA in those days. Was just discussing it with a colleague and we just can remember the title of dat series.

@igbsam, the programme was called Rent A Ghost.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by unite4real: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
What about " SURA THE TAILOR"
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by bisman(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
They used to show it on LTV 8 then but the man(Uncle Joe) is late now for the past 10-13yrs ago.He married some of his theater group ladies and like 3 of them were friends and all of them gave bore kids for him and i saw one of his kid about a week ago and one of the concubines.He stay somewhere around Ifako in Ogba then,
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by jbak: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, I remember Uncle Joe and his point shoe and cowboy hat.
It was showing on LTV back then.
Infact I remember seeing the guy around my area back then in Ifako Ijaiye(most of the shooting was done there) with his 504.
Can't help but wonder where the guy is now, the programme would have gone under due to lack of sponsorship or smth.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by bisman(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
The man is dead now and i knew one of his daughter and she's about 16-17yrs old now.The guy died about 12-14yrs ago
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by nearest(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Uncle joe told Peperempe, I am sorry i cannot say sorry, i only say sorry once in a year, and i've used that sorry for my wife wen i use my right leg, kick her left leg, so i'm sorry i cannot say sorry! , Loved the home video, still have d vhs tape somewhere in the house,
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by lailaiwala: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
what years did it run?
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by itiswell1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Uncle Joe, i remember that comedy.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Papa Ajasco was much funnier, !!!>, My guy took a pic with Boy Alinko in lag wen they bumped into eachother, I heard the Nigga is now broke, !!!
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Bright2(m): 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
yesss! Uncle Joe alymongeyi.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Relax101(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
tunene:

I remember one Uncle Joe comedy movie that I watched back then. It had the following content.

Uncle Joe couldn't marry, he always had issues with girl friends.

One particular girl friend comes to mind. She went to the market bought meat worth , naira about 10pieces of meat and consumed everything while cooking the soup. When we was asked why, she replied,
"I used one to say it's ok, I used one to say it's alright, I used one to say it's ok,, na so the meat come finish, "

i also remember this song from the movie,

"Uncle Joe Joe Joe, na woman palavar, "

You are so right. I remember this episode so well.

nearest:

Uncle joe told Peperempe, I am sorry i cannot say sorry, i only say sorry once in a year, and i've used that sorry for my wife wen i use my right leg, kick her left leg, so i'm sorry i cannot say sorry! , Loved the home video, still have d vhs tape somewhere in the house,

Please upload the movie on youtube. I take Jehovah beg you o.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by mellow(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
There was this episode where he met a Lady and told the Lady that he had a V-Boot car. So the Lady was bragging to all her friends that she had coaught a big meat. As she and her friends were walking down the street one day they saw uncle joe pushing a truck and she confronted him about the lies and he said--- Haba, I told you i have V-Boot and now you see me with sqaure Boot abi Boot no be Boot?
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by nearest(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
Relax101:

You are so right. I remember this episode so well.

Please upload the movie on youtube. I take Jehovah beg you o.

Its on vhs tape don't even have a vhs player anymore.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Amtired: 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
Guys how about "WILLY WILLY GOST"? back in those days i couldn't watch it because i was very young and the movie was scary
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by duduspace(m): 3:09am On Oct 19, 2011
slimyem:

watched iton Ostv as a kid.guy had a funny way of tucking in his shirt and matching the combo with a face cap.

Yes, I remember the cap very well. grin grin
nice dramas like Ipile rere as well with Mr A-D-A (Adan) and the Iriri Aiye series.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by lailaiwala: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2011
lailaiwala:

what years did it run?

arseholes!  angry
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by tpia5: 8:33am On Mar 10, 2012
can someone remind me when ostv/osrc was founded?

couldnt find much info online.

the national broadcasting corporation site says 1986 but i think it was before then.

i know it used to be ostv [not osrc] and the name later changed to osrc when the radio and tv stations were merged.
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by tpia5: 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
Bump
Re: Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? by Bofemsky(f): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2013
I remember one of Uncle Joe's episode where he travelled out of the country for a year and when he came back and he was saying shebi they harvest yam from tree top and plantain in the soil! I also remember Jagua, Benny Hill show,Mr Spencer(the European comedian) we used to call him damaging director then; like my kids say, gone are those days!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones Season 2 Is Out / John De Mol Is Big Brother( The Real Face Face Of Big Brother) / Full List Of Winners At Broadcasters Merit Awards 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.